[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw too dumb to do anything harder than basic math

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 9

File: 1478670271180.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1478670271180.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>tfw too dumb to do anything harder than basic math
>>
File: tfw.png (108KB, 357x368px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
108KB, 357x368px
>tfw too intelligent to waste my time studying and going to school
>>
Its called dyscalculia, I apparently have a 4th grade math level, yet I didn't have to take remedial math courses in college.
>>
>tfw forgot how to multiply double digit numbers by each other
>>
>tfw can't do basic math while everyone else is exceeding in trigonometric equations
>>
File: brain.jpg (8KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
brain.jpg
8KB, 239x211px
>>34272462
>tfw too intelligent to do anything other than math
>>
>can't do basic math without calculator but can do calculus easily

might have something to do with parents homeschooling me for awhile and NEVER teaching me any math for 4 years
>>
>>34272462

Just do philosophy instead, it impresses Normies because it's full of lesser known words.
>>
>>34273084
>when you talk about tits-buildings and they laugh
fucking normies
>>
>>34272706
>>34272916
this.
when i was in high school i took some college preparedness test my senior year (either the SAT or ACT, i have a shit memory) and i scored in the 99th percentile for science and reading comprehension, but got in the 37th percentile in math and 17th percentile for writing.
>>
File: 1484174999708.jpg (22KB, 401x401px) Image search: [Google]
1484174999708.jpg
22KB, 401x401px
>>34272462
>tfw too dumb to do any math past statistics
I passed with a C+ and am glad I no longer have to take any more math for major... but I still feel really stupid...

>tfw people talk about Trig or Calc and you can't add anything to the conversation
>>
>>34273259
High five
>tfw got a 71 in the state-required calculus course so i'm on track for my degree now
>the only classes bringing down my overall gpa are the required maths all of which i barely passed, otherwise all my grades are good

>>34273207
Same here senpai. I had a godawful math score but got 99th percentile for the other categories.
>>
>>34273738
do you think 99th percentile is a meme or something? i've heard several people say they got 99th percentile, one would think it would be more rare. yet somehow i am pretty much awful at everything i do.
>>
>>34273955
It probably is... I don't want to question it since it made me feel good on the inside though
>>
Any of you robots found good ways of self-teaching math? I've decided to read Atomic Rockets and work out all the equations there on my own ship designs, textbook learning is too damn boring.
>>
File: 1477409913226.gif (1MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1477409913226.gif
1MB, 500x500px
>>34274061
>Any of you robots found good ways of self-teaching math?
It's different for everyone.
Whichever way keeps you interested and determined is the best way.
>>
>>34272462
Failed Lin Al once, dropped it a second times, and going in for a third. Fuck.
>>
>>34274061
I'm a high school drop out that made straight F's in school. About a month ago, I started Khan academy's math section. I'm currently working through Sheldon Axler's Precalculus text and have been supplementing it with online videos. I don't really find it boring, but your way does sound pretty cool.
>>
File: pp.png (51KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
pp.png
51KB, 657x527px
>>34272462
>couldn't tie my shoes until I was 9 years old
>couldn't remember the months of the year until I was 11
>couldn't read a clock until I was 13

how did I even graduate high school
>>
>>34272462
I those feels - went from fine in normal maths to retard instantly
>>
File: 1467125921912.jpg (15KB, 276x250px) Image search: [Google]
1467125921912.jpg
15KB, 276x250px
how 2 get gud at math?
>>
>>34272462
>Have to take remedial math courses in college
>literally going back to basic algebra
>Spend first two years catching up to college level math
>drop out before I could even take my first college level math

why did I even bother? They told me it would make everything better.
>>
>>34275475
Happened to me too. Worked my way up to calculus from pre algebra, but then completely lost my drive since even basic math consumed so much time when I took it.

>TFW normies are better at math than you

truly suffering
>>
>>34275475
>have to take 3 levels of math before i can take pre calc
i hate college so fucking much. but then again i hate everything in my life
>>
File: 1477728589400.jpg (9KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1477728589400.jpg
9KB, 180x180px
>>34274253
>one chance at life
>born a fucking brainlet

ayy lmao
>>
>>34274253
I couldn't remember the months of the year until I was like 15 and they started to matter. I moved around a lot during my life and I never had one set school with a set curriculum and all my teachers assumed it was already taught.
>>
>Be nerdy kid
>Can't even do proper math
Normies always think I know shit about computers or math PLEASE I DONT KNOW ANYTHING LEAVE ME ALONE
>>
>>34272636
came here to say its probably dyscalculia, i've got it too. sucks real bad
>>
I can't even tell time
>>
>>34274253
i still have trouble reading clocks kek

not the long arm, but the short one. i always got to count it, 5, 10, 15, etc
>>
File: i dond ged id.jpg (15KB, 307x462px) Image search: [Google]
i dond ged id.jpg
15KB, 307x462px
>>34272462
>struggle with maths, get moved down to dumber classes
>years later school let me finish maths (as well as other students) early because I got a C
>find out after I finish school that I only have a D
I was doomed from the start.
>>
>fantastic science, english, history etc student
>cannot into math
>can only barely pass math classes if I memorize specific questions instead of actually learning how to solve them
>want to be a marine biologist and not being good at math fucks me over

The college says I should apply for a math disability and replace it with two more science classes, but I feel like any place I want to get hired would be sickened by me.
>>
>>34275651
>go out to socialize with the normies
>darts come up
>immediately start shitting my pants because having to do basic math for the score
>after every turn do everything possible slower so someone faster at math just does it quickly or blurts it out

many, many times ive been in positions where im asked to calculate, and every time i am befuddled and feel like Homer in that episode he causes a nuclear meltdown.
>>
>>34275836
Just say you don't want to do the math desu. Own it and no one will care. Confidence comes from indifference.
>>
>>34272462
Same. I have been wondering, should I just kill myself? everything requires math, if you want a good paying job you have to get a degree in something that probably involves a shit load of math, like engineering. I just can't do it man, i've always been the dumb kid that can't do basic math to save his pathetic life and now i'm 22 and i'm at the point where I either learn 20 years worth of math or I choose to have a shitty life with a shitty wage job until the day i die. I would rather to just end it now.
>>
>>34275825
I don't think employers look at where your credits came from, they only look at the degree and verify that you actually got it.
>>
>>34276344
A lot ask for transcripts for recent grads
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.