[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why cant millenials get jobs? :DDD they must be entitled

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 159
Thread images: 18

File: fugg.png (80KB, 469x317px) Image search: [Google]
fugg.png
80KB, 469x317px
Why cant millenials get jobs? :DDD they must be entitled
>>
File: zoommummy.jpg (17KB, 385x398px) Image search: [Google]
zoommummy.jpg
17KB, 385x398px
>anon you have a math degree just go into finance!
>all finance jobs what a master's in finance and at least 3 years experience.
>>
>>34314672
Maybe if you pussy faggots would take lower wages and worse working conditions, you would have a job. Look at all those Chinamen that have jobs. They don't complain
>>
A lot of ads will say "experience required" even if they don't require any experience, just to help filter through and improve their potential applicants. Apply anyway.
>>
>>34315627
bussers get paid minimum wage
>>
>>34315685
Minimum wage is too high as it is and they keep crying for it to go higher. That's why these lazy millennial fucks don't have jobs.
>>
File: 1465657083164.png (345KB, 500x560px) Image search: [Google]
1465657083164.png
345KB, 500x560px
ITT : Retarded millennials who don't know what entry level jobs are.
>>
>>34315671
this is bullshit and pisses off HR people
>>
>>34315704
>Minimum wage is too high as it is
You either have a horrible bait game or you're an actual 14 year old
>>
>>34315709
A busser isn't an entry level job?
>>
>>34315763
Minimum wage is alright where its at. If you want to get paid more maybe pursue more education?
>inb4 meh college debt
Go to a fucking trade school if you don't want a lot of college debt you autists.
>>
>>34315709
Show me one example of an entry level job where the employer is willing to train you. Unskilled labor jobs don't count.
>>
>>34315800
Guess what? Trade schools cost money too
>>
>>34315685

Depends upon the area.

Bussers here make $2.70/hr and are expected to share tips. Dishwashers make even less.

>who the fuck tips a busser?
>who the fuck even thinks about dishwashers, much less tipping them?
>>
>>34314672
no shit idiot, move out of the city. in the midwest here seems like I could be making 20/hr easy in a warehouse or production if I wasn't such a waste of oxygen
>>
>>34315805
http://www.careerbuilder.com/job/JHL34X6HQGJVLL0VSGL?ipath=JRG5&searchid=1233b089-c7b4-44e0-90ea-23b0d9e86236&siteid=ns_us_g
>>
>>34315800
>minimum wage is too high
Any lower and we would have to repeal the 13th amendment. Fuck off ancap scum
>>
>>34315848
http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobs-entry-level
>>
>>34314672
>Why cant millenials get jobs?
Is a person born in 1982 a millenial?
If so, I'm one. And I have a stable job in the ICT. Open-ended contract, decent 14-months salary, medical insurance, etc.
No college degree, dropped out during year 2 to start working.
>>
>>34315848
>MMG is an innovative company that is transforming the marketing & advertising industry.
Stopped reading there. Gonna go ahead and guess it's a scam marketing position that floods job posting sites and is commission only.
>>
>>34315704
>get paid minimum wage
>what you make a year is below the poverty line
>durr minimum wage us to high
Yearly minimum wage is 15080 dollars, chop off a chunk of that for various taxes, for me they come to about 25% of my check leaving me at 11310 a year, and then realize that for a single person the poverty line is 11880 a year after taxes
And this is if you don't live in a fucked up high cost area
>>
>>34315887
The "poverty line" is a liberal trick to keep people on welfare
>>
File: IMG_0146.png (115KB, 574x470px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0146.png
115KB, 574x470px
>>34315704
Minimum wage is lower than it was 50 years ago thanks to inflation, old man.
>>
>>34314672
It's a bussing job. Literally a chimpanzee could do it.

So point being is just make up the 3 years of experience.
>>
>>34315913
>>>/reddit/
You have go back
>>
I got the same shit trying to get hired as a busser here in florida, every fucking job wanted experience.....to wash fucking tables. I finally got one interview and I go there and the guy tells me he just hired a busser but he might be able to get me in as a dishwasher 2 nights a week. Life sucks.
>>
>>34314672
>wanting a job
>not admitting that if other people didn't get mad at you for being entitled you would be entitled as fuck
>>
>>34315922
Work was harder and people were more productive 50 years ago. Work a harder job and work better if you want to be paid more
>>
File: 1484852856640.png (42KB, 737x800px) Image search: [Google]
1484852856640.png
42KB, 737x800px
>>34316030
Lol kill yourself. Boomer apologist
>>
>>34314672
the 3+ years experience is to weed out pathetic betas with no self-esteem. just apply for it and go in there and shake their hands and you'll get the job no problem.
>>
>>34316030
baiting or not, people actually think this way and its pants on head retarded
>>
>>34315927
>So point being is just make up the 3 years of experience.
You need references from those 3 years of experience or your app goes immediately into the trash
>>
File: IMG_0147.png (77KB, 538x305px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0147.png
77KB, 538x305px
>>34316081
>"Give 'em a firm handshake, son"

>>34316030
>people were more productive
Blatant lie, America as a nation is way more productive now than any other time
in history.
We can afford to raise the minimum wage.
>work a harder job
What do you have in mind?
>>
>>34316094
>Buy burner phone so the number is unlisted in searches
>Give burner phone to friend or family member
>"The place I worked at is <some very small restaurant name here> or <name of place that recently closed down here> or <make up name here>"
>Here is the number of my most recent supervisor.
>>
>>34315799
Bussing isn't an entry level job at high end restaurants which is where op's ad came from.

Yes, bussing is an extremely simple job but there are other factors like punctuality and civility. Three years experience means you know how to be on time, work with others, and deal with customers.
>>
>>34316190
>Just lie to get the job!
You are literally saying that the system works as long as you purposefully go around the system. Are you just stupid or what
>>
>>34314672
that's the food service industry, you have to start off bussing before you can run, then if you're good, you might get a server position but you have to pay your dues and prove you're good

that experience is because it's a french restaurant in west village, so it's probably an established place and kids looking for any job they can get come and go in the restaurant industry, so you have to be about it. If you've worked restaurant jobs before, then you'll already know what's up. No need to be told to hustle, you've already worked in the industry.

That's just how it is. Some lazy robots think they can come in to a restaurant because it's work, and they need work, and never get or respect that it's fast paced and hardcore. You can't even get a dishwashing job if you have no hustle. Mexicans can do your job waaaaaay better and for less pay.

>>34315685
>>34315831
This is true but bussers don't get tipped directly, they get a cut of the pooled tips. All the tips come in and get split up by percentages and then timed out. So a busser can make 18 an hour on a good night but probably averages closer to 13/14 and runners will get a larger cut of that, then barbacks, then servers and bartenders.

All front of house gets paid more than back of house, always. The Chef will make less per hour than any of his servers unless he's the owner and the joint is really killing it.

Dishwashers make shit and work hard af. They're the best. <3
>>
>>34316240
I never said the system is a good one. But it is what it is, complaining on a Chink cartoon board won't change it. So I told you how to get a job like the one in OP's pic if you're a NEET without experience.

Do with my advice as you'd like to.
>>
>>34316081
>just walk right in and ask for a job
>that's how I did it back in my day!
>>
>>34316250

Imagine going to college for 4 years only to work as a dishwasher
>>
>>34315203
You should have at least 2 years of relevant work experience by the time you get the degree - go to work while in uni.
>>
Just lie on your resume (degree, past experience, etc). Everyone does it, most HR departments are lazy cunts that don't check shit unless you're working at Google or something.
>>
>>34315714
HR people deserve to be pissed off. What's the worst they'll do, not call you?
>>
>>34316513
>have to choose between graduating in 4 years or interning
>all internships are a couple cities away and during classes so I figure it's best to save money
>whoops!

I changed majors twice. That's why I had to choose.
>>
>>34315927
Then why are humans being hired to do that shit? Let's get chimpanzees on that bussing jobs. Man, these employers don't know SHIT. Tell em how it is ANON.
>>
>>34316487
if you went to college for 4 years, you are not going to end up washing dishes and if you do, you're probably going to suck at it

if you're coming out of college, go for a front of house position at a cooler/hip kind of restaurant where assholes like your peers in college tend to go eat. Those places hire young people out of or in college, pay is decent, and you can meet people who are in similar positions. Get your bearing. And then go get an entry level position in your field. The only reason to wash dishes, in our field, is if you're cool with deadbeat, or if you're looking to be a cook. Nobody who is after just money should EVER apply for a kitchen job. Work the shitty front side of the restaurant, it pays better.
>>
>>34315709
>don't know what entry level jobs are.
because they don't exist anymore. it would be like expecting young people to be familiar with 8-track tapes.
>>
>>34316608
>Picking up plates
>Hard

Choose one.

Here's a life tip, friend. If the job pays minimum wage (or close to it), a chimpanzee could probably be trained to do it.
>>
>>34315627
they complain alot you just dont notice since you dont understand chinese.
>>
>>34316240
Dude, in a capitalist society... Only those who lie, feel little guilt or remorse ever actually succeed and manage to amass huge fortunes. That and those kinds of people in hugely celebrated positions, such as musicians and so on. And even those all turn to drugs in order to cope with how shit things are really.

Most give back to the people in charity etc. because they understand how fucking broken capitalism is.

You can't win if you don't lie, you can't win if you don't cross people. You just can't win if you're even remotely caring of others' well being.

Just tell people you care all the time and they'll believe it really, the reality is that very little people actually care, they're in it for the bux.
>>
File: 1456125858954.jpg (17KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1456125858954.jpg
17KB, 500x336px
>>34316668
Exactly, so why aren't we training chimpanzees to do it, is what I'm asking, right? If it is THAT easy and if it is THAT simple to train a monkey to do it.

Right lads? No one deserves to have a remotely comfortable life if all they are doing is pick up dishes 12 hours a day boys, remember that. Your job is AS EASY AS SLEEPING AHAHAH, YOU DON'T DESERVE TO EVEN BE PAID AT ALL AHAHA, A CHIMP COULD DO THIS AHAHAH.

t. bully shitlord who thinks that shit will stick with anyone who can actually exercise critical thinking.
>>
>>34315203
Half my graduating class wne tinto finance right away with no experience.
>>
>>34316778
Calm down, friend. No need to be so triggered.

Just because a chimpanzee could be trained to go around a restaurant picking up dirty plates, doesn't mean it's efficient to get them from the jungles and spend countless time training them.

And those jobs are meant to be starting jobs, mainly for teenagers and college kids.

It's not my fault you spent your teens and 20s partying and now you're a 28 year old making minimum wage.

I used to work those shitty minimum wage jobs myself, and I knew how much it sucked. So unlike you, I went out and got qualified to get better paying jobs.
>>
>>34316668
Not realistic. You don't have nearly enough peanuts and once the monkies realize they can eat the food the entire system collapses.
>>
>>34316225
High end restaurants don't advertise on fucking craigslist
>>
>>34316668
You don't have nearly enough peanuts and once the monkies realize they can eat the food the entire system collapses. They barter food for sexual favors. And the second someone is happy to see their meal they'll end up getting their face ripped off. It's just not realistic is what it is.
>>
I'm getting paid 60k a year to sell craft beer to people lol
>>
>>34316871
Nice strawman, I'm sorry that your ego has been so shattered that you need to believe that only people bellow you/unemployed would call you out for being a literal retard for saying that getting paid/converting your lifetime into 300 euros or 400 us dorars per month or whatever is totally normal and OK because even chimps could do it.

I congratulate you for calling your own ability equal to the ability of a chimp though and I shall raise you a nice insult: you're a fucking idiot and you deserve the mediocre success you've attained.

Try not to let that shit show though, you know, the self-righteousness bullshit. Nothing has time for that. Even chimps can be self-righteous come on.
>>
>>34316778
>using shitlord unironically
you have to go back
>>
>>34316808
Where was the school at?
>>
>>34316982
>300 euros or 400 us dorars per month or whatever is totally normal and OK because even chimps could do it
You know you could get the qualifications to apply for a job that doesn't pay shit. I came from a white trash family, got an accounting degree and sat for the CPA exam and now make decent money. I came from literally nothing and still made something out of myself.

But this is r9k, so I don't want to break the sandbox. Go back to blaming your parents and boomers and whomever else for your lack of success in life. Obviously none of the fault lies in your own hands.
>>
>>34317113
Sigh, how many times do we have to go through this strawman shit again? Good on you, you made it from scratch, you're fantastic and totally the best chad to ever grace r9k with his presence.

Now discuss the subject at hand and stop bringing in your experience to it as if it is anything but anecdotal evidence and, ultimately, irrelevant to the discussion of OP's topic.

Have a:
>friendly reminder that just because you're an overly emotional cuck who takes everything to heart even though you're not discussing personal things that other people may actually know how to discuss things without bringing their whole family and past and beginnings into it.
>>
>graduate with electrical engineering degree
>scrub crap off plastic pieces at a factory for a living
boy that sure was was worth several years of hard study and going into 30,000 dollars of debt.
>>
>>34317176
It's not really anecdotal evidence. It's pretty much fact if you improve your qualifications you can get better paying jobs. Are you completely retarded?

How do you think people become accountants, doctors, lawyers, engineers, and the like?
>>
>>34315627
>>34315709
Fuck off shekelberg
>>
File: 1448141144314.png (227KB, 443x443px) Image search: [Google]
1448141144314.png
227KB, 443x443px
>>34316982
>your entire lifetime is pointless utter drudgery unless you are sitting on your ass browsing 4chan

social retards who have sworn off all networking and conversation as haram and chalk it up to their power level really think this
>>
>>34317223
>How do you think people become accountants, doctors, lawyers, engineers, and the like?
connections social skills and charisma.
>>
>>34317297
having to do things to get stuff from other people is pretty much the foundation of all human society as we know it but don't let me stop you from pinning that all on a worldwide jewish conspiracy.
>>
>>34317433
It is very Jewish to make people work for things which are free in nature.
>>
>>34317499
your fallacy is the naturalist fallacy.

that shit went out the fucking window when we started choosing what grows where.
>>
>>34317355
If you mean "they have to be able to say 'good morning,' 'good night' and maybe some small talk," I guess you're right. But if you can't do that, there's literally no hope for you.

The main thing is their degrees and professional certifications. Chad just doesn't walk out of his high school graduation into the local hospital and become a doctor because of his looks and charisma.

But hey, continue on with your "my faults are no my fault!" /r9k/ mentality.
>>
>>34317533
No it is not the nature fallacy every time someone mentions the word nature. Making people pay and work for food which grows on trees and is nourished by free water and sunlight is the most greedy, Jewish thing a person could do.
>>
>>34315800
your an idiot. also underage bait.
apartment = $400/mo single bedroom in the hood
utilities = $150/mo
food = $150/mo
car insurance = 65$/mo
gas = $100/mo
total = $865/mo
monthly minimum wage =$7.25/h = $1160 = $975 - taxes
$975 - $865 = $110/mo
trade school degree = $33,000
time to save for a degree = 25 years
i will reach retirment age before i would be able afford a trade school degree. thats if absolutly nothing ever goes wrong in my life.
>>
>>34317806
>car insurance = 65$/mo
I'm paying 125$ a month for my car insurance.
>>
>>34314672
>it's wrong for a business owner to want experienced employees
Why should somebody have to train you? You're seriously entitled
>>
>>34317868
my car is over 25 years old
>>
>>34317930
I think what he means is it was easier back then for someone to get a simple job somewhere . Now a days you need experience to get low paying jobs
>>
>>34317930
>HURRR muh entitlement

Get fucked! We are not serfs living in the middle ages no matter what your sociopathic mind tells you. We have rights as workers and as citizens and as human beings.
>>
>>34317958
I could not get an internship when I was in uni since every internship I looked up required experience as insane as that sounds.
now im stuck with a useless degree and thousands of dollars worth of debt.
>>
>>34317996
>We have rights as workers and as citizens and as human beings
None of those rights say that someone else has to waste time and money training you.
>>
>>34317763
>nature has a value system
>food is free

just come out and say you want to dismantle society and return to barbarism. this style of arguing is very jewish of you.
>>
>>34318064
I see
what are your thoughts on outsourcing?
>>
>>34317996
Fight the good fight anon.

>>34318064
Well, those rights actually do say those exact things, given that the opposite action implies that you are violating the employees basic human rights.

That being said, not like your average scumbag business owner would understand the fist thing about basic human integrity and decency.
>>
>>34317930
i you want expirienced employees your going to have pay more. thats how the job market should regulate itself. too bad our job market is being flooded with cheap labor. its not a closed system anymore whih means it needs to be adapted to changes.
>>
>>34318064
Well they should. The idea of progress is we stop treating each other so shitty and life becomes better for everyone. It should be mandatory for employers to train their employees.
>>
>>34318103
He'll just end up hiring some chinese underage kids or illegal mexicans really, let's not fool ourselves here. They work better, they work forever, they take what they're given and they don't complain in a language their bosses can understand.

How can a simple man *coughJEW* say no to THAT?
>>
>>34315800
>le epic become a welder meme

welders, electricians, plumbers and such hate competition. You have to go through a union to get these jobs. In many places, the only way to get the required certificates is to be be blood related to someone who already has them.
>>
>>34314672
This shit is a bitch. In order to get around it, you have to take apprenticeships, traineeships, or the likes to pass the loophole. If you get a job right off the bat growing up, you're extremely lucky. Shit sucks.
>>
>>34318096
Whoever does the job better should do it. Especially in the private sector. >>34318098
You are not ab employee if you are not employed. Employers don't have any obligation towards you.
>>34318131
So it is ok to take the employers' freedom of hiring whoever they want?
>>
Waaaaaah my entry level position sucks!

If you wanted a great job right out of uni you have to be in the top 1% of uni students Dipshit
Being ranked 70th percentile at your no name state school means jack shit
>>
>>34318263
>So it is ok to take the employers' freedom of hiring whoever they want?

Yeah, it is. Speficially if they're hiring people who are in the country illegally because they know they can pay them less and get more work done. Also known as: taking advantage of someone and therefore, violating their human rights, but I'm pretty sure you're going to try to tell me about how anyone would be doing them a favor to hire them even if they were only paying them a dime a day, right?
>>
>>34315704
What the actual fuck?

Minimum wage is too low!

I'm making $9.25 per hour doing back breaking physical labor work and I'm also part time. I don't have enough money to move out of my parents' house despite wanting to have my own place.
>>
>>34315800
Fuck that. I don't want to do physical labor bullshit. I'm better at academic stuff. I would be terrible in trade jobs. I wouldn't last at all in that field. I'd rather teach or something.
>>
>>34314672

I'd like to get a job but I don't know how to get one. They never taught or explained how to get one. Do I really have to make a resume to get an entry level job?

Can someone explain to me what I have to do to get a job? How do I find one and get hired?
>>
>>34318318
We are talking about employers who want experienced workers, not about illegal immigrants doing shit jobs which most of the natives don't want to do anyways. Don't move your goalposts.
>>
>>34316564
Lying on your resume will actually just get you blacklisted from the industry, so no
>>
>>34318500
>writte down a resume
>google "jobs in [your area]"
>apply for every single one that's not too ridiculous for you to get
>keep doing it until you get a phone call
>go to the interview
>either get a job or go back to step 2
>>
>>34318596

But I have no work experience or anything to put on my resume. It's just going to be an empty piece of paper saying I graduated school and have done nothing else.
>>
>>34318530
That's just a meme

Do you think there really is a secret black list that only HR people have access to?

I mean maybe for high position jobs but certainly not for entry level and minimun wage jobs
>>
>>34318596
I have 2 years restaurant experience and i applied for 100 jobs online 33 open calls and 20 walk ins. Only job i got was part time janitor. Its a rigged system folks
>>
>wagecuck at a drug rehab center
>most of the clients are either millenials who worked minimum wage back breaking jobs (since there were no others available) and ended up injured, or retired baby boomers who got bored with retirement and nearly drank themselves to death
>baby boomers are constantly trlling the millenials they are whiners and need to get a fucking job
>millenials counter saying that they did work, but got injured in back-breaking labor and were prescribed pain med long term
>one was a nurse who was helping an morbid obese babyboomer while working, but ended up breaking her back when her partner ended up slipping and injuring herself trying to get the fatass to the bathroom
>babyboomers say she is lying and storm off
Hence why baby boomers are the worst and most entitled generation. I can't wait until they die out.
>>
>>34318649
Just make some shit up like you tutored younger students or paint houses in the summer. Ask a relative or friend to lie for you and put their phone number there if you can
>>
>>34318668
>Do you think there really is a secret black list that only HR people have access to?
Hate to break this to you, but I'm >>34318689 and the company that owns the rehab I work at, the HR dept. does have a blacklist that they share between other mental health agencies even though it's actually illegal to do so.
>>
>>34318721

I don't have any friends or family to lie for me.
>>
>>34317806

You didn't even take into account Obama's forced health insurance
>>
>>34318721

But why do I have to make up shit? Entry level jobs should be for people with no experience.
>>
>>34318843

Most jobs you have to bullshit, bulshit to costumers, to other coworkers, to your boss. Life in general is about bullshitting. Everyone knows about this but no one wants to change things.
>>
>>34318843
Nono, entry level jobs are for people with 5 years of experience in entry level jobs dummy. Ahaha, look at this kid, thinks he's not going to get exploited just because he has brains. Get fucked kid.
>>
>>34318689
Babyboomers need to die off NOW, desu. One of the reasons being that they overpopulated the planet and they should fix it at least by allowing themselves to die once and for all. I've fucking had it.
>>
File: 1404294390378.png (487KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1404294390378.png
487KB, 900x900px
>look at classifieds
>job open for entry level dishwasher at a resturant
>need 10 years experience and a Ph.D. in dishwashing science
>>
I hate baby boomers so fucking much. It'll be a blessing when the majority of them dies.
>>
File: OY4w945.jpg (182KB, 1137x1137px) Image search: [Google]
OY4w945.jpg
182KB, 1137x1137px
Fuck babyboomers. They're the most entitled generation ever.
>>
>minimum wage created to ensure a living wage for everybody
>lol now it's just for teenagers fuck you
yeah nah fuck off faggots
>>
>>34319067

Yeah, but the problem is "livable" wage is subjective. There should be a legal definition before deciding on the amount and raising it. It should be based on rent and a weeks worth of essential grocery.
>>
>>34318689
>>34318922
>>34319012
>>34319067

I think soon enough we'll start experiencing a mass abandonment of elderly people. And it will be beautiful, glorious, poetic justice.
>>
>>34319063
> Finances boat @3.9%
> makes you borrow tuition money at 8.9%

If you don't pay your boat they can take it from you.
Try doing taking away a degree in womyn studies from somebody..

> at my first job I only made 15k a year
> in 1979 that was the equivalent of 47k

Well you can make that much on just about any trade..
>>
>>34315809
They cost much less money.
>>
File: wagie pledge.jpg (346KB, 2048x1724px) Image search: [Google]
wagie pledge.jpg
346KB, 2048x1724px
So how many hands did you shake today son?
>>
>>34319345
Trade school and the time to go to it isnt free. Are you gonna pay for mine? or the time off work id need to take i have a rent to pay
>>
>>34319367
met a guy at work that managed to get 30,000 dollars in debt from itt
>>
>>34318064
Rights are a meme with no value.
>>
File: IMG_0150.jpg (65KB, 554x554px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0150.jpg
65KB, 554x554px
Why do boomers suck so much corporate cock?
Has too much Fox News fried their brains?
>>
>>34319581
Australia's cost of living is absurd, though.
>>
Make jobs, you fool.

Start a business that makes a point of hiring those with no experience. You'll have a job and so will others.
>>
>>34319581
I had no idea there were mcdonals in australia
>>
>>34316577
>What's the worst they'll do, not call you?

HR here.

We will literally blacklist you. Don't fuck with us.
>>
>>34319666
>Start a business that makes a point of hiring those with no experience

If I don't know how to get myself a job, how do I get others a job?
>>
>>34319666
>Start a business
With what money?
>>
>>34319666
Nope, not going to happen, Satan. If I started a business, I would perfer someone with some work experience.
>>
>>34317806
>your an idiot

The fucking irony!
>>
>>34319666
I was thinking of making a business that hires how you say
diamonds in the rough
men with potential but for one reason or another have fallen through the cracks.
>>
>>34319665
Not much higher than some of our more populous states.
>>
>>34319775
From investors.

Let's say you're weird-looking. Either a bloated neckbeared or a scrawny manlet. You could start something like a computer game studio because you look like the sort of freak who plays games and knows what gamers want.

If you can't find a job now you probably have the time to at least learn how to work Unity.
>>
>>34314672
>when people still think you actually have to have experience to get jobs

They use that to weed people out, they don't give a shit if you actually have 3 years experience they just only want people to apply who either, have experience, or really want the job.
>>
File: 1449882691527.jpg (2MB, 1936x2592px) Image search: [Google]
1449882691527.jpg
2MB, 1936x2592px
Just join the military anon
>>
>>34320005
>implying it's that easy to find investors willing to part with their money that easily
You have zero sense of reality. For an idea like that to work would require going to a bank and convince them to give you a loan for a start-up. They loo k up your credit history (very likely very shitty since no life experience--I had excellent credit history and score of 788 at 32 yet still needed a co-signer when I bought my vehicle) and listen to your plan. If you fuck up even one word, loan denied. If they don't like one single part of your plan, loan denied. If you blink once, loan denied. Etc. In the extremely rare event they grant you the startup loan, it's going to cost more than you originally planned, and very likely will need to borrow more. Most likely, it will be denied since now you failed your end. Are you catching on to what I am saying and what I'll continue to be saying if I go on?

Dumbasses like you are very delusional thinking anyone can easily find investors or convince a bank to give you a start up loan.
>>
File: red-flag-of-a-Narcissist.jpg (129KB, 1547x1397px) Image search: [Google]
red-flag-of-a-Narcissist.jpg
129KB, 1547x1397px
>>34320286
>watches anime and reads manga
>>
File: 1474237573615.jpg (60KB, 866x866px) Image search: [Google]
1474237573615.jpg
60KB, 866x866px
>"This is a casual position offering 10 hours a week."
>Applicant must have full availability, seven days a week."
>>
>>34314672
That's been almost every job posting I've been seeing:

Insulation installer

>2 years experience
>provide own tools
>3 expert references

Local delivery driver

>2 years expereince
>B.A.

Groundskeeper

>FIVE years experience in lawn maintenance
>5 years experience in masonry

I'd take an "entry level" job, but it's literally impossible to live here if you don't make $10 an hour, and minimum wage is 8.
>>
File: HKQkXsn.jpg (108KB, 640x888px) Image search: [Google]
HKQkXsn.jpg
108KB, 640x888px
>>34315704
"No business which depends for existence on paying less than living wages to its workers has any right to continue in this country."
"By 'business' I mean the whole of commerce as well as the whole of industry. By workers I mean all workers, the white collar class as awell as the men in overalls. And by living wages I mean more than a bare subsistence level." FDR
>>
>>34319581
They've even got a good part of the later generations to fall for the "it's the working class's fault that they're poor." meme.

I think it stems from that old belief that you were supposed to "respect"/eat your boss's ass just because he was your boss.
>>
>>34319698
What the fuck is the point of requiring experience for entry level positions? The only thing you'll wind up with is disgruntled employees that didn't get the job they actually wanted so have to settle with the shit one that isn't worth their time.
>>
The job market is only for turbo normies now. Everyone i talked to got their job through connections. Even upper management is filled with retards from marketing and sales.
>>
>>34320934
FDR was literally one of the worst presidents ever
>>
>>34316808
their daddys got them jobs
>>
>>34314672
>no experience
>can only work part time
>all places I look require a year experience minimum
>really hard to get a job
>parents nag at me to find work
>don't want a job
>too much effort for trying to get something I don't want
>no motivation
>sit inside 4 days a week browsing 4chan and playing vidya
>totally fucked once I leave college since I don't plan on going to uni
>worth it

It gets awkward when people ask me what my plans are for after college and in my mind I'm planning on being a NEET for a few years before killing myself.
>>
File: 1405359001256.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1405359001256.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>34321297
>muh new deal
Lol wagies got epically butthurt and committed suicide in droves. The New Deal did absolutely jack shit for the depression. The only thing that turned the economy around was WW2.
>>
>>34316677
Underrated dubs

>>
>>34321572
except the economy reached pre-depression levels before hitler invaded poland, so unless the nukes used tachyon particles to affect the past your assertion is baseless
>>
>>34321679
Nope, the country was still in a huge recession until FDR got the judtification he needed to join in WW2. Because the men were iff to war, factories massively hjred women to make military equipment. This required more workers to build the infrastructure to make the supplies. Thus, more women was hired, and the money kept rolling in. This stabilized the economy and got the US out of the depression for good.
>>
So, robots. What do I do? Should I lie on my resume to get a job or be honest and say I have no experience whatsoever?

I have been trying to apply for entry level jobs and get nothing
>>
>>34322828
You lie and hope they don't ask for references I cut like almost 2 whole months of my last year of high school and ended with like a 2.5 gpa or something so I just put on my resume that I had a 3.5. . Or make up a name and it'll actually be one of your family members they're calling.
>>
>>34321982
nope, look at the economic gains made between 1932-1936, the fact that the economy was expanding means that there was no recession

http://www.economics-charts.com/gdp/gdp-1929-2004.html

the trough was at ~1932 and the new deal was 1933

the economic gains during 1933-1936 prove that the new deal was working and had halted the recession
>>
>>34314672
Just searched for some jobs on Craigslist and I can confirm that the entry level jobs there don't require experience.
>>
>>34316225

i cannot believe im reading this
>>
>>34316176
reaganomics.png
>>
>>34323896
his premise is flawed, what he should have said is high end restaurants don't have entry level jobs, their lowest level positions require such professional decor as to preclude trainees

it's not fair of course, but life isn't and if you didn't kill your whole family for the insurance money you're a sucker

or like, not a sociopath, but that's just capitalism.txt
>>
look you liberal faggots if everybody got straight As on their doctorates and worked the hardest they could, everybody would be CEO and would make millions of dollars if they had to be let go

you just dont understand the market
>>
>>34324519
CEOs have doctorates right, the highest degree wouldn't lead to lower level jobs, I mean that doesn't even make sense on its face
Thread posts: 159
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.