[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /creative/ here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 24

Any of you fags into art, engineering, invention, music production, that sort of thing?
>>
>>34288641
I'm into writing novels. It calms my autism down and leaves me realtively normal to face the world. I recently took up drawing as well and it's pretty great. I painted a genger recently.
>>
not as much creating but i play the guitar and am joining a cover-band next month, really hyped about it, hoping for dem groupies
>>
>>34288673
>>34288708
That's cool. Always envied anyone with this sort of ability. You have anything you feel comfortable sharing?
>>
>>34288641
Does doing MMD animation count?
>>
i'm learning to draw after I stopped for some retarded reason four years ago

I'm going to grind like at least two hours per day every day

it's actually pretty fun, I don't know why I stopped
>>
>>34288933
Heck yeah i love MMD.
Animating is difficult and i wish i had your patience
>>
>>34288641
I want to make films but it's difficult to find the time to write/plan/shoot/edit the damn things

I have a script that I'm desperate to shoot as soon as I find some time available. It's only one page, really more of a sketch, but I got it all planned out and if I could find 3 hours to get a cast together I wouldn't have much trouble at all.
>>
File: 023.jpg (241KB, 696x502px) Image search: [Google]
023.jpg
241KB, 696x502px
Drawing and graphic art.

Not good enough to do it "seriously", it's for fun, or live off of it but I've had ca 20 commissions in total (most of them being tattoo designs or metal demo covers).

This is some of the base material for a concept I'm working on, tesseract + tentacles, that'll become a logo for a diving team.
>>
File: 01.jpg (316KB, 1086x1920px) Image search: [Google]
01.jpg
316KB, 1086x1920px
>>34288641
I draw and have recently taken up watercolor panting. I also drew and designed most of the tattoos I have.

I keep wanting to make a graphic novel or a webcomic but I always gas out after like 10 pages. It's an issue.
>>
>>34288880
not yet, never really recorded myself, but once we start practicing i will post some stuff here, i'm not really good though, i only started playing about half a year ago
>>
i'm working on a comic right now for a contest. I've always wanted to write a comic and it gives me the perfect excuse to write something without my mother saying, "What the fuck is wrong with you???" I hope I win, even one of the lesser prizes. I have a message to send, my comic is a confession of sorts...
>>
File: IMG_20161212_082237.jpg (574KB, 1456x1770px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161212_082237.jpg
574KB, 1456x1770px
>>34288641
I like to draw cartoons, and comics are one of my favorite things. I want to get a webcomic started, but I'm not financially stable enough to pay for a website yet.

Pic related, one of my drawings.
>>
>>34289960
That is fucking awesome dude.
I wish I could read it, I love comics.
>>
>>34288641
I play the guitar and the drums. I play in a band but the other band members are not very creative so i write most of the stuff we play myself. We are recently making a song about Nyarlathotep.

I tried to write Lovecraftian stories in the past but they were mediocre at best. I am thinking about getting into drawing. How many hours would i have to practice each day?
>>
I enjoy writing, but I don't have the self discipline to actually do much of it.
>>
I'm a making a r9k mixtape,I just need some ideas on what topics to cover, and album art.

1.???
2.Chad Thundercock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WL1VYPGtbmc [Embed]
3.???
4.???
5.???
6.Life is NEET
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0krhCNCx9w [Embed]
7.???
8.???
9.???
10.???
>>
File: happythanksgivingr9k.png (191KB, 1648x1144px) Image search: [Google]
happythanksgivingr9k.png
191KB, 1648x1144px
>into pyrography, for fun/gifts
>pressed flowers, framed some for my bathroom
>have a sketchpad for fun
>like to paint sometimes

no big talents but I like to make stuff
I drew this last Thanksgiving for instance
>>
>>34290169
For drawing? It depends on what kind of style you want to have, honestly.

You should look at and take in a bunch of other people's drawings and drawing styles and just keep practicing.

Another thing is make sure you draw at least once every day. The more you make it a habit, the easier it'll become.
>>
>>34290211
What should i look at in a persons drawings ?
>>
I used to draw but can't bring myself to do it anymore, some sort of mental block, a weird expectations of quality that I think I will not be able to match. . . it's very stupid but I haven't been able to overcome it fully yet.

Messed around with music production when I was younger too made a couple electronic tracks it was pretty fun.
>>
>>34290246
I think once you start drawing on your own, you will get better at knowing what to spot(i don't draw though), at least when I started playing the guitar I became a way better listener as well
>>
>>34290031
damn, we draw almost the same
i want to be an animator
good luck anon
>>
>>34290246
Basically what >>34290300 said

Once you start drawing you'll pick up little things here and there.

For a more solid example though, you could look at the comic Whomp in contrast to the comic Romantically Apocalyptic.
>>
>>34290308
Daww, thanks. Best of luck to you too buddy, I hope the animator thing pans out.
>>
File: 20161203_191951.jpg (233KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
20161203_191951.jpg
233KB, 640x480px
sometimes i paint
this is the only picture i have on my phone
>>
>>34290343
Oh dude those look awesome!
>>
>>34290343
That's cardboard? Nice
>>
>>34288641
>engineering
>creative

really nurtures those neurons
>>
File: Morn.jpg (81KB, 692x530px) Image search: [Google]
Morn.jpg
81KB, 692x530px
I have been into drawing since I was a child.
Got to highschool, stopped doing it - mostly because I was ridiculed for it not only by teachers but by peers.
Once I left highschool I obviously regretted not doing it as much, so tried to pick it back up here and there but I've never successfully stuck with it (thanks depression), I have zero motivation to work at anything and to better myself and will instead just beat myself up for not being nearly as good as my favourite artists and thoroughly believing I never ever could be, no matter how much I tried.

When I was a kid, I wanted to make a living off art. Now that I'm an adult, I know I probably never could, but would still love to at least attempt to fulfill that dream if I could actually bring myself to work at it.

Please help me, someone. Through the years I've gotten myself a tablet, tried digital art - never really get farther than learning how to use fucking Photoshop before I give up. I've got a shit ton of really nice pencils, pens, paper, ink, etc that I never ever use. The want is still there, it always is, but I can never just do it.

It's quite literally the only thing I have ever been good at. I've spent more time playing video games and I'd argue that I'm worse at video games given the time spent than I am at art, comparatively.

If you have a schedule that you keep in order to continue to better yourself, or if you do something specific to keep motivated please please tell me what you do. I'm NEET so I have all the time in the world but I spend it watching TV shows and reading this shit hole.
>>
I try and make music. I have a couple little demo songs that are rough but that's it.

I tend to get another idea before I work on polishing the first one.
>>
I just started making fantasy maps. I'm not very good at it yet, but Im still practicing
>>
>>34290388
I think you would benefit greatly from familiarizing yourself with the definition of the word.
>>
>>34290393

Yeah its funny when you have tons of time most of it ends up being used for nothing, I installed an app on my ipad recently to keep track of what I do during the day and its like, 30% sleep, 25% videogames, 25% browsing web / watching random videos etc. it would be easy to cut a couple hours from those to work on a skill but yeah easier said than done.
>>
Engineer in project management. Card prototyper, basic knowlodge on mechanis casting milling and plastic deformation.
Design and program card for artist.
Guitarist in a deathcore metal band
Kind of a perfect life desu

Would love to practice polish language but to lazy to add something on my schedule
>>
>>34290360
>>34290372
yes it is, i use a primer first on the cardboard, then i paint.
>>
>>34288673
Writers are so damn cool. Never give it up, anon.
>>
>>34290443
See, you seem like the kind of dude I'd like to follow around and just watch do things. I seem to have been born void of all levels of creative talents.

Also what is a 'card prototyper'? Like circuit boards?
>>
File: 1482396557434.jpg (191KB, 403x401px) Image search: [Google]
1482396557434.jpg
191KB, 403x401px
>tried drawing
>tried different instruments
>tried singing
>tried programming
wasted so much time but I didn't improve one bit on anyanything. I suppose I'm one of those people who were just born to be cannon fodder and die in a house fire, a disposable piece of plastic resembling a human.
>>
>>34288641

I play jazz piano, here's a shitty recording I did on a rather disappointing sounding grand piano.

https://clyp.it/iw5q0fdu
>>
>>34290441
What's the app called? I could use that and maybe see if I could try and get myself to spend more time trying to make music instead of getting in the top 50 players of this damn game im obsessed with.
>>
File: quiet suffering.jpg (287KB, 579x720px) Image search: [Google]
quiet suffering.jpg
287KB, 579x720px
I make art. Mostly a mix of watercolors, pastels and color pencils. It's usually portraits of women but I dabble in still life and landscapes as well.
>>
>>34290689
Real nice anon! I agree on the piano, it sounds off. But my expertise (used loosely) is in clarinettes.

I like writing, doing collages and practical wood work. Nothing fancy, small tables, bookshelves, birdhouses, that type of stuff. I'm teaching myself to play the clarinette and I'm taking singing classes.

This probably doesn't count, but I also daydream a lot, espcially before bed and it always makes for a refreshing night of sleep!
>>
>>34288641
This is a good, wholesome, comfy thread.

Thanks OP!
>>
>>34288708
what will you be covering? i play guitar too so this could be a chance
>>
>>34291165
mostly indie alternative stuff, not really what i like privately but good music nontheless
>>
>>34291430
ah okay. I have no idea what it takes to be in a band, so I would ask you what the most challenging song you can play is so I can get an idea of where I should be to join a band myself? Thanks!!
>>
>>34288641
I play guitar, bass and sing. Been tinkering with logic for the past few years and I would say I'm pretty adept.

SSRI's killed my creativity so I don't even touch my guitar these days. Would rather just play video games and go to school.
>>
>>34290810
Can you post one of your landscapes? As a kid I had tons of pencil artwork and a giant sketch book full of this and that but there were all these Asians my same age who were doing stuff that just shamed anything I ever attempted and I think it kinda put me off for life.
>>
>>34291489
well the band is made up of mostly beginners, well that's a tough question really, i suppose something like hedonism by skunk anansie is what we will play, which is not very hard. I think the sooner you join a band the better, so you can grow in a more musical environment and have clearer goals. I think the problem is more about finding the right people for your level
>>
>>34288641
>tfw you loved art/design as a wee lad but a decade of consuming instant entertainment has ruined any spark of creativity you once had

Why hasn't anybody warned me of this? I use to imagine cool monsters and make whole story lines for them but now my head is empty and can't create anything that isn't a copy of something or just forced random shit.
How do i bring back some of that child wonder?Would hallucinogens help?
>>
File: IMAG2520.jpg (516KB, 1108x594px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2520.jpg
516KB, 1108x594px
>>34291515
done in watercolor and yes that pole is really bent.
>>
Robot punk band
subhumanfilth.bandcamp.com

Anti normie side project
soundcloud.com/muttchugsdicks
>>
>>34292108
>>34290810
these are really good anon.
never stop! I am jealous.
>>
File: IMAG2203.jpg (130KB, 1048x515px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2203.jpg
130KB, 1048x515px
>>34291515
also while art can be cutthroat and belittling, you have a style unlike some one else. Don't try to compare yourself to others. If you want to make art, make it for yourself. If you are happy with it keep it close or show to someone else.
>>
File: image.png (953KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
953KB, 640x1136px
>>34289230
Post moar? This is neat yo.
I paint but have no pics on my shit phone of them. I also make trashy vaporwave/glitch shit, which I do happen to have on my phone.
>>
>>34291979
Curiously, I am suffering the same problem. I don't know how to reignite the spark, and I wish I could.
>>
File: reckless burning.jpg (739KB, 1024x690px) Image search: [Google]
reckless burning.jpg
739KB, 1024x690px
>>34292275
Thanks. I like these sort of threads on here. It's positive and not /b/
>>
>>34292108
>>34292276
These are pretty good. I can even kinda smell the top one just from looking at it. It's good that at least some of this lot does something constructive once in a while.
>>
>>34292600
yeah, my favourite kind of threads too. if I had the courage I'd post my own shit, even.

I always wondered because I have never ever been able to into paints especially water colours - how do you manage to blend everything so well? and have things stand out? hell it's more of a question of how the fuck do you paint? Is it like a layering kind of thing and having the idea of what you're gonna do already in your mind? Like doing layers in photoshop, but obviously not erasable?

I only ever draw using pencil or ink, but there's a painting course every monday about 10 minutes from my house thats only $10 for 2 hours with everything supplied and I am mildly interested in trying it.
>>
File: Morning Light.jpg (667KB, 1024x677px) Image search: [Google]
Morning Light.jpg
667KB, 1024x677px
>>34292670
I use watercolor mainly as the backdrop. Water is more easy for me to manipulate than paint. (Unless it's fully watercolor, then light colors and then dark colors. Making sure the area of paper is wet helps) It about knowing how to blend colors on your pallet and letting those mistakes happen (when you can control your blend). Also I got into color pencils and pastels cause it helped me fixed mistakes I saw.
>>
>>34292872
pastels are fucking wicked. experimented with them a bit, but they're really expensive (here at least). I've just never been good with colour in general, I think. I can do pretty well with black/grey and white contrasting but when I get to colour it just ruins any illusion of it being realistic colouring of whatever it is I'm doing.

also that pic you just posted is probably my favourite you've posted so far. Love the shading on the nightgown or whatever you call it.
>>
>>34292872
>>34292600
>>34292276
>>34292108
are these original or referenced? great stuff either way
>>
File: image.png (510KB, 1831x1379px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
510KB, 1831x1379px
>>34288641
I decided to start drawing finally due to a tabletop game I've been running. We are doing a JoJo campaign, and I had been doing photoshop hack jobs to convey stand designs in the past, but I wanted to try and draw a design I had from scratch.
How'd I do?
>>
>>34288641
I can't seem to stop doing and creating crap. So much so that it spills all over and I advise people on their pursuits all the time (mostly because I always have good ideas for some reason and often times they will be good ideas for other fields which I have no interest in pursuing... So I hand over those things to the people I know who could make that shit happen, and they do make that shit happen).

I draw and have been drawing since I was a kid, writing since I was a kid... Am generally gifted in any sort of creation and in the understanding of things, I know how to convey a message and that usually always has a lasting impression on people.

That being said, this was the most aggressive expression of my ability I have ever done.

The reality is that I don't find myself that amazing or incredible. I've been myself since I can remember and never really been anyone else or unable to do what I do or think the way I do.
People keep praising me and I've come to hate praise and attention, I try to hide with everything I do, it never works out well enough. I'm autistic and some sort of savant and high functioning shitlord.

I don't hate myself but I do hate being alive. I wish people would feel as comfortable around me as I do around them.
Nothing I do holds meaning, in my eyes. I feel like the framework for being a creative artistic kind of individual is that they should be worshiped like GODS. And I can't live like that.

I feel trapped within myself and the reason I feel that way is ultimately due to the way people talk to me as though I am above them because I'm good at doing a thing which I've realistically done since very very young... Isn't that just a lie?
>>
File: dreamer.jpg (526KB, 968x756px) Image search: [Google]
dreamer.jpg
526KB, 968x756px
>>34292971
all are references. The landscapes, I took photos of and brought it home. The portraits are girls from tumblr, 4chan, flickr.
>>
I want to write and illustrate a short story but I'm unskilled so I don't try
>>
File: 1450751761097.png (118KB, 764x718px) Image search: [Google]
1450751761097.png
118KB, 764x718px
>used to be creative
>started on SSRI's
>now dead inside
>>
>>34293263

lmao so impressive and artistic. why dont you post your drawings
>>
>>34289038
Same, wanna shoot my short too?
>>
reporting in, i have a degree in multimedia. i just wanted to learn photoshop. it maybe some useless degree but i learned it. it shows on my resume instead of just a high school degree.
>>
>>34293306
Because I do whatever the fuck I want, IT'S A FREE COUNTRY, A FREE WORLD, AND I OWE YOU NO NOTHING.

You don't have to believe me my dude, just do you and don't be an annoyed cuck because someone is remotely confident.
>>
>>34293386

called it. you aint shit.
>>
>>34293406
Called it, you're triggered and you're demanding proof because you wouldn't dare allow anyone say they are good at something without them "showing their tits or GTFO".

Have a smug cutie.
>>
>>34293440

you can talk shit but you cant back it up, bro. you aint shit, you react like a loser.
>>
File: redhead.jpg (1MB, 1018x1278px) Image search: [Google]
redhead.jpg
1MB, 1018x1278px
>>34292927
try using your fingers to blend. So many people told me not to smudge to blend in the past. I still smudge to blend. To me it's physical art, to work a color to blend into a flesh tone or fabric. Also it sucks that pastels are expensive where you live. Oil paints and good paper are expensive where I live. Have you tried color pencils?
>>
>>34293469
>you can talk shit but you cant back it up, bro. you aint shit, you react like a loser.

You have the linguistic prowess of a 15 year old black male on a shitty MUH BEGINNINGS flick and it's funny. Good on you for being a real life character. Sorry for being a total loser.
>>
i'm a film major but i also love sketch comedy so i enjoy making "funny" vids
and i'm in an improv club
>>
>>34288641
I'm studying engineering and I compose/play music
>>
>>34293558
So you're a cuck then, go figure.
>>
>>34293583
summed it up pretty well for me
>>
>>34293623
>film major
>Does sketch comedy and "funny" vids
Are you going to school for directing or film analysis?
>>
>>34293685
i'm going for an emphasis in editing
>>
>>34290186
8 should be "the revenge of hijak"
1 could be "frogs and feels" as well as the album name
>>
>>34293690
Not bad, don't waste your whole talents on something like sketch comedy though, try to use that as a resume.
>>
File: VQSucsH.png (228KB, 858x725px) Image search: [Google]
VQSucsH.png
228KB, 858x725px
YOU ARE A NORMIE IF YOU HAVE ANY TALENTS OR CREATIVITY

PLEASE EXIT THE BOARD IMMEDIATELY IF EITHER OF THESE APPLY TO YOU
>>
>>34293725
i mostly just do it for fun
>>
>>34293735
I'm an aspiring screenwriter/director but I doubt I have a talent for it, I haven't written anything in about 3 years
>>
>>34293735
so kurt cobain was a normie?
many great artists were probably robots, and practicing art =/= being talented anyways
>>
>>34293756
That's the worst

Original oregano
>>
>>34293263
Got an example?
>>
>>34293735
it's important for anyone, even robots to have talent in something. doesn't have to be creative but you have to be talented in something if you want to be happy at your job
>>
>>34293861
i would rather upload videos for fun rather than expect a career out of youtube, a site with horrible algorithms for making money
>>
>>34293903
Then stop making them on YouTube
>>
>>34290664
Thi8s (8 mute)
>>
File: Capture.jpg (104KB, 1065x602px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
104KB, 1065x602px
Posting this because it is just too badass.
Appears to be a creation of something from the ~90s that existed only as a realtime theoretical 3D animation called "Pipedream". This mother fucker actually made a working version by himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvUU8joBb1Q

The original Animusic Pipedream animation
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjBDfZZQz54
>>
>>34293691
i felt inspired by frogs and feels so i did a short interpretation
https://clyp.it/qihzvjbg
tell me what you think
>>
>>34294243
WHAT THE FUCK HOW??

FUCK YOU ROBOT THIS IS ORIGINALLY AMAZING
>>
>>34294340

I could use it as an interlude for the mixtape

with like a robot saying random feels over it
>>
>>34294714
He's got it, clearly.
>>
>>34290420
I'm an engineer. There is nothing creative about my work. It is depressingly drab
>>
File: english.jpg (104KB, 842x733px) Image search: [Google]
english.jpg
104KB, 842x733px
>>34294943
Verb, not noun.
>>
/art/ has been my only escape for the whole of my life. i have tried my hand at it all but mastered none. i lack discipline, i lack true inspiration, i lack original thought. but that's okay, i create for myself
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.