[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Old People

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 2.jpg (7KB, 231x218px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
7KB, 231x218px
>Go to Grandparents house to help redo their bathroom
>Grandma ask me if I want lunch and tells me to make myself a sandwich and that everything is in the fridge
>open the fridge
>The bread is like 4 months old and covered with fuzzy green mold
>lunchmeat expired 2 months ago
>Mayonaise expired last year
>mustard in the bottle was nothing but yellow liquid from the water they added to it because they always say "wasting food is a sin"
>chips were sitting in what looked like late 70's style Tupperware containers and were stale as shit
>stomach starts to turn so walk out into their living room
>mfw I see my grandfather eating a sandwich with chips

Why are old people so disgusting?
>>
>>34323177
My grandparents (well, grandma) do this too. IDK about your grandparents but mine grew up during the depression so my grandma still has that "depression era mentality" (which isn't a bad thing).
>>
>>34323177
They gave up on life. Just like /r9k except 70 years late.
>>
>>34323208
>Grandpa is a retired Colonel from the Marine Corp
>Grandmother made good money in an insurance firm'
>Collectively make almost 6 figures sitting on their ass doing nothing but napping all day
>still can't be bothered to buy fresh food

I don't get this shit even if they grew up in bad times. They can't take this shit with them when they die.
>>
File: 1479921756926.jpg (15KB, 317x275px) Image search: [Google]
1479921756926.jpg
15KB, 317x275px
>>34323302
My grandpa worked ever since he was 12 years old and my grandma helped open the first blood bank in town; both of them also have about 6 figures in assets (liquid and otherwise) but my grandma is a straight-up fucking hoarder. She literally hoards empty cardboard boxes because she thinks she can sell them "to the guys from mexico" like you sell empty soda cans.

Part of it is probably your grandparents having this "oh we're so smart we pinch every penny" routine (like my grandma), but there's taking it too far. Another example: My grandma bought a second fucking refrigerator to store all the large amounts of food she buys, even though she only cooks for my grandpa and her, EVEN THOUGH the first fridge she had is filled to the brim with spoiled food, some of it frozen food dating back to probably 15 years ago. Back then, freezers+refrigerators weren't as common as now, so my grandma thinks "oh if I put it in the fridge/freezer, it'll never go bad!"...and then she tries to feed me 12 year old freezerburnt microwave pizza as if it's still palatable. OTOH, my grandma doesn't spend a fucking dime of the money she has in the bank/savings, and my mom + I stand to inherit most of it. I'm sure she's just trying to hoard all that money to keep it in the family after she passes away; something her mother wasn't able to do (keep the wealth in the family)

>tl;dr: they might not be able to take it with them, but they're also probably saving all those shekels 4U
>>
File: IMG_0176.jpg (73KB, 500x495px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0176.jpg
73KB, 500x495px
>tfw Grandpa still has canned vegetables and spam from the 70's because he is convinced canned goods will never go bad
>>
>>34323302
They're dying, bruh, but as in they've lost the will for life.

You see this in retirement homes all the time. There's a point where the brain just gives up on routines and logic but maintains old personality runtimes, I swear.
>>
>>34323470
>They're dying

We all are
>>
>it was my turn to watch grandma
>grandma shit all over the floor
>used that to guilt trip father into taking grandma duty
>got two extra days of beautiful vacation from my hellish life watching grandma slowly die
>spent most of it shitfaced
>>
>>34323446
Have you tried it? When I was growing up I had a friend whose dad was about 70 years old and he had tons of old canned shit. My friend and I would eat ancient fish and crap for fun. I vomited once from an egg but I'm pretty sure that's because we didn't cook it, but otherwise we were fine.
>>
>>34323842
Jesus. Your a braver man than me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.