[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

St johns worth?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_4938.jpg (113KB, 750x935px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4938.jpg
113KB, 750x935px
Ok robots my depression is getting pretty bad. I was diagnosed as a kid but havent done anything about it because im retarded and my parents are embarrassed of me enough. I saw an anon say pic related helps a bit? I know its not a miracle cure but have any of you tried it? What does it do?
>>
It didn't have enough of an effect on me that I can tell you for sure it wasn't placebo, but it may have provided a minor mood lift. I take it every day but fuck if I know if I'd feel any different if I stopped. I'll probably stop when I run out and order more if I feel it was having an effect.

Most studies seem to suggest it can help, though
>>
OP here
I was also wondering if it really is available at Walmart like that anon said. Or a walgreens?
>>
File: 669653b.jpg (37KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
669653b.jpg
37KB, 300x300px
>>34270114
I take virgin coconut oil

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4247320/#__sec1title

and 5-htp which is a common supplement found in any pharmacy or wal-mart next to the st-johns wart and ginkgo biloba

http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/supplement/5hydroxytryptophan-5htp

it works great for me desu, coupled that with an active lifestyle and my depression is gone or at the very kept very far away.

Also, Salvia Divinorum and Psiclocybin mushrooms for anxiety.
>>
OP, St Johns Wort is basically an herbal SSRI, so it may help some people but personally I hate the "numbness" feeling of SSRIs.
>>
>>34270197
It is, though you'll probably get better prices online. If you get it in person, try and find a drug store that has 2 for 1 on supplements
>>
>>34270197
Yup, that and all the other herbal supplements like >>34270304
should all be available at any decent store.

5-htp is also great for lucid dreaming.
>>
>>34270114
Get SAMe, it's the only supplement for depression that I remotely felt any change in my mood. I don't take it anymore because now I just smoke weed all day; but if you're not into dank nugs this would be an ok alternative
>>
>>34270410
>I don't take it anymore because now I just smoke weed all day; but if you're not into dank nugs

I'm not OP, but for me smoking weed was not great for my depression.

It did help at first, but it reached a point of diminishing returns and eventually made it worse. You reach that point of just sitting around all day getting high and watching documentaries about the end of the world and reading threads on /r9k/ and reading about whichever side of the political spectrum makes you upset whether it's the ess jay dubs or the cuck right. Weed is like a magnifying glass for your emotions and thoughts and your environment.
>>
>>34270114
Just drink the tea of it, a source says it only helps for minor depression not severe/chronic depression, but maybe that's because pharmaceutical companies do not make money with St. John's Wort, how the hell do I know?
>>
>went to the psych expecting getting hooked on on some dope SSRIs
>get prescribed St Johns wort capsules instead

reee
>>
loose weight op

or if you gonna try drug try 5-htp or do a trip of lsd
>>
>>34270114

I've tried it and it didn't really do anything. Just get a prescription for actual antidepressants.
>>
I heard that it could negatively affect your eyesight or whatever, and just decided not to take it, considering that my eyes are shit already.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.