[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do Baby Boomers feel entitled to social security payments?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

I just read a few comments on social media by some baby boomers giving advice to someone who graduated in the top 10% of his class from a reputable engineering program.

Now I have no way to verify this kid's credentials but what struck me is how similar the arguments they were throwing at the kid were to the arguments they were throwing at liberal arts graduates only 10 years ago: "You shouldn't feel so entitled to a job. This is such a spoiled generation. You should have picked a different major with safer job prospects. You should have known this could happen to the oil prices!"

I still remember only 3-4 years ago how uni graduates were being criticised for Not moving to the Alberta oil fields and now only a few years later they're being criticised for getting a degree in chemical engineering.

One question that hasn't been asked enough is why do these boomers feel so entitled to social security payments and a stable retirement? Besides, who do these Boomers think is going to pay into their social security ponzi scheme?

>"But, but, I paid into the system, man. The system owes me!"

Yeah and this kid paid into the education system and now he has a mountain of nondischargeable student debt which he owes to a bunch of faceless school administrators.

One thing's for certain, it's going to be interesting which ponzi scheme implodes first, the education system or social security

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-12-21/baby-boomers-increasingly-having-social-security-checks-garnished-cover-student-loan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXpwAOHJsxg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mxWv5QNbQc
>>
>>34242233
I agree and like your way of thinking but I'm sorry to tell you: this thread will vanish. It's not about feels, tfw no gf, normies, chads and stacys or traps but rather about discussion of interesting topics. Too intelligent for r9k
>>
>>34242423
I wasn't sure where this thread fit. I might try re-posting this somewhere else if it doesn't gain any traction. I don't post here that often but I thought a lot of people on here might relate to this topic.

I might post this thread on a forum with a lot of boomers to see if they have any good counterarguments.
>>
>>34242423
I mean also pretty much everyone here will agree with you so there's that as well
>>
>>34242233
>>34242656
I agree 100%. People are generally incapable of recognizing their own faults and short comings, but very quick to pick out the same traits in others. People also buy into the memes they're sold, there was a time where that was social security, currently education is the hot new meme.

The only people I believe SHOULD (but not necessarily be entitled to) be payed a pension/security plan by the government are people who serve a life time of service to the country.
>>
>>34242233
quite honestly i've become convinced a lot of boomers discreetly converted to communism in the 70's sometime around or after the war in vietnam and decided the best way to fuck the system was being the most greedy and worse capitalist in history, now that they've been in management for the last decade or two they really ramped up the take as much as possible, hire and train the least amount possible and only hire in from other companies to keep poor people poor, so that there is restricted social mobility on purpose and that they can blame it on capitalism while living like kings and disrespecting everyone else.
I know a lot of good boomers but to be fair there is a reason they were called the "me" generation and try shitting on everyone else like x and y who due to age are more likely to have had less opportunity at social mobility and stuck under boomer leadership or lack thereof.
>>
>the previous generation is hassling the current generation
>waah waah waah

Get over it fagnugget, that shit's been going on for decades
>>
>>34242910
That doesn't mean it should continue.
>>
>>34242233
There was some sci-fi novel where people would invent a way of prolonging life for centuries and old folks became the kings of life and any newborns would instantly get a huge debt they had to pay.
>>
>>34242910
Uncle toms for boomers need the rope
>>
KILL THE BOOMER
>>
>>34242233
That video only had two stem majors the rest liberal arts. Those Mechanical Engineers, how they didn't get a job, must've had shit grades or focused on robotic waifu making
>>
>>34242656
/pol/ eats up boomer hate threads. Highly recommended.
>>
File: 1356066708639.jpg (735KB, 3850x1925px) Image search: [Google]
1356066708639.jpg
735KB, 3850x1925px
>>34242233
They're speaking on their own behalf because everyone is a self-interested asshole. Everyone argues for things that benefit them.

If you don't understand by now that all humans use motivated reasoning 100% of the time, then you are blind. Any action or thing a person believes is only due to that person's interest in himself, and he believes it because it benefits him.
>>
Eh, we're gonna do the same thing. No one thinks they should be the ones to give up some boon, safety net, and especially not their money to go backwards in lifestyle, so if the system doesn't collapse by the time we're old we're not going to give it up either, and the can will get kicked further down the road. I don't think it's so much a case of boomer greed as it is human greed.
>>
File: IMG_0039.png (62KB, 794x578px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0039.png
62KB, 794x578px
>who
Robots, just like universal basic income.
>>
OP if you move this thread to another board plz link to it, I wanna follow and see what gets posted.
>>
Why do Americans get debt to go to college?
Is college something you can't pay for every month? You have to pay the whole cost up front?
>>
>>34243574
>>34243069

ok I reposted the same thread on /pol. I have to go soon so I won't be able to comment on the new thread

>>>/pol/107698272
>>
>>34243647
They'll let you split it into 2 or 3 payments per semester, but even one of those is more than most people can earn in that time.
>>
>>34242233

Boomers had it easy, and just assume it's just as easy for the newer generations. If someone is not suceededing, ergo they are lazy. They're retards and we won't be able to have any reforms until they die.
>>
>>34242233
>Why do Baby Boomers feel entitled
They think the "boom" was their accomplishment.
>>
>>34242233
had a deluded boomer talk about how he used to be able to walk into a shop and walk out with a job with out bringing a cv. He still thinks it's that easy
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.