[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When did you realize your dreams wouldn't come true?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 98
Thread images: 7

When did you realize your dreams wouldn't come true?
>>
>>34237598
I'm stilll 20 so I technically could still do most delusional things.

I reckon about 25 is when nothing has happened and I realize.
>>
I'm 34 and still think I have a shot as a musician and radio personality.
>>
>>34237598
When I got into high school and realized that I wasn't as smart/as good of a musician as I thought I was.
>>
>>34237598
I'm in my 30s

I don't think I ever had dreams
>>
Still believe they can come true. I will prob realise in a few years that they wouldn't.
>>
My nightmares come truer every day.
>>
They can still come true.
>>
>>34237598
When they already came true. I had everything I wanted and I'm not happy, I always want more. I don't want to take drugs to be happy robots, please help me.
>>
>>34237598
when i swallowed the redpill
>>
>>34237598
Only 22, still have three more years to see if its all a delusion.
>>
File: 1451994026468.png (229KB, 1200x807px) Image search: [Google]
1451994026468.png
229KB, 1200x807px
I have no dream desu
>>
>>34237598
when it got less and less meaningful and fun
>>
When my dick stopped growing.
>>
>>34237598
I never had a solid dream.

Being an inventor is vague as hell. And i don't have the creativity to make the cut. I think i realized this around 4th grade.
>>
File: nevergiveup.png (277KB, 1346x767px) Image search: [Google]
nevergiveup.png
277KB, 1346x767px
>>34237598
But they will come true as long as you're not totally delusional, posses some skill and never give up!
>>
>>34238461
>tfw don't know if I'm delusional or not
My dream is to be a musician and I seriously struggle with judging myself on subjective things. I'm either too harsh or too nice.
>>
>>34238577
What would you like to achieve?
>>
>>34237598
19 years of original age
>>
>>34238594
International fame and acclaim if possible.
More realistically I just want to be able to make a living off of what I love.
>>
>>34238594
the best place for honest critique is on 4chan because we're all anonymous. Post your stuff here and I'll honestly tell you if you're delusional or have a chance to make it. Or try posting on /mu/.
>>
>>34238767
meant to reply to >>34238577

originaloi
>>
>>34238767
You are mistaking cynicism with honesty.
>>
>>34237598
Yesterday
I should have known it though
>>
I still have faith. My dreams is the only thing that's keeping me alive, and I'd much rather chase a pipe dream than to become a wage cuck.
>>
the day I was informed that greg ginn witholds royalty money from all his band members
>>
>>34238797
Well maybe 4chan is not the best because we're so cynical. But anonymity is important, If people ask for crit from their friends or on a social network site everyone will be too kind and not be blunt enough
>>
>>34238767
Basically all I have right now are riffs and a few bridges/verses, I don't know musical terms but maybe you get the idea, that I play alone on an acoustic. And I'm a power chord pleb so don't expect nuthin fancy.

Here goes nothing I guess.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1PDiB1nxccA
pls no bully
>>
>>34237598
if your dreams were so high that you know they would never come true, you created delusional dreams to begin with.
>>
>>34238948
Sounds pretty basic to be honest. I don't think you're totally delusional but maybe a little, Some internationally famous musicians have rudimentary skills but find success through their originality. I think you should focus on making more finished sounding songs but try to do something different and original to make you stand out from the millions of other wannabes
>>
>>34238948
The suspense is fucking killing me.
Anyone got some criticism pl0x?
>>
>>34239130
>Sounds pretty basic to be honest.
Yeah I'm a nooby, only been playing for a year or so and in that time I just focused on power chords and open chords not really pushing myself to master anything else.

>I think you should focus on making more finished sounding songs
Playing on my own I end up with just a riff then maybe a breakdown/verse or whatever.
I desperately want a band to play with so we can work on shit together. Maybe then some magic can happen.

> try to do something different and original
What about this one? The one I uploaded was basically a safe upload. Excuse the quality, I don't have good equipment.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1u0p0BlKkKa

Thanks for the honest critique anon.
And you were right (if that was you) with what you said before about friends etc. being too nice and whatnot.
People irl who hear my shit pretty much just say it's good or whatever.
>>
>>34239312

This second vocaroo is lamer than the first imo.
I think you should start getting away from the simplicity of chords and maybe buy a multieffects pedal and see what you can work with. IMO tone and sound distinction are the most important when making music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PpAG8gTURw learn to play as creatively as this dude.
>>
>>34239312
I like it better than the first one, but because it's so repetitive it doesn't stand up much as a piece of solo music,
>I desperately want a band to play with
I can definitely imagine you playing as part of a band
>>
>>34239429
>This second vocaroo is lamer than the first imo.
Hmm dang.

>worst guitarist ever
Not sure if you;re trolling me. But actually some of that sounded pretty cool.
When I get some cash I;m going to invest in more equipment, for now it's an acoustic electric and a fucking fender squier.

>>34239447
Thanks my dood.
I'm not going for a solo artist who creates crazy elaborate pieces of art so
>I can definitely imagine you playing as part of a band
is a good sign.
>>
>>34239541

I wasn't being ironic, the video is just titled that way because "real" guitarists hate this dude for being different.

I encourage you to watch the video series its from, it will give you a lot of encouragement if nothing else.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOalFayFQgg
>>
Around when I got stabbed in the thigh by my mother because I didn't finish the dishes before she got home.

Nicked my femoral artery and I almost bled to death.
>>
When I die.
Until that day there is still hope.
>>
>>34237598
The odds are better than ever, I'm only 19 and it finally feels like I'm finally coming into my own as a musician and person. IM GOING TO MAKE IT ROBOTS
>>
My dreams haven't died but they're adapted. I used to think you needed a band to do anything but technology is making it easier to do it on your own, maybe hire someone if you need an extra hand. Basically the romance of forming a band and it being a magical experience have died.
>>
>>34239619
It's cool that he's different and I can respect what he does from an artistic standpoint but desu a lot of that sounds like ass.

I get what you're getting at though, different is usually a good thing.
>>
i havent given up on them yet. i mean i cant tell anyone because theyd laugh in my face but one day ill make it come true.
>>
>>34239709
i guess thats just what happen when you get bored of typical music. It may not sound good to everyone but its fun to play and it comes from the heart more than most songs ever do.
>>
>>34239690
Wait, so how exactly did you get to where you are?
>>
>>34239619
Wow that's really cool, I can't understand why everybody is shitting on this guy. It's unique and full of passion.
>>
>>34239758
A lot of it does sound pretty much the same I'm starting to learn. I want to branch out a bit but not quite as far as this guy has.

That's why I want to play with a band and do some jams. I'd love to be playing with a group of guys who don't give a shit and just belt out whatever the fuck they feel like.
>>
>>34239828
I would also encourage you to change tunings, to ones that might not even make sense and just spend some time fucking around. Do what sonic youth do!
>>
>>34238948
You better start working right motherfucking now, my man. This isn't even generic in 2017, and you should know it.

What made you think this was ok?
>>
>>34239312
If you can't find good riffs, work on the vocal melodies, it can save an otherwhise uninteresting guitar part
>>
>>34239312
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s1u0p0BlKkKa

KEK

*headbangs with 2006 garage-band-kid fringe while wearing a black hard-rock band shirt and walmart jeans*

If you had something Strokes-like in your mind, then it might work. I pictured a good PV to this.
>>
>>34239864
Holy shit how have I never thought of that.
Brb tuning my guitar to whatever the fuck and jamming for a bit.
Thanks for the tips.

>>34239876
>This isn't even generic in 2017
I'm getting mixed messages here.
So you think generic is a good thing? What?

>What made you think this was ok?
Dunno, maybe just delusional I guess.
A guy's gotta dream anon.

>>34239904
Haven't bothered with those yet, I'll give them a shot.
>>
>>34239936
>If you had something Strokes-like in your mind, then it might work
I just kinda play and see what happens.

>I pictured a good PV to this.
PV?
>>
>>34238948
Experiment, it's very bland and frankly boring. Listen to more music
>>
>>34237598
When I stopped dreaming

So at around 15
>>
>>34239982

its true, the person who has only listened to a small amount of music is going to be worse off than both the person that has listened to no music, and someone who has listened to a large amount of music.
>>
>>34239982
Damn.
I know what you mean though.
>>
>>34239969
>just kinda play and see what happens

Why did you decide to write the melody you've written? What did it say to you?
>>
>>34240040
>Why did you decide to write the melody you've written?
I was drunk and kinda pissed off when I made it.

>What did it say to you?
That I was drunk and pissed off.
>>
>>34239312
This is fucking terrible and you should be ashamed, I'm seriously angry that you thought this generic piece of trite is good. God damn, your song before this shit was 1000x better. I have never been more offended by a piece of music in my life, fuck you. LISTEN TO MORE MUSIC AND GET BETTER AT GUITAR YOU PIECE OF SHIT
>>
>>34240064
*tips fedora*

Hey, fuck you, man.
>>
>>34240064
y u so mad tho
I'm some dickhead who dicks around on guitar, chill.
>>
>>34240059
Also, I'm gonna save it and think about you. I find recordings like these fun, adorable and interesting. They remind me of my old MSN days.

Cheap amps/guitars, pizza and friday night noodling. I know, this is cringey.
>>
>>34240110
Nah not cringey at all, I'm actually flattered.
>>
>>34240137
Thanks for letting me save it, by the way. I won't steal it nor publish it. I promise (srs).
>>
File: 1484280044159.png (177KB, 367x321px) Image search: [Google]
1484280044159.png
177KB, 367x321px
>>34237598
never really had dreams
im about to turn 25 and i dont know what i want to do with my life except smoke weed and play video games
>>
>>34240155
It's not like it'll get you anywhere based on these responses (unless these cunts are just jealous and want to put me down, which I doubt even though this is /r9k/), so go nuts my man.
>>
>>34237598
I have no dreams. I've never had a dream for when I grew up. I've never had an aspiration, and I don't know if it's a good thing or bad thing. I am simply here, and I simply exist.
>>
>>34240155
Since you seem to like my angry drunken noodling I throw in another freeby just for you boo.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s07YSsd8khID
Feel free to cringe to your heart's content.
>>
>>34240254
That's a terrible thing anon, you are like an animal living a pointless existence. But I guess you could look at it in a positive light if you follow buddhism,
>desire only leads to suffering
and all that
>>
>>34240092
Your songs lack creativity but what's worse is that they lack passion. It sounds like as if a robot was playing the guitar. If your music lacks creativity, you have to play as if your life is on the line. Like I said before, listen to more music and get better at guitar. If you truly want to improve, you will. Don't get uninspired, prove to me and the others that we're wrong.
>>
>>34240330
This is a lot better, do more of this
>>
>>34240330
Gracias!

Have a young Mukai Shutoku (maybe he would cheer you to fight for your dreams and persevere through the hardship) in return.

This one's better.
>>
>>34240418
I'm pretty sure I'm just not that creative in general.
This is more of a pipedream and a hobby that I occasionally like to entertain rather than what I realistically think I'll end up doing.

>It sounds like as if a robot was playing the guitar
wheredoyouthinkweare.jpg

>>34240449
Oh lol. Cool.
I have dozens of riffs, I'm just shit at picking out which ones are good because I can't judge myself for shit.
What about this my guy?
http://vocaroo.com/i/s1xfh2sTcGF4
This is sad drunk instead of angry.
>>
>>34240330
>>34240510

Also,

https://mega.co.nz/#F!JxgHkIqL!UU-QtD2RC4Ubk-BuvoPasw
>>
>>34240510
I have no idea why but that picture is fucking hilarious.

Cheers for the laff.
>>
>>34240418
>If you truly want to improve, you will. Don't get uninspired, prove to me and the others that we're wrong.

I'm gonna borrow your advice to him, because it might be obvious, but it helps every time.
>>
>>34240556
I'm too scared to click in case of virus.
and this isn't me (the vocaroo guy) idk if you're trying to impersonate me.
>>
>>34240684
>and this isn't me (the vocaroo guy) idk if you're trying to impersonate me.

No, I am not.
>>
>>34240541
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s1xfh2sTcGF4
Best thing you've posted
>>
>>34240773
Sweet thanks.
So what I'm getting from all of this is that I'm not completely hopeless but I also make a lot of utter dogshit.
Is that accurate?
>>
>>34239712
WE IN THIS TOGETHER MY NIGGA
>>
>>34237598
>implying i have any dreams kek
you guys sure are funny.
>>
File: pxa3.jpg (108KB, 1536x1024px) Image search: [Google]
pxa3.jpg
108KB, 1536x1024px
>>34240909
That's exactly where you're at
>>
>>34239312
Literal garbage.
>>
>>34237598
9th grade I realized it was very unlikely.
>>
>>34241277
Good to know, thanks for your input.
Looking back at my old recordings I'm realising that I've become less experimental than when I first started, damn, what the fuck happened.
Since this is probably annoying at this point this'll be my last one. It's from when I was 4 months into playing guitar.
http://vocaroo.com/i/s08RaXEuNjDc

>>34241447
Already been established, thanks though.
>>
>>34241578
>http://vocaroo.com/i/s08RaXEuNjDc
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, much fucking better. Just have a soft voice singing on top of that and it'd be golden.
>>
>>34241730
Oh shit, and to think I had basically forgotten about that one.
Looks like I know which song to put energy towards completing/recapturing the essence of.
Thanks again anon.
>>
>>34241578
this ones actually good

origami
>>
>>34237598
All of you need a pair of balls.
>>
I always knew they wouldn't. My parents made sure to let me know that regularly growing up.
>>
>>34242012
You'll have to take that up with feminism.
>>
>>34237598
Probably when I took the 80/20 red pill so I learned no matter what I was fucked.

That or when I started to become self aware of how autistic I really am.
>>
>>34237598
My brother and I have been on youtube for about 3 years now and it all that time the most one of our videos ever reached was 500 views, shit like that destroyed any want to continue on but we did and Thank God because as of 2017 we're finally getting known. All I have to say is, no matter how old you are or have long something takes, just don't give up, Fuck that shit and keep on keeping on.
>>
>>34239712
Fuck yeah, I believe in ya.
>>
File: 1945.gif (233KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1945.gif
233KB, 500x500px
>>34238388
this

>tfw you never had any dreams
>tfw you knew from the begining what you are
>>
>>34237598
when i realized how much work it takes to pursue a dream

i simply don't have that kind of motivation
>>
>>34238948
Start a pop band. If you can't sing, get somebody who can sing. Make shitty pop music and you'll become famous.
Thread posts: 98
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.