[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does depression go away when you do things for other people?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: vlcsnap-2017-01-18-20h48m48s184.png (247KB, 658x629px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2017-01-18-20h48m48s184.png
247KB, 658x629px
Does depression go away when you do things for other people? I make funny memes on the internet and people say they enjoy it and share them, I do things for my irl friends and enjoy when they like them, but I still feel useless and sad. Can only medication cure it?
>>
>>34243967
>Can only medication cure it?
3 months in and no luck here.

To be fair, it's probably my awfully negative thoughts playing the biggest factor in it.
>>
>>34244207
Woops, I thought you said mediTation.

Fucking kek. Pharmashillticals don't cure a damn thing
>>
>>34243967
medication can not cure depression. it can only treat it and it's not even reliable for that.
>>
>>34243967
post your memes for me to enjoy?
>>
>>34243967

don't try meds my dude, im a fat slob and my dick is broken thanks to depression meds
>>
>>34244282
just go on the internet and every timne you see a meme wonder if it is one of mine. i created more than 1500 memes so far.
>>
>>34244282
there is a pattern in my memes
>>
>>34243967
Medication can help you but it wont cure you.
I no longer harm myself and i have much more energy and im now more optimistic. But i still wanna die and see no point in living, can feel no emotion and have no goals.
>>
>>34244720
>see no point in living, can feel no emotion and have no goals
this is the medication.
>>
>>34244736
Not really, ive been like this for many years before the medication. My situation literally only improved and i have no side effects what so ever from the medication im taking so.
>>
>>34243967
>I do things for my irl friends and enjoy when they like them
My mom does that, she's generally nice to everyone, it cost her money, nerves and valuable time.
I think that being nice to others and doing good deeds rarely, if ever, pays out, effectively making you feel even more like shit.
Karma is a meme anyway.
>>
I've been through medication, and I've tried every meme advice you can scour from professionals, charlatans and shitposters alike.
On the real, depression is a natural response to a shitty position where you are poor, or the money you earn is worthless because the economy is shit, and you are atomised and alone just like everyone else is, but you aren't sated by masturbatory social media, and your parents care more about their retirement than your survival, and women are rancid, with blighted eggs and toxic personalities, and the media lies to you, your government doesn't represent you, and everything is so sordidly fucked that the system tries to capitalise on your unhappiness that they will swindle you in exchange for pills that kill your ability to get an erection as well as any drive to overthrow the fucking kikes who did this to us.
>>
>>34244820
why were you harming yourself if you had no emotions before the meds?

how are you more optimistic if you don't see any point in living, feel nothing and want nothing?
>>
>>34245066
I dont know why i started to harm myself but it quickly became a fun thing to do for me, later on i got addicted to it and that went on for some time.
Well im more optimistic in a way that, something shitty happens and i think to myself, well atleast x or something as such. Even when im given a rough response to something im doing i just keep doing it and hope the response changes.
But even then, im just bored everyday, i get no joy from anything i do and its all just a flat line, i dont go to college right now and i literally dont know what hour of the day is, what day it is, what happend yesturday what happend two days ago, its all just blended into one big nothing. Its not enjoyable. Im not really convinced that ill ever find anything to fulfill me knowing that i want to achieve nothing, and that i have no interests what so ever. This leads me to believe that ill indeed never feel joy, and if life isnt bringing you joy, why live?
>>
>>34243967

It can't be cured. It can be treated and the symptoms will subside.
>>
>>34245176
did you feel this lack of joy before the medication?

calling it an antidepressant is the worst thing the industry ever did. it dulls ALL emotion, including the positive ones. it turns people into zombies if it does anything at all. what you're saying doesn't surprise me. i know that it's usually a relief when the pain dies down but humans can be motivated to improve their lives through pain. without emotion we can stagnate. pain lets us know that what we're doing isn't working and in my opinion, it's not healthy to kill the pain so we can live in an unlivable situation.

when the pain is so overwhelming that you can't do anything at all then medication is a fine short term solution for some people but without getting other treatment to address your issues in thinking then it's completely useless and a harmful crutch or simply a bandaid.

there's my rant and i hope you consider that your lack of feeling may not be your depression but your anti-depressant medication. i think this shit is much more harmful than they know.
>>
>>34245366
I had no emotion before medication. I havent felt anything for 4 years, except during this one extreme. But i agree with you it really depends on the meds though, some can be really harmful. A known side effect for antidepressants is depression.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.