[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody here ever been to a therapist? What makes a good

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg (8KB, 200x281px) Image search: [Google]
Sigmund_Freud_LIFE.jpg
8KB, 200x281px
Has anybody here ever been to a therapist? What makes a good experience vs a bad one?
>>
Whether the therapist is hot. It's usually a better rape experience when they're hot.
>>
>>34225105
they rape you in therapy?
>>
>>34225070
It really depends what you want out of it. Sometimes its nice being able to talk to someone about what you're thinking because you know you can't tell anyone what you're thinking.
>>
Did 4 months of CBT and while it was nice to vent to somebody, it did fuck all for my mental health.

Also did like 6 or 7 months of EMDR and similar methods and worked much much better.

Also, when i started going to CBT i specifically wanted a female therapist because i felt more comfortable with that, but if you're a guy id actually go with a male therapist, since i ended up finding out they can relate to you waaaaay more and can offer better tips / strategies.

If you have any other questions ill answer them.
>>
>>34225215
Are you a guy? Also whats different between EMDR vs cbt
>>
>>34225324
Alright so my main problem is anxiety so ill be sort of explaining it in reference to that.

Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) is basically just talking about shit and expressing your feelings. For some people they really like it but if you have actual problems that you want to be solved by it then it won't do shit for you.

Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) is scientifically proven to help people with PTSD (mainly advised to soldiers and such), but also can be used to target Anxiety since theres some similarities between the two.

Theres a lot more to it, but essentially your mind may have repressed thoughts that end up causing you to be scared of different things, lower self esteem etc. Lets say you had a really 'traumatic' experience as a kid in a store, and then years down the road being in stores causes you anxiety. EMDR basically gets your eyes moving in a way similar to when you sleep (which is when your mind processes experiences and whatnot) and helps you bring up those events so that you can work through them and get over it.

Im not a psychologist so this is a very TLDR, theres a lot more to it, but its not hard to read about quickly online.
>>
>>34225324
also yes I'm a guy.
>>
it's fucking unconfortable, deep down you know how sad it is to be forced to talk to a guy that treats your autism and teach you how to be a normal human being.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.