[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever gone to a movie by yourself, /r9k/?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 143923007.jpg (71KB, 481x356px) Image search: [Google]
143923007.jpg
71KB, 481x356px
Have you ever gone to a movie by yourself, /r9k/?
>>
>>34317653
yeah and i bring crab legs
>>
>>34318413
and i munch munch munch til i can't munch anymore
>>
Yes. It's pretty comfy, but you have to sit at the back to avoid kids throwing popcorn at you.
>>
Yes. I saw "A Walk to Remember" by myself.

I cried a little.
>>
>>34317653
Yeah, got stood up at a date once, and decided "Fukit im here might as well watch dis thing"..

Was alright men.
>>
File: sad3_megumin.png (262KB, 540x417px) Image search: [Google]
sad3_megumin.png
262KB, 540x417px
>>34317653

Yeah, after inviting some other friends over...who never came.
>>
Going to one tonight desu.
>>
>>34317653
>Have you ever gone to a movie by yourself

Back in my mid-twenties, I did so every weekend. Went to dinner by myself, watched a movie by myself. There were people beside me and, for a brief while, I could pretend I wasn't alone.

Of course, after years of being asked to change my seat so a man could sit beside his girlfriend, of listening to conversations I couldn't participate in, I stopped those visits. Reality intervened, and I couldn't sustain the illusion any longer.

I remember the last time I went to the movies alone. An old friend of mine invited me to her home, one I had always harbored a bit of a crush on. I drove to another city and found her stoned out of her skull. I tried to speak to her, but she was too drugged to talk to me. She lounged on the couch for a couple of hours, eventually leading me outside to her porch. She confessed she was pregnant, doing so reluctantly because she feared I would consider her a slut.

A half an hour elapsed and the father of her child showed up. I was gently encouraged to leave; he was the jealous type, after all.

For the first time in years, I went to the movies alone that night. I watched another drama on the screen I could never be a part of and watched the happy couples around hold hands together, their happiness no less fictional for me than the experiences of the actors projected in front of me.

Suffice it to say, I never went to the movies alone again.
>>
I wanted to go see Doctor Strange but couldn't find time (thanks, university!) until the very last night it was on my local theatre. No one could come with me either. It was me, a middle-aged couple who I guess were fans (they stayed for oth after credits), and a mother with her child. No one else. Great movie. Comfy as fuck.

Also, previous to that I won a ticket for the last Mission Impossible movie, it was at the last minute so I couldn't get anyone to come. But going alone to the movies is pretty cool, even if that time there was a lot of people.
>>
>>34319455
wut did u watch desu?
>>
>>34317653

every movie i watch i go to watch alone. honestly, its gotten to the point where i prefer to watch movies by myself. its a lot more fun taht way, u get to rlyw atch teh movie without having to worry about someone else, and most importantly u get to watch the movie on ur own terms.

i like to roll up a j before i go to the movies. an i get to take my sweet time smoking it without being rushed by others. hoenstly watching movies alone is the patrician choice, its not a social activity.
>>
>>34317653
Yeah, two days ago I went to see Lalaland.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.