[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

tfw no musical gf that will play music with me.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

File: 10429561045_a2cab7ca0f_b.jpg (271KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
10429561045_a2cab7ca0f_b.jpg
271KB, 681x1024px
tfw no musical gf that will play music with me.
>>
>>34323424
>being able to play music
>having the ability to make countless felines wet just by vibrating air
>being able to be a chad
>having a bonus for your work career at all times

Ordinary homosexuals, relocate your virtual bodies to the exterior of this world wide web visual forum.
>>
>>34323424
She looks like a stuck-up elitist cunt who'll look her huge beakish nose down on me for listening to Radiohead or something
>>
only do a musical outfit with your gf if you are prepared for it to be relatively short lived. settle for a gf that fits your taste please, dont date a Les Rallizes Denudes gf when youre a mac demarco basic bitch.
>>
>>34323424
from what I've seen, the musical women who I've met for the most part are easily deceived by shit with bells and whistles and have no want to master any sort of artistry or technique, or make anything that isn't just cute or neat. Its a deadend, if the bitch don't got a driving complex or crafted discipline. The same for men, but women have a worse grip of striving on inbetweens and outsides like music or art. Lenina type psuedo-smarties, psuedo-arties, goal isn't in art but out of it.
>>
File: 424.jpg (46KB, 680x684px) Image search: [Google]
424.jpg
46KB, 680x684px
>tfw no degenerate leftist hipster snob gf
>>
>>34323424
>high school
>switch to trombone in symphonic band during junior year
>only one other trombone player, she's a thicc girl (honestly overweight but she wore it perfectly, fattest ass, wide hips, huge tits, somehow had a flat stomach) with a really cute face
>kinda fun to talk to because she was surprisingly funny and usually talked first but I never pursued conversations with her because someone had told me she fucked some dude in middle school

Looking back on it I probably should've talked to her more, I really had nothing confirming that rumour except for the hearsay of one guy who hardly even knew her. Not too much lost though, she wasn't musically talented and I was better than her at trombone in one year even though she had been playing for five years. She couldn't even reach seventh position, serves her right for playing a man's instrument.
>>
File: NYC arab.jpg (26KB, 500x632px) Image search: [Google]
NYC arab.jpg
26KB, 500x632px
>>34323424
>tfw no abusive cello playing high test asian/arab manlet bf to play music while he calls me a piece of shit and degrades me

why live
>>
>>34323727
thats what you get for not assuming the best in people.

how long ago was this?
>>
>>34323890
Yeah, I usually try to do that but I screwed up that time. The guy who told me the rumour has otherwise been very honest with me though, I think he just told me because it was a hilarious story, probably was about a different girl though.

Two or three years, why do you ask?
>>
>>34324194
figured you might be able to talk to her again and try to see if there is a connection between you two. 3 years isnt too long.
>>
>tfw no bf to play trad folk music with you
>>
>>34324394
You're either a gayfag or you're the snobbish stuck up elitist liberal woman as described in >>34323576
>>
>>34324394
If you're a guy then that is infuriatingly degenerate.
>>
>>34324249
If she didn't move perhaps, I go to a local community college, not sure what her after high school plans were.

Still, it's highly likely she has a boyfriend by now, hell she might've then, a girl that cute doesn't stay alone long. We didn't really have a connection before anyway, we both played trombone, never talked outside of class. I'd look her up on social media but I can't remember her last name desu and I didn't buy a yearbook.

I just remembered I knew her back in my sixth grade math class. Teacher used to roast her name all the time, part of it was "day" but he would always stick "night" in place of it. He usually called people by last name but he called her and me by first name, I suppose he called on her by first name to make fun of her, he called my first name because we were chill and I was the only student who was genuinely interested in math.
>>
>>34324394
if you are talking about the NMH/ edward sharpe kind of folk ur in luck because all girls eat that shit up.
>>
>>34323424
did her and her tranny husband thing split up? i see derek is no longer in the band.
>>
>>34324428
>>34324440
I'm neither of those. You both sound very bitter. I'm alone and grew up in a dead musical tradition, and have nearly given up on playing at times because no one shares my passion for it.
>>34324459
I said traditional folk. See, this is why I don't even bother looking for people similar.
>>
File: alienobserver.jpg (59KB, 580x800px) Image search: [Google]
alienobserver.jpg
59KB, 580x800px
my musical waifu is Grouper
I want to be an insomniac with her.
>>
>>34324454
shame, well next time just give it a good try, i find you will always regret not trying than trying and failing. Regret is my main motivator so thats how I live.
>>
>>34324467
>You both sound very bitter
Oh, its the "you must behave irl the way you post online" liberal tumblr woman meme.

So you're one of those "elitist female alt musician" types, confirmed.
>>
>>34324467
there are girls out there, just have to find them. I think if you keep doing folk related things there might be one u meet someday. if you stop you are all but guaranteed to not find.
>>
>>34324467
Ayyy I can sing if you want to collaborate on something for funsies
>>
>>34324467
If you are a female elitist musician wanna talk about music or shit with me? Its really hard to find people that are into music that I really connect with. When I do find someone its the best experience :)
>>
>>34324509
You're so hostile when I've done absolutely nothing. I'm not liberal, I'm third position more than anything and tend to lean towards anarchoprimitivism.
>>34324535
I am a girl. As I wrote I am from a dead tradition where I can't find anyone who shares interest, male or female. I would love just having someone to talk music and play with.
>>34324545
What languages can you sing in?
>>34324574
What music do you like?
>>
>>34324593
>What languages can you sing in?
only english
>>
I'd give my left nut to have a bf with whom I could cuddle, write poetry, and listen to Jeff Buckley records.
>>
>>34324619
We wouldn't be interested in playing the same kind of music, but thanks for the offer.
>>
>>34324593

I'm a big fan of folk/post punk/avantgarde stuff
i really love pentangle and robbie basho, though those are just the more popular ones that we might have in common.
>>
>>34324646
>>What languages can you sing in?
>only english
>trad folk
>non american
lel I guess not
>>
>>34324662
Wait, not sure I understand your post, you're not American but a trad folk singer? So you are British then? We might actually have some interest in common even if it's not really what I normally play. Do you like Ewan MacColl or A.L. Lloyd?
>>
>>34324727
no I assumed that since you mentioned you wanted something other than english you were looking for non american folk, which I am not knowledgeable or interested in(generally)
>>
tfw no female gf who will be a girl and friends with me
>>
>>34324467
>>34324593

What you mean traditional folk? like traditional as in not modern pop folk-revival, like older stuff like von ronk, hardin, van zandt stuff, or you mean traditional-tradiitional, like American Traditional music?
>>
>>34324759
Traditional-traditional.
>>
File: Marjory_Kennedy-Fraser.png (38KB, 198x262px) Image search: [Google]
Marjory_Kennedy-Fraser.png
38KB, 198x262px
>>34324467
>>34324593
>traditional folk
Check out Marjory Kennedy-Fraser's works. She's arranged a large number of Hebriedean folk songs, many of which are simply beautiful. Ezra Pound called her a genius.
>>
>>34324637
Its nuts he just fucking drowned one day right?
>>
>>34324804
Thanks, that's my kind of thing. Makes me think of Alasdair Fraser from the name.
>>
>>34324806
I honestly think rock music would be drastically different today had he lived. He was one of a kind.

>tfw we will never hear My Sweetheart The Drunk
>>
>>34324771
I dont know, I truly do like the deep rooted power behind traditional music and the philosophy behind oral history and storytelling in music, but it just wasn't the genre that enthralled me and pulled me into music to create, though of course there are great songs there.

I suppose most of musical interest is just that.

>>34324917
One of a kind yayaya

>drastically different
Thats a big claim. Like popular rock? Because I just think the state of popular rock is unavoidable, because how pop just works now. I can't even begin to imagine who is the most influential musician to modern rock in its totality. maybe Built to Spill or something.
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.