[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is SPD male/BPD female the mental illness supercouple of the

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: 1433972718865.jpg (140KB, 1186x1049px) Image search: [Google]
1433972718865.jpg
140KB, 1186x1049px
Is SPD male/BPD female the mental illness supercouple of the 21st century?

Thicc unrelated.
>>
>>34252231
UNFFFFFFF
FUCKING THICCCCC
>>
>>34252231
Why SPD?
>>
File: 1482082006004.jpg (555KB, 1079x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1482082006004.jpg
555KB, 1079x1920px
>>34253010
>SPD
>the disorder where you don't feel shit
>BPD
>the disorder where you feel too much shit

produces a balanced lifestyle right?
>>
>>34252231
Only if schizotypals and schizophrenics (male) are perfect for sociopaths (female)
>>
>>34252231
Negatory. I have SPD, ex GF had BPD. We struggled to give eachother up, but we never really got along for obvious reasons.
>>
BRRAAAPAPPPPPPPFFFTDTDDTDD
>>
>>34253872

Not op. Right, I think they struggle a lot bc obvious incompatibilities but at same time, SPD (typically men) admire the bpd woman's ability to appear social and extroverted and apparently so "alive" & the bpd admires the spd's apparent ability to control themselves & apparent stability.

Of course the bpd isn't really extroverted in the sense the spd things and the spd isn't really in control of themselves, if they were then they'd have more motivation & have less apathy (which is prolly what gives the look of stability)
>>
>>34253493
You just awakened me to the fact that this describes my current relationship to a T.
>>
No. I'm a BPD female who dated an SPD male. His low emotional reactivity initially was calming and centering when I was losing my shit, but eventually I couldn't take how little attention he paid me.

Bad match. BPD females usually are attracted to narcs or sociopaths, actually.
>>
SPD, as in sensory processing disorder? Sounds a lot like a manic pixie dream girl + autist situation.
>>
>>34255211
The problem with sociopaths is that they'll often pump and dump you. They can be a great match if you monitor their actions like a hawk though.
>>
>>34255248
schizoid personality disorder original
>>
BPD would get bored of SPD after a while.
>>
>>34255376

But schizoid people don't really want relationships in the same way normal people do right? Seems like it would be difficult to get them to have sex or really act romantic at all.
>>
The interest in personality disorders on /r9k/ recently is interesting, I remember when no one really talked about them the same way. BPD is the new autism lel, everyone says they want a girl with BPD.
>>
>>34253581
might have dated a female sociopath
kek
>>
>>34255413
Most people with SPD are torn between wanting to be needed and not wanting to need anyone themselves.

While BPD is often characterized by an extreme fear of abandonment and a strong need to attach to a person.

People with SPD tend to have autistic thought patterns and a very strong sense of self at the expense of being able to really understand other people. People with BPD have a very tenuous sense of self often patched up by dangerous living. People with SPD are incredibly passive, focusing more on fantasy than reality while people with BPD are extremely impulsive
>>
>>34255551
We're all growing older in isolation which generally causes mental illnesses to run a bit wild. Most robots are some degree of mentally ill.

Men are about 3x as likely to have SPD, women are about 3x as likely to have BPD.
>>
File: makesmethink2.jpg (232KB, 979x832px) Image search: [Google]
makesmethink2.jpg
232KB, 979x832px
>>34255593

I often wonder if I have SPD. Don't want to self-diagnose but at first glance I hit a lot of the symptoms
>>
>>34255707
You don't really develop a personality disorder later in life, as you get older. I think it's just all the talk of them, it started off less, and has grew. People find them interesting.
>>
>>34255743
To be fair, SPD is the one major personality disorder that psychologists themselves aren't sure about. Basically the debate boils down to

-It's a personality type because we can't really establish co-morbidity with anything really negative. SPD is extremely rare in a clinical setting though so it may just be a self selecting sample issue (people with SPD don't typically give enough of a fuck to seek treatment). But from what clinical studies have been done, people with SPD aren't any more likely to be depressed, commit suicide, ect. Even delisted disorders like Homosexuality actually have more negative co-morbidity associations than SPD does.

-It's a disorder because it can negatively effect the lives of those who have it in that lack of desire for normal human interaction alienates them from a society that doesn't understand how they can not care about these very typically human drives.

There are serious arguments for delisting it but I'm pretty sure it will remain a fixture of psychology as it becomes better understood.
>>
>>34255919
Eh, you don't gain anything new but things find a way to express themselves differently. It becomes more obvious as the kids grow up and their fates diverge more wildly. Weird, or disorder, is always a relative thing.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.