[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

High Intelligence/ Wasted Life

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: Penguins.jpg (760KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Penguins.jpg
760KB, 1024x768px
>Almost don't have enough credits to graduate because I'm a complete lazy fucker about everything I do.
>Literally getting drunk by myself rn on Friday
>Just found out I'm gifted 130+
>Still too emotionally imbalanced to ever achieve anything meaningful

What the fuck should I do with my life?
>>
>>34299888
get some help, also how did you find out about your 130+?
checked em
>>
iq isn't as important as you think
as a matter of fact, low iq people will make you think like you owe it to them to save the world or something with all your superbrains
i think you should devote yourself to masturbation and liquor instead, cause fuck em
>>
>>34299888
Oh shit, dubs then trips, I accidentally won the lottery.

Well apparently my parents always knew but it wasn't until I approached my school psychology professor about it. He's administered tests for like 20+ years but also likes me so there is slight favoritism motivation. Anyway he gave me a WAS-IV IQ test and I got like 3 questions wrong or something and honestly he asked me how I thought I did and I said average and he said "well you only got three wrong" implying I did better. Then he said "while I'm not officially licensed to administer this test anymore (He retired into teaching college) anyone with a score like that I would put around from 125 to 130 and since I could tell you weren't taking this seriously as a test I'd say 130 or more if you were trying" and then I asked my parents, because they were the reason I asked my Prof about it. They said when I was a kid I hit the "ceiling" on my 1st grade IQ test because I was tested due to my raging ADHD which is it's own story. But yeah apparently even as a kid my parents said the tester said I was "gifted" but seeing as I was enrolled in private shcool and we had no "gifted" program, my parents saw no benifit in telling me, said it would give me a "stick in my ass" and I think theyre right. Still it's like my final semester of senior year and NOW I gain the confidence? idk it all seems kinda fucked to me
>>
>>34299928
That feel when you drunkenly reply to your own post instead of the post you meant to click
>>
>>34299888
You owe it to yourself to use your intelligence to the best of your abilities. I'm in the same boat, except probably not as gifted lol, but take my word for it, the pain of working hard now will be infinitely less than the pain of regret you will have later if you waste your talents
>>
>>34300022
Trips then dubs to match my dubs then trips, well done sir.

hahaha well Id be well on my way in that case
>>
>>34300114
i understood it anyways, just don't have anymore advice, except what >>34300168
said definitely applies, motivation is mostly about developing positive habits and stopping to forgive yourself for your own laziness
>>
>>34300168
Idk, life is life, I've never seen myself as a "meaningless grinder" I know I'm making up terms here but I think you get what I mean, in a strange way I've always hoped to die young and privileged, admittedly it's a selfish desire when I think of what it'd be like if I didn't at least out live my parents though :(
>>
>>34299888
If you're talking about graduating high school, then you haven't wasted anything. If you really are naturally gifted, you could become tremendously successful with the correct effort even if you've slacked up until this point. So don't count yourself out of a foot race you've barely even started, especially when all your opponents are paraplegics by comparison.
>>
>>34300252
Idk sometimes I can't tell if it's depression or if I'm just weak though, idk like I just, I give up on things easy. Like I'll go to class if everything is right but if something throws me off its like super anxiety provoking and not like I have OCD or something just like, idk man, but I've missed so many classes I've had to withdraw from two and that almost cost me my 4 year graduation and just to find out now that I have the ability, maybe I'm just drunk and wouldn't normally complain but I'm just butthurt about feeling like I wasted college whereas if I knew I had a large capacity to excel earlier, maybe I would have done so ya know? The one thing I've always been terrible with is run on sentences, just before anyone gives me shit.
>>
>>34300256
I understand completely. It's hard to imagine yourself in the working world as one of many, especially if you don't see yourself working a very dignified job, but even if your job isn't the most amazing thing, you can make your life something worth talking about. Use your intelligence to express yourself through art, find fulfilling hobbies and friends, and try your best to be a good person.
>>
>>34300288
College :|

But I have the money to go back later in life and I very much plan to.
>>
>>34300352
I want you to know that in the vastness and endless void of 4chan you did reach me whoever you are anon. I know it sounds silly to some but I never considered keeping my own, I guess, personal flavor? To a failed situation. Not to sound morbid but working the average 9-5 is my nightmare, I always figured I'd become a park ranger if everything fell through. I never considered idk, the whole closet genius persona and frankly I could really dig that. I could join the low achieving community and be a king, or I could just be a fuck up in the high achieving community.
>>
>>34300337
but how didn't you realize earlier that you were doing better than your mates with less effort?
well i gotta sleep its almost 4am here, wish you good luck though! I know what you are trying to describe but even if it is depression, you don't get out of it by just wallowing in it
>>
>>34300433
It's great that you're thinking positively, but you don't have to be doing damage control or fall back plans. You're young, smart, and apparently relatively wealthy. You're life is still a 100% open door, you just have to make the effort to stand up and walk through it.
>>
>>34300453
Idk I always knew that but I was never enough of an asshole to consider myself "gifted" it's suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuch a douche word. I always just figured I was a little more clever than average

Night Night
>>
>>34300521
Dawwww thanks, I guess I expected a less positive reception. How'd you know I was wealthy? You're not wrong, was it my idealism.
>>
>>34300662
Idk, you mentioned you wanted to die young and privileged, plus you said you had the money to go through college a second time if it didn't work out this time, so I just assumed
>>
>>34300737
Ohhhhhhhhhh forgot about that college thing I said. Anyways thank you man. My motivation to stay on this thread is waning, but if anyone else says something I'll probably still reply. Thanks you guys you make me feel like I'm not too old, idk I know it sounds silly but like, I just thought I'd be someone else other than who I am, and I'll slowly work at changing that, it's just to find out that I really could have been who I wanted to be i.e. some young super smart kid, idk I just wish I had fully embraced it and became it rather than being this ha;f chad half robot, if I had just gone full robot maybe I'd have published something by now.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.