[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ACE Score

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: acedepression.png (157KB, 611x456px)
acedepression.png
157KB, 611x456px
What's your score?

>An ACE score is a tally of different types of abuse, neglect, and other hallmarks of a rough childhood. According to the Adverse Childhood Experiences study, the rougher your childhood, the higher your score is likely to be and the higher your risk for later health problems. You can take the test below:

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2015/03/02/387007941/take-the-ace-quiz-and-learn-what-it-does-and-doesnt-mean
>>
What does it mean if I got 10/10?
>>
>>34249919
It means you're fucked for life.
>>
>5

my work is participating in a "trauma informed care" course and the instructor says we're all going to do the ACE as a group. I think it's utter bullshit and don't want to participate. What will people think if I refuse?
>>
>6

So what does this mean exactly
>>
>>34250385
a score higher than 4 basically means you had a shit childhood. 4+ scorers have higher occurrences of mental illness, incarceration, suicide ect.
>>
>>34250620
Well that certainly explains a lot.
>>
>Your ACE score is 10
Why am I even alive?
>>34250322
How is it utter bullshit? It literally just asks if you had a certain type of trauma or not and quantifies the answers so they can be studied.
>>
>>34249701
>3

This test didn't really mention any of the things that made my childhood shit.

>accused of conspiring against my parents on multiple occasions; subsequently shunned and treated coldly for months
>intense fighting among parents during very early childhood
>infer that nihilism is correct and that nothing matters by age 8, which consequently led to me being socially stunted and dysthymic for the remainder of my life

The score would probably be higher if the test took into consideration a wider spectrum of childhood traumas.

>>34250322
Lie. No need to draw attention to yourself.
>>
>>34249701
>5

what does it means by this
>>
>>34249701
8/10
On one hand, I'm chronically ill, hammered by depression and can't keep myself off this board for more than a week at a time
On the other, I started work as a doctor last week, I've got a thin qt virgin gf and I'm on track to climb Everest in less than 12 months.
>>
>>34250781
I don't think the basis of ACE is bullshit. I think having to do it in a group of my co-workers is a load of shit.
>>
>>34250847
Why would I lie about this?

And who's drawing attention to themselves? Waaaahhh my childhood was bad too! My parents didn't do drugs, participate in domestic violence, or neglect me but I want to be acknowledged for my special snowflake abuse!
>>
The only thing that happened to me was sexual abuse. So I guess I'm fine.
>>
0/10

Feels good, boys.
>>
>parents hurting each other only matters if it's the male doing it :^)
>>
1/10 my dad has depression but apart from that my parents are great. Sometimes too great desu they would sometimes give in and give me what i wanted if i complained enough,
>>
>>34249701
>the test only asks if women were abused
jej
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.