[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw too stupid to learn programming

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 1365474565163.png (103KB, 684x576px) Image search: [Google]
1365474565163.png
103KB, 684x576px
>>
>>34228304
Is there a particular reason you're trying to learn programming, or are you just broadening your horizons?
>>
>>34228373
>Is there a particular reason you're trying to learn programming, or are you just broadening your horizons?

I'm trying to write a stock market algorithm for /biz/
>>
>>34228304
>tfw to stupid for code academy python
kill me
>>
>>34228513

wow you realIy are stupid lol
>>
Somebody needs to code an ai base that we can customize into our waifus.
>>
How long have you even been trying to learn it? A day? A week? Obv you're not gonna do well in a small time frame, it takes years dude
>>
File: 1484714258742.jpg (34KB, 511x778px) Image search: [Google]
1484714258742.jpg
34KB, 511x778px
>tfw when you are too lazy to learn programming
>>
>>34228452
lmao im in a class called "computational economics" right now where that's something we briefly cover

it's a graduate level class and it requires a background in linear algebra, linear optimization, micro-economics, and statistics along with a working knowledge of game theory, nonlinear optimization, and artificial intelligence

how about starting with something more manageable and working your way up to something like that? especially since that application domain requires a lot of knowledge outside of coding
>>
File: Screenshot_214.png (121KB, 241x234px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_214.png
121KB, 241x234px
>>34228304
>tfw got slightly interested in programming after messing around with python and making a text based game
>decide to get into college and learn it for real
>doing pretty well at first
>have to take lots of maths
>math starts getting too complex as I'm approaching calculas
>realize how dumb I really am
>drop out

There goes that dream.

Back to anime and video games again I go
>>
>>34230262
>how about starting with something more manageable and working your way up to something like that?

like what?
>>
>>34230546
here I'll give a list of a few different easy projects you can do. Obviously if you use a framework to help you with it, it will be much faster to write

>write a program that takes an arithmetical mathematical expression as input and evaluates it
so for example
>input: (9(3 + 4) - 3)/6
>output: 10
for bonus points implement some form of rounding
should teach you a decent bit about string operations, types, some data structures (e.g. using a stack to keep track of parens)

>write a program that takes a text file as input and splits it into X similarly sized separate text files
so if my text file is "look at me I'm retarded hurr durr" and X is 2, you can have one output file with "look at me I'm" and the other "retarded hurr durr"

Those two are just to get you used to I/O, parsing, os calls, etc.

If you want to learn some of the more mathematical concepts, I suggest doing problems on websites like hackerrank and leetcode. The easy problems are not math heavy and are very suitable for beginners, but you can work your way up if you wish
>>
>>34230262
Fittingly, while linear algebra, statistics, and game theory are favorite pastimes of computer science, they won't tell you much about any real complex system. As a jaded computer science PhD, your post basically reads, "I'm in a graduate-level class where we whisper incantations to unseen powers and squeak rubber duckies, and we've briefly covered the problem you're interested in."
>>
>>34230349
The feels are real. I'm a moron at math. Sucks man.
>>
>>34230771
I don't really know enough about our specific topics yet to tell you actually how we are going to apply game theory, but you have to be shitting me to suggest that LA and stat won't tell you much about any real complex system. The two are basically the foundations of optimization machine learning which, contrary to your hypothesis, really *can* be quite useful.
>>
>>34230262
"stock market algorithm" is really general, could be dead simple or ridiculously complex. Linear prediction/optimization is really entry level, and most of these algorithms don't even work anyway unless you have a super fast connection with the banks and huge market manipulating spending power.
>>
File: 1482481057695.png (189KB, 358x311px) Image search: [Google]
1482481057695.png
189KB, 358x311px
>>34228513
>tfw too stupid for code academy ruby
>>
File: 1484604198205.jpg (85KB, 521x522px) Image search: [Google]
1484604198205.jpg
85KB, 521x522px
>>34230817
>>34230349
>>34230183
>>34228513
Buncha brainlets in this thread tbqfhwy
Pic related, is me, notice the size of my large brain.
>>
>>34230717

thanks man ill try doing that first
>>
>>34228513
>>34228304
>barely got a C in intro python course at my uni
>failed python algorithms course
>have zero motivation to actually learn the shit
>>
Python is a meme, it's just an easy programming language and does not make the domain you code in any easier. If you are a moron Python can't help with that.
>>
>>34229437
I'm smart in other things desu
just too intelligent to code
>>
>>34231529
i ended up failing a python course because i was literally too shy and autistic to ask for help

i knew this because everyone else around me was also clueless
>>
i just wrote a poker engine that is like 290 lines of code in python kek. it's still not even complete because there's so many conditions it has to check for instance if both players make a two pair, and both have the same high pair (say both have a pair of Ks then one palyers other pair is 4 and hte other guys pair is 6) it has to eval who won.

['8h', '6d']
['4h', 'Kd']
['4h', 'Kd']
['2h', '3c', '6s', 'Kc', '3d']

for instance thats the output of ten players in the hand these two had the highest ranking hand which was two pair. and the 4K won because his high pair was bigger then the toher players.

ill finish it by tonight minus graphics and actual betting stuff.
>>
>>34228513
>>34228304
Is there something wrong with you if you can't do code academy?
>>
What are you having trouble with OP? Be specific.
>>
im planning on learning programming soon starting with python, are you faggots memeing or is it actually hard.
>>
>>34228304
The only reason I wanted to learn coding was to make a h-game for patreonbux. I'm just using twine now instead
>>
>>34230817
Graduated with honors in math.

That was so long ago, how the time flies when you do absolutely nothing for years.

Like stare at ceiling, sleep, repeat nothing.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.