[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop having horrible nightmares every night?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

File: nightmare.jpg (39KB, 800x645px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare.jpg
39KB, 800x645px
How do I stop having horrible nightmares every night?
>>
>>34275028
get off the drugs
>>
File: IMG_0199.jpg (15KB, 469x256px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0199.jpg
15KB, 469x256px
>>34275028
Smoke weed, get drunk, or jerk off before going to sleep

Works every time
>>
File: 1435983546675.gif (105KB, 1088x889px) Image search: [Google]
1435983546675.gif
105KB, 1088x889px
>>34275051
>>34275059
who the fuck do i listen to?
>>
Watch asmr and sleep on your side retard. In your fov put something to remind you your hallucinations if you have them are not real like a sign or poster.
>>
File: Saburo.png (1MB, 728x1031px) Image search: [Google]
Saburo.png
1MB, 728x1031px
How do i get horrible nightmares?

I tried the "don't move until you fall asleep" bullshit. It doesn't work
>>
>>34275028
Stop being mean to demons for no reason.
>>
>>34275028
You don't get rid of the nightmares, you embrace them.

Start a dream journal, make a survival horror game afterwards.
>>
>never got much sleep at night, hard to fall asleep in the first place, always wake up in the middle of the night, usually can't go back to sleep once I woke up just kinda lay there in bed til it's time to get up
>never was too concerned about it
>get gf
>cuddle and sleep together one night
>usual night routine happens
>gf in the morning asks what's wrong
>clueless about what she's saying
>"you kept twitching and jerking in your sleep and mumbling stuff. what did you dream?"
>tfw rarely ever remember my dreams and the few that I do are usually hard to tell if it was a dream or something that actually happened
>since then gf has told me very single night I do this, some times even yell in my sleep
>tfw no memory of this or my dreams to help explain what is happening
she has says when I'm on that threshold of being almost asleep my twitching is the most violent and she often has to tuck blankets around my shoulders to keep my from slapping the shit out of her
>>
File: 1484274208045.jpg (47KB, 800x615px) Image search: [Google]
1484274208045.jpg
47KB, 800x615px
>>34275028
you could try not sleeping
>>
>>34275028
first the basics, do you eat right, and what times do you eat? do you get reasonable exercise,
>>
>>34275028
what do you dream cipher?
>>
>>34275327
i was a fat fuck and have been losing weight for almost a year now. i eat well and have dinner about 2 hours before bed. i exercise 5 days a week in the morning.

I also try to sleep 9 hours a night, but mostly because I keep waking up throughout the night.
>>
>>34275265
The second person inside of you is trying to escape and is totally scared and confused.
>>
>>34275028
Nightmares are the best things ever, once you wake up its all gone like that, abd you feel elated
>>
when was the last time you were in a church or holy land?
>>
>>34275265
Have you seen a doctor about it?
Also your gf sounds very understanding of it since it sounds like you didn't know about it.
>>
>>34275028
that's one thicc demon
>>
>>34275828
>Have you seen a doctor about it?
nope. wasn't really aware of any of that save the waking in the middle of the night a lot.
not really sure what a doctor can do, every time I've ever been to one they didn't really help. they seem to latch onto one symptom and give me a drug to fix that one thing. they don't seem to take in the whole picture or care about my health
just
>oh not sleeping well? here's sleeping pills
gee thanks doc that'll sure clear whatever the fuck is making me convulse at night
but I digress
>>
>>34275028
Don't eat too soon before you sleep, eating increases your metabolism which in turn will increase brain activity which may cause nightmares.
>>
>>34275028
smoke weed and you'll have no dreams
>>
its a reflection of your depressed, anxious mood during the day

people who are happy and content in life rarely get nightmares

i get nightmares every night almost because im miserable all the time and it's all my brain knows
>>
OP, I've been having nightmares for the past few years. I can't even remember what's life like without them. I've seen numerous doctors.

Possible causes:

- Overeating before sleeping
- General anxiety/stress
- pituitary gland tumor
- sleep apnea

Ruled out first three, went to psychiatrists, took meds, they didn't help at all, I don't want to take sleeping pills which I'll get addicted to.

Right now I'm saving money to do the tests for the sleep apnea. This might be the cause since most of the symptoms fit, also my so says I sometimes stop breathing for a few seconds and then take a huge breath.
>>
Try controlling your dreams. Usually when I'm having a nightmare I try to control it by thinking about good things. Do you have insomnia? Having insomnia can also be the cause of nightmares. Try melatonin for insomnia. It helps.
>>
File: 1483492755335.jpg (153KB, 1280x1040px) Image search: [Google]
1483492755335.jpg
153KB, 1280x1040px
>>34275028
Learn lucid dreaming and rape your nightmares whenever they show up
They leave you alone after a good hard dicking
>>
File: 1394238363194.jpg (48KB, 314x450px) Image search: [Google]
1394238363194.jpg
48KB, 314x450px
>died literally thousands of times in nightmares since I was a kid

I talked to a girl recently, and she said she never once died in a dream.
>>
>>34275028
>qt vamp nurse attacking me
>nightmare

pick one faggot
>>
>be in airport waiting for departure
>airport is packed
>suddenly a few random women start giving birth to random weird blob monster babies
>everyone starts panicking because it happens out of nowhere
>the people that are closest to the blob babies start getting on their knees and worshipping it
>the people farther away are scared and start running away screaming
>after a few minutes people start everyone slowly starts acting strange
>the all walk with their heads down and really slowly while muttering incoherent things
>the few people that are still sane, including me, try to find a way out of the airport
cont?
>>
>>34275090
Weed doesn't give you nightmares, painkillers do. Try not eating mayonnaise and pizza with chow mein right before you go to sleep.
>>
>dreams have been getting much more vivid lately

>dream last nigt
>I saw a dog that was mutilated and gore-y
>He was just sitting there, panting

I really want to know what the fuck my subconscious meant by this
>>
File: 1365196406196.jpg (126KB, 606x389px) Image search: [Google]
1365196406196.jpg
126KB, 606x389px
>>34275028
Learn lucid dreaming. At least enough to realize it's just a dream.
I can just skip "scenes" if they're trying to be unpleasant, one time i actually had a director's clacky thing to skip the bad parts.
>>
>>34275028
>>34280363
Oh, and see if you're not a fat fuck with sleep apnea. The bad dreams might just be you choking on your fat ass.
>>
>tell yourself before you sleep that you will dream pleasant dreams
>try to induce pleasant dreams by "starting" them with your imagination as you are falling asleep (enrich with sensory detail)
>should you experience a nightmare, concentrate as hard as you can on opening your eyes, which if successful will cause you to briefly wake up, terminating the nightmare
And like >>34280363 suggests, learn to lucid dream. You have far more control than you realise. Lucid dreaming is fun in its own right too.
>>
>>34275028

>>34275260
this, I suffer from nightmares every night, apparently its a symptom of autism, and for years they were bad, at this point its just like- well you wanna fuckin go spooky 3 headed chicken/man/thing? lets fuckin go. then you die screaming, wake up, go back to bed. its that easy
>>
>>34275160
OR A DRAWING OF A SKULL
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.