[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what do we feel after we die? how the fuck am I alive? how the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 10

File: born-to-feel.png (28KB, 500x594px) Image search: [Google]
born-to-feel.png
28KB, 500x594px
what do we feel after we die?

how the fuck am I alive? how the fuck can I feel my hands at this moment typing this message?

life and death doesn't make any sense to me. Why was I born into this body? Why do I feel alive?
>>
I hope that when we die it's like going to sleep forever, and I get to live in my dreams for the rest of my life since I'm always happy in my dreams.
>>
>>34299238
it's seriously mind blowing to me the fact that YOU feel as alive as I do at the moment

non existence scares the shit out of me
>>
>>34299276
Death doesn't scare me, I just have curiosity for what comes afterwards.

What is your ideal reality after death?

Maybe the people that claim to have died and saw god where just people gazing into their ideal afterlife.
>>
>>34299189
Op someonne on /x/ said what youre experiencing is depersonalization.

I know that abstract feel
>>
File: 126426783.png (57KB, 600x434px) Image search: [Google]
126426783.png
57KB, 600x434px
>>34299344
unfortunately I believe that it will be exactly as before we were born

non existence, just nothingness, which is terrifying

at the same time even if I do exist in some other form, that form will definitely have NO relation to the form I am in right now, which is also terrifying by itself...

I just wish I was never born in the first place, like what the fuck happened and suddenly made me self aware in this body? why did it happen?
>>
>>34299453
I believe the meaning of life is the pursuit of happiness, people driven to accomplish what they desire.

That doesn't necessarily mean everyone's pursuit is for good, Hitler is a good example, what he did was wrong, but to him he accomplished what he wanted, and when he lost it, he took his life.

That's why people become depressed, they realise how dull and hard reality is, and they can't come to terms that they can't pursue what makes them happy, their life looses meaning.
>>
>>34299567
>Hitler
>What he did was wrong
Fuck off kike
>>
File: 1483924126130.jpg (37KB, 479x269px) Image search: [Google]
1483924126130.jpg
37KB, 479x269px
Death only scares me because I haven't done anything with this one life
>>
>>34300549
Edgy, I can at least find peace knowing that fuck boys like you won't be around when I die
>>
>>34300672
Why does it scare you for that reason in particular?
>>
>>34300705
Idk it's mostly a Western thing
>>
>>34300786
I'm from the UK, I've just come to accept death at this point, I can't do it myself but I wouldn't care if someone killed me
>>
You're thinking about it all wrong. The human anomaly isn't "where does feel come from?", because that implies the anomaly is passive, which it evidently isn't because it caused you to make this post. The anomaly is "what is Agent?", the implacable ghost that the human body measures behind all the actions that we label as "conscious".

You know only one Agent and know that you can know no others, but there isn't really any reason why the Agent one human sees can't be the one seen by every other human. You may say that it can't be so because you do not know other humans, but that's the key mistake. People think they know what Agent is just because they can see a part of it, and they assume it is nowhere but where they can see it.
>>
itt: 19 year old pseudo-intellectuals that just discovered philosophy
>>
>>34301001
I'm not a pseudo intellectual at all, I know I'm not very smart, I just like talking about shit like this, got a problem? Leave
>>
>>34301001
Everytime somebody posts this without fail, why is every philosophy thread considered 'babby's first thread'?

OP, if you want to know the meaning of life you just have to surrender everything you are to the nothingness, which is to die without physically dying. That's where the truth is.
>>
File: Balaclava boy.jpg (33KB, 419x419px) Image search: [Google]
Balaclava boy.jpg
33KB, 419x419px
>>34299189
>Existential "why" questions
You are many tiny creatures working together to stay alive longer, and you'll never know why.
>>
>>34299189
Trying to imagine what your consciousness ending feels like is more or less impossible.
>>
>>34299189
hmmm, probably some pretty intense math to answer the third question. you can probably answer the last two with the anthropic principle, which takes some humility to accept

you are a disconnected organism, typing from a series of link nodes circling around each orbit of your consciousness
best i can do

well after we die, our capacity to feel dies as well,
>>
File: 1458704450603.gif (497KB, 312x205px) Image search: [Google]
1458704450603.gif
497KB, 312x205px
>>34301060
>which is to die without physically dying
go on....
>>
File: tfw.jpg (164KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.jpg
164KB, 653x490px
>>34301887
>after we die, our capacity to feel dies as well

No. Feels are eternal.
>>
>>34302003
after a house made out of bricks falls down, it can no longer fall down
>>
>>34302034
man is not a house
>>
>>34302066
i have a mental habit of transforming the human body into just a series of physical dots, like atoms or molecules i guess

surely animals are equivalent to robots, each movement of each dot is predictable if one knows the movements of the surrounding dots at the moment preceding the collision

humans are essentially the same as animals, i.e. material

what we experience as choice is just a feeling, perhaps an influx of chemicals or stimulation of certain brain areas idk, but an illusion nonetheless
>>
>>34302130
I can't help but believe in free will
>>
inb4 reddit and meemy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szzVlQ653as
>>
>>34302150
i do too, not mutually exclusive
>>
>>34299276
>non existence scares the shit out of me
I had a fucking breakdown in the middle of Hidden Figures (shit movie btw) for this exact reason. I was crying like a little bitch.

I mean it didn't help that my mom sent me this really shitty text before the movie started and I was kinda fucked by that too.
>>
>>34302150
but why do i feel so MONSTROUS

i feel like a zombie inhabiting a machine whose logic is just so zealous and uncompromising that he will not hesitate to rip off the very walls covering the brutal fleshly savagery that is nature
>>
>>34302150
exposing the naked lust that is free will, in the massive organic machinery, this fleshly tube which we have no choice but to spend all of our days inside
>>
>>34302150
You don't even know what you mean when you use the term "free will".
>>
File: 1481930528713.png (41KB, 1280x1483px) Image search: [Google]
1481930528713.png
41KB, 1280x1483px
I still don't understand how someone can send voice and message instantly. It's fucking magic I don't believe it
>>
>>34301343

Some people think we just sleep forever but even that is hard to imagine. I think that's the most likely outcome too when you factor our the possibility of the soul.
>>
>>34302268
You'll rip off layers and layers until you exhaust yourself, you're a 3D shit.
>>
>>34302356
Well your brain dies, but as it decays or gets deprived of oxygen it's possible you feel like your dream is lasting forever because your brain releases chemicals it otherwise doesn't while you sleep normally.
>>
File: 1304877254444.png (216KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1304877254444.png
216KB, 500x500px
>>3429918>>34299189
You don't feel anything after you die fuckbrain. What did you feel before you were conceived
>>
If it actually mattered to you, then you would figure out that your view of the world was flawed. But it doesn't matter to you, and this thread is just pure mental masturbation for you. You're a poser.
>>
>>34299189
Depending on our behavior in this life we go to one of 6 "worlds" (blue, green, red, purple, white, black) and live out our next lives learning, carrying out tasks, living in 4D like we do in the 3D
>>
>>34302353
It is actually the same magic that produces life, experience, and consciousness. The human brain, and all brains, are computers with millions of electrical signals firing back and forth.
>>
>>34299189
I haven't read this thread but I am confident that death feels exactly the same as it felt before your were born
>>
>>34302398
This post just gave me a cold sweat. Fucking shit.
I don't want to die ;_;
>>
>>34303934
You will, but you have your whole life to come to terms with it. It is ... relatively long, if you are always suffering. And no having kids will not extend it. You'll just watch your code fuck up in unimaginable ways.

Please relax. For your own sake. It's not like you asked for this. Your gripe is with God.
>>
>>34299189
No one knows but most probably nothing
>>
>>34299189

OP you can count yourself somewhat lucky to have experienced the true absurdity of existence.

There are people who study philosophy their entire lives and understand all sorts of different ideas about what existence truly is. Many of these same people will never have that epiphany, that true moment if understanding where you can't help but laugh timidly and say "what the fuck".

I know it's hard to put into words, but I can tell that we've experienced the same thing. Be grateful that you are able and willing to think so deeply about life; use the experience to better yourself or others.

Best of luck friend.
>>
File: 1479789336710.png (217KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
1479789336710.png
217KB, 460x215px
>>34304501

The pic is unrelated and the reply is unnecessary. I just really want OP to notice and read this.
>>
>>34302205
I can't fucking stand thinking about what comes after death. I start having a panic attack, thinking about "not existing", thinking about the nothingness that death brings. It already freaks me out that I can't comprehend non existence before birth, but at least in forward moving time, that infinite darkness brings life, which brings me relief.

I don't know how you edgelords do it. I don't try to think about death, non existence is the only thing that I truly fear.
>>
>what do we feel after we die?

Poor question. There is no "after" death, so it follows that you won't feel anything after you die. Death means the end of a life, so you cannot possibly feel anything when it happens.

>Why was I born into this body? Why do I feel alive?

Because the converse cannot be true. You can't not be alive. You need to be alive. There is no getting around this. You are going to be alive, in some form or another, for literally eternity.

Think about before the Big Bang (or whatever origin theory you believe in). It didn't matter one bit because you weren't alive.

Now think about before you were born. It didn't matter one bit because you weren't alive. Just didn't matter. Who cares? You didn't care. I didn't care. Cosmic chaos. Wars. Bloodshed. The birth and death of billions of stars. Who cares? You didn't.

Now imagine that that continued forever - an endless stretch of you not caring about anything. Things going on without you perceiving them.

Think about that long and hard enough and you will come to realize that it's impossible. The reason why you instantly "wake up" and are born is inextricably tied to the reason why you don't need to care one smidgen about the events that precede your birth, and by extension the events that come after your death. Death is nothing, not nothingness. It isn't something you will ever need to worry about.

You're in good hands, trust me - trust yourself. The universe isn't out to get you. This isn't some sort of hell you've been randomly dropped into. You're buying into the game too much, my friend. You're taking yourself too seriously.
>>
>>34304704
Fuckin' A. Also since thst breakdown I've been a lot more aware of when I make suicide jokes, and I gotta say I never noticed that that was such a big part of how I talk to people.
>>
>>34304501
Not OP but I had a moment where I truly came to terms with the complete absurdity of living.

I took some education classes in college and one of the requirements was that you observe for 20 hours in a real school. You just sat there in the back and took notes.

So I'm sitting in the back of a class taught by a 300lb guy with a handlebar moustache and he's talking about mitosis or something and just all of a sudden switches gears entirely to how he wants the school to form a competitive meat judging team. This had nothing to do with his lecture. He just started going on and on about how the school needed a competitive meat team where they went to national competitions and graded and inspected raw meat and were then judged by a table of judges on how well they had evaluated the meat.

While he's doing this (to a classroom of 20 16 year old girls), I look out the window slit on the door to the hallway and see a shadowy figure running down the hall towards the door. The dude is still talking about meat judging. The figure gets closer.

Then suddenly there's a loud SMACK as the figure, which was evidently some kid with downs syndrome, completely runs into the door and just smashes his face against the glass. He then proceeds to slump down, slowly, pressing his face against the window the whole time. He slowly drops out of sight.

Nobody misses a beat. Meat guy keeps talking about meat and the classroom is completely uninterested in either that or the down's syndrome kid who has just flung his entire body against the door.

The bell rings and everybody gets up quietly and leaves.

I remember distinctly thinking at that moment, "holy shit, none of this is real, this can't be real, how is this real? This cannot be real life"

This led me to a profound contemplation of my own existence, which also made no sense. It was as if I had constructed some idea of a sobering reality in my head which was completely incongruous with the nature of life as we live it.
>>
>>34302196
I believe in the real sense, closer to the forefront than abstract metaphysics.

>>34302268
you just feel bad, everything below that is a baroque rationalization, poetry for that feeling of unhappiness. you could be happy. all that pain would be cleared away like ctrl+a backspace, I swear

>>34302854
physicalist pls go
>>
>>34305214
dude I love this post. I personally don't agree but I love your style man. refreshing in a sea of lesswrong materialism
>>
My only opinion is that it's really fucking boring if there is nothing beyond death and just emptiness forever. Really i'm going to be really disapointed if there is just nothing so fucking boring to just disappear.
>>
>>34306630
no one there to be disappointed...

we don't really know enough to talk about these things though, do we?
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.