[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey guys just had weird trippy time with my internet. i don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

hey guys

just had weird trippy time with my internet. i don't know a lot about network security so i'll try to break it down as best i can

yesterday i turned off my wi fi's mac filter so my friend could use it and forgot to turn it back on

today my internet stopped working but not the normal way, the internet light was still on and i could still access the modem

i turned the modem off and put the filter back on then a message popped up saying another computer was using my ip

is someone spoofing my computer and using my internet?

or am i being paranoid and it was a glitch/coincidence?
>>
>>34283229
Yeah someone is probably using your internet
>>
>>34283246
how do i get them off?
>>
are you behind a router? if you're using a router that sometimes happens, things get screwy sometimes and two computers end up having the same lan i.p and you need to either disable/re-enable the network card or restart the comp
>>
>>34283277
it's a dsl router modem combo
>>
>>34283317
just check your tables in the router to see if any other device is connected to your wifi. there should be a list somewhere in the modem/router settings

it's probably nothing
>>
>>34283423
thanks anon, i think you're right

i checked and could account for everything connected and put my phone online also to make sure it was working properlly (it was)

-- i got freaked out because when the net went down i tethered my phone and tried to post something and got a ban notice for posting cp in 2014 which i definitely NEVER DID!!

coincidences can be so paranoia inducing
>>
>>34283505
wait. your phone was connected to your internet when you tried posting and got that ban notice?

that sounds like your isp fucking up registering modems
>>
>>34283576
no. i used my mobile data to post

completely different isp
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.