[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lack of empathy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: 1484629588841.png (17KB, 270x195px) Image search: [Google]
1484629588841.png
17KB, 270x195px
Who else /emotionless/ here?

>sister is upset about something
>don't know what to do
>can't feel anything
>sit quietly listening to her sob
>eventually force self to show sympathy or pretend I care

Why am I like this?
>>
>>34262227
sounds like low emotional intelligence
>>
>>34262249
>emotional intelligence
spot the oxymoron
>>
>>34262287
>spot the oxymoron
More like spot the pleonasm. It takes a certain level of intelligence in order to be able to "read" emotions correctly and act accordingly.
>>
File: 1251229688-Black-Music-Club_7.jpg (28KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1251229688-Black-Music-Club_7.jpg
28KB, 500x376px
>>34262227
iktf OP

>mother is crying
>don't know what to do
>don't care either
>go downstairs, grab pepsi, shitpost and hide until mum stops being hysterical
>>
maybe you have many people who open themselves with you.
things like this happen to me very rarely and i tend to appreciate the moment just because i'm feeling worth for them. even if they are almost strangers for me (eg. online friends)
>>
>>34262249
>emotional intelligence
t. tumblrina
>>
>>34262227

That doesn't sound particularly odd, Anon. It's not like you're a latent psychopath or anything.

Sometimes it's just difficult to know what to say, because perhaps the cause for someone's upset is too significant and simply beyond your frame of reference, or potentially the inverse where it just seems so trivial that you feel like hand waving it away.
>>
>>34262227
Hug her anon comfort her. I wish I had a sister that would talk to me or anyone really...
>>
>>34262351
What if you can read them correctly but just don't give a shit about that person so you don't react?
>>
>>34262351
What if you can read emotions, but don't care to act "correctly"?
>>
>>34262351
op isn't describing emotional IQ you retard

>knows they're upset but doesn't care (op)
vs
>doesn't know they're upset but would care

It takes a certain level of intelligence in order to be able to "read", period.
>>
>>34262380
>>34262386

If you don't care about social conventions, you might be depressed, a sociapth or on the spectrum.
>>
>>34262414
>and act accordingly

Seems to me as if you aren't able to "read" properly. Period.
>>
>>34262378

Also this, if a girl's crying, hug them. Unless you smell like wank and fear then she probably won't mind.

Try not to get a stiffy though, that they definitely won't like.
>>
>>34262227
Your family never cared about you when you were young. Also if you are a true robot you can't really relate to normie problems.
>>
I rarely experience emotions other than amusement, annoyance, and ennui these days.

I remember a time when I felt other things, when I cared and was curious about other people. Now I'm just empty, amusing myself while waiting for the end.
>>
>>34262432
That was your own false input. Go read the definition again.
>>
>>34262473
>Go read the definition again.

Literally "just google it". Nice argument, faggot.
>>
>>34262480
>tries to give diagnoses but doesn't even comprehend what he's talking about

Go back to /b/
>>
>>34262415
I'm probably just autistic lol
>>
>>34262510
You should work on your emotional intelligence instead of meme posting like there's no tomorrow.
>>
>>34262527
Remember, autism is a spectrum like gender. Most people have some autistic tendencies.
>>
>>34262227

>sister

not really sure it's in one's nature to give a shit about their siblings problems unless it directly affects them desu
>>
>>34262249
That isn't my malfunction.

>>34262435
I did hug her. Couldn't feel anything then either.
>>
>>34262415
What if I have legitimately tested negative for all those mental problems?
>>
>>34262685
Then maybe you're just an edgelord?
>>
>>34262362
Why don't you ask you'RE mom what's wrong so you both can tackle the situation as a team
>>
File: 1483521191572.jpg (9KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1483521191572.jpg
9KB, 180x180px
>dad was electrocuted at work
>felt worried but didn't become upset
>thought about it, returned to room, lost the thought playing vidya

Am I sick?
>>
>>34262701
Probably, I can be a bit of a contrarian
>>
>>34262227
where can I find similar pictures to this they're cute
>>
I completely relate, OP. I have extremely low empathy. I can tell when someone's upset etc, but I don't feel anything for them or relate, nor do I give a fuck. And I don't do anything to comfort them, because I just don't care.
>inb4 edgy
>>
>>34262951
Mizuki via tomo-chan
>>
>>34262986
>>34262227
>>34262362

You all should be put down before becoming serial killers.
>>
>>34262551
>Remember, autism is a spectrum like gender
>autism is a spectrum like gender
>spectrum like gender

lol no, you're male or female
>>
Iktf OP

Over the years I've learned how to hide my lack of empathy. You need to watch chick flicks. A female character will usually breakdown at some point in the movie. Pay attention to how other characters behave and what they do to comfort them.

I used to think people were pretending to feel empathy. I once thought that if I pretended to comfort them they would know I didn't care and I was acting.

I usually just ask them if theres anything I can get for them so I can leave to fulfil their request. If they don't ask for anything make them a tea and get them a box of tissues.

So far I have lost numerous family pets, grandparents an uncle and done a number of long goodbyes. Haven't felt bad at all.

When people cry near me I just feel awkward.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.