[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can attractive people be smart?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 17

Can attractive people be smart?
>>
yes, chads are usually smart too
>>
Yes, but smart people cannot be attractive.
>>
>>34276399
Yeah they usually are actually. Superior genes and all that memery.

The idea that smart people are exclusively ugly and weak is just feel-good fairy tales that robot tell themselves before going to sleep at 7 am. That and "when I grow up, Chad will work at McDonalds and I'll be a millionaire"
>>
>>34276452
literally this.
>tfw nerd in high school
>tfw all the jocks and cheerleaders were in "gifted" classes with you
>tfw a chad got into brown, and a stacy into a yale
>i'm at Community college
reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>34276422
>>34276444
>>34276452
Good responses. Here's an article. http://www.medicaldaily.com/facial-features-predict-iq-men-long-face-and-wide-set-eyes-make-men-look-smart-not-women-273710
>>
>>34276444
Correction, this is a bad response. Instinctively included because trips.
>>
>>34276399

that is a really really good looking dude. no homo of course

seriously I can't even be jealous because I'm too impressed
>>
>>34276497
This, the smartest person in my calc class is chad, shit, even Tyrone is smarter than me.
>>
File: 987987987.jpg (31KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
987987987.jpg
31KB, 499x499px
>>34276444
>>34276555

kek is with us lads
>>
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.heraldsun.com.au/news/opinion/rita-panahi/goodlooking-people-are-smarter-happier-and-more-successful/news-story/4e171f059aeb5da97e2da25259803c1a?client=safari

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-scientific-fundamentalist/200903/beautiful-people-are-more-intelligent-i
>>
Statistics bare out again and again that uglier people tend to have lower IQs than attractive people. The reason why tall people tend to earn more money and are promoted more often than short people is not some sort of fIuke. The corresponding expectations are not something that is genetically programmed into our minds "just because" - these expectations are innate to us because tall attractive men are more likely to be intelligent, they are more likely to be trustworthy and so on and so forth.
In the grand picture of things, genetic traits come in bundles - good genetic characteristics and bad genetic characteristics are packaged deals. Those who are above average in positive trait X are also more likely than not above average in every other positive trait that an individual can have.

If you are ugly you are treated like shit because you ARE shit. Anons like to make jokes about calling each other "subhumans", "genetic trash" etc and sort of try to make it into a mere meme ... the true black pill consists in realizing that this is literally true.

You literally are genetic trash. Biological shit. An inferior piece of garbage that deserves the suffering (both mental and physical) that he endures. The reason why society drives you into suicidal depression is because they DO want you to commit suicide and finally rid the human population of your subhuman inferior worthless evolutionarily disadvantaged physical manifestation. Obviously the people around you aren't going to tell you that - they wouldn't be able to tell you that even if they wanted to, because it's not something that they do consciously. They don't even "know" that they want you to commit suicide, it's just a subconscious desire that they are acting to drive you into. The power of evolution and the deep psychology that we act upon lies not in that which we are actively aware of.
>>
>>34276683

>Those who are above average in positive trait X are also more likely than not above average in every other positive trait that an individual can have.

any explanation for this? scientifically curious
>>
>>34276796
not him, but that's just how the theory of evolution works.

The individuals the most adept at surviving, and thriving, in an environment are the ones who pass on those traits to the next generation.

Those who are physically fit are also most likely mentally fit as well, or they have kids with someone else who fills in the gap e.g. dumb Chad jock has kids with a smart plain jane girl.

But then again, with modern medicine and the safety nets of society, there's an argument to be had that the surivival of the fittest is no longer in play.... but I think it's too early to see any real effects.
>>
>>34276632
Oh shit if dubs everyone but me gets a girlfriend until they die
>>
Name one good looking philosopher.
>>
>>34276497
This is more to do with robot's dwindling self-confidence and motivation in the final years of high school.
>>
>>34277182
>philosophers
>smart

how's that social science degree treating you there anon
>>
File: 1484778645839.gif (459KB, 494x372px) Image search: [Google]
1484778645839.gif
459KB, 494x372px
>>34277271
>STEM fags
>smart
>>
>>34277182
Rousseau
>>
>>34277182
Does Camus count as a philosopher?

He slayed.
>>
File: Evola 5.jpg (11KB, 235x310px) Image search: [Google]
Evola 5.jpg
11KB, 235x310px
>>34277182

Young Evola and Wittgenstein
>>
>>34277182
Wittgenstein and young Schopenhauer.
>>
>>34277426

>Wittgenstein

pl0x
>>
>>34277319
>>34277182

I'm not a STEMfag, but philosophy is just psychology for retards.
>>
File: ArthurSchopenhauer[1].jpg (115KB, 635x883px) Image search: [Google]
ArthurSchopenhauer[1].jpg
115KB, 635x883px
>>34277449
Where can I get a qt like this to Will and Represent my ass?
>>
File: 1482741532241.png (25KB, 1147x609px) Image search: [Google]
1482741532241.png
25KB, 1147x609px
>>34276683
I grew up in the LA Iranian Jewish community, and now a part of the (LA) frum community, and this is exactly what I and many other spergs go through here.

I even tell the normies I go to shul with and Rabbi Chad about how everyone sees me a a piece of garbage and how I dont have quality of life and I should be euthanized.
>>
>>34277486
then what is psychology?
>>
>>34277381
He was delusional as fuck and probably gay.
>>
>>34277535
an actual science concerning human behavior and the human mind, rather than empty platitudes and memes like "I think therefore I am so just b urself :^)" or "dude what if there was shadows in a cave"
>>
>tall-ish (6'0")
>handsome (according to several non-family people)
>smart (130+ IQ)
>still nobody likes me
Feels bad man
>>
>>34277738
>130+ IQ
How do you know?
>>
>>34277771
That's just the mode average of my online IQ tests I've taken (a few times out of dozens, I've gotten ~110), so I know it's not an actual quantifier, but it makes me feel better :^)
>>
>>34276399
Yes. I am an example
>>
>>34276399
Attractive people tend to be smart in general.*

* may not apply to girls
>>
>>34277486
...And psychology is just biology for retards
>>
>>34278584
biology doesn't concern itself with the human mind and behaviour.
>>
>>34278584
>biology
Neurology
>>
>>34278610
Of course it does, what are you talking about? Why wouldn't it concern itself with a biological mechanism?
>>
>>34276399
Did this faggot dye his fucking beard.
>>
>>34278629
That sounds like nitpicking to me.
>>
>>34278584
...And biology is just chemistry for retards
>>
>>34278713
...and chemistry is just physics for retards
>>
>>34276399
You should visit the upper class societies sometime. Everyone is beautiful and everyone is smart. So yes.

Generation upon generation of smart successful men taking trophy wives and creating these perfect human beings. They're a hell of a lot smarter than any of us and attractive enough to be classed as a different species from the underclass by now.
>>
>>34278803
...And physics is just mathematics for retards
>>
>>34278886
...And mathematics is just philosophy for retards
>>
>>34278912
Deeper than one would think... a philosophical observation in itself
>>
>>34278634
biology re: neurology studies the brain, but not the mind.
>>
>>34279054
But, is neurology not just a focused subdivision of biology on the complex nature of the human brain?

I mean, the mind, while not 100% understood, is still a quantifiable biological function.
>>
>>34277041
>But then again, with modern medicine and the safety nets of society, there's an argument to be had that the surivival of the fittest is no longer in play
It's still in play, but now it's all about sexual selection. Women get to have their pick of the best men in their communities, and their communities can stretch to be as big as their entire countries, or even the entire planet.
Look at how dating services like tinder allow women to sort out the ugly and undesirable men, and leaves them with the tallest, most attractive, most intelligent and richest guy they can get. Compare this to living in a small village where a woman is forced to pick between Bill, the manlet son of the local shop clerk, or Richard, the chubby farmer's boy with an asymmetrical face.

The more the world gets smaller and more comfortable, the more ugly people get marginalized. Nobody will settle with them. Women can take care of themselves now, and even if they don't they can rely on the state to give them welfare money. We are getting weeded out of society and nobody gives a damn about us. Atleast before we could go off to die in some meaningless war, but now we're forced to make a living for ourselves.
>>
>>34279228
>But, is neurology not just a focused subdivision of biology on the complex nature of the human brain?

the human brain, the actual organ, but not the mind.

The human mind is so complex that it has several disciplines entirely dedicated to it, psychology, psychiatry, sociology, etc.

Philosophy was also a study of the mind, not the brain.
>>
it's a meme that pretty people are dumb, they just don't need it for power in minor social situations so they don't correct people or spout out factoids or opinions no one asked for. I was so depressed when I found out I really have nothing on them
>>
File: IMG_8347.jpg (22KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8347.jpg
22KB, 251x242px
>vowed I'd beat Chad in school
>actually did
>got into Ivy Plus school while Chads go to shit tier state schools
are any of you even trying?
>>
>>34276399
Can they? Sure

Are they? Not necessarily

I've known people who have pretty much everything going for them genetically (smart, attractive, tall, athletic) and people who have nothing going for them genetically (ugly retards and kids with Down's). People are not equal and some people literally have no strengths
>>
>>34276399
Oh i dont know Opie, tell me.
Can ugly people be stupid?
>>
You can be attractive and smart, but if you are too smart then there will be diminishing returns and you risk isolating yourself from everyone else.
>>
File: 1431298268250.jpg (88KB, 1121x573px) Image search: [Google]
1431298268250.jpg
88KB, 1121x573px
>>34276452
>when I grow up, Chad will work at McDonalds and I'll be a millionaire
Reminder
>>
>>34280049
>vowed i'd beat Chad in school

Lol that's so fucking pathetic
>>
>>34277234
Honestly, this.

I was in gifted and if I really put enough effort, I probably could've gotten a really good GPA and gone to a good college with a full scholarship but I was depressed and unmotivated in high school. I was, and probably still am, smarter than most of my peers but I'll probably not amount to much because of lack of self-esteem, self-confidence, and various mental illnesses.
>>
File: anoninnanutshell.gif (962KB, 450x351px) Image search: [Google]
anoninnanutshell.gif
962KB, 450x351px
>>34281766
Your cool anon cin we b frens?
>>
>>34276399
yes I would be that guy right now but I suffer from a cognitive decline.
>>
File: harvard.png (355KB, 1024x1016px) Image search: [Google]
harvard.png
355KB, 1024x1016px
why are you people so obsessed with being attractive?

most women care far more about social status and money
>>
File: 1484115703101.png (255KB, 392x457px) Image search: [Google]
1484115703101.png
255KB, 392x457px
>tfw 6'3"
>people randomly assume I'm smart/think I am the type of person who will invent/discover something some day
>tfw all these high expectations of me when I am just a fucking loser not going to achieve anything
>tfw get jobs easy/don't really even have to say anything in an interview (just nod my head occasionally and let them do all the talking). 1:1 interview:job ratio.
>face-wise I feel like a 5/10
>>
>>34282836
you're not a 5/10 face-wise.
>>
>>34281909
Those are correlated with good looks.
>>
>>34276683
You're completely misinterpreting the statistics. For some reason, you equate good looks and height, which is not the case at all in the slightest. The statistics say that good-looking people are more intelligent and successful, yes. But for whatever reason, you replace "looks" with height.

Why is /r9k/ so obsessed with height anyway? Is it bitter virgin manlets or bitter virgin lanklets doing it? Or both?
>>
>>34282836
What kind of jobs? Do you have a degree?
>>
>>34276399
Yeah I am one of them
>>
>>34281909
Looks always have the upper hand my friend
>>
>>34279568
Sociology has absolutely nothing to do with the brain

Neuroscience maybe but that is a more rigorous approach

I will give you psychiatry but again that's just a therapist with meds

Psychoanalysis and Psychopharmacology related branches all deal with the brain in depth and psychopathology every subset under these disciplines
>>
no its actually scientifically impossible

this is based on fact
>>
>>34278803
This was a good one lol

Might do chem because its way easier and more practical than physics.. if you do physics isn't it just like spending a bunch of money to get boned?
>>
>>34278886
Physics is entirely math.. how is physics mathematics for retards the entire discipline is math well theoretical and applied
>>
>>34285349
>Is it bitter virgin manlets or bitter virgin lanklets doing it? Or both?
both

a lot of guys are insecure about their height or dick size so both sides add fuel to the fire because it's almost guaranteed to trigger someone
>>
>>34281766
HONESTLY

THIS

RAVIFUCKINGOLI
>>
>>34285522
I am triggered as fuck right now
>>
>>34277271
>>34277319
They are smart in very different ways. Philospohers are good at thinking of things most people never even begin to consider, they are observers that are good at coming to conclusions and creating solutions for problems outside of basic needs and survival. However, they usually are physically lacklustre, not especially good looking, tend to be isolated, and can't get their head around numbers or figures (not always though).

STEM type people, scientists, engineers etc are very good at logic based thinking, working with numbers, pattern based identification, etc. Basically adept in understanding tangible. rational thinking, but often horrenously uninspired when it comes to artistic or philosophical feats - with some exceptions, computer scientists and the like can rarely draw better than an 8 year old (even if they practice it enough, their drawings will be generic and not at all notable).

Then there is also creative and "street smarts" sorts of intelligence. By most standards, they are actually not that smart, don't do terribly well at academia (usually boredom and restlessness), and if it were not for their athletic/creative based intelligence, would be fairly useless mentally ill/stupid people. It is true that many olympic athletes have nothing worth listening to, and that a painter is mad and arrogant and eccentric. But the reason why they have value, is because they can create something of immense beauty, whether it be a work of art, or the act of demonstrating the power and grace of the human form. And athletic type is the perfect hunter gatherer, that can do anything and escape any situation if they can physically fight or push their way through obstacles. An artist would be responsible for the sistine chapel, or classical music, or a monet painting.

In short, most people suck at day to day intelligence related to success, but there are outliers that are worth keeping around because of how enjoyable their creations are.
>>
File: Nietzsche187c.jpg (2MB, 1956x2940px) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187c.jpg
2MB, 1956x2940px
>>34277182
I'd say Nietzsche was pretty good looking
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.