[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Place of love in art

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 7ef.jpg (29KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
7ef.jpg
29KB, 600x600px
Almost all forms of media & art make love and intimate relationships out to be the centerpiece of human life.

Is this true? Should it be true?
Are we deprived of quite literally the most important aspect of human life? Art and media clearly indicates that we do.

Is the search for a partner the most worthwhile pursuit there can be?
>>
It's universal to practically everyone, and most people have experienced it to some extent, so you will see it a lot.
>>
There is love for nature too.

The love between humans can be special and intimate.
>>
reproduction is a pretty big goddamn deal don't you know
>>
>>34319384

No it really isn't. A big meme.
>>
>>34319324
higher pursuits are usually specific and individual whereas intimate relationships are (save for us) nearly universal
art is appealing to the lowest common denominator in that respect in my opinion
>>
>>34319384
Not really. I have no real desire to have kids. Might change one day, but in reality with overpopulation and orphans, then soon designer babies and cloning. Its really not a big deal. Reproducing was a survival mechanism for our species but our intelligence will allow us to evolve past that
>>
>>34319324
What if, what if the media and art use love and intimate relationships because its the lowest common denominator that speaks directly to our primal instincts?
Those who have it; appreciate it, those who dont have it; want it. Its a win/win.

Media should be focussing more on dank memes is what they should do.
>>
>>34319413
what a non-statement.
>>34319435
>our intelligence will allow us to evolve past [evolution]

so the intelligent egalitarian people sit back, let society and their bodies fall to shit while painting a mental landscape to hide in while all the other people are popping babies out left and right in high school because they don't want to go to college. cuckolding really is the thinking man's fetish.
>>
>>34319681
the hell you going on about?

I'm just talking about how we don't even need to have sex to reproduce anymore. Its just currently the more popular option.
>>
>>34319748
>we don't even need to have sex to reproduce anymore.

who is "we"?
>>
>>34319748
>having children is a popular opinion
>2017
>>
>>34319838
We. As a species. Humans.
>>
>>34319920
here's an idea:

the whole point of life is so that you can reproduce. cultural standards, human rights, altruism, music, the sense of wonder, the sense of resolution and joy, they're all ploys built in by genetics in order to preserve you as a human. it's all smokescreen. are you eager to tear that away from people? do you think you'll find a place for your clones in the vacuum where the old society was?
>>
>>34320263
the whole point of life was not to reproduce. That is just a mechanism to make sure life survives.
>>
>>34320376
music is just a mechanism to attract mates. altruism is just protecting your biological similars and improving your standing with the group. happiness is just dopamine and serotonin being released when your brain says you accomplished something, in order to better form memories.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.