[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Societal expectations of men and women

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

How can women complain about societal expectations, when there are practically none that apply to them? The patriarchy favors women in pretty much all aspects of life, it's all about protecting women. It's pissing me off how WE are the ones that are accused of unfair privileges, when we obviously carry the biggest burden.

Men should
>be in great physical shape (workout required to build muscle)
>have a (well paying) job, finacial stability
>be confident, never show weakness
>be tall
>have a large dick
>preferably have dark hair
>have a large social circle, to prove that other people like him as well

Women should
>not be fat (no workout required, just don't eat candy instead of food)
>supress anger
>wear make-up

See the difference? Men have to work for YEARS to even be considered human. Women can just get out of bed and decide to be well-liked, provided they aren't gluttonous eating machines.
>>
You are right my nigga. Unfortunately I can't continue this discussion because I have to wage cuck. Ill check this thread on key break.
>>
it's all a matter of the perspective of the parties involved. you'd be surprised how diverse people are, and what different sorts of expectations they have, what they're willing/unwilling to tolerate, etc. don't listen to the media or persona people project in small talk and over social media. don't concern yourself with what it SEEMS that people want, but open your eyes and see what people actually do. i've seen/known many classically disgusting/poor dudes who form great relationships with (usually) sorta ugly girls. how high are YOUR standards?
>>
The problem is that women don't realize that careers consist of hard, soul-crushing work. Women want high-end jobs, because they see it as some kind of prestigious gift that is simply "given" to men, when in reality, it's something we do out of necessity against our will. It's just another accessory to them. Men without careers are considered worthless, women without careers are considered normal and are not frowned upon whatsoever. They will never understand that kind of pressure.

I would love to switch gender roles. Don't have to work a single day to get acknowledged? Can expect my partner to provide for me, without being condemned for it? Trade in my high risk of dying (either on the job or by being murdered), for a much smaller chance of being raped?

Yes please, sign me up!
>>
>>34297177
also what people fail to mention is what not having a career does to men.
it tanks our confidence to the point where we don't even want to meet people because the first thing they ask is "what do you do for a living?".

if someone asks a woman what she does for a living she just has to say anything but stripper and sex worker and she's in the clear.

if a man isn't in a trade or in business, he's seen as a poor loser and if he isn't seen that way, he's feeling that way and nothing externally can happen to make him feel different, because there's no one there to accept and validate him.
>>
>>34296741
>not be fat
What did he mean by this? Women have a far greater bodyfat percentage than men.
>>
>>34297329
I'm a NEET and I regularly lie about my employment, though.
>>
Additionally, it's impossible for all men to have great careers. Most men are going to have shit careers, and will be relatively bad providers compared to others. Men are dependent on their own country's infrastructure to have a chance at life.

In contrast, all women have a shot at living up to beauty expectations. Any woman (without obscure diseases) can be fairly skinny. Any woman can buy makeup.

For women it's a matter of willpower, while for men it's a matter of securing parts of finite resources for themselves. It's a loser's game.
>>
>>34296741
Women should
>suppress anger

AHAHAHAHA, you think that's easy my dude? DO YOU THINK THAT'S ALL THERE IS TO IT?

Women are expected to:
>LOVE BABIES, I'M TALKING "AWWW SO CUUUUUUTE!!! I'LL BABYSIT HIM ANYTIME AUNTIE" KIND OF LOVE HERE.
>AGREE WITH OTHER GIRLS ON EVERYTHING
>BE STUPID OR AT LEAST FAKE IT
>SUPPRESS ANGER EVEN IF PEOPLE ARE BEING FUCKING RETARDED BECAUSE REMEMBER, YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE STUPID UNLESS YOU WON'T GET MARRIED WITH BY CHAD.
>HAVE A JOB
>COME HOME FROM JOB AND STILL COOK AND CLEAN
>TAKE CARE OF KIDS

I mean, I don't know what country or world you come from, but over here in Europe land, the only real women are the women who work, have kids and raise them with only THE BEST, cook healthy meals etc. That is, if you care about being liked by other women and people.

Also, forget about doing things you like if you want to have friends or socialize at all, nuh-huh, you're going to that fucking zumba/barre/yoga class AND YOU'RE GOING TO ENJOY IT, SAY YOU LOVED IT AND LIE ABOUT HOW TOTALLY REJUVENATED AND IN TOUCH WITH YOURSELF YOU NOW FEEL AFTER YOU LITERALLY ONLY STRETCHED IN THE SAME POSITION FOR 10 MINUTES REALLY.

This shit ain't easy, you think going fist to fist with a dude is bad? Imagine how bad girls have it, having to fight fucking feudal conspiracy COLD WARS OF SUSPICION AND MINDGAMES against one another.

I want to kill myself and I wish I had been born male because females are fucking out of their mind and you are too OP for even daring to argue that females have it easy. THESE BITCHES ARE CRAZY, AND YOU GUYS DON'T HELP.

THEY ARE CRAZY ENOUGH TO GUILT TRIP YOU INTO SAYING HOW TOTALLY BAD A SONG YOU LIKE IT IS JUST BECAUSE IT'S TOTALLY ANTI-WOMEN. AND FORCE YOU TO SAY YOU'RE A FEMINIST EVEN THOUGH YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT IT.
>>
>>34297603
You can always become a man, not that it'll fix the fact you have a woman's mind.
Estrogen doesn't always produce the best results for men, but Testosterone is a hell of a chemical and you WILL pass as a man.
>>
File: 1475638382116.png (297KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1475638382116.png
297KB, 1000x1000px
>>34297496
>any woman can buy makeup
That is equivalent to saying that any woman can dish out 500+ US dollars per month no problem.

Plus, you are already countering your own argument. How is a woman without a proper provider suppose to purchase the correct products for her skin and the right shades for her? Did you know how hard it can be to find foundation that matches your skintone and how expensive it can be to buy all this shit considering how quickly it runs out?

My dude.

Even if beauty was women's main social expectation, it still would be really unfair to say that it is within the reach of all women. In fact, it's not unfair, it's fucking bullshit and untrue. Any absolutist statement that isn't mathematically proven is bound to be a load of shit. And this case is no different.
>>
>>34297644
I don't have gender dysphoria, taking testosterone and "becoming a man" without having a disorder will make me suicidal. Also, I'm not a prison gay robot edgelord so I have no desire to become the little girl/the little boy in this case.

That being said, thanks for your awful advice, good on you for thinking estrogen is worst when testosterone is literally the hormone of being dumb/chimping out like a fucking madman at any given chance.
>>
>>34297603
>women are so dumb they can't think for themselves
Wow. You just proved how inhuman women are. Thanks you dumb slut. Maybe you should take that shit advice you dish out to all your beta orbiters to heart: just bee yourself you cunt.
>>
>>34297783
Ahahaha, you said a load of shit that doesn't even reply to what I said ahaha, you're smart, good job. Is this a new bot that says random stacy ree sentences?
>>
>>34297823
>entire post was talking about how you couldn't be yourself and had to conform to women's hive mind
>anon tells you to be yourself
Holy shit women are dumb.
>>
>>34297729
>>34297823
I'm afraid you've lost your composure. Please calm down and attempt to rationally re-read the posts in this thread, although I am worried that may be beyond you.
>>
>>34297855
Fair enough, the reality is that I don't fit in with women because I am indeed myself, so I don't know what to tell you, nothing about that sentence was relatable enough for it to make sense in my mind you see. My dad tells me to be myself and that people will love me for who I am though, and he's not stacy, what does this mean lads? Is my dad stacy?
>>
>>34297901
Maybe you should browse this board more...or just go back to where you came from. You're probably some tumblrina who comes here to screencap posts and say: "this is Trump's America".
>>
>>34297603
women only really have it super easy when it comes to relationships and sex but that is a big only.

tbf, all of what you said applies to fellas too, apart from the baby stuff but as fellas we cant speak to kids with out people worrying about us being pedos. guys have to suppress anger too or they look like idiots. guys are expected to equally look after the kids, and cook/clean.

dont know where you're getting the part from where you have to act stupid. most people here are the opposite.

>Also, forget about doing things you like if you want to have friends or socialize at all, nuh-huh, you're going to that fucking zumba/barre/yoga class AND YOU'RE GOING TO ENJOY IT, SAY YOU LOVED IT AND LIE ABOUT HOW TOTALLY REJUVENATED AND IN TOUCH WITH YOURSELF YOU NOW FEEL AFTER YOU LITERALLY ONLY STRETCHED IN THE SAME POSITION FOR 10 MINUTES REALLY.

all guys do is going clubbing or the pub here.

>
This shit ain't easy, you think going fist to fist with a dude is bad? Imagine how bad girls have it, having to fight fucking feudal conspiracy COLD WARS OF SUSPICION AND MINDGAMES against one another.

guys have to act tough while at the same time not acting so tough as to offend anyone

both males and females have problems
>>
>>34297603
Most of your examples apply to both genders, the rest is just weird shit.

>LOVE BABIES

Do you live in a nursery? How is this even a problem. No one is ever going to find out about your weird hatred for babies unless you talk about it like a nutcase.

>AGREE WITH OTHER GIRLS ON EVERYTHING

No, that is not expected of you

>BE STUPID OR AT LEAST FAKE IT

No one has ever been expected to be stupid for acknowledgement. Do you mean "submissive" or "passive"? That would be more of a restriction than an expectation, and is defined by doing absolutely nothing.

>SUPPRESS ANGER EVEN IF PEOPLE ARE BEING FUCKING RETARDED

Everyone is supposed to supress anger to a certain degree. I already acknowledged how this is even more relevant for women, so no objections here.

>HAVE A JOB
>COME HOME FROM JOB AND STILL COOK AND CLEAN

Yeah, men do those things as well. Except we can't just pick any job and still expect acceptance, like a woman can. Men aren't going to ignore you for being a cleaning lady, while women will ignore a male janitor like the plague.

>TAKE CARE OF KIDS

Not unless you have kids. In which case I don't feel sorry for you, because I will never have children myself even though I would like to.
>>
>>34297695
>500+ US dollars per month
>for makeup

Go fuck yourself. No one is telling you to buy glitter, foundation and fake eyelashes. Buy some mascara and you're done.

>Even if beauty was women's main social expectation, it still would be really unfair to say that it is within the reach of all women. In fact, it's not unfair, it's fucking bullshit and untrue.

How hard is it to not be fat? Brush your fucking hair and don't eat chocolate bars for dinner.

It goes without saying, but I'm not talking about women with birth defects or weird diseases here. I'm talking about normal, fat, lazy bitches.
>>
File: 1-4.jpg (155KB, 815x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1-4.jpg
155KB, 815x1023px
>>34297496
>Any woman can buy makeup
That doesn't mean every woman can DO makeup.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.