[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever dealt with a real autistic person?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 16

File: my liege.jpg (41KB, 350x463px) Image search: [Google]
my liege.jpg
41KB, 350x463px
let's just say, they are nothing like hollywood portrays. They are genuinely the most insufferable people in the world.
>>
>>34250576
I have posted on 4chan for about five years.
>>
>>34250576
I'm a diagnosed autistic and you're just being ignorant.
>>
I deal with one every day when looking in the mirror
>>
>Used to know this autistic kid in school
sometimes he was the only one who was really weird and would come up and talk to me when I was alone. It was nice until
>one day, by myself at lunch or something
>"HEy anon cAn I have YOur address??"
>"no, why?"
>so I CAn look it up on google street view, of course!"
>get weirded out and walk away
For some reason he had an obsession with Wikipedia and google
>>
File: image.jpg (153KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153KB, 1024x1024px
>>34250576
>comes to /R9K/
>doesn't like interacting with autistic people
>>
>>34250576
Life is already hard being on the spectrum. There is no need to generalize. You probably just have met one of them. Not everyone is the same.
>>
>>34250576
he looks like he smells fuuuuuuuuuuck
>>
>>34250576
I have known quite a few; for whatever reason, autists gravitate towards me, and they tend to linger since I don't treat them like shit. Even the really loud ones with niche interests don't bother me very much. I'll sometimes get them going on some rant about their favorite subject just to trigger nearby normals, all while praising their superior intellect.
>>
There's a guy I talk to online pretty regularly who's "high functioning". He talks to himself out loud a lot and hums the background music in whatever game he's playing. He also repeats whatever was said recently, whether it be a joke from another person or some dialogue in a game.

It gets a little aggravating at times.
>>
>>34250576
Where did you get this picture of me? Please delete this.
>>
Im a self diagnosed autist. Ask me anything.
>>
My boss is a high functioning autist in the "I learned autistic level discipline in the army but I don't understand sarcasm" way. Fucking great at what he does though
>>
File: 1484013978453.jpg (1MB, 4210x4140px) Image search: [Google]
1484013978453.jpg
1MB, 4210x4140px
>>34250576
>just started a new retail job
>see autist from high school works there too
he used to drink piss for money back in highschool.
>ask him if he likes anime
>his eyes expand at the question like he just plugged a gram of meth
>"J-j-jo-jo's bizarre adventure
>approach him later on and ask him if he likes eroge
>"you know like the perverted manga?"
>show him slides of Shindol-Emergence
>"this is where she gets raped by her dad"
>before works over i ask him if the eroge was the eroge was too much for him
>"n-no..."
>realize im actually the autist and hes just a quiet beta

>things that really happened
this happened yesterday
>>
File: 1444285594542.jpg (400KB, 1200x950px)
1444285594542.jpg
400KB, 1200x950px
Get back to work normans our autismbux isn't going to pay for its self.

It was true what they said in high school, you guys really do work for us now!
>>
>>34250576
My half-brother is autistic ruined my fucking childhood and grew up to hate him, all retards and my mother. Anybody want any stories?
>>
File: 1481432689939.png (29KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
1481432689939.png
29KB, 768x768px
>>34250576
Take classes with autistic people at Uni and its nothing like how TV portrays them.

They are annoying, creepy and genuinely pathetic. Although they tend to be straight A students so I guess they are the real winners here. One kid is studying to be a librarian so I guess that's the perfect autistic job for him. He doesn't have to deal with lots of people and put his organizational thinking to good use.
>>
>>34251064
Sounds like me
Do I have autism?

considering where I am probably so
>>
Who else here actually has an autism diagnosis like me?
>>
>>34251395
im getting the popcorn as we speak
>>
>>34250576
my friends kid, he's autistic and I hate being around him because he reminds me of myself
>>
>>34251395
Gimme a story boio
>>
I have a high functioning autist friend, but I feel he was undermined throughout his life. His mom coddles his way more than is needed, and it's a bit of a worry.
There's also little tells that amaze me, like initially I thought he just had shit teeth, turns out he literally didn't know how to properly brush them. He couldn't read timetables, if he needed a bus/train he'd just sit and wait until the next one, he can't tie his shoes. I taught him really quickly when I realised with the timetables. I just explained the layout of the timetable, asked him a question or two and that was it, his daily life made that much easier because someone explained this to him at 21.

It also really frustrates me sometimes. I asked him to rearrange some DVDs to make space and he became overwhelmed and had to sit down. Made the mistake of laughing at him and it turned into a 10 minute drama where I refused to apologise and coddle him.

But yeah, it's frustrating that everyone treats him like he can't do anything. I mean he's not the most organised etc, but i've met lazy neurotypicals who were worse
>>
>>34251481
Alright sorry that I am not a good story teller but here we go.

>Be me
>Get home from school I was like maybe 9
>hang out for a while retard still running around
>Banging head, screaming normal tard stuff
>He enters bathroom for quite some time
>I hear a bunch of sound from upstairs(I was mostly a basement dweller
>I head upstairs to find my retard half-brother and my shithead half-brother looking at each other
>Retard had his pants pulled down and was using other brothers comb to brush his ass hairs

Not making this shit up guys this kind of shit was my childhood.
>>
>>34250576
there was a kid in my class who was autistic and turned into a furry in high school
>>
>>34250576
i have a buddy whose friend is mildly autistic and he is the most annoying nigga in the world and every time i get close to telling him to shut the fuck up i constantly have to remind myself that he's autistic. but then i have a cousin who is on the autism spectrum and even though he doesn't really do well in social situations and is exceedingly shy, he has come up with mechanisms to try and act like a proper member of society. in his case he comes off very endearing.
>>
File: 1367369520180.jpg (48KB, 535x577px) Image search: [Google]
1367369520180.jpg
48KB, 535x577px
>Diagnosed autist
>Work a full time job
>Non-virgin
>Have had multiple gfs
>Have friends.
>Generally lightyears more of a well-adjusted adult than the majority of people here
>Neurotypicals still autism-shaming
Why do you do this?
>>
the other day i met a autistic guy (25yo) who only eats sausage, no matter the time or occasion.

breakfast, lunch, dinner. only sausage.

it was kind of sad desu
>>
>>34250576
In my high school there was this heavily autistic kid who by some miracle wasn't in Special Ed. He constantly interrupted the class to talk about video games, distracted the class by making noises at random intervals, and thought he was friends with the chads. He literally fucking asked the French teacher what her favorite anime was. People thought he was funny, I just got annoyed.
>>
These threads make me anxious because I'm scared I'll stumble across a post that describes me.
>>
File: stylin.jpg (125KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
stylin.jpg
125KB, 640x640px
>>34250576
kid in one of my classes was autistic. He'd run up behind me screaming: "WAFFLES WAFFLES WAFFLES WAFFFLES WAFFLES WAFFLES"

he just wouldn't fucking stop. I tolerated him though. pic related
>>
>really autistic guy at high school
>wanted to fit in with the chads
>they would pretend to be friends with him
>would mock him without him knowing it
>would make him sing and dance and shit and film him
>luckily no youtube back then

>a different autistic guy in college
>friendly until his inner rage came out
>one day i dropped a chocolate bar wrapper on the floor
>gets in my face all aggressive
"PICK THAT UP!"
"Oh, sure"
>no way I was gonna risk the wrath of his autistic strength

Met him like a year after and he asked for my number to hang out sometime. Was gonna give a fake number but thought it would be bad karma. Have never phoned him.
>>
>>34250576
I knew a few in high school

One once asked me if I would rather be a Digimon or a Pokemon, wore a FNAF shirt on multiple occasions, would constantly try to make "yo' mama" jokes, and one time brought this really expensive-looking gaming laptop with Star Wars stuff on it. Would constantly try to talk to me and I once had a project with him. I think he works at Chuck-E-Cheese now.

Another was this really ugly Asian guy. Had an "individualized education program" class with them because I too have autism. We didn't talk much, but he seemed genuinely nice and was seemingly the only other guy up-to-date on vidya (everybody else was clinging to their 360s for dear life and/or pirated games on their toasters.)

Another was a Filipino who brought a Game Boy Pocket multiple times and had some beige laptop from the late '90s he'd make Flash cartoons on. I remember in freshman year he was loosing his mind one morning when Fairy-type Pokemon were announced. I think I passed him by at the local CC.

I had a technology class at a vocational school senior year and the entire place was sperg central with only three females if you include the teacher. The trendy "nerds" went to game design class so we got the legitimate freaks.
>>
>>34250928
>he looks like he smells good
fixed
>>
Max from Parenthood is the only accurate portrayal of of aspie I've ever seen on TV. Seriously; you know how everyone fucking hates Max, even his parents? It's basically that.
>>
Autism isn't a singular neurodivergence, but a spectrum of them. You could have met someone on the extreme end, but you could have also, completely unwittingly, met someone who was autistic but didn't present any signs that were obvious to you.
>>
Unfortunately yes. One that kind of care and cause drug child at great risk taken high blood zero mind may zoloft pregnancy autism jay, many 1.
>>
File: image.jpg (203KB, 442x589px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
203KB, 442x589px
>>34250576
Yes. I work at Best Buy and a man always brings his super autistic son (I mean hand flapping, not speaking, have to hold hands, screaming etc. despite being like 16) which is really nice of him. The kid is practically in heaven every time and spends hours playing with the displays or video game demos. Sometimes he gets too excited and starts yelling, and my new manager is a huge asshole about it. He tells the man to control his son so they have to leave. For some reason the only time he speaks is to yell out

>HARRY POTTER AND THE SORCER'S STONE!
>JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH!
>HARRY POTTER AND THE GOBLET OF FIRE!

Sometimes they're even there twice in one day, always happy and at this point his dad memorized all of us who work here. I'm the only one that nicely says bye or "have a nice day!" when they leave. One time his dad said (out of context) "...nice people like her!"
>>
>>34252837
I wonder if they're too poor to afford a console at home. It seems like a best buy would be a total nightmare for some autistic people.
>>
>>34250576
>they are nothing like hollywood portrays
That is so fucking true. Water boy? Radio? Forest Gump? Bullshit, all of it
>>
File: 1451168028693.jpg (179KB, 404x521px) Image search: [Google]
1451168028693.jpg
179KB, 404x521px
>>34251473
>was mom's golden child
>was repeatedly told while growing up that there was nothing wrong with me / doctors said I was perfectly normal
>had a lot of autistic symptoms but nevertheless had a normal childhood
>joke about having autism with friends but start to wonder if it's true
>christmas dinner last year
>mom's telling stories about when my siblings and I were kids
>"I remember when Anon was small he used to organize his crayons by their gender and number and that's when I thought 'yep, he's autistic'"
>don't know if mom was just taking the piss or has been lying to me my whole life
>>
>>34252979
Is confusing autism and mental retardation just a meme around here?
>>
>>34253074
> can't tell that she was joking

I have some unfortunate news for you, anon...
>>
>>34253080
Well there are certain cases of autism that is quite similiar to retardation
>>
File: 1484286286860.jpg (47KB, 545x603px) Image search: [Google]
1484286286860.jpg
47KB, 545x603px
>tfw you are one of those autists

Fuck anyone who treats that shit like a blessing
>>
kek homie

i did go to camp with a kid whose parents kept his asburgers a secret from him, they told all the counselors but never told him lmao
>>
>>34253074
kek homie

i did go to camp with a kid whose parents kept his asburgers a secret from him, they told all the counselors but never told him lmao

he was super weird, everyone hated him probably like they hate you but don't say anything and you're too retarded to pick up on it
>>
My cousins wife's cousins kid is a turbo autist. Like he actually destroys shit. Their house is completely bare of any decorations because he will intentionally destroy anything that is not fastened down. Ive heard stories about him pissing and shitting on things, including his sleeping parents, when he didn't get his way. He speaks a language known only to him, consisting of various screeches and mumblings.

Every time he visits my cousins house he destroys stuff and takes off all his clothes. He also has a freakishly huge dick. I know this because he is almost always naked, even around strangers.

Kid needs to be put down.
>>
There's a autist in my English 210 class this semester.

Today was out first day of class.

>roll up into class late
>seats all full, sit in front w/ grannie lady
>Look behind me
>Ohno
>dudes head is shaped like an asteroid
>random potholes and impact creators
>nice smile on his face

He seemed blissfully unaware, which was lovely.

>says some odd stuff during roll call
>not being disturbing
>feelsgood.jpeg
>at least he is quiet
>prof. Is getting all excited with analogies
>talking about Walmart and gifts for gfs.
>no gf feels bad man
>this autist decides he needs to weigh in on the issue
>professor is building to a point
>he's in the zone, focused, funny, great teacher
>autistic fuck cuts him off
>"Walmart also sells earrings"
>professor awkwardly scoffs
>"thanks tim"
>tim smiles

Thanks Tim.
>>
>>34250992
Is your name James?
>>
>>34251224
Ask him to watch Shaman King or Fist of the North Star
>>
File: 1483392584165.jpg (34KB, 255x274px) Image search: [Google]
1483392584165.jpg
34KB, 255x274px
>>34252837
>her
>HER
No amount of pills will ever make you a woman.
>>
>>34250576
Yes
Cursed him out every day back in HS until counselors told me what was wrong with him.
He started stalking one of my good friends at the time so I verbally abused him so much he would take the next train if I was on the same one.
>>
>>34253377
kek homie

he was super weird, everyone hated him probably like they hate you but don't say anything and you're too retarded to pick up on it

He just blew me shit was so cash .
>>
>tfw autistic
>tfw self-aware because of this site
T-thank you guys
>>
>>34253526
yea yea autism will prevail in the end

if you need a mentor in the ways of high living you can let me or my bros know
>>
>>34250798
Seconded

Oreganosis
>>
>>34252580
>Max from Parenthood is the only accurate portrayal of of aspie I've ever seen on TV. Seriously; you know how everyone fucking hates Max, even his parents? It's basically that.
....I know that feel.
>>
>>34250576
You're dealing with a bunch of them right now, chucklefuck.
>>
>>34252324
I met this guy who was so autistic that he developed anxiety over whether or not Internet strangers talked about him on an anonymous message board meant for fellow losers
>>
>>34253519
You're a normie piece of shit
>>
>>34251395
Cole Smithey?
>>
>>34250859
I'm on Google Maps almost daily. D-does that mean I'm autistic? I like going to different parts of countries and seeing places I can't get to.

I'm also googling historic things every damn day because I'm curious.
>>
>>34254034
well i like google maps too, but the thing that made me think it was weird was that he wanted to look at my house on street view. There's nothing wrong with exploring around though.
>>
File: 1333243477794.jpg (14KB, 354x352px) Image search: [Google]
1333243477794.jpg
14KB, 354x352px
I'm some kind of magnet for autistic people and I don't know why.

There's this one girl who takes the same bus as me every morning. Sometimes we end up on the same one, and she talks to me every time. She's a huge weeb (anime pins all over her bag/clothes) and talks about comicon and shit nonstop. I can never remember her name or really anything about her yet she knows every single minute detail about me like what area I live in what school I go to what program i'm taking, what my roommate does, what his name is, what kind of truck he drives, etc. etc. etc. It's creepy as fuck

Then there's this guy who goes to my school, and always talks to me if we see each other. I take a lot of classes. I'm fucking busy all the time. I have a lot of homework every day. But this kid DOES NOT leave me alone when I get even an hour break. He will find something to talk about with me. He does not understand social cues like awkward laughter or when people look like they've got places to be. I don't want to be an asshole and tell him to fuck off because he's actually pretty nice and has great taste in vidya, but I really don't have the time to spend with him.

I just want normie friends so I can absorb their normieness reeeeeeeeeee
>>
Yeah. Several actually.

Super hilarious to make fun of
>>
>>34253475
Ive never watched those so i wouldnt ask him to. But he said hes seen some Lain so thats pretty cool
>>
>>34251966
kek
oreganolo
>>
>>34254693
This in college it happened, any class I was in with an autismo, they would follow me around if I ever engaged them in class, and not fuck off until I told them that I didn't want them to follow me, and that I frankly wasn't interested in hanging out with them.
I also had an autistic roommate, but he actually was a really cool guy, he lacked the ability to understand social cues, but he wasn't bad socially otherwise, very gregarious and kind, and actually funny too. His autism more focused around time, he had to keep a very strict schedule and he couldn't view any piece of media without reading all about it beforehand, because he didn't want to waste his time with it if he didn't think he would like it.
You have to tell them to fuck off, not in a mean way, because that's what they've experienced their whole lives and it makes them very upset, but they don't understand anything but direct conversation.
>>
>>34253406
Is there any way to know if you're kid is going to be autistic when your wife is in pregnancy
>>
>>34251436
Interviewing is far more important than grades, which autists will fail at.
>>
File: 1475631755243.jpg (164KB, 919x857px) Image search: [Google]
1475631755243.jpg
164KB, 919x857px
>>34254998
can I manipulate them instead?
>>
File: 1456590520027.png (519KB, 1280x1889px) Image search: [Google]
1456590520027.png
519KB, 1280x1889px
>>34250576
>Have you ever dealt with a real autistic person?
Yes, I deal with myself every single day.

Now get off my board normie.
>>
>>34250576
Rainman is pretty accurate and by far the most famous version.
>>
>>34250576
I have very much enjoyed this thread. I definitely have some autistic tendencies (tendies) myself. I would like to share a greentext story I just came up with.

>America's got talent
>cut to skelly autist street busker on the street
>plays acoustic guitar with his german shepherd lab mix named scoob
>play's excellent cover of "rusty cage" by johnny cash
>"and I think scoob wanted to sing a little, too!"
>dog looks at him for a second then violently mauls his face on stage
>>
I'm dating one.
>>
>>34255140
just make them feel welcomed, once you gain an autist's trust you can look right at them and tell them to do whatever you want, and they'll likely do it
>>
>>34255140
You may be able to but autism usually comes with a serious independent streak
>>
>>34254998
lol I've got a friend like the one you mentioned

I look like an idiot everytime anything subtle goes over his head.
>>
My brother is an aspie and I despised him. It's all good making fun of them from a distance until you have to live with one.
>>
>>34250576
Spergs are lovely people, originaljslals
>>
This thread gave me a feel 2bh
>>
>>34255938
Plz elaborate to be quite honest
>>
>>34253406
How big do you suppose? I would get jelous. The id be mad that im jelly of a retard. Then id feel bad that i was mad just because he was a retard. Then i would be like, good for him at least god gave him that.
>>
>be me
>in good mood
>happy for first time in a while

>read this thread
>>
File: IMG_0823.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0823.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>34251966
You sure he wasn't just Australian ? Orginal
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.