[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Antidepressants

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

What are you guys' thoughts on Antidepressants. The science is still very shady to me.
>Will they help with my anxiety
>SSRI's in particular

Am i being cucked by the pharma companies?
What are your experiences?
>>
They're just shitty versions of illegal drugs that have been watered down so they don't fry your brain forever.
>>
Better off exercising, up hill walks and multivitamins and little drugs and aocohol
>>
File: 1483410965425.jpg (33KB, 402x416px) Image search: [Google]
1483410965425.jpg
33KB, 402x416px
>>34278172
They will fuck you up more than anything and you will never ever be the same.

Unless you are absolutely batshit insane crazy and there truly are no other options stay as far away as possible.
>>
>>34278172
they don't work
try benzodiazepines for your anxiety
>>
>>34278269
klonopin or xanax works
>>
>>34278269
>benzo addiction
this advice is terrible.
>>
>>34278269
>>34278263
>>34278199
Are your opinions based off personal experiences?
and explain WHY
>>
Some antidepressants work for some people. You might have to try a few to find one that works. You might be lucky and have the first one work. You might be unlucky and not have any work.

I'm on Sertraline and it works perfectly for me. No invasive, self hating thoughts or anxiety.
>>
>>34278347
whelp then w/e I use klonopin and its great for my anxiety
>>
>>34278172
Benzos are good for incidental use. Don't use them too much, because people have had seizures and psychosis from withdrawal from these bad boys.
Antidepressants are meh. They make you feel a little more stable at best, and they do have withdrawals, contrary to what most doctors will tell you.

Tramadol, which is both a strong antidepressant and a weak opioid, has kept me going in a lot of bad situations. Lets me put on a normal face and laugh a bit when my soul feels like burning garbage. Wouldn't recommend it though. Not hard to come off, but it has a very long post-withdrawal blues.
>>
File: 6v5gRW7.jpg (22KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
6v5gRW7.jpg
22KB, 480x270px
>>34278376
>>34278399
thank you for the level-headed thoughts, seems to be a hot topic on r9k.
I agree its different for everyone. and i guess there is no way to find out if its right for you or not without giving it a shot.
>>
>>34278376
Sertraline did almost nothing for me conversely. Idk OP, almost works on a case by case basis
>>
File: 1484121445260.jpg (54KB, 417x511px) Image search: [Google]
1484121445260.jpg
54KB, 417x511px
>>34278580
I dont know about most anti depressants but my mom took Xanax which is a benzo. It drove her to the brink of insanity to the point where she couldn't leave her room due to fear and paranoia over things that didn't exist. She had to go to rehab, it was the worst few weeks of her life.

These things are serious, you are playing with your brain and how your brain functions. Unless your life is just too miserable to continue I would suggest finding healthier methods to curve anxiety or depression.

I also hate to be that guy but maybe trying smoking weed every now and again because at least with that you can quit by yourself.
>>
>>34278689
Try lithium
>>
Tisanes or herbal infusions help a lot, enough so I don't have to take benzos. They do take time to kick in, but once you calm down, you will sleep for hours.
Multivitamin supplements help to if they have feel-good minerals: calcium, sodium, potassium and magnesium. Those help to prevent heart fibrilation, thus elevated pulse, blood pressure and pounding heart.
>>
File: 1482513758887.png (10KB, 321x339px) Image search: [Google]
1482513758887.png
10KB, 321x339px
Hey anon I have been on SSRI's for maybe a year or so as recommended by my doctor for my anger issues, I have been on plenty of anti depressants asweel and I have been abusing Valium and other Benzos one period of my time, I have also used Ritalin.
You are being cucked by the pharma because it does take the edge off to some degree but that shit fucks with you brain after excessive use, plus its pretty fucking expensive and u get addicted to it(depending what type ofc)
But here is a story from a while back
>be me
>be addicted to benzos(Xanax and Valium mostly)
>eat that shit up like candy
>be on anti depressants
>abuse them as it slowed down my mind and gave me a "electric" feeling in my head that was kinda pleasant to me
>didn't think I had a problem Cuz the doctor said so
>realize how much money I'm spending on this
>realize I'm becoming a zombie
>my skin and face started to age very rapidly
>speech slured
>tell myself I will only how much the doctor told me
>realize it still fucks with my shit
>go cold turkey
>depression, cravings and anger bursts for maybe two months
>get over it
>feel fine
>take psychedelics one or twice a year and smoke weed weekly
>feel absolutely great

Anon, stay away from that shit as it fucks you up soooo much, I also lost alot of weight Cuz of it, and I was already skinny to begin with
>>
>>34278172
You can only get so much information without at least trying it. Everyone's brain chemistry is different You're not gonna get addicted for take 1 dose the fuck man.
>>
>>34278366
These are the same few replies that are in every thread, I have no experience with them but assuming you're seriously looking for info/experience then you're better off looking elsewhere than here and getting the same few paranoid robots that are in every thread
>>
>>34278702
I agree with this 100%. Anti depressants are serious shit, i would stay away from any hard medications if you can help it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.