[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are you dumb or smart? Im really dumb.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: CPGOnYXUkAAignF.jpg (84KB, 600x584px) Image search: [Google]
CPGOnYXUkAAignF.jpg
84KB, 600x584px
Are you dumb or smart?
Im really dumb.
>>
I border on being mentally retarded.
>>
Do you have proof of your lack of intelligence?
>>
I'm pretty dumb.

The annoying type of dumb where my family says i'm smart and have potential, but I actually don't.
>>
File: CPqfphOVEAAa1Uw.jpg (35KB, 600x239px) Image search: [Google]
CPqfphOVEAAa1Uw.jpg
35KB, 600x239px
>>34317742
I fail at maths, have the attention span of a goldfish during lectures, couldnt understand anything about computers or programing even when i really tried, cant form any opinion in political things most of times.
>>
>>34317656
Depends?

I play piano well (used to)
I know music theory
I read a lot of online articles
I like documentaries and "top ten" vids on Youtube
I like math (I used to hate it)
I have an undergrad degree
People have always said I was smart. Some called me a genius.
I enjoy discussing academia; ideas about mysticism; psychology; famous intellects; life and death; music; a little bit of science; politics; history; experiences with drugs; mathematics; culture; movies; religion; animals and nature.

Keep in mind that I am no expert in any of those fields. I greatly appreciate them though.

I do not consider myself acceptionally brilliant at all. I am probably just slightly above average intelligence. I just love to question the why of things in life. I seek to learn things I find intriguing.
>>
>>34317753
same for me. I hav a degree and my driving licence, for the rest I fail. It's like I'm not in my body a d my mind. "Potential" is just a newspeak word for dumb and socially awkward
>>
File: 1479524940496.jpg (33KB, 315x315px) Image search: [Google]
1479524940496.jpg
33KB, 315x315px
Someone here has a serious memory losses?
>>
File: image.jpg (110KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
110KB, 550x550px
Average-ish intelligence.
>>
>>34317929
Exceptionally*

I feel embarrassed for using the wrong word.. I am too drunk to think right now.
>>
I happen to be intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor
>>
>>34317656
I have total recall. I haven't studied for a test in 8 years
>>
I dont know.

I feel stupid most of the time, but people tell me I'm smart as fuck. Maybe I just have stupid friends.

I would guess somewhere in the 100-115 range.
>>
my idiocy breaches genius borders
>>
People tell me I'm smart

But I can't get a gf

So how smart can I really be?
>>
I'd say that I'm like 10-20% above average
>>
>>34318075
>tfw too smart to cultivate meaningful relationships
>>
File: 1405884389565.png (26KB, 775x591px) Image search: [Google]
1405884389565.png
26KB, 775x591px
People tell me I'm smart.

I don't really know and to be honest I don't even know if I want to be aware of that fact. Like: I'm smart and shit now, how is my life going to change?
>>
>>34318160
The definition of "intelligence" is something along the lines of

>the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills

If whatever-adjective-you-are makes you worse at applying a skill (here: having meaningful relationships) it means you aren't intelligent.

And intelligent person would be able to acquire and apply the desired skill.
>>
>>34318310
tfw too intelligent to care about the bullshit you posted
>>
>>34317656
Some people say im dumb, some say Im a borderline genius.

I think im just good at acquiring knowledge and repeating it like some fuckin parrot
>>
File: 1484068687370.png (461KB, 674x666px) Image search: [Google]
1484068687370.png
461KB, 674x666px
>>34317656
>tfw no dumb gf to teach things
>>
>>34317753
This

Originio
>>
>>34317656
I'm pretty stupid. I skipped most of highschool to watch anime and get high
>>
File: 1483748262233.png (90KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
1483748262233.png
90KB, 246x246px
Ii'm terribly dumb, i dropped out of high school and i'm not good at anything. My greatest achievement is avoiding getting killed for this long, but even that is not very impressive taking in consideration that i've spent the last 3 years in my home.
>>
The worst part of being dumb is seeing everyone suceed in exams or whatever and knowing they know you are dumb. That and the brain pauses or whatever they are called.
>>
File: 1386725795931.jpg (43KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1386725795931.jpg
43KB, 480x360px
It's honestly a pretty depressing lifestyle to have people think that you're smart about the most mundane shit when in reality you just know basic stuff about things and are actually just really fucking stupid.

This false sense of expectation is both frustrating and saddenning, just give up on the thought process that 'everyone has something in this world they are good at and understand that i'm going to be a useless sack of shit for the rest of my life.
>>
File: 2ff.jpg (54KB, 541x380px) Image search: [Google]
2ff.jpg
54KB, 541x380px
math/geometry/physics: sufficiently intelligent to be better than +99% of the population and get into some of the best schools; but not enough to *actually* make a difference.

social: i'm a fuckin vegetable.

conclusion: being book smart has opened me a RELIABLE path to earn a decent wage; however, it has brought me nothing but despair apart from that. I am all too aware of my failings and I am too honest with myself regarding how inferior i am in many ways in which people actually derive happiness. hold me /r9k/, I want to take the blue pill...
>>
>>34317929
And everything you're doing is what sets up apart from averageness.
>>
I've been called smart many times
I've been called dumb many times
I think it just switches at random
>>
>>34318880
Same. At one of the best Unis for physics, but don't really have the drive or probably even the talent to make it to the very top. That having been said, research is at a fairly boring point right now anyways

Social skills have been improving, hope I'll be able to get to an acceptable level on that soon
>>
>>34319571
how are you improving your skills
I have had 0 friends through college and and I still have none in grad school. i sometimes have discussions with classmates but never anything outside of the lab or classroom
>>
>>34319990
Mostly stopped getting bullied in middle school, just a little in HS. Went abroad to a different HS after year 11. Because I no longer had the baggage of being known as that weird guy who everyone bullies people treated me better. I very slowly made some friendships. i think I just slowly figured things out, I actually had one guy who I guess was a friend tell me at the end of HS that he had at first thought I was weird, but later found me to be a cool guy who was just a bit eccentric. Wasn't exactly a normie when I graduated HS

At college I didn't really have any friends in my first year. At the beginning if 2nd year I bit the bullet and joined a sports club. It was awkward at first but then I slowly started to talk to my teammates. They were mostly chads so that really helped me improve quickly. Now I'm in my 3rd year and on the committee. Have managed to give impromptu speeches in front of people so I would say it's gotten a lot better

I would say the main thing is to put yourself in a situation where you need to interact with people. Usually that's school, it becomes harder at college. For me being in a club helped, you can probably try that as well. Occasional contact with people in your lectures doesn't really do much because it doesn't encourage any bonding, just polite but fleeting conversations
>>
>>34317656
I'm a retard, but I'm good at making people think I'm smart.
>>
>>34317656
I'm smart but lazyy
>>
>>34320763
same here. Im pretty retarded to the point of fooling people that I can be clever when in actuality I don't know squat most times.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.