[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to have a consultation with a psychiatrist today about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 3546047478_d2e6e5b790_z.jpg (74KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
3546047478_d2e6e5b790_z.jpg
74KB, 500x333px
Going to have a consultation with a psychiatrist today about my anxiety.
How do I get a Xanax prescription out of this?
>>
>>34286707
Say you need help managing it, say it interferes with your life
>>
>>34286707
They dont perscribe them to new patients usually.. you have to "try" other things first I got clonidine vistril and seroquel out of the deal.. then you just say it didnt work
>>
>>34286707
Basically you gotta jump through a few hoops this is usually the case.. because as you are aware when they first came out it was easy to get them.. now its a little harder
>>
>>34286855
>clonidine vistril and seroquel
Not op but did any of those work? I've been seriously considering seeing a doctor lately since anxiety is actually affecting my normal life, I had to drop a bunch of uni classes and start working online because interacting with people started to give me anxiety attacks and I didn't want to leave my house even though in my head I could tell myself how stupid that was I've already cancelled one appointment with one because I was afraid they wouldn't believe me since my parents didn't.
>>
>>34286952
No dude.. Seroquel is an atypical antipsychotic.. usually used to treat symptoms of schizophrenia and bipolar those are its actually uses

I am coming off of methadone and literally cant sleep although I cannot blame the drugs anymore I have serious anxiety problems but taking into consideration I mentioned the methadone and my history of drug use this probably affected my result slightly (lol I was honestly trying to do the right thing)

Clonidine and Vistril dont really do shit they are good for withdrawals but not much else

Seroquel is ok, although it just puts you to sleep until you get used to it. I would just try to get the benzos because anti depressants take too long to work and have really costly side effects
>>
>>34286952
I had the exact same problems as you

You need to see a therapist on top of drug maintenance you so you can learn how to deal with your anxiety properly and sort of re learn how to enter society without it

If you just medicate the problem away trust me it only gets FAR much worse you need someone help you get to the root of your anxiety along with the maintenance drugs

Because to be frank with you you are going to wind up with a habit getting on these drugs you just are going to.. so at least try to solve your problems because having anxiety issues AND a drug problem is literally hell
>>
>>34286707
Anon. Don't touch those fucking things. They almost ruined my life. They feel really good, they'll really work, for a few weeks. Then you experience hell on earth. The withdrawals can kill you.
>>
>>34287029
>anti depressants take too long to work and have really costly side effects
Honestly the side effects would probably be worth it at this point, I go between anxiety attacks, considering suicide, memory problems and then suddenly being fine for a short while constantly now, if there's something that could make me feel regular again for a while I'd take it

>>34287057
>You need to see a therapist
I've tried I always get scared and cancel my appointments, same with anytime I want to bring it up with a doctor, I always tell myself if it gets any worse I'll go, but then when it does I just panic again and don't go. Maybe I'll actually be able to do it this time though
>>
>>34287107
What as in you just discontinued them suddenly of course you will have withdrawals numb nuts

I was able to suffer through methadone withdrawals which I can assure you are extremely unpleasant wouldn't want to do it again but I like pain so.. no biggie right

How long were you on Xanax because honestly I just need something to work

If I get addicted to them in the process so be it I have already spent 5 years addicted to heroin its just when you run out is really the only problem
>>
>>34287124
Yeah dude its a little unsettling at first I am going to see a therapist today who actually does psychoanalysis which is what you need to do for anxiety related disorders

Because anxiety is generally a symptom of either two things

Natural chemical imbalances or faulty wiring or it is the symptom of a much greater underlying like coping/learning problem so its pretty important you go dude I didn't

I wound up with a fucking 5 year heroin habit because you just start getting too weak trying to deal with your anxiety day in and day out

Pain makes people make bad choices you need to try to stop it while you still can
>>
>>34287262
A few months on and off. I took a half a bar before going to class and the next thing I knew it was 3 days later, I'd been robbed of all my money, etc. I stopped immediately, yes. I couldn't even afford to get more if I'd wanted to.

Opiate withdrawals may be bad, but at least you know they won't kill you. Benzos withdrawals make you anxious as fuck and on top of that you're not sure if at any moment you'll have a seizure or something.
>>
>>34287369
This is true the seizure part does scare me a bit but you weren't prescribed them you just got them from someone else.. that's not a smart move because you literally are a "drug addict" as long as they supply doesn't run out and you dose them properly and you TAPER off your meds withdrawal effects can be greatly reduced

Although I should have slowly tapered off of my methadone (now bear in mind methadone is a shitload harder to get off of because of the half life where as benzos are like H withdrawals not in intensity but they have a similar short acting half life) I rapidly reduced my dose because I absolutely hated that shit

But opioids were meds I DIDN'T NEED

Whereas benzos might actually help me. I am fully aware how shitty being a drug addict is but if the meds can actually help you I don't see why not use it as a maintenance method.. and discontinue use every now and again as to reduce tolerance and what not

I am not sure what your story is and I am certainly not calling you stupid because I was addicted to shit I shouldn't have been to and its not my place to judge but at least in my scenario I feel like I actually needs those meds so I can function.. from what you are telling me you were taking them to get high or is that not the story

Whenever you take shit solely to get high you are running a risk regardless of what you are doing
>>
>>34287369
Half a bar made you lose 3 days?
>>
>>34287459
I was stupid, but I wasn't taking them for fun, I took them because I had (and still have) intense and overwhelming anxiety that was ruining my life. I done a good deal of opiates myself, Feelsgoodman. But I never needed them. They were just for fun.

Xanax is insidious because you are using it to function, so you genuinely need it rather than want it. It's cool if you never run out, but God have mercy on your soul when they do run out. The withdrawals were enhanced for me due to being a heavy drinker since high school
>>
>>34287548
He started with half a bar I am sure what he is trying to say is he didn't remember taking more which is obviously what happened.. you dont lose three days on a half a bar
>>
If you need to ask you are underage b&
>>
>>34287548
No. I took half a bar, then in my state of lowered inhibition took more, went and bought more, and then just kept taking more and more.
>>
>>34287575
Okay, gotcha. That makes sense.
>>
>>34287561
Yes that's exactly what happens with opiates it gets to a point where you need them I mean I was shooting them up for years.. I mean you still get high but If I didn't have heroin it literally felt like I dying heroin withdrawal is so bad.. I mean albeit its not the worst withdrawal not even by a long shot but you know how it is

Methadone was a whole new level of hell its basically H withdrawal but its dragged out every phase of acute and post acute withdrawals last like weeks dude fucking weeks not just like a week or maybe 4-5 days you know

Plus fucking just all I feel is anxiety and anger I feel literally nothing else I mean did you ever recover from your drug addictions are you still anxious? Do you just wait this shit out? Fucking shit man it gets so old.. I about 3.5 months off methadone almost at 4
>>
yall would be better off just buying Etizolam off the internet. alot easier then jumping through the hoops to get a benzo prescription

>>34287459
dude if you admit drug use you will never get a script for benzos. im in the same boat sorta, im prescribed suboxone and like all other prescriptions even if i didnt tell the doctor i was on this shit most states have prescription drug monitoring programs, and they can see what all meds you have been prescibed going back years. so withholding that information wont help.
>>
>>34287622
Methadone is used completely incorrectly in the U.S. If they'd just use it short-term and taper people off it would work perfectly. I used it for about a month to kick a serious heroin addiction and it worked quite well.
>>
>>34287561
Basically done waiting for the recuperation process to be over I have waited long enough

I mean I cant even work a job because I am too fucking anxious dude to the point where people can notice it and it makes them uncomfortable so Xanax kind of seems like sort of a quick fix so I can AT LEAST start working

Obviously I going to treat it as a maintenance thing to give me a boost to at least get me going which in the sense I know its not the right thing to do but I am literally out of options at this point

What the fuck did you do?
>>
>>34287676
I was on probation man, I kicked heroin a bunch of times and still went back.. It either do the maintenance or go to fucking prison

I had to learn to not seek out heroin literally and the methadone helped me with that shit I mean it literally helped me develop coping strategies to deal with my overwhelming issue

I took methadone under the assumption that the information could not be accessed literally signed a sheet that said this treatment is not accessible to anyone obviously someone with a clearance might be able to access it

My doctor that I have now is a sketchy I mean he specifically told me he would prescribe them after you "trying other things first" its just Medicaid doesn't take his prescriptions which is pretty suspect enough

But seriously how the fuck did you get over your bullshit do you just keep biting the bullet me like wtf do you do? Xanax is literally the hail mary pass so I can at least start to function somewhat normally

I didn't want to have to resort to drugs AGAIN but dude I dont know what the fuck to do
>>
>>34287642
Oh wait

You're still on subs see I already kicked the methadone I am not using it anymore
>>
>>34287724
In your case it seemed like methadone was your only option. All those years that you used drugs made it so you didn't have to deal with your feelings and anxiety as much. When you are clean you have to deal with all the emotional shit you accumulated during the time you used, and live your life at the same time. It's really hard at first, but gets easier after a few months. Just try to keep yourself busy. Go to parks or situations where you are around people, but don't have to directly interact with them. I still have quite a bit of anxiety, but it is easier to manage. I tried Xanax for a short period, but if you have an addictive personality type, that's just a disaster waiting to happen.
>>
>>34286707
I get 3.0 mg bars for like 75 cents on the internet. Why beg some pretentious asshole who only cares about you're money for this shit?
>>
File: 1445464685355.jpg (212KB, 733x800px) Image search: [Google]
1445464685355.jpg
212KB, 733x800px
>>34286707
JUST DON'T.
Anxiety stems from your fears, if you find about your fears and face your fears you can fix your anxiety problems.
>doctor prescribes 40mg paxil
>on second day have wake up for no reason
>look at the mirror and see your terrified person
>have a very intense panic attack, think that you are gonna die
>pass out
>when you wake up, surprise that you didn't die
>never use medication ever again
>sort your problems out
>anxietyisgone.png
>>
You really don't want to. I'm telling you right now they will ruin your life once you get addicted. If you insist though the best way to get them is to say you have anxiety attacks. They'll probably prescribe some other shit first, but just say it doesn't work and eventually they'll give them to you.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.