[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you be funny?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: 1405299275885.jpg (2MB, 5000x2639px) Image search: [Google]
1405299275885.jpg
2MB, 5000x2639px
How do you be funny?
>>
>>34248768
Nice picture but if you have to ask then little can be done.
>>
File: IMG_4951.jpg (90KB, 1242x812px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4951.jpg
90KB, 1242x812px
>>34248768
I don't know. I make fun of myself in front of normies to try to be funny, and they usually laugh, but its probably because I laugh at my own jokes and they just don't want to be rude. Or they're laughing at me for being so pathetic that the only way I can think to be funny is by making fun of myself.
>>
>>34248803
I'm funny sometimes but only when I'm in a certain mood and with certain people. I don't know how to appeal to the plebeian masses.
>>
>>34248830
Just make very broad jokes.
>>
>>34248768
You make people laugh.
>>
>>34248768

Try self-deprecation. It usually comes naturally to robots.
>>
>>34248844
example pls??

prgiinaloso
>>
File: 1484600930933.png (43KB, 819x607px) Image search: [Google]
1484600930933.png
43KB, 819x607px
>>34248768
Just be yourself, anon.

Allow yourself to entertain only your thoughts. Be unfiltered. I say whatever I want, but I'm nice to people when I say it. I obviously don't say "Fuck jews"; I try to read a person, who they are, what kind of personality they have, then I put myself in their shoes and come up with something they want to hear, like I'm mocking something they hate, or maybe I'm glorifying something they love, but in an ironic way.
>>
File: tendies4u.jpg (6KB, 250x174px) Image search: [Google]
tendies4u.jpg
6KB, 250x174px
Call them a nigger, nothing funnier on this earth than calling someone a derogatory term because of the color of their skin
>>
>>34249011

This can be a tough habit to break if you ever get a job - speaking from experience
>>
>>34249011
Nice thanks for the advice! Dubs for truth!
>>
That depends, do you mean normalfag humor or actually funny?

Real good-quality jokes go waaaay over the heads of normal people.
>>
>>34249011
This is actually quite effective at stopping other people from saying the word.

Most don't realize the weight of some words until they hear someone else say it.
>>
>>34249011
Yes. Yes.

According to /pol/, calling someone a nigger is simply comedic genius. When in doubt, just tell the other person that he or she is a nigger and everything will work out. This is the best way to diffuse tense social situations.

Example:
>you and 3 others are sitting at a table during lunch break
>other three people are friends, you're kinda an outsider
>everyone is on their phone
>you want to strike up a convo, maybe prove yourself as "that one funny guy at work"
>fantasize about future outings and events with these people
>they become close friends
>you even get in a relationship with one of the girls
>you are so happy
>suddenly you snap back to reality
>h-hey nigger
>fired from work the following day
>>
Normies can't tell the difference between something that's inappropriate or funny. Look at Family Guy. That show is probably one of the most watched because it's inappropriate. the comedic timing is awful, none of it makes sense, but people will laugh at it anyways because "Duh Pete gassed Mega dn made "dah joos" joke Is FUnE!!!1"

It's how people found me funny in high school. I'd just make an inappropriate joke, like shooting up the school or beating up the teacher, and I became 'popular', or better yet infamous. People from high school still recognize me as the "weird but funny" kid.
>>
not sure, but there are some things which seem to make things funny

1) saying things everyone was thinking but didn't want to say

2) subjects which are controversial but expressed in an unoffensive manner
2a) normies seem to like sex jokes
2b) rather than making fun of a group like poor people, it is often better to simply state truths about them, making "positive (factual) statements" instead of "normative statements" (judgments), like "you're so poor you use both sides of a flip flop"

3) coming up with good metaphors

4) delivery is important, if it is too convoluted it often ruins it
4a) it has to be simple enough for normies to understand

5) unexpected or absurd things
5a) it has to be fresh and original, "holds up spork" kind of stuff won't fly

6) normies like things that rhyme, wordplay and different ways of expressing the same thing
>>
>>34248768
Humor's like a muscle, you just gotta exercise it. You aren't gonna become funny overnight, you've kinda gotta analyze what makes the people around you life. If you spend enough time with said people, then you'll eventually learn of or create inside jokes with them, which you can use. You also gotta learn to be quick, A good joke may not be funny if you though about it for too long. I'm no comedic genius but these are usually the things that work for me.
>>
>>34248768
I'm a comic, I'll give you a small hint:

Impoverished people: jokes about sex

Middle Class; Jokes about situations

Upper class: jokes about social faux pas

there's your starter pack
>>
>>34250835
i consider myself funny, how difficult is it to make it in the comedy world anon
>>
>>34250967
It's not really a gig you want to get into
>>
comedy is 50% timing, 40% delivery, 10% joke

so, in order to be a good comic, you must take dance lessons and acting lessons and then, when you want to build comic material, read nietzsche
>>
>>34250835
Where does the ironic humor fit in?
>>
>>34248844
I think I have already made enough jokes about your mother

please laugh
>>
>>34251113
You have to be careful with irony because at least 60% your audience needs to be intelligent or else it falls flat.

Comedy is about the audience. You can be doing extremely funny, creative shit, but if nobody laughs then it doesn't work. ALWAYS tailor the joke to your audience, whether you are doing a gig or talking to your friend circle. The audience laughing is what makes a lot of stuff funny because it imbibes the rest of the audience in the atmosphere. It is an intoxicating effect. Humans are creatures with empathy so if everyone around them is laughing, they laugh too even if they don't know why. If 60% of your audience is intelligent then you can do your best, smartest work and then get them laughing, and the stupid people will start laughing too even though they don't understand what is going on.

Irony can go in any of those places. If you're with impoverished people then make an ironic joke about sex. If you're with middle class people then make an ironic joke about a situation (something like a seinfeld skit). Etc.

Irony has several levels and gradients, which most people don't seem to understand. If my audience is very stupid then I will use a very obvious ironic joke, like talking about getting the flu right before a big test and then I'll say a simple, "that was the greatest time of my life". That's very shallow irony that even the dumbest fucking retard can understand and it gets people laughing. Not the funniest example but you get the idea.

focus less on the jokes and more on delivery and timing, and demeanor. For example Sam Hyde is funny entirely because of his demeanor. He is just a funny guy, in general. The way he moves, talks, acts, it's all funny.

Also DOING IMPRESSIONS SEPARATES THE BIG BOYS FROM THE NOBODIES! WATCH PRIME TIME TELEVISION: ALL OF THE TOP COMICS CAN DO GREAT IMPRESSIONS
>>
>>34251333
Sam Hyde is an unfunny hack and impressions are for people who can't write real jokes.
>>
File: 1463360681900.jpg (20KB, 720x529px) Image search: [Google]
1463360681900.jpg
20KB, 720x529px
I worry that i have very little to offer. Like I can think and have creative or funny thoughts but I cant execute them in real life. People that come into my life do it out of convenience or necessity, I just cant be as normal as normies that have been normal their whole life
>>
>>34251424
That's just like your opinion man

-c
>>
i feel like i do well with guys but when it comes to girls i just cant make them laugh or stay interested

dont know why
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-02-22-17h40m56s247.png (417KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-02-22-17h40m56s247.png
417KB, 576x432px
>>34248768
Study Chandler Bing.
I grew up watching Friends, wanted to be Chandler, based my personality on him.
People tell me I'm the funniest guy they know.
>>
>>34251485
It's because women are plebeians and need to be spoonfed comedy.

Literally make jokes about the bachelor, kim kardash, and other vapid shit
>>
Self depreciation is very effective when used properly.
>make bad pun
>say offhandedly that you'll kill yourself, or maybe "drink bleach" (all the normies seem to like the drink bleach meme, even though it was a thing a couple years ago)
>>
Try using pop culture references (around normies, that is). Try to fit in movie quotes, or other things.
Another tactic is to act out skits from movies or shows (kinda like pop culture references), but not completely. The humor has to be intuitive, and you have to replace some things. Example, because this is kind of poorly explained:
>put on raincoat
>turn on "hip to be square"
>say to normie friend "Hey Paul!"(works much better if he isn't named Paul)
>it'll eventually click, and he'll laugh
Just an example.
>>
>>34251500
True but you don't need to make jokes about that shit. Most girls like simple hypotheticals "omgz what if that guy over there did this" or subtle rude/underhanded comments about other people or the current situation. They like in-jokes and "cleverness" more than guys who just laugh at funny anecdotes.
>>
>>34248768
You're born with it
>>
>>34248768
One of the few things left that this shitty modern technology couldn't give access to every single retard on the planet.
>>
>>34250835
No wonder all your jokes are the same. What a shitty trade.
>>
I've been called things like
>hilarious
>witty
>interesting to listen to
>animated
the only things I lack are material, a platform, and a reason to live
>>
>>34248768
Im not funny but I understand it. There a few types of social humor. Most commonly deprecation; of yourself or others. Exaggeration; just say something absurd. Lastly observation; remark something oddly relatable. really 70% of it is delivery its what really make comedy an art.

i dont think its possibly to train yourself to be the funny guy in the room. but almost everyone is capable of humor. even if its meme spouting or gossip. when you open your self up your mind does too, clever humor starts coming. I am training this as well.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.