[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Too intelligent for philosophy I unironically believe that

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

>Too intelligent for philosophy

I unironically believe that anything I can read in a philosophy text, I can come up with myself (if it's not wrong)
>>
philosophy is just another study of language
>>
>>34246046
I don't think so. You would not have the time.
>>
Of course you can, but you haven't and you won't.
>>
>>34246046
What's even the point in philosophy? I used to be interested in it, but it really isn't useful irl.
>>
>>34246046
You can do almost everything, but you won't. Only few people do it
>>
>>34246046
maybe you could come up with it, but you wouldn't be able to express it
>>
How may of these shitty tfw too i telligent threads are trolling, and how many are actually some autist with genuine delusions of granduer?
>>
OP, you remind me of the trap in which fell the mind of the main character of La Fanfarlo (a novel from Baudelaires):

> ...after an impassioned reading of a beautiful book, his unwitting conclusion was:
> now that is beautiful enough for me to have written! - and, in only the space of a dash, from there to think:
> therefore I wrote it.

Now, it could be said that, in order to understand it, you already had the ability in yourself to think it.
I would object to this: but you and I didn't produce it, and neither the millions of men who came before us.

It would be easy to challenge my opinion, just produce an original philosophical thought. It would be enough, as long as no one has ever had it before.
>>
You just sound like a smug ass hole to me
>>
>>34246187

It's a way for people with a lot of brainpower but not a lot of practical ways to apply their brainpower to occupy themselves. It also helps men decide how to live and their values. It's kind of the core of being.
>>
>>34247458
You are wrong. The purpose of philosophy is not to occupy yourself. A philosopher seeks to gain (and depart) understanding.
>>
>>34247552

So, a way to sort out patterns from the Chaos surrounding us, like in Deleuze philosophy, but why wouldn't I rather use science, now that it's very advanced?

Only case where I would resort to philosophy would be ethics and other gray areas where science cannot help me, and even that may come to pass before the day I die.

> Hard mode since I'm on Deleuze: why wouldn't I rather use Art?
>>
>>34247458
I guess I lost interest since I've already decided how to live and what my values are.
>>
the first step to being a half way intelligent person is knowing you don't know much

this makes you retarded OP
>>
Are you artistically posting this shit in every board? Fuck off
>>
I tried to read philosophy once. It was just some guy saying stupid shit that sounds like a 14 year old girl would come up with and post on her blog.

>dude if I think therefore I am lmaoooo

Waste of time.
>>
>>34247399
The greatest question of our time
>>
>>34247756
>tfw to intelligent two be dumb
>>
Philosophy is like solving sudoku or playing Magic. It's a decent way for the individual to stay mentally engaged, but ultimately, it's useless.
>>
>>34248506
Yes haha intellectuals such as yourself would rather pursue practical things like complaining about women on a Taiwanese goat herding forum
>>
>>34246046
Kind of think the same. Used to be really interested in philosophy. The further I got into my study, the more I thought it was all bullshit. I do think you have to be intelligent to understand what most philosophers are saying, but it's all theory about things that could be true. The only usefull part of philosophy for me was Philosophy of Science. It helped me grasp the concept of research and empirical evidence etc., but ethics, metaphysics and shit are literally fantasies.
>>
File: 1475017110132.png (34KB, 684x528px)
1475017110132.png
34KB, 684x528px
>>34248535

In the recent months, did the 2 candidates exchanged about philosophy or about an alt-right fictionnal frog?

Really makes you think.
>>
>>34248535
I don't complain much about women, though.

One thing I do think about is social justice, and the different kinds of oppression. Then I try to see in what ways I am oppressed, and see if there are different subtypes of oppression, and how to categorize it.
This is like philosophy. Fun to think about, but worthless. A lot of people have stupid things like this they think about. Philosophy is one of them, and they never lead to anything of value.
>>
>>34248736
Only the candidate with brain damage declared war on a cartoon frog
>>
>>34248755
This post has to be satire
You won't bait me that easily anon
>>
>>34248574
>ethics
I know it's a meme expression but legal theory is literally applied ethics.
>>
File: GRRRRRR !! -1.jpg (562KB, 768x1024px)
GRRRRRR !! -1.jpg
562KB, 768x1024px
>>34246046
It's also not exactly 'ironic' that you are trapped in a self-imposed sexual void.

Smart ?.....

Hahaha

Since when is 'voluntarily turning into a faggot out of fear of rejection by females' considered to be a sign of intelligence ?
>>
>>34248784
Ethics is literally just "muh feelings" and then trying to come up with a justification to make your feelings seem logical. Literally the worst part of philosophy.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.