[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Derealization/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 4

Any anons have experience with this?

>Started about 1 year ago
>Feel like I'm constantly in a dream world, nothing has a distinct quality and everything kind of blurs together
>Feel like an actor in my own body, like I'm playing a video game and watching things happen rather than being an active participant in it.
>Frequently find myself pausing and asking 'What the hell am I doing?' and completely losing train of thought/action.

It has pretty much destroyed any quality of life. Days are insufferable and the only respite I can get from it is sleep. I feel like I have tried everything to stop it, including abstaining from everything including alcohol coffee etc.

Does it get better or should I commit seppuku now?
>>
I found peace in mine. It's just consciousness
>>
I get it from caffeine, nicotine, alcohol, stress and especially weed. Unfortunately I haven't been able to stop smoking cigarettes and stress is not something I can control.
Do you also feel like your derealization gets worse during sunset or is that just me?
>>
>>34265640
I had it for 6 months one time. For me, antidepressants were the magic bullet. Get help OP, this problem does not resolve itself.
>>
Is this limited to where you are?
When I'm at home, I feel perfectly fine, but when I go outside - especially for nightwalks that I do often - it doesn't feel real at all. I'm not 100% on what it is, though.
>>
>>34265640
I had it after clearing 4 bongs hits consecutively, my Sophmore year of Highschool. It goes away after like 2 weeks, but the anxiety will remain for the following 2-6 months

I remember it was really scary and obnoxious to constantly feel like nothing was real, and being in Space and floaty all the Damn time, but it's mostly an Anxiety thing.

The longer you think about it, the longer it'll stay.

You have to find something to take your mind off of it, to beat it. For me it was like Skyrim I think. I remember playing it, and being so immersed that all of my anxiety went away. But as soon as I stopped playing it, it returned

But just try and focus on having fun. Though in your case it might be more extreme
>>
>>34265857
>>34265640
I forgot to mention, that that feeling is a product of Depression. It's one of the many mechanisms your body uses to cope with extreme anxiety.

Do you recall anything traumatic happening before you began experiencing these symptoms?
>>
>>34265640
Get a therapist.
You sound really depressed.
>>
>>34265741
It's there all the time anon. I find if I close my eyes and sleep for 30 minutes, its better afterward however this is not at all practical.

>>34265784
I don't know what to say to the doctor. 'Hey, nothing feels real can I have the drugs ayy lmao'.

>>34265857
I find things that require intense concentration help, but as soon as I stop doing them the feelings return. It helps to distract, but does not solve the root cause.
>>
Yeah, I remember this happening to me when I was like fucking 12. Kept telling everyone I met that I couldn't "see" them like an autist.
>>
File: gondola087 shower.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
gondola087 shower.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
>>34265640
Yeah, got it from weed
I snapped out of it after like 4 months.
I barley remember that time it's like it happened to someone else.
>>
>can't recognize myself in the mirror
>feel like I'm experiencing life through third person

Yep, I've got.
Smoked a couple of times two years back and never recovered.
>>
I've had this problem not too long ago. Do things you identify yourself with and act accordingly to your subconciousness self.
>>
>>34265640
I get something similar, but only for a few minutes at a time.

Idk why, but its whatever tbqh
>>
>>34265922
Ask for a referral to a psychiatrist, dipshit. They'll know what to do
>>
>>34265902
I lived abroad in Asia for 2 years. For whatever reason this city I chose to work in was full of junkies. They were good people but had severe problems. I ended up getting close to a few. One was arrested and another died - his corpse was found in his bed overdosed on opiates. I suffered a lot of grief during this time but was also hounded by suspicious police, who assumed everyone connected to these 2 people must also be junkies. It was a very fucked up time to say the least.
>>
>>34265640
I get that from time to time, it's just a symptom of anxiety. Just ignore it and it goes away eventually. It's just a weird feeling, it's not like it's going to kill you or anything, I don't see why people freak out over it so much.
>>
>>34265951
>I barley remember that time it's like it happened to someone else.
this
all my memory of that time is blurry as fuck

also i developed legit social anxiety after i snapped out of it

>>34265981
imo no one experiencing derealization would go to a psychiatrist on his own.
>>
>>34265996
Did that cause you extreme anxiety, for perhaps a long time, because that could have triggered it.

My derealization comes back once every blue moons, on Really bad days, or whenever I have suicidal thoughts. It's a coping mechanism to me now, because whenever I go through it, I don't have any anxiety, because nothing feels real anymore, and everything feels silly and like vanity
>>
>>34265914
I wouldn't describe myself as a sad person, at the moment I feel incredibly flat.
>>
>>34266052
THIS THIS THIS
I Legit had anxiety for an Entire Year afterwards. It got to the point where I became super anti social to the point where being around people made me physically sick
>>
Depersonalization for more than a year. Shit's tough, but somehow dealing with it, and having a relatively normal life.
>>
>>34266067
I think its entirely possible that event did trigger it and this was a way of distancing myself from the shit happening in my environment. However now I want to get back to having a life and feel at home within my own skin again, which unfortunately has not seemed to happen.
>>
yeah it feels like my life is a movie and i'm just sitting back watching it play out
it makes everything really easy to be honest
>>
I don't know if this counts but sometimes I'll leave my house to drive somewhere and 45 minutes later I realize I'm there without remember a single thing about the drive. Maybe just more of a mental autopilot thing but scary as hell.
>>
>>34266052
>imo no one experiencing derealization would go to a psychiatrist on his own.
I did. Your opinion is shit, imo
>>
>>34265640
I've had it for ~6 years now and it's slowly getting worse. I fully expect to die like this.
>>
>>34266175
What did they recommend?
>>
Hasn't happen recently but its bizarre when you are driving, being a plane pilot but the plane is on autopilot but your body's the plane.
>>
>>34266127
It's because you're depressed and bored. I know because I've been exactly where you have OP. Go find something that gives your life meaning, and makes you feel something more than nothingness. It's hard, but you have to go after something. A girl, a Job, Property, it doesn't fucking matter, You should know that all too well by now.

The Drive alone for something meaningful will cure you. Just like it did me. You're bored
>>
>>34265640
If I felt like I was just playing a video game I would be doing all kinds of shit I'm too pussy or lazy to do now

If you're playing Sims or whatever it's fucking easy to tell what the logical thing to do is. This fucker is getting fat, go work out you fat slob. Oh shit Stacy is outside, go hit on her. And in real life I just sit behind this fucking screen knowing I should be doing other stuff.

Try to use it for something productive dude
>>
OP, it's created by having an anxiety disorder, fix that and your DR will go away.

DR is actually a survival mechanism for when you are in life threatening situations, you mind detaches itself from the body because to get away from the traumatic situation a bit.
>>
>>34266222
Trips of truth, I told him that too.
>>
>>34265902
Anhedonia is different from derealization
>>
>>34266196
CBT, antidepressants, the usual combination of therapies. DP/DR is the brain's way of booting in safe mode. A well-trained professional can and will snap you out of it, you have to put your faith in it though. 90% of psychological medicine is believing that it works
>>
Man I was the most normal cunt till i started doing acid.

At the time I thought it was so good and that I understood everything then a couple of bad trips later and I only leave the house every couple of weeks when my friends convince me and Im fucking terrified of people.

This happened nearly two years ago and I have never recovered. I dont feel like myself, its impossible to put into words but it happened on the acid trip and I havent been me since.
Used to smoke weed daily but I cant anymore because its just a panic attack in a cone these days.

really I miss girls and sex but I am just fucking awkward now
>>
>>34266220
yeah you get the idea
>>34266151
me^

i do all kinds of crazy shit because it feels like my life is GTA5
>>
>>34266280
>CBT

I'm not sure what cock and ball torture has to do with this but I'm open to anything
>>
>>34266269
Yah I know, what's your point?
>>
>>34266215
>You're bored

Yes I realize this but its not like I have been stationary. I have tried everything and constantly look for self-development but the sensation is defeating. Over the past year, I learned mechanics, a new language, learned to play classical guitar to a high level and obtained a good job. However nothing seems to help - the sensation always returns.
>>
>>34266295
Thank you anon, I appreciated the laugh.

>>34266280
I will go see a doctor soon.
>>
>>34266295
Lol'd, but on a more serious note, cognitive behavioral therapy is a pretty powerful technique
>>
>>34266309
But did you actually have fun doing any of those things? No. Find something that actually brings you pleasure. It can't be something vain like sex or Drugs. It has to be genuine happiness
>>
>>34266292
I've been trying to achieve this for quite a while, kind of trying to see myself as my mind, and my body as some random-ass actor I'm just controlling in a game. I can always min-max pretty good in games, but not in my own life, which is retarded.

Any tips on achieving zenlike godhood senpai?
>>
>>34266269

Yeah this sounds more like dissociation/depersonalization. OP, if you didn't take any drugs lately you just have a personaltiy disorder
>>
>>34266342
>did you actually have fun doing any of those things

I don't find pleasure in anything.
>>
>>34266326
>I will go see a doctor soon
You won't regret it. Godspeed OP
>>
>>34266384
Read the rest of the post

originiininl
>>
>>34265640
It happened to me pretty intensely when I smoked some very strong weed. After about two days I still felt off my body and I gotta admit, I was pretty scared. I felt I was going to drift away from 'me' at any moment.

It went away on its own when I stopped thinking about it, though I'm not saying it in a "lol think other thoughts" way, just that in my case it seemed to have to do with paranoia and compulsive thoughts. I assume you've looked up on it? Joined forums and see what works for other people, try that advice out, etc.?
>>
hHAHAHAHA HOW CAN YOU SUFFER FROM SOMETHING FROM SOMETHING THAT ISN"T EVEN REAL?
>>
>>34266562

but reality is real

or is it?

What is reality?
>>
>>34266562
Do people remember when trolls actually put effort in on this board?
>>
>>34266588
No

Origami oregano
>>
>>34266343
I think it was a reaction to my shitty life, I ended up dissociating when I was like 14 in much the same way that you'll see the trannies describe it
The problem is now I'm just some rando adult male
nobody cares about ugly ass adult male faggots, why would I care either? I'm just one among billions of generic rando anon faggots that nobody cares about.
>>
Same happens to me all the time, I just ignore everything and remind myself that all of this will end someday. I keep getting drunk, eating junk unhealthy food, because in the end, it's the only thing that brings me happiness on this shitty life I'm living. You're not alone, OP
>>
>>34265640
its the best feeling in the world. Or rather out of this world..
>>
>>34266613
t. tumblr tripfag
>>
>>34265741
>Do you also feel like your derealization gets worse during sunset or is that just me?
I hated sunsets when I was a kid for this reason. Everything stopped seeming real, like I was moving in some sort of cloud.

Mostly gone now since I've accepted that sunsets are inevitable but it fucked me up for a good long while
>>
>>34266610
>>34266613
there are two different ways to react to this though
you can get drunk and eat junk food and let your body turn to shit OR you could treat your body like a video game character that you need to grind exp for
>>
>>34265914
Good thing you're not a therapist you dumb fuckin idiot
>>
>>34266665
Back to plebbit, you inbreed fuck

Oregon is on the west coast of the US
>>
File: Mountain Dew2.jpg (36KB, 640x853px) Image search: [Google]
Mountain Dew2.jpg
36KB, 640x853px
13 years and still going strong.
>>
>>34266903
>having emotions while experiencing derealization
fuck off normie, i saw you in other threads you're a huge faggot
>>
>>34267065
Why are there so many namefags

This is supposed to be an anonymous board

How do you live with yourself?!
>>
File: 1477570318027.jpg (67KB, 600x515px) Image search: [Google]
1477570318027.jpg
67KB, 600x515px
>>34265640
I did, as a short lived episode. I spent a few days after a terrible breakup feeling like life was a movie or a dream. I could barely speak to other people and I felt strangely detached from the world. It can happen in moments of extreme stress to normal people, but in your case it sounds as if you may have a disorder. If you're willing to talk things out with a therapist you might be able to pinpoint the source of the problem and get rid of it. Sorry you're feeling this way anon, life is much better than that and I hope things normalize.
>>
>>34267190
We made this place newfag
>>
i started noticing this around the same time my anxiety went off the charts.

i'm pretty much broken at this point. i have a panic attack trying to deal with people i don't know. not sure where i'm going to find work.

i just try to smoke a lot of weed and drink a lot of booze to counteract it, even though it probbably does more harm than good to my head.
>>
>>34267257
Just hide your name, Jew. Do you want an upvote?
>>
>>34267310
please if you will kind sir
>>
>>34265640
I've seen threads on this a few times now, what do you mean by everything blurs together? I've gotten to the point where literally everything seems to blur together for me, like I barely remember what day it is anymore and I can't remember if I've done shit or if I just imagined it, I have to check everything I do 3-4 times just to make sure I've actually done it. But I kind of just figured that's a combination of shitty memory and sleep schedule
>>
>>34265640
Literally same here, Anon. It started about 1 year ago, i just feel like i am not really here and i'm separated from my own body and the outside world. I have no idea what to do about this
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.