[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know there are a lot of these threads made, but i wanted to

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1472611462837.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
1472611462837.png
80KB, 500x421px
I know there are a lot of these threads made, but i wanted to make one of my own. I go to a psychiatrist next Thursday and I am scared. I know I need help, but I am terrified to find out what is wrong with me. Anyways have any of you robots been to a psychiatrist? What was it like? What kind of questions do they ask? One last thing will they lock me up if they deem me mentally unstable?
>>
>>34226396
Dont be frightened bro. They arent going to lock you up or anything. Most likely they are going to chit chat with you, have you fill out some questionnaires, have you talk about what your mental health symptoms are (like i get anxious at parties or my depression comes in waves). Once they decide they have a good grasp on what's wrong they'll probably start you off on some meds and a treatment plan. You'll be fine
>>
They'll only lock you up if you're homicidal or suicidal. You get thrown into a looney bin for like 10 days.

All they do is ask you questions then throw pills at you and tell you to come back in a month and then throw more pills at you until you're a mindless drone
>>
>>34226396
You'll be fine, just tell the doctor what's going on. Listen to his assessment but don't take it as the end all be all
>>
>>34226396
Think about it this way, robot. If you already do have something wrong with you, and you don't know what it is, it's still there.
If you do know what it is, maybe you can help fix it, learn to live with it better or make up for it.

Psychologists aren't really anything to be afraid of m8, just be sure to lie about anything related to suicide, doctors have a legal responsibility to report on suicidal urges if they hear about them.
>>
I desperately want to seek mental health help. My insurance doesn't cover it, but my employer gives me $200 a month for medical expenses on an HSA account and I can use that for it.

>$90-$200 per session
>bunch of Christian based Dr's I wouldn't bother with
>none accommodate my work schedule or are open on weekendays

It's hard to believe the state of mental healthcare in the US.
>>
>>34226605
Oh, and make sure to go to a psychologist or therapist over a psychiatrist, one will try to talk you through your problems and the other will offer you subscriptions to pills, some of which may fuck up your mental state more than it is.
>>
>>34226531
i know to lie about being suicidal.

>>34226605
im just scared its schizophrenia, it runs in my family a bit and i dont want that label of mental instability, but you have a point
>>
>>34226605
I think you're mistaken. I work in a mental health related field and we only have to report someone being a danger to themselves or danger to others (DTO/DTS) if they report that they have thought out a plan to do so. I believe that you can talk about your urges all you want as long as you don't say how you plan on doing it.
>>
File: 1484430585036.jpg (73KB, 718x758px) Image search: [Google]
1484430585036.jpg
73KB, 718x758px
l love all of you robots so much
>>
>>34226705
I know it's based on whether or not they are a danger to themselves, but depending on how this anon phrases it and how the psychologist takes it, it might just be better to avoid the subject altogether. If you fix the problems in the robot's life and possibly mind then he won't have reason to kill himself.
>>
What do they ask schizophrenics?
>>
>>34226822
And we love you too
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.