[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /misophonia/ here?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 12

File: misophonia.jpg (468KB, 1200x848px)
misophonia.jpg
468KB, 1200x848px
I can't be the only one, lads.
>>
>>34269889
Just looked it up and I guess I have it. Whenever someone is eating and they grate their teeth against their fork I get REALLY uncomfortable and twitch
>>
File: 62805432789603928405.jpg (22KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
62805432789603928405.jpg
22KB, 306x306px
My sister has this and acts like an autist about it all the time.

If you let this """"""""condition"""""""" affect other people, please end your life.
>>
>>34269889
I flip my shit most at the sound of snoring and heavy breathing.
>>
Shit-tier normie mental disorder. You are the same type of people who have "body dysmorphia" but have no fucking clue what actually being ugly is like. It's just a side effect of your cowardly narcissistic personality.
The world is noisy and disgusting so fucking deal with it faggot.
>>
>>34269923
Me it's any type of chewing (especially gums), finger licking and nose blowing that makes me cringe and instantly gag.
>>
>>34269954
>>34270253
Stop being disgusting, you animals.
>>
>>34270253
>>34269954
Fuck off baiters
>>
File: image_63.jpg (63KB, 577x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image_63.jpg
63KB, 577x1024px
>>34269889
>Can't go outside or I want to go postal
>Can't stay inside or I'll want to kill myself
I have seriously considered deafening myself by shoving a stick all the way in my ear
>Occasionally get angry about my own eating sounds
Why has God done this to me
>>
>>34269889
>misophonia
i kinda have it i guess, but i cope with it just fine. i just try to ignore it and i succeed.

not a big deal at all.
>>
>>34269889

people
>eating
>drinking
>swallowing
>breathing
>brushing their teeth
>seeing them eat
>breathing quickly for no reason REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>breathing when I'm trying to sleep
>humming along to music
>humming at all

i've got no conditions or anything apart from being a bit impulsive but i score terribly in the sound department. most of this things even piss me off if I see it. it's not enough to drown the sound, I need to look away during dinner, feelsbad. at least I know my way around music so I've got that going
>>
File: image_48.jpg (45KB, 689x569px) Image search: [Google]
image_48.jpg
45KB, 689x569px
anyone who chews gun should be euthanized desu
>>
>>34271095
>chews gun
>>
I have that """""""""condition"""""""", but it's cringy as fuck, making a mental condition for every single thing out there.

What's next? Will there be a term for people who prefer to fold their toilet paper too?
>>
File: 1482904925143.png (69KB, 366x401px) Image search: [Google]
1482904925143.png
69KB, 366x401px
>>34269889
Reporting in, hate this shit so much. Mostly eating tho. But to extreme degrees, getting pissed off way to fast and want to punch things. These noises just activate something inside me, doesn't really matter who's eating, some guy or my grandma, I just want them to stop it asap any way possible.
>>
File: 135.png (124KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
135.png
124KB, 680x680px
>>34271132
If it's not a condition to you then you don't have it you retarded special snowflake
>Bluh bluh sounds annoy me a bit so I have misophonia
>>
I don't, but I am an autist with sensitive hearing and HATE loud noises, especially music in a car. Whenever I play vidya, the volume on my TV or computer is at 6-7 max, and too many sounds at once never fails to make me naseous. I hate the sound of chalk, and utensils scraping against a plate, and mouth breathers.
>>
>>34271147

>>34271054 here. don't let it get to your own eating habits. when I get irritated I don't take the proper time to chew the food so I swallow it early. it feels bad but it helps me cope through the idea that I'm done soon. trying to turn that around now. sometimes it even keeps on 'hanging' somewhere inbetween and I'll angrily drink something to push it down. ruins the meal, not worth it.
>>
File: barkbark.jpg (202KB, 425x282px)
barkbark.jpg
202KB, 425x282px
I have it, and I'd be one of those people that always mocked dumb conditions like this. I got in in my early 30s from living in 4 consecutive houses next to constantly barking dogs. In the 4th I learned to poison dogs quite well but I had the condition by then, it forced me to drop out of my masters because an old woman who always sat next to me constantly made HMMM HMMMMM HMMMMM sounds for every lecture.

It was either drop out or beat her to death, the college didn't give a fuck. Now the only thing that gets me these days is when dogs constantly make noise, like their nails tapping on a wooden floor or their scratching or scraping if it continues for 5+ minutes, or them barking. But any dog that continues to do that around me these days gets my special medicine and is a problem no more.
>>
>>34271224
I don't think I'm actually annoyed by my own eating. Mind that I do eat with my mouth closed, like it should be done. And yeah, trying to swallow whole piece is not good, painful even.
>>
>>34271750
I see the miscommunication here. What I meant was that you could rush your own meal so that you can leave the table ASAP and won't have to listen to other people eating. steer clear from that 'escape' and don't link eating with too much negativity because you might ruin it for yourself.

also
>Mind that I do eat with my mouth closed, like it should be done
10 times this. godspeed brah
>>
>>34271944
Ah, roger that. I'm just eating in my room, and if I'm in a restaraunt people usually do behave like they should, I'm really my dad tought me how to eat properly since I was just a wee lad.
>>
I just try to concentrate on some other sounds like TV or whatever. At restaurants or University its usually fine since people are conversing. But yeah if Im damn edgy at a random day or theres only the Sound of chewing I go nuts
>>
When I merely inform people that their mouth noises bother me due to a psychological condition they feel offended and think I'm rude for not wanting to eat with them when there are no other sounds to drown out it out.
>>
File: 1482626005500s.jpg (5KB, 250x216px)
1482626005500s.jpg
5KB, 250x216px
>>34272363
I've tried telling this to my grandma when I was like 12, got a paddling and a lecture to respect your elders.
>>
File: readletter_cdiganon.png (506KB, 1250x1674px) Image search: [Google]
readletter_cdiganon.png
506KB, 1250x1674px
>>34272363
I just realized how poorly-structured I made that post. I'm feeling disoriented.
>>
File: readletter_cdilink.png (457KB, 1250x1674px) Image search: [Google]
readletter_cdilink.png
457KB, 1250x1674px
>>34272446
* I just realized how poorly I structured that post.
>>
I can resist for about 1-5 minutes. I cant stand ppl who re loud eating. I had a lot of quarrels with my family. The metheod i deal with misophonia is laughting but is a bit paranoic
>>
>>34272579
I hit my father and told him he had been a pig when i was 13
>>
>tfw
NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! FUUUUUCK!!!!!! STOOOOP!!!!! AAAARRRRGH!!!!
>>
>>34269889
I hate people that eat really loud.
Whenever I have snack or foods I share it with everyone. Except when one of the two(or both) of my loud-eating friends are there. They eat so loud that I dont give them shit and sometimes even leave the room. One time I went over to chill with one of them and his mom came to gave us some sweets, as soon as he started eating/sucking on the sweets I left. Never ever chill 1 on 1 or with less than 4 people together when they're their. One of them asked why I didn't come over anymore. Just told him I fucking hate how loud he eats and just can't fucking stand to be around him because of it. He was sad as fuck since I'm one of the few friends he has. His fault for not being able to eat like an adult. I'm even raging right now thinking about him eating. Fuck that guy and his noises.
>>
>>34269889
>misophonia
>not oddly specific autism
>>
File: 1480384260972.gif (471KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1480384260972.gif
471KB, 512x288px
>>34273545
>He was sad as fuck since I'm one of the few friends he has.
How did he react?
>>
>>34269954
same with my sister i stopped spending time with her because of it
>>
>>34273545
You only defriend after they refuse to change their bad habit after you tell them.
>>
I don't know if I actually have it, or only get annoyed in certain situations; but I can't stand any of the noises any of my family members make, my brother especially since I share a room with him.

I only get it in public when I'm on the train, but that's because the outside world is full of obnoxious and disgusting people.
>>
>>34276159
>my brother especially
Which noises does he make?
>>
>>34276210
just the usual annoying eating/drinking noises

talks really loud

always knocking stuff down when it's quiet etc
>>
If I didn't suffer from it I would be the first person to think that someone complaining about it is just a snowflake who wants things their way.
I've never been able to eat dinner with my family, have never been able to go on dinner dates, and have to make up excuses to not go to dinner parties now that I'm an adult.
When I hear people eating I can no longer control my emotions --- it's like I become a completely different person.
I start breathing heavily and shaking, my stomach clenches and I can barely keep the volume of my voice normal. Eventually I have to make an excuse to leave the situation or else I become angry for no reason. I've lost track of the amount of times that I've cried over living like this.
Luckily my friends are understanding of this, my family only recently opened up to the possibility that I wasn't faking being upset by chewing after I was diagnosed with overly sensitive hearing and misophonia.
I'm normally a really social guy, but as soon as food gets involved it's like I have to escape.
I'm sorry that you have to live with it too, OP. I wouldn't wish misophonia on anyone.

People who are skeptical of the have every right to be. It's still a new area of study and the symptoms can easily be faked, hell, I wish that I were faking it. I don't hate my own family for believing that it was fake for twenty years.

I'm so sorry that other people have to live with this, OP.
>>
How does one get "diagnosed with misophonia"?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.