[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are you not learning how to program right fucking now? >can

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 25

File: hackerman.jpg (247KB, 671x359px) Image search: [Google]
hackerman.jpg
247KB, 671x359px
Why are you not learning how to program right fucking now?

>can learn entirely by yourself for free through the internet
>requires no social interaction, ideal hobby for a robot
>required no knowledge of advanced mathematics if you stick to fields like web development
>allows you to develop your own vidya games or tools to make your life easier/better
>can be used to program your very own VR waifu
>provides opportunities for a decent-paying job and career prospects even with no degree because there's such a massive skills deficit in this sector.
>provides opportunities for freelance, remote working and entrepreneur/startup paths if you want to be your own boss.
>provides opportunities for all manner of internet hacking, fuckery, shenanigans and crime.
>any job you get will probably involve you spending your time trying to figure out ways to automate other people's jobs and make normies redundant.
>>
>>34267581
I'm trying to learn C# but I barely have the motivation.
>>
File: 1483485634910.jpg (22KB, 375x375px) Image search: [Google]
1483485634910.jpg
22KB, 375x375px
programming is the single most boring and unenjoyable thing I did in my life
>>
>>34267676
this very much, i can't routinely do same thing every day
>>
because i gave up long ago and have no medium-term plans except drug use, vidya, and suicide. i don't see the point in learning anything when at the end of the day i'm still guaranteed to be completely alone. i don't see the point in gold diggers and trophy wives. i want what my grandparents had. and i can't have it.

i tried self-learning, i tried going back to school, it's a waste of time and effort.

and, well, because programmers are going to be competing with pajeet and chang, more so than in any other field. even with 4 of 5 of them being completely inept. there's so fucking many of them.
>>
>>34267614
You won't do anything if you sit around waiting until you're in the mood to do it. You have to make yourself start doing it, then you'll get into the mood and continue.

>>34267676
You probably did it in school. School sucks the joy out of everything.

>>34267711
>i can't routinely do same thing every day
Except read the same shitty threads on this board every day.
Also its quite varied work, if it were the same thing every day I'd have written a script to do it for me.

Nice dubs tho
>>
>>34267581
I am, but all the jobs in my area are looking for graduates and I was expelled from high school for bullshit reasons (nonviolent) so basically my entire education is derailed.
>>
>fall for the cs meme
>classrooms are full of spergs who have been programming since middle school, which sets the bar higher in terms of classroom difficulty

I mean, you don't hear about any other majors going home and and practicing their major other than what's required for homework/tests/etc, but these niggers make it their entire lifestyle
>>
>>34267795
iktf man. On a software dev course at college and since I'm older than everyone else they all learnt how to code in school. All we did in ICT was learn what dial-up was and how to use excel.
>>
File: 300px-鸠原_p.jpg (11KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
300px-鸠原_p.jpg
11KB, 300x270px
Tried to but im just not smart at all
>>
>>34267581
I want to learn. Give me a site and tell me what language to learn. I want to use it to make money ideally.
>>
>>34267734
No I programmed completely and extensively in my free time, and in retrospect it does neither bring any enjoyment nor does it aid in any way whatsoever in life. I know you're probably some college babby who bought into the game dev or web dev meme, but you do know you're at best gonna end up as a literal code monkey?
>>
>>34267774
I got expelled for a false rape claim so I sued the school district and they settled out of court. Now I just live off interest of my money I got and my part time job. You dont need a diploma to work part time online.
>>
>>34267890
https://bento.io/track/front-end
Look on /g/ for the webdev generals also.
>>
File: recruiters.png (234KB, 845x739px) Image search: [Google]
recruiters.png
234KB, 845x739px
>>34267774
The job descriptions ask for all kinds of bullshit. You ignore it all and apply anyway.

Recruiters are retarded and have no idea what a programmer even does. They're just matching keywords and hoping for the best. Build your resume for keyword saturation and don't worry about the degree.

>>34267795
>but these niggers make it their entire lifestyle
Actually the likelihood of a CS graduate actually being able to solve basic programming problems is quite hit-and-miss. That's why coding in interviews is a standard part of many companies' selection process.

That's why I said learn programming, not "go get a CS degree".

But that's kind of the point of this thread. You get into programming because its a good hobby and fun. If you don't like it then fine, but some people might like it if they try it.

>>34267890
Resources in the OP:
>>>/g/wdg
If you don't like webdev there are other routes, but webdev has the most job prospects.

>>34267892
>No I programmed completely and extensively in my free time, and in retrospect it does neither bring any enjoyment nor does it aid in any way whatsoever in life.
So if you didn't enjoy it why did you do it extensively in your spare time?

>I know you're probably some college babby who bought into the game dev or web dev meme, but you do know you're at best gonna end up as a literal code monkey?
I have a decent-paying job already in backend webdev in a small local company. Its pretty comfy.
>>
>>34267581
how do i go about getting a job?
im skilled with c++, python, php, mysql and general hacking, but way too autistic to write a proper resume and pitch myself, let alone be able to go through hr and the hiring process or deal with coworkers

wish there was some way i could work online without having to talk to anyone, and be judged by the quality of my work rather than social skills and how well i pitch myself
>>
I got a web development internship for a 3 months. Then I'm gonna make $300k starting.
>>
>>34268230
Are you legitimately diagnosably autistic or just tumblr/r9k self-diagnosed autistic?

If the latter then you can learn social skills through reading and practice, and actively working to overcome your anxiety. I did it when I was 25. Its scary but worth doing.

Resume is easy, saturate it with buzzwords and jargon to bamboozle the non-technical recruiters who will be screening resumes. You don't just know C++, Python, PHP and MySQL, you know every library and framework and tool you've ever used in conjunction with any of those things. Fill that "skills" section up with everything you know. These recruiters literally don't know the difference between Java and Javascript.

Dealing with co-workers is going to be a mixed bag because it depends on where you work. You might get some normies or douchebags, but you're more likely to find other socially awkward autists, because the industry attracts them. So you don't have to worry too much about pretending to give a shit about sports and other normie bullshit.
>>
>>34268386
legitimately diagnosed with several disabilities including high functioning autism
i tried a social skills course but they gave up on me and kicked me out

is that really all it takes? i dropped out of highschool and don't have any job experience so i think id just be dismissed
>>
File: 1417633106027.jpg (13KB, 456x512px) Image search: [Google]
1417633106027.jpg
13KB, 456x512px
>>34267581
I vaguely know how to program but it's not particularly enjoyable or interesting. It's just a means to an end.
>>
I tried, I'm too dumb for it
>>
>>34267581
I'm not starting that yet cause I just started going to the gym, and thats not enjoyable enough yet for me to want to waste another hour a day developing a new habit.
>>
>>34268453
Its worth trying anon. If you have the skills someone will probably pay you to use them.
>>
>>34267581
I programmed for about a decade as a hobby, then stopped, for a good reason. The whole point of programming is optimization; that is, how to accomplish some task with the least amount of code. It follows then, that the most optimized program is not a program at all, but a situation in which the need for a program has been eliminated.

Which is quicker? Programming a text editor, or writing on paper?

Programming makes programming obsolete.
>>
>>34268539
>is concerned about wasting another hour a day
>is actively trying to improve his life
>comes to r9k
This is counterproductive anon. Leave this place. Good luck, I hope you make it.
>>
>>34268615
I'm not leaving r9k until i get a gf. I'm not convinced I can get a gf, i dont particularly want a gf, i'm just improving myself for the sake of improving myself.
>>
Is it worth it to go to school for a computer science degree?
>>
File: 123123.jpg (24KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
123123.jpg
24KB, 480x360px
The entire programming field is filled with pajeets who get paid like $2 an hour. You will never get a job in programming it is impossible, it is completely impossible it is not and never will be possible ever again.
>>
>>34268603
>The whole point of programming is optimization; that is, how to accomplish some task with the least amount of code

It isn't really.

The point of programming is to amplify the effects of your effort by automating monotonous tasks.

>Which is quicker? Programming a text editor, or writing on paper?
Your comparison is invalid. Better would be:
Which is quicker? Programming a text editor, or cutting down a tree, shredding it into pulp, pressing it into paper, making ink and a pen, and writing on paper... And then doing that every time you want paper?

In which case I'd probably just write my own text editor, because that's actually quicker and easier.
>>
>>34268644
No. Just learn programming. You don't need to spend 4 years to gain a markettable skillset

>>34268653
This is false and you can find job listings in your area that prove it.
>>
>>34268675
>Which is quicker? Programming a text editor, or cutting down a tree, shredding it into pulp, pressing it into paper, making ink and a pen, and writing on paper... And then doing that every time you want paper?

You broke down my side of it, but not your own. This is intellectually dishonest. Have you ever tried to refine silicon? Shredding a tree is much easier.
>>
Business reality. Street shitting Indian coder = .10 cents an hour. YUO PRICED OUT FOREVER, TREV.
>>
>>34268713
I didn't ask you to refine the metal and craft the tools you would require to accomplish the rest of the steps.
>>
>>34268738
To get to the heart of the matter, computers require more infrastructure than any other technology. It's simpler to do things in real life, than to simulate them.
>>
File: pajeet.png (502KB, 485x723px) Image search: [Google]
pajeet.png
502KB, 485x723px
>>34268717
Pajeets invariably produce poo quality code, and they can never produce anything original. Also the developers in India are only doing ti for as long as it takes to get promoted into management because that's where the money and prestige is, they don't have any desire to do more than the bare minimum to get by.

Companies that outsource development work to India get exactly what they pay for; poo.
>>
>>34268760
You're using a computer right now to have this autistic argument. Why don't you walk to my house and tell me in person?
>>
>>34268822
Thinly veiled ad-hom. Try again.
>>
I'm learning C right now but I'm not even sure what kind of things I can make.
>>
>>34268849
With C? You could make an operating system kernel.

Try a higher-level language, it might be more fun.
>>
>>34268849
You can make anything with C. Don't listen to this fag >>34268885
>>
>>34268910
You can make things faster and easier with higher-level languages.
>>
>>34268885
It's for school so I have to stick with this for now. I'm just a beginner learning about the fundamentals.
I want to learn how to make graphics in the terminal. I don't quite understand how animations would work
>>
Post learning resources. Off the top of my head

Code Academy
Tutorialspoint
Solo Learn
Udacity
Coursera (some you have to pay for)
MIT OCW
>>
If you're an autismo then don't expect to get a job programming

You need to be able to communicate WELL. You'll likely be on a large team, discussing highly complex things in meetings.
>>
>>34268653
This.

Most commercial programming jobs require very little actual skill these days as it's all oop done by via the ide gui. It's becoming an obsolete career for what was the average software developer. Takes about as much skill as using Microsoft Office. There will always be a place for the programmers who know core machine language programming, but those people are rare and usually have a phd in cs.

I'm a software developer and i just do monkey work in visual studio. I spend the majority of my time writing useless unit tests.
>>
>>34268954
People like you are why bloat exists.
>>
File: 1450052165796.png (563KB, 861x990px) Image search: [Google]
1450052165796.png
563KB, 861x990px
>>34268984
>visual studio microsoft developer
>complains about being a code monkey
Yeah no shit.
>>
>>34267581
It is a good hobby but I did shadow a programmer and he said don't become one. He was one for 20+ years.
>>
>>34269028
No, people like me is why we have applications that can actually do useful things.
>>
>>34267581

i wanna make a simple 2d game, and maybe sell it on steam to make some money.

how to start? i've downloaded Game Maker and looks like a good program.

Eventually i will switch to 3d, but i don't know where i will start.
>>
>>34269084
You should form your own opinions fampai. But why did he say you shouldn't do it?
>>
>>34269119
>sacrificing elegance just to get something done quick
Absolutely disgusting. I hope a pajeet takes your job.
>>
>>34269133
Start by looking for gamemaker tutorials I guess. There's also >>>/vg/agdg

Gamedev is okay as a hobby, but don't rely on it to make money. Gamedev is hard, usually requires advanced mathematics, has the shittiest customer base and is pretty saturated because its full of /v/irgins who are "passionate" about videogames.

If you want money then make software for grown-ups. Preferably make some kind of business tool. Software as a Service (SaaS) so you get a steady income from the subscription rather than having to rely on sales.
>>
File: meeveryfuckingday.jpg (42KB, 780x780px) Image search: [Google]
meeveryfuckingday.jpg
42KB, 780x780px
>>34267581
>tfw want to be a web developer in a market over saturated with stronk womyn and pajeets
>tfw only have an associates degree in CS
>tfw don't have a portfolio besides my shitty FCC codepen projects
>>
>>34269206
There's no danger of anyone taking your job since you're obviously unemployed and just spend your days writing """elegant""" C algorithms that do thingsthat could have been accomplished in 5 lines of Python.
>>
>>34267795
My classes are the exact opposite, I've only been programming for roughly 2 years now and the people in my classes are pretty clueless, despite taking prerequisite comp sci courses already. I'm pretty much a retard and I still have more skill then the majority of them.
>>
>>34269292
Portfolio doesn't matter. Just throw some basic tutorial-tier code up on Github to show employers that you at least know what version control is. Then apply to jobs.

Degrees are worthless, and resume should be filled with buzzwords.
>>
>>34267581
Because I already do to some extent and I'm terrible at it

Programming requires immense focus because the smallest error could either make something awesome and amazing or screw everything the fuck up and cause intense chaos

Ironically its the same for a car or even the human body or life in general, the smallest thing could save everyone or screw everyone over
>>
>>34269332
I know html/css/Javascript and some C/C++, I also have some experience with API's and js libraries like jQuery. Am I hireable if I can just learn version control?
>>
>>34269390
Yeh probably. If you can solve fizzbuzz and other programming challenges then you're better than most of the dipshits that apply for developer roles, there's literally no reason not to apply if you have even basic programming ability.

As I said in another post, ignore the requirements listed on job descriptions and apply anyway, they're written by non-technical recruiters who don't know what the fuck they're talking about. Saturate your resume with keywords, buzzwords, libraries, langauges, frameworks, tools etc for them to trigger on, because that's literally all they do to find candidates. Recruiters are fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1465575937518-b.png (325KB, 510x360px) Image search: [Google]
1465575937518-b.png
325KB, 510x360px
>>34267581
I here it takes alot of reading and I can't read heavily for more then 5 minutes before I start getting a massive headache.. it takes alot out of someone who is really dyslexic I do want to actually though.
>>
>>34269372
Intense chaos is a somewhat melodramatic way to describe errors. You sound like you need to relax, and find a better workflow. A good IDE or even a basic linter should have some safeguards that catch obvious errors for you.
>>
>>34269488
How long do you spend reading posts on this board?

But yeah I don't like reading books that much, there are a ton of video tutorials and lectures tho on youtube and other sites, I recommend watching/listening to those.
>>
>>34269242

My intention was to get a degree in computer science and find work in a studio like Naughty dog honestly. I'd be interested also in graphic design, since i heard that these people make a ton of money.
>>
File: 1465321812090-b.jpg (75KB, 612x960px) Image search: [Google]
1465321812090-b.jpg
75KB, 612x960px
>>34269550
This is what I meant by heavy reading because I read supper slowly... like ok this isn't bad because it's just one paragraph and I don't have to pay attention to it I also don't spend any significant amount of time on 4 Chan because of this and I don't even go to redit because waaaaaay to much reading for me... also reading all of it to make sure I got everything with a textbook or learning a new language pretty much that shit is intense and dense reading. But the online tutorials via YouTube I could check out.
>>
>>34269680
I've never heard anything good about working in the professional games industry. I wouldn't go for it personally, but if that's what you want to do then good for you.

Still you don't need a degree to be employable. Might be better to teach yourself, get any programming job, then transition into vidya later, free of debt and with actual work experience.
>>
Because I already know how. I have done many things over the years but now I just make video games because it's all I ever wanted to do in the first place.
>>
>>34269785
Do you build games from scratch or use an engine?
>>
>>34267581
Where can I start?
>>
File: 1472187037577.png (22KB, 268x248px) Image search: [Google]
1472187037577.png
22KB, 268x248px
I tried but I'm shit at math and it makes my head hurt
>>
>>34269806
From scratch because that's where the fun is. But I have been meaning to learn how to use an engine because I want to make 3D games but I'm not cool enough to make my own 3D engine.
>>
>>34269837
>shit at math
Do web development then.

>>34269833
>>>/g/wdg
Links in the OP.
>>
File: 1480386689020.gif (8KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1480386689020.gif
8KB, 645x773px
he makes it sound so fun and easy to jump into. last time i was in a programming class i failed miserably because i couldn't get into the "logical thinking" mindset
>>
File: 1484797285415.jpg (160KB, 505x1864px) Image search: [Google]
1484797285415.jpg
160KB, 505x1864px
But i don't know what to use?
There is so many.
Python, Java #C etc...
>>
File: image.jpg (179KB, 920x960px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179KB, 920x960px
>>34270191
Lol @ that image. It's got layers
>>
File: education.gif (107KB, 780x409px) Image search: [Google]
education.gif
107KB, 780x409px
>>34270117
>programming class
Schools are fucking shit at teaching programming. That's why there's a massive lack of programmers.
>>
>>34270191
Doesn't matter. The principals of one transfer well to others. Start with Python, its beginner friendly.
>>
File: FelixArgyle_bendKiss.png (88KB, 189x267px) Image search: [Google]
FelixArgyle_bendKiss.png
88KB, 189x267px
>>34267581
>Implying I don't practice programming daily
>Implying I'm not wearing thigh highs as we speak
>Implying I don't post traps while I'm on break

Well isn't this quite the conundrum
>>
>>34270968
tfw no qt programming trap
>>
>>34267581
you could use 1/8th the effort to do all that to cure your anxiety and learn another easier profession. Or better yet you could become a master of bagging groceries and you'd probably get more praise and an easier life than a programmer.
>>
>>34270512
To make it even worse I was at a CC
>>
>>34270968
Becoming a girl is the best part of computer science
>>
>>34270968
>Implying I'm not wearing thigh highs as we speak

We know you only do that to improve your programming ability, anon.
>>
>>34268954
>ywn be faster than a well designed assembly algorithm.
>ywn sit down and learn it because muh higher levels.
>ywn be a truly great programmer.
>>
>>34270968
>Implying I don't post traps while I'm on break

Only if they're members of your coding team, anon.
>>
>>34267581
>required no knowledge of advanced mathematics
>allows you to develop your own vidya games
Wrong, unless you wanna make some garbage like all the indie shit that is currently flooding the market
>>
>>34271941
>Becoming a girl is the best part of computer science

The exhibitionist slut part is optional though, right? One can be CS graduate and pure at the same time?
>>
>>34268804
Fuck, I thought it was just me. I work with an Indian guy (web designers but same shit really). All he ever does is rip off shit he finds on Dribbble and feeds it to the boss like its of any substance and they eat it up every time.

Can't do a fucking line of CSS without asking me though. Doesn't even get basic HTML. Its retarded.
>>
I wouldn't know the first place to begin looking at how to get into programming, its funny though because the other day I was thinking about how I should probably start trying to learn how to.
>>
>>34272625

youtube tutorials
>>
>>34272308
>Wasting time instead of using magical crossdressing coding powers to make something good to get rich off.
Is this why trannies can't seem to make a single good game?
>>
>only enjoy database progamming
>absolutely hate all other sorts of actual programming (java, c#)
Anyone else know this feel?
>>
>>34267581
>No motivation
>Would take fucking forever
>Hours of time spent not having fun on a PC

Yeah no. I'd rather be using a GoDaddy website builder to scam small businesses out of thousands making them think I'm some genius.
>>
Realistically how long would it take to learn coding to a level I could impress some normie Human Resource staff?

Also this sounds childish but is learning to hack systems something that comes along with languages like Python or will I need to study up on other areas?
>>
>>34272750
>GoDaddy website builder
Teach me your ways anon-kun. I need some income in case my NEETbux won't be granted to me.
>>
>>34272774
If you learn about web development, database programming, and server administration, you will naturally learn many of the ways commonly used to hack into things.
>check apache error logs
>all them failed phpmyadmin requests and port scanners
>>
>>34267676
You're not doing it right then

Programming isn't about typing code / deliberate data entry, the complete and total opposite. We have computers to perform deliberate / redundant tasks and programming languages are just a framework made for humans to make it all come to fruition

You're probably coming at it the wrong way if you think it's borinmg
>>
>>34267581
>>provides opportunities for all manner of internet hacking, fuckery, shenanigans and crime.

I am criminaly minded. What is best to learn how to hack?
>>
>>34267581
Because I already can
and have a job doing so :^)
>>
I'm currently about to drop out of college (and I didnt like it anyway). Now I'm thinking about learning webdev with the /g/ general during my upcoming neet days.

Is freelance remote working viable if I'm not living in the USA?
>>
>>34268963
Free Code Academy
Khan Academy has a programming section
Code Combat
>>
>>34274640
Whoops. Meant Free Code Camp.

https://www.freecodecamp.com

Takes over 2000 hours to complete.

https://www.freecodecamp.com
>>
Where's the best place to learn online?
>>
>>34274678
As you can tell by my inability to post things correctly, I'm not a programmer myself. This looks like I'm spamming the site.

I'd love to program an AI that could destroy humanity/love me. I think that requires math heavy computer science skillz, though.
>>
>>34267581
>required no knowledge of advanced mathematics if you stick to fields like web development
let's face it, you don't need to know math to program at all though
>>
>>34267581
>>allows you to develop your own vidya games or tools to make your life easier/better
>>can be used to program your very own VR waifu
>>provides opportunities for a decent-paying job and career prospects even with no degree because there's such a massive skills deficit in this sector.
>>provides opportunities for freelance, remote working and entrepreneur/startup paths if you want to be your own boss.
>>provides opportunities for all manner of internet hacking, fuckery, shenanigans and crime.
>>any job you get will probably involve you spending your time trying to figure out ways to automate other people's jobs and make normies redundant.

Well I don't want to do any of that shit and I don't have the right type of intelligence for that.

Programming being an easy cash cow is such a millenial meme.

I fell for the hype of easy web development - that's not even programming that's just basic coding - and even that was enough to make me want to kill myself.

I'm instead going to work in audio and music which is what I should have done 10 years ago.
>>
File: zigglerwelp.jpg (108KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
zigglerwelp.jpg
108KB, 650x366px
The OSS community is full of dirty communists & you have to rely on donations from thankless autists if you ever hope to keep your servers running. It's never worth it & the maintenance & upkeep you have to put into said projects is a soulcrushing fact of life when it comes to the job, & it depresses & makes me angry, which is why I don't do it anymore & why I have a more fun & better paying job.
>>
>>34267581
self taught programmer here.

anyone can learn hte main thing is just start writing code. don't feel bad if you don't write code a day or not that much hell most my time programming is in short 30 minute to an hour bursts. do a couple of them a day and you're on the right track.

be warned you'll start thinking about programming and hte problem you're trying to solve throughout the day. sometimes it'll plague you but once you get that solution you'll be overjoyed. it's almost like a high and i'm sure many in silicon valley no that feeling. we all cahsing the code high.
>>
File: 1483850514665.jpg (75KB, 730x660px) Image search: [Google]
1483850514665.jpg
75KB, 730x660px
>major in cs
>six figures starting
>>
File: 1441091119683.png (732KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1441091119683.png
732KB, 1024x576px
>major in maths
>300k starting
>>
>>34272716
You mean SQL development or just working with databases?
>>
i can program pretty well and have been doing it for years but i could never get hired
sad because i like it too. it's stressful but relaxing at the same time.
>>
>>34275434
why do you say you couldnt get hired?
>>
>>34275501
applied to a bunch of places but never made it past the trashman (lack of degree/experience maybe) except for one place, but they had alot more experienced candidates and didnt seem too interested in me.
>>
Because the autismos will always be better than me.

Also, I'd like to get a gf at some point.
>>
>>34268984
you're fucking retarded. programming is the number one job field going into the future a lot of jobs are about to be automated by the robots and code.

commercial programming jobs require very little skill is just a lie. you have to know what the fuck you're doing. look at any source code of any commercial microsoft, games, w/e have you and you'll see literallys 10000s of lines of code that is well written, documented, and tested. maybe you read a programmer from way back when saying programmers nowadays have it easy becauses of how good computers are (so code doens't need to be as optimized) and maybe also the fact that programmers have made other programmers tons of frameworks, and all the extensive libraries that most languages have. back in teh day programmers didn't have any of that a lot of stuff had to be made from scratch from them, nowadays you ahve libraries so you don't have to reinvent the wheel.
>>
File: 2d-waifu-comic.png (167KB, 780x832px) Image search: [Google]
2d-waifu-comic.png
167KB, 780x832px
>>34275636
>Because the autismos will always be better than me.

But desu arent you already in an autism board? Besides, 3DPD
>>
>>34268984
>it's all oop done by via the ide gui.
Hack the gibson.
You're an idiot.
>>
File: 1484164904286.png (127KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1484164904286.png
127KB, 601x508px
>>34267581
im too dumb for it
>>
>>34267581
Because its fucking boring, i have no interest or desire to do it.
>>
What's the most useful language to learn? I've been thinking of getting into coding lately but I'm totally clueless and don't want to end up learning some useless language
>>
>>34276164
>I've been thinking of getting into coding

Don't bother then.

You have to be a totally autistic math genius and love coding for you to get some use out of it.

It's not something that you kind of think about maybe getting into if you want to turn it into a career.
>>
>>34276164
Depends on what you want to do.
https://bento.io/tracks Has multiple paths to follow depending on what you'd like. If your aim is to be employable quickly, go front end/web dev.
>>
>>34276308
You hardly use any math in most coding, even "mathy" coding is usually just basic linear algebra, algebra, prob/stat, etc.
>>
>>34276525
You still have to have that same type of intelligence. Math or coding is still logic and pattern-based and obsessing over every last little detail, i.e. nothing in your program works because you forgot to close a bracket or made a single typo.

Saying that it's easy and everyone can do it is one of the biggest memes of our generation, especially when the market is already flooded as it is.
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.