[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Notes from the Underground

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

I know some of you must enjoy a bit of literature. If so, you should seriously give this book a try. It encapsulates what it means to be a robot. I found myself relating several times with the narrator. Seriously one of my favourite books of all time.
>>
You first read this at the age of 15, and you're 25 now. How has it influenced your development?
>>
>>34294827
I had to read that last semester for a class. It's a though-provoking read but honestly comes off pseudo-intelectual reeeeee-ing. Also, the main character is such an asshole that whenever you start to feel bad for the guy, he does something to make you go nevermind.
>>
>>34294827
This is literally /r9k/ the book.

I think at one stage the narrator literally is REEEing at normies in his rant. Oh man I gotta read that book again
>>
>>34294902
That's the point, and it's also the point of Catcher in the Rye and every great novel. Do you want a flawless protagonist? Are you flawless? I know that if I observed my life from an external perspective I'd probably feel sympathy for my loneliness, anger and inability to succeed but I would often be repulsed by how fucking retarded I am quite regularly. It's the beauty of being a human being, and to illustrate an extreme character in a novel who is our own internal torment expressed in an externalized being is a great achievement. Elliot Rodger achieved the same thing but he didn't realize it.
>>
>>34294827
he's not a robot
he gets laid
>>
>>34295051
By a hooker, something everyone here could do.
>>
>>34295134
as soon as someone here sleeps with a hooker they stop being a robot
>>
why is it good other than robot feels
>>
If you related to the character, you didn't read it right and are a pleb.
>>
>>34294827
doesn't ol' fyodo have some preamble to the book like
"wew lad, so glad losers like this guy ain't real yet.........."
>>
>>34295632
No, it's more like, maybe losers like this guy weren't real a couple decades ago but they're becoming inevitable right now.
>>
wasnt a robot, just a drunken retard
>>
>>34294827
Notes From Underground is actually a critique of the themes present in the book. It criticizes nihilism and egoism. It does have a robot vibe to it though.

I've always thought of Kafka as a robot. In basically all his stories the protagonist is alienated and foreign in some way. Guilt is central topic in his work. Metamorphosis is a quick read and in a lot of ways it mirrors the situation many neets face today.
>>
Fyodor was married and still fucked all round him.
He was not a hopeless, pathetic loser, rather he wrote stories about them to amuse other successful people.
>>
>>34295134
it was normal to lose your virginity to a hooker back in the 19th century. even napoleon apparently lost it to one.

>>34294827
read most of doestoeveskys major works. i doubt this is a robot book. i imagine fyodor would find robots to be bitter, and he perceive the likes of r9k to be a hub box to escape from ones insecurities. i wouldent consider myself a "normie" and even i find most people here to be really fucking deluded.
>>
>tfw no bf to tyrannise over me
>>
ive tried hard to get into this book, several times. i always put it down after about 50 pages, out of boredom. just the way its written i guess. very long winded
>>
>>34295925
The first part is purely philosophical desu. The second part is a very nice and easy read. I did love the first part as well
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.