[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why don't millenials watch sports anymore

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: .jpg (188KB, 1242x810px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
188KB, 1242x810px
why don't millenials watch sports anymore
>>
>>34280801
Because we'retoo busy fighting for social justice and protesting the new Nazi President
>>
because sports succ.

i hope funding for sports dies and we can use that money for roads or something.
>>
>>34280836
Roads are gay.
>>
File: 1484380268056.jpg (66KB, 1024x731px) Image search: [Google]
1484380268056.jpg
66KB, 1024x731px
>>34280801
I do. I don't have a lot of time for it but I really like college basketball so I catch what games I can and cheer for my alma mater school.

anyone else here a college basketball fan?
>>
>>34280823
>So, pretending like you're doing something important

Man to be young
>>
>>34280823

pfffft what a waste of time
>>
>>34280801
I like sports. Sports are cool.

Sports.
>>
football is game designed by ad companies
>>
good hyde video on this

https://youtu.be/JS0pqoDJR6o?t=217
>>
Sports are more popular than ever though?
>>
>>34280823
Honestly can't wait for the crash from all this shit like in the 70s when all the hippies grew the fuck up and realized the hippy shit was gay as hell
>>
>>34280921
dammit i meant to embed it to start at 3:37
>>
>>34280801
Idk, I don't find them interesting too watch, never been attached to a team.
>>
>>34280801
Because it's not instant gratification, they would rather play vidya. They can't watch without playing with there phones etc. Most things I find young uns doing these days is to impress their friends, rather for their own benefit.
>>
>>34280801
We do, we're just streaming them online.
>>
>>34280823
Imagine being Jewish and seeing the bar set so low for who we now consider Nazis.
>>
>>34280974
Which sites do you use?
>>
>>34280931
You mean the 80s. No one grew up in the 70s. That was the Era of disco and coccaine. In the 80s is was coke and yuppies and greed is good.
>>
>>34281006
I imagine they were over it when people were calling Obama a nazi.
>>
>>34281026
not that guy but le reddit is actually good with this stuff (at least for american sports)
/r/mlbstreams
/r/nflstreams
etc
>>
>>34280801

> Browses 4chan.

> Fan of the Patriots.

How shit can you possibly be.
>>
I used to be a huge sports fan. Played sporst in school. Wached mostly NFL. I played fantasy fooball for around 8 years also.

A few reasons
>greed and captialism
Sports leagues are just business.
>fandom
The way people only care about sports when their team is winning, how they go full tribal monkey-mode when a fan of another team enters the room.
>the type of things in our society that get brushed to the side in favor of sports or protecting tradition
See: Penn State, the college rape issue, etc.
>waste of time
This was the first season I didn't keep up with stats and records and whatnot and I never realized how much free time it would open up.

Also, it just kinda feels beta sometimes to cheer for other men when I could instead be focusing on my own goals.

>tfw too smart for sports
>>
The question is, who the fuck even watches sports anymore? You have to be a braindead normie to enjoy watching chads run back and front like monkeys for few hours.
>>
File: sara.jpg (160KB, 596x844px) Image search: [Google]
sara.jpg
160KB, 596x844px
>>34281088

It's great I wish I would have know sooner.
>>
Because is the same shit.

Your only into it because your parents where into it. That and I'm tired of looking at sweaty ass dudes do shit that I want to do.
>>
>>34280801
I didn't think I would get into them and I was right, my friends did by spamming me with UFC shit 24/7. I like watching football with my dad though, we almost get as pumped as the guys in the stands watching the game. Fucking Cowboys man, they did so well in the regular season and just fucked it up again. Good ass game though.
>>
File: tomas jefferson.jpg (130KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
tomas jefferson.jpg
130KB, 1200x1200px
I cant into players and shit. If you were to replace the players with cute anime girls, then i would be able to tell them apart
>>
because all major sports and their networks are literally corrupt businesses and scams
>>
>>34280801
Because they're too busy playing the sports
Most people who have ever watched sports on TV are dads and shit
Millennials aren't dads and shit yet
>>
>>34281314
Underrated post.

>Cavs win in game 7
>Cubs win in game 7
>Packers win in the 50th anniversary of the super bowl, as well as the 50th anniversary of their first super bowl championship
>>
We do, only losers don't follow sports at least a little. Well, I may be gen z I can't really tell
>>
>>34281314
soccer isnt
>>
>>34280801
>why do/dont millennials do this thing I just know decided they do/dont
why is this a separate board from pol again?
>>
obviously you don't live around a college town

i live in upstate south carolina, it's orange everywhere
>>
>>34281387

Lol, soccer is the worst of with that fucking FIFA scandal they just went through
>>
they do

>millenials dont x meme
>>
File: vanzant.png (137KB, 256x270px) Image search: [Google]
vanzant.png
137KB, 256x270px
>>34280801
video games maybe, kids don't play sports as kids so they're not invested in them when they grow up. that would be my guess

Only sports I watch are combat sports like boxing or MMA, but that's because i wrestled as a kid and i do jiu jitsu now. I know basic football strategy and can enjoy a game every now and then but i couldn't sit through a whole season of my team's games.. even if they didn't suck.
>>
They do, they compile highlights of X soccer player and put shitty EDM over it
>>
>>34281363
>implying the packers will beat atlanta
>>
>>34280931
It was because that faggot Nixon made psychedelics illegal to get rid of his political enemies.
>>
>>34280801
>getting pride from watching other people play a game
kek can't wait til sports die and all those chads hoping to get into sports have to find real jobs
>>
I watch wrestling. Is that a sport?
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.