[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I deal with an existential crisis?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 7

File: 1484909918265-r9k.png (460KB, 1008x720px) Image search: [Google]
1484909918265-r9k.png
460KB, 1008x720px
How do I deal with an existential crisis?
>>
>>34305385
what exactly is triggering it in you
>>
File: mabRf.jpg (513KB, 2048x1366px) Image search: [Google]
mabRf.jpg
513KB, 2048x1366px
>>34305385
Like everyone before you
>>
I find that one or two benadryl can take care of most anxiety attacks.
>>
>>34305413
My daydream world feels more real than real life. I have no clue what to believe anymore. I have no clue what is right and what is wrong, or if it even matters.
>>
>>34305534
you're worried about what is right or wrong because you're scared of being wrong and would rather it not matter at all like in yoyr day dreams?
>>
File: med_1411413759_1396429589_image.jpg (70KB, 640x482px) Image search: [Google]
med_1411413759_1396429589_image.jpg
70KB, 640x482px
>>34305586
I'm worried of which world is real. I have no clue anymore. My body tells me Life is real, but my brain and senses heavily want to believe in my daydream world. I want to give in to my daydreams. I want to end myself and go there. I don't want to believe in Life anymore.
>>
>>34305630
Lain would have been a very different series if Lain was depressed
>>
>>34305630
why cant both world be real since you have experienced them both

you probably will end up there eventually though. is your day dream the same as your sleeping dream
>>
>>34305700
About half of my sleeping dreams have to do with my daydream.

I can't believe both. On one hand I feel the dream is real because I've experienced it, but on the other hand it feels like me and my body are making shit up.
>>
>>34305729
how can you make things up if you've never came in contact with them

can you describe a color you never seen before? maybe you're trying to remember something you forgot
>>
>>34305385
You read The Myth of Sisyphus.
>>
>>34305770
Thoroughly spooked
dekoops ylhguorohT
>>
File: aliendude.png (67KB, 283x288px) Image search: [Google]
aliendude.png
67KB, 283x288px
thanks OP I forgot I gotta go watch some more lain
>>
>>34305780
What is the tl;dr for this?
Robos recommend it all the time but it seems like fancy brainwashing
>>
>>34305815
It is the Answer to your Concerns. It tells you how to deal with the meaninglessness of life, and the absurdity of humanity's attempts at contriving meaning from (((it))).
>>
>>34305385
Mine just morphed into long-term depression. Tried some ways to get over it but nothing worked.
>>
previous thread, which explains a bit of what the daydream's about >>34157760
>>
How often do you daydream, OP? Do you just space out for a while?
>>
>>34306001
At least 5 hours a day, spread out over different parts - when bored, when walking, when listening to music, when programming, etc
>>
>>34306018
Hmm, that's interesting. When you have sleeping dreams are they lucid?
>>
>>34306018
Two other questions as well.

1. How long have you been experiencing your dream world, as in months/years?

2. Did you consciously create it or did it come to you in some other way?
>>
>>34306032
Usually they're not, but I had a lucid one this night.
>>
>>34306055
1. Multiple years now. I'm sure I've had a dream world for like 10 years now, but it's gotten more and more specific, and about 3 years ago it turned into this one.

2. It just appeared slowly, I feel. However, things that I see in real life do slightly influence it. (Not by much, but they do.)
>>
>>34306056
>>34306086
This is pretty interesting. There are ways you can make yourself more likely to lucid dream, to induce it regularly, if you wanted to do that.

So you perceive of the dream world as completely "real" or "existent" I take it?
>>
>>34306155
It feels as real to me as the real world, but on the other side it's still mostly in my head, so I'm not sure whether I should believe in it anymore. It's trying to prove to me that it's real, but it still feels slightly "made up", even though it saved my life many times.
>>
>>34305415
this is a terrible image

whoever made it read too much /lit/memes and lesswrong but didn't realize they weren't serious.

he understood hedonism but that's about it. all the other captions are really reductionist and patronizing, both to the reader of the graphic and to the works themselves

this guy had a very feeble grasp on philosophy
>>
>>34306208
Honestly I wish I had a mental world like this I could escape into. It sounds very nice. If it is not harming you in some meaningful way, I don't see what the problem is with retaining it. Our experience of reality is ultimately just a mental perception. We see and feel things the way we do because we've evolved to see and feel them that way. It doesn't necessarily reflect what is real (take for example our susceptibility to optical illusions). I have seen some interesting research that shows that people from different parts of the world perceive things in very different ways due to adaptation; e.g., what is an optical illusion to you may be completely clear to someone on the other side of the earth. But I'm getting off topic. Do you think that having your dream world is a net benefit?
>>
>>34305630
you're crazy man. the difference between reality and fantasy is that reality keeps going when you stop believeing in it. do some science man
>>
>>34306297
It tells me to die before 28 aug.
>>
>>34306463
Can you an hero in the daydream world and not in reality?
>>
>>34306494
The two are linked, in essence the "real" world is a part of the daydream world.
>>
>>34306507
So what if you tried to an hero in the daydream but not in the real world? Would nothing happen?
>>
>>34305385
eventually ull stop caring
>>
>>34306529
I only have one body. Aside, if it were possible, it'd not be safe to inititate salvation and move to Systemspace 2 - as half of my existence would be returned to aurora.
>>
>>34306617
Hmm. You should not kill yourself. If you did, and you saved your dream world, you would be dead and could not experience it anymore. So the outcome, with your dream world being gone, would be the same either way, except you would be gone as well. The only way you can access it is through your physical mind here, and with that gone, it's gone. Have you attempted to consciously exert control over the rules of the dream world to simply remove the problem?
>>
>>34306669
What implies that you can't access your dream world when dead? If this dream world is real, death in one System wouldn't matter at all, and a rescue mission would happen for me from Tsuki's side.
>>
>>34306686
Are you sure that would happen? It seems like quite a risk.
>>
>>34306786
If the daydream world is real, this is what would happen. This has been planned for years.
>>
>>34306846
This is very interesting to talk about, but when it ends up culminating in something like suicide, you need to realize that your dreams aren't real. Apparently you are aware of this to some degree. It is nice to have an escape, but that's all it can ever be. The real world is a shitty place, but it's the only one that's here.
>>
File: PH4QZUu.jpg (43KB, 625x507px) Image search: [Google]
PH4QZUu.jpg
43KB, 625x507px
babby's first Existential crisis
You'll come to a conclusion sooner or later that the world runs on feelings/emotions and everything is pointless, primarily due to the unavoidable heat death of the universe.
You want a gf to not feel lonely/ want to experience the emotion of love, you want to buy video games/hobby related shit because it feels nice. A lot of doctors save lives and that's their noble purpose in life, but it is only so because it brings them some sort of feeling - content with life for example. If tending a bar is what gives you joy then go all for it my dude.
The only thing that stopped me from killing myself in the last 5 years was my mother, but I'm 20 now and I'm trying to get into uni to major in microbiology and then get a master's/ PhD just so I can get my good feeling - working in labs doing stuff not done before. also I want good a pay to buy me endless video games and other things I might pick up

Read Myth of Sissyphus by Albert Camus
>>
>>34307953
>babby's first Existential crisis
>I'm 20

Lol. You have no idea what you don't know. Camus is good suggestion, though.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.