[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the easiest sport to become a professional?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (266KB, 530x800px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266KB, 530x800px
What's the easiest sport to go pro?
>>
>>34281768
if you're 7+ feet tall, basketball
>>
>>34281768
One of the beat the shit out of each other sports probably
>>
thats like asking "which flame is the coolest". one might actually be a few degrees colder, but theyre all hot and will burn you
>>
It depends on your body type
>>
>>34281795
>1 on 1 physical confrontation in martial arts refined through ages
>one of the easiest
you do know they simulate fight for life within societal norms, they are practically unarmed gladiators beating each other to submission

easiest sport would probably be something like Tennis if you have good hand eye coordination, reflexes and aerobic health
>>
>>34281768
Badminton if you're not completely retarded.
>>
What about running?
It sounds easy to me
>>
>>34281768
Bowling

Obviously
>>
>>34281889
Professionally you need ectomorph body type and rigorous diet, exercise and great lungs
>>
>>34281768
Soccer

All it takes is being athletic, aggressive, and have solid fundamentals (shooting on target, trapping the ball, etc.)

I had two of those (athletic and solid fundamentals). But I was a lazyfag who enjoyed fucking around at practice. If I had been aggressive and actually tried to score, I could've gotten a scholarship. From there, small chance of going pro.

Soccer players tend to be less all-around athletic, and more specialized at just playing soccer.
>>
e-sports, particularly fps.
>>
>>34281795
t. Person who has never been in a fight
>>
>>34282034
For reference, the most "decorated" player in my state/region was a short Asian guy who played with the U16 national team.
>>
darts, have you seen what the "athletes" look like?
>>
>>34281768
the sport you love and the sport you're willing to invest you're all into

that's the only sport you could ever go pro in
>>
>>34282034
The know nothing. Football (that's the sport's name, dumbfuck) is the simplest and therefore has the toughest competition. You're obviously an American, so maybe you could have been "pro" there, but any where else in the world you have to practice 10 hours a day from age 4 to even have a chance--it's not a matter of "I just won't be lazy."
>>
>>34282114
Soccer is British baseball. It's something for plebs to do on Sunday while they eat ye olde Sunday pudding. Your militaristic "clubs" are embarrassing and low-rent. Faggot.
>>
File: 1482992726941.jpg (36KB, 640x605px) Image search: [Google]
1482992726941.jpg
36KB, 640x605px
>>34282210
>Soccer is British baseball
Jesus Christ
>>
>>34281795
A fatass who has never done a martial art.
>>
>>34282285
I love playing soccer, but watching it is boring as shit 8 times out of 10. The fact that pedestrian mouth breathers pretend to have the attention span for it is hilarious to me.
>>
>>34282285
He's referring to cricket right?
>>
>>34282034
>soccer
>aggressive

Lmfao
>>
>>34282034
>talented but lazy meme

Participation trophies are thataway anon
>>
probably ultimate frisbee or scootering or some shit
>>
>>34281768
Baseball because there are so many minor league teams and roster spots.
>>
>>34281768
Golf, duh
>>
>>34282091
Holy shit lol thread fuckin over
>>
A sport that is both simple and without that much tough competition. So Field Hockey.
>>
>>34281849
>tennis
>easy
Holy shit you're retarded
>>
>>34282353
*Intelligently* aggressive. Running constantly will just make you tired.

But if you play enough, you learn when to use a burst of energy because the defender is on auto-pilot. Or how to put shots on goal from 20+ yards because it's raining and the grass is slick. Or having 2-3 "secret" moves that work 100% of the time, and saving them for just the right moment. Or knowing when you can alpha a defender and beat him 1 v 1.

I knew all of that stuff. The hard part is putting it into action. The game moves fast. If your mindset is "just here for fun," then knowing doesn't count for anything.
>>
>>34282114
No its called soccer, it stands for association football
If the fact that we call it different triggers your autism so much maybe you should reevaluate what you care about
>>
>>34281768
the one that has the least amount of people competing in it.

it's all a numbers game most sports have 1000000s of people doing them so statistically the stats are skewed against you to the point that youll need to basically be luckily gifted with the physical or mental factulities, the right locations and upbringing + some luck to go pro.
>>
>>34281768

Any online game. Literally easy point and click or press 3 button shit. Any moba or FPS. You just have to stream a lot and be "popular". You'll become "pro" and make shit money winning tournaments.
>>
>>34282540
It's called football. Your sport played by braindamaged cunts for braindamaged cunts is called Gridiron.
>>
>>34282578
i disagree.

there's 27 million unique players that played league. a lot of them are probably casual and have no intent of going pro but out of that number i bet at least 10 million of them want to do that.

you really have to be REALLY fucking good to even get noticed out all them players i thinkn like .1% of them are even the highest ranked divison.
>>
>>34282380
>Left outside midfield
>First and only hat trick was a state semifinal

But nah I'm a meme
>>
>>34282415

Yeah, have you ever played? Good luck with that
>>
>>34281768
Fishing, billiards, shooting, bowling, and curling. Take your pick.
>>
>>34282564
This is the only logical answer in this thread. Anyone who picked a sport that's shown on mainstream television is a fucking retard.
>>
Any women's division sport. These days of trans acceptance means you've got a valid path in.
>>
minigolf.
>>
Just join a sport nobody knows about, knew this guy who did this and was one of the best in our country, mostly because so little people had interest in that sport.
>>
>>34281768
Maybe a sport like curling
>>
>>34281795
>>34281849
>>34282088
>>34282303
While I see what you're saying, here's what you guys are missing: it's easy as FUCK to go pro in combat sports. Much harder to do well, sure, but it's easy as fuck to go pro. It's not a difficult, long, or expensive process to do so, and there are almost no barriers for entry beyond paying fees.

That's not to say anything about success, as I said, but the act of actually going pro is a joke.
>>
id argue something like boxing. you learn how to punch, and that's it. the hard part is the constant cardio, but after a while, it isnt bad.
>>
>>34284118
Boxing is great, no doubt about that. But It's in no way the easiest sport to go pro. The world is full of talented boxers trying to claw their way to the top.
>>
>>34281872

This, or any other low profile sport, lacrosse or whatever.
>>
>>34281889
That's exactly why it's extremely hard to do well. Everyone can run. There are 7 billion runners, what makes you think you can excel?
>>
>>34281768
Pro wrestling
>Show passion and pride
>Go to a wrestling school
>Train 2-3 years
>start matches at independent promotions and you will get paid
I was halfway through wrestling school until my parents found out and wanted me to get a real job
>>
>>34281768
Fishing? Or maybe disc golf
>>
>>34281768
Literally none.
Do a sport you enjoy otherwise you will burn out long before you go pro.

The number of people I see as a semi-pro who are all talk, rock up to a session blabbing about olympic dreams, and burn out within a few months.
I am only now starting to go pro, and I have been in my sport seriously for 6 years, casually for 10ish.
>>
>>34281768
skiing is probably the most common sport to gopro
>>
Bump
This is really interesting
>>
Easy = no genetic fuckery.
You want something like Archery where you don't go up against others directly, and that really doesn't allow the genetically gifted to exploit their advantages: no dependence on reaction time, o2 capacity, fast twitch muscle proportion, height etc.

A good way to tell is to look at the pros. If they all look really similar, there's probably some genetic bullshit happening and you'll be out of luck. If they just look like ordinary people you see down the street, kind of a mixture, then you have a chance.
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.