[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wagecuck Woes

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: 1478091064352.jpg (8KB, 219x249px) Image search: [Google]
1478091064352.jpg
8KB, 219x249px
Post stories about your meaningless, life draining job.
>Grocery store fag
>Work in produce with autist named Jeffrie
>He is an autist in every sense, he wears wrap around goggles, and screeches/makes loud noises for no reason
>Whatever, he is annoying but he isn't a bad person
>A customer asks me to help her find an item
>Go to check the backroom for it
>There stands Jeffrie, doing nothing
>Ask Jeffrie to help me find it
>"Sure"
>We find it, but it has to be priced
>I don't know how to do that, I'm just a stocker
>Jeffrie says he'll show me
>Tell him there is no point because I'm leaving in a few weeks anyway
>"It's a good skill to know nonetheless."
>There is no arguing with an autist, so fine
>A manager comes in
>He yells at me for doing nothing, I try and explain
>Jeffrie makes no attempt to explain either even as the manager sucks his dick and says "Jeffrie is over there doing his job and you're standing there dragging him down"
>Whatever
>Manager comes back later to tell me to get more serious about the job
>Try and tell him again
>"Well anon, to tell you the truth you just need to think more practically. Two people don't need to do the same job at the same time either way. Now I have another complaint. There are tons of rotten tomatoes out there, Jeffrie is cleaning them up now and he said he asked you to help. You're both a team."
>No he didn't
>"Well anon, I'm just telling you what he told me."
>Go out there ready to fuck Jeffrie up
>Jeffrie is hastily running towards me, "Well anon I'm gonna take off, the manager said my side of the department is good and I can go. I don't know about your side, ask him if you can go too."
>Tell Jeffrie he can't leave, we're both supposed to stay until the whole department is checked
>"My side is done anon, bye"
>Pissed
>Literally the next day
>Jeffrie asks me for help
>Say no, "That isn't on my side of the department sorry"
>Manager comes and pitches a fit, "You're a team!"
>Explain Jeffries bullshit
>Get fired
>>
I wish I could be fired. I'm too scared to quit, so there's no other way out.
>>
>>34301733
Just give them your two weeks and say you're going to pursue other opportunities. That is a respectful way to quit.

I have to admit I don't care that I was fired, I was a few weeks from quitting anyway and on top of that I was getting fed up with Jeffrie. I have a million stories about the fucker, but I think the one in OP summed him up.
>>
Gorcery store robot here myself. I'll be straight up honest with People: Do not work at a grocery store, ever. The pay is shit, everyone starts out as a part-time with little room to move up, hours can be scattered all over the place, management is inconsistent, and if you're lucky to be a full timer there's a good chance they might transfer you to another store that's like 20 miles away.

And also of note, yes my store does have autists working there, but they're mostly all CSA's
>>
dis ep*c
dis gonna be on r/4chan
>>
>>34301791
Yea one of my best friends worked at a grocery store and they said it was miserable
>>
>>34301848
Well I'm lucky that my boss is a pretty chill guy. Managers are nice to so that's a plus. Hell I even got made employee of the month back in August.

And yet I'm making $8.80 an hour working in the grocery department. It's not worth it at all, specially for this pay.
>>
Groceryfags all look miserable. I go shopping at publix a lot and the ones around my age always look like they want to die.
>>
>>34301848
It is, but only because of the people who are only interested in collecting a pay check for doing nothing. Don't get me wrong, I have full sympathy for minimum wage guys, they aren't getting paid enough to do half the shit that is asked for them.

But I worked in a grocery store as a teenager and I knew fuckers who made more than me and still tried to hawk their work onto me while they pretended to do shit. One guy in particular was only a year older than me and made like $2/hr more than me. He would literally sweep for an hour to kill time every day when everyone else did it in 5 minutes. Whenever I tried to subtly tell him to get his ass to work, he'd say "Can you do that for me? I'm busy here."
>>
>>34301628
wow so exciting
>>
I work at goodwill. Shit sucks
>niggers leave nasty ass shit outside overnight, since they know we can't and won't take it
>"Oh I'm just getting rid of some junk!!!!" Like anyone else wants it
>shitty coworkers who have been working for longer than you have that fuck around half the time and do nothing, yet get mad at you when you make a single mistake

This job has brought me to a point where I practically hate everyone
>>
>>34301791
What's a CSA
>>
>>34301791
This, especially DO NOT be a grocery store cashier. Almost all the hate will somehow get back to you. Costumers will treat you like literal dirt for things you have absolutely zero control over. You have the most interaction with the costumer out of anyone in the store, while you will also be responsible for knowing where every single thing in the store is even though they dont want you to leave your station. You're expected to have conversations with strangers about the same thing endless times a day. And on top of it they'll try to pull you to do random jobs sometimes thoughout the store you're not trained to do. Like they had me working in the floral department during holidays, hauling around a watertank getting my uniform soaked.
I could give a million other reasons to not work in a grocery store but I'd reach the text limit.
>>
>>34301901
When you've been working there for over a year, trust me you'll feel the same way.
>>
>>34301901
>Minimum wage
>Never ending customers doing shit that is outright lazy (take bags, then immediately leaving them on the shelf to be thrown away, taking something, then not putting it back where it was, throwing shit around to get the EXACT one they want then fucking off to leave the poor sod who works there to straighten it out)
>Everyone who makes minimum wage is basically in a never ending contest to see who can push their work off on to one another
>Everyone bitches behind each other's back, even if you think you're in good with someone they'll do it to you
>Managers who don't give a shit and just look at everyone as a labor force that needs to be kept in line
I wonder why they're so miserable
>>
>>34301976
Come on, it was a pleasant read. Being cynical about everything gets tiring.
>>
>be a sysadmin
>make 92k a year
>but I get paid by the hour for some reason
>entire the same hours every week all year
>once in a while stay over the weekend and make an extra couple of grand
>>
>>34302000
Customer Sales Associate. Mostly they do bagging, cart collecting and returning misplaced items to the right aisle.

They're primarily made up of autists, high school kids, and kids who either went to juvie or come from broken homes
>>
>>34302094
yo, what country is this?
>>
>>34302056
To add to this, management isn't always bad. There are good managers and bad ones. I personally loved the serious, no bullshit managers because I did my job and had nothing to fear. The "pretend to be your friend" types were the ones I always got into it with, meanwhile the people who never did shit were always their best friends.

If anyone here ever gets in the business just decide which worker you're gonna be and make friends with the right manager. The happy go lucky manager I worked with routinely fucked with me because I didn't want to be his friend, meanwhile the serious manager I worked with loved me like a son and even when he was busy as fuck he'd drop everything to come help me out if I asked.
>>
>>34301988
I worked in the backroom at Savers, which is the same idea, for a week. It was an endless flow of glorified trash that I had to pick through. People must dump their crap there solely so they can feel good about themselves for not sending the stuff to a landfill, where it really belongs.
I was 'hardlines' or something. I had to put disparate, assorted knick-knacks into a plastic bag and staple it. Felt like a total retard because I had to keep asking the hispanic lady working with me if I was grouping shit together well enough.
>>
>first time green texting
>work as pharmtech fag
>make barely over minimum wage and shit is so fucking frustrating that i wanna sneak 50mgs of warfarin into every norco fill
>today like 20 memorable shits happened
>best one is with 50yo black woman
>picking up fucking opiate, very obvious
>tell her that her insurance expired with the new year
>starts yelling at me at speed of light
>tell her that it's not gonna help and i just need the cards
>literally hands me 5 expired insurance cards
>"these are from 2008, 2012, and 2014. the other 2 don't have prescription coverage"
>lady literally trying her hardest to hold her spaghetti in, thankfully there is big glass barrier holding her back
>i've read somewhere that niggers have retard strength, maybe i shoulda still kept my distance
>comes back 4 hours later just so i can tell her that her doctor failed to write the prescription correctly
>retard with 12 years of medschool manages to write 1-20-16 and cucks the lady out of #240 10 norco xDDDD
>she literally looks like she's about to explode but manages to somehow hold it in

instead of keeping the script, i could have let her know right on the stop but lady held up my line for 10mins with her autism
>>
File: 1484738582549.jpg (67KB, 800x557px) Image search: [Google]
1484738582549.jpg
67KB, 800x557px
>factory slave
>do nightshifts only
>7 hour workdays
>put big metal pieces(1-25kg) in boxes
>do this for 4 hours
>relax the last hour(like now)
>7 weeks of set vacation
>8 days that i can chose(9 in a few months)
>4100euro before taxes a month
>2400euro after taxes a month
>>
>>34302321
these are suppose to be stories and shit not bragging about making $500 a month lmao
>>
>>34301628
Why do you spastics have such shit jobs?

I'm 30 and would feel ashamed if I worked in a grocery store McJob.

Fuck me. And you got outsmarted by am actual autist.

Have fun living life as a spastic frog
>>
>>34301791
Hurrrrr really? Working as a spastic grocery store guy is bad? You mean it's not as cool as that film Repo Man makes it seem? Oh wait. They are both losers in that film.

Jesus Christ no shit this is a job for spastic robots.

Works out though. You can use it in your wagie memes. "I hate my retard min wage job therefore everyone with a job is a depressed wagie"

Yeaaa good one frogs. Carry on being spasmos
>>
File: 10297741.png (85KB, 500x522px) Image search: [Google]
10297741.png
85KB, 500x522px
>Get laid off from well paying warehousing job
>Cousin is a store manager for Family Dollar
>Get him to hook me up with something until I found a better job
>Five years later I'm still there, receiving the retail dick for $10.50/hour

At some point my life bottomed out, and I'm pretty sure it was my first day at this job. I'll probably suicide in the next year or so.
>>
>>34302242
Yep same here. We get "hardlines" and "textiles." Luckily I wear gloves, but before I started wearing them, I accidentally held a dog-shit mat. Almost killed myself at that moment desu
>>
File: 1477792427803.jpg (52KB, 548x387px) Image search: [Google]
1477792427803.jpg
52KB, 548x387px
>First real job
>I get along with all my coworkers
>Boss is a tall brunette who looks quite good for her age, extremely good at managing people but will make you feel like the smallest piece of shit with a look if you fuck up/she's angry
>some coworkers click with her
>She's literally the only one I don't click with
>Comes up to me Friday morning and tells me she's in a shit mood
>I mumble something and stay the fuck out of her way
>midday and she's joking with me, something she rarely does
>near the end of the day I fuck up on something and I can tell she's pissed again, she tells me to have a good weekend on the way out but I still feel like warmed death
>>
File: a-black-pixel.png (73KB, 219x249px) Image search: [Google]
a-black-pixel.png
73KB, 219x249px
I've been a NEET for the 3.5 years since I graduated from high school. In the past few months, I've finally started reading a collection of history books and discussing them on various sites. It's been pretty rewarding actually, but now mummy says I have to get a job. I wish I had started earlier, or I wish she would have given me another year to continue this project. Life finally felt like it was worth it, and I wish I could have rode that wave for just a little longer.

Anyway, I report to the call center on Monday boys. I'll have some stories to share soon.
>>
File: rand-paul.jpg (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
rand-paul.jpg
24KB, 400x400px
>>34301976
better than most threads these days
>>
>tfw I used to be one of those autists who worked at a grocery store
I hated it so much.
>>
>>34302934
You can tell do things while working, at least while single/living at home.
>>
File: 1483801050398.png (42KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
1483801050398.png
42KB, 350x350px
I feel sorry for the grocery store wagie that had to clean my mess. I got dizzy from dirty star cucks and went into the nearest Safeway to puke. Man's toilet was locked so I went into the women's and puked all over the sink. It would not wash down.
>>
File: sheldon.jpg (81KB, 370x370px) Image search: [Google]
sheldon.jpg
81KB, 370x370px
I always avoid the autist cashier when I go grocery shopping
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.