[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: MSN Live Messenger stories and memories. RIP

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

File: msn-logo.png (192KB, 584x584px) Image search: [Google]
msn-logo.png
192KB, 584x584px
ITT: MSN Live Messenger stories and memories.
RIP
>>
>>34222173
implying that you're going to get decent posts about this in a board full of underage faggots
>>
>not AIM stores and memories
>>
>>34222215
Pretty sure kids born in 2000 used it too.
t. January 1998
>>34222249
Look at this inferior pleb.
>>
>>34222269
but the retards in here probably could only write by 2010 and msn was almost gone then
>>
> download msn messenger plus+
> lets you send sounds on autoplay if both people have it.
> send inappropriate sound fx to friends in group chat and make them rage quit when their mom hears

Why did the good times end?
>>
>>34222334
>but the retards in here probably could only write by 2010
This made me laugh.
>>34222344
>nudge friends multiple times
Easy way to get a beating at school the next day.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1483321967593.jpg (31KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483321967593.jpg
31KB, 640x480px
>putting MSN on the school computers which pissed off the IT guy
>getting the instant nudge script
>sending each other random sound files

Good times
>>
File: 460px-ICQ.svg.png (19KB, 460x193px) Image search: [Google]
460px-ICQ.svg.png
19KB, 460x193px
>>34222249
>not ICQ stories and memories
>>
File: photo8.jpg (47KB, 410x400px) Image search: [Google]
photo8.jpg
47KB, 410x400px
Anyone else spent their early teens pirating mp3s and ROMs over IRC with a 56k dial-up connection?
>>
>>34222554
2old4me

>"Hacking" other grade-schoolers MSN accounts (either guessing their password or finding it written down in their schoolbooks)
>Chatting with someone we knew had a crush on the hacked account. Set up a date somewhere really hard to get to at a really inconvenient time.
>Much rage and butthurt ensued.
>>
File: IMG_0168.jpg (51KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0168.jpg
51KB, 400x388px
>that bit of excitement you would get when you heard the new message sound
>>
File: 533534.jpg (8KB, 236x282px) Image search: [Google]
533534.jpg
8KB, 236x282px
I was a normie back then, I used to update my username with "anyone wanna do anything?" and sign in and out and boom lots of messages from..... friends......

those were good times.

now I am a mid 20's NEET.
>>
NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE NUDGE
>>
>>34223551
>>34223617
Guys, please. My heart.
>>
>>34223407
Too young for IRC piracy but I was on WinMX back in the day.

Recently had a dream that I dug out my old PC from the attic and signed into MSN and my high school oneitis was online and she offered to meet up with me.

I can't even remember what her face looked like or how to spell her surname but I've been thinking about her a lot lately.

I remember one night she BRB'd to go visit her bf and later she told me about how she lost her virginity to him. I didn't even care at that point. I think maybe I had a chance with her once but I was blind to it and became apathetic.
>>
>>34223617
I was similar to this. I could chat to girls like they were normal people and make jokes. Then I seemed to contract autism and pushed everyone away.
>>
>>34222173
>you will never post in MSN game chatrooms in 2000 again
>>
I miss the days of MSN. All my younger sister's friends thought I was the coolest guy, half of them had a crush on me. One of them was obsessed with me after I casually called her babe in a conversation on MSN and she thought I liked her. Wasn't the coolest kid at school, but was one of the smartest so had plenty of friends.

I had a QT grillfriend I met on maplestory and would stay up late on the computer talking to her. I remember the first time I got a webcam and could do video chat with her. Would both sit there late at night chatting but neither of us would talk so we didn't wake our parents up. Just type and look at her beautiful face.

Now I'm a few months away from being 25, no gf, no job, spent 90% of my time in the same bedroom I've had since I was 8. Where did it all go so wrong?
>>
my friends were all on AIM, not MSN

I used an old version of it because with old versions of AIM, you could edit a config file and delete this other file to break the ad-serving component. The main window would just have an empty area instead of an ad. I was ad-blocking before it was cool.
>>
I had a bunch of friends on it from school and would chat with at least 5 different girls each day, with them talking to me first, and sit on webcam with them for hours.

t. 22 year old virgin
>>
>>34223617
>I was a normie back then, I used to update my username with "anyone wanna do anything?" and sign in and out and boom lots of messages from..... friends......

Oh youre one of those faggots that signed in and out all the time. That was fucking annoying, you know that right?

I would block faggots that would do that.
>>
>>34224962
The dude just wanted someone to talk to, man.
>>
It was a fun messaging service, is there still anything similar?
>>
MSN Messenger was the last chat application I ever used. Once it forced you to update to Skype (I didnt 'till the very last day when it forced you to), I stopped using it.
Even Facebook's web version of its chat sucks so I never use it. And I hate texting on a damn phone. It's so unconventional without a full keyboard.
>>
>>34225048
Even if there were, it wouldn't be the same.
>>
>>34222173

>crush appears online
me: hey hows it going!
>crush goes offline

fucking cunt
>>
why'd you have to make me cry like this, anons?
>>
>had a mac
>used a client called mercury because there wasn't an official one
>let you nudge infinitely without time limit between them
>did it in a group convo and crashed 3 people's computers

Who /devilish/ here
>>
>>34225389
There was a nudge limit?
>>
>>34225314

She went offline but was still talking to people in offline mode, just not you.
>>
>>34222173
I had Dragon Messenger or something, it took my normie ass 3 days to figure out hot to install the skin. It was fucking awesome.
>>
>>34225447
Between sending nudges yeah
>>
I used to talk to this one girl everyday. We'd both come on our laptops after school, not open up Facebook or anything, just MSN and talk to each other. We'd talk everyday. I eventually told her I liked her but she didn't like me back. She kept telling me that I was the most important person to her though. Always wanted more. Would spend hours talking to her. Just talking. You don't get that anymore. Barely anyone wants to talk to me. Girls hate me. Damn.
>>
>>34225389
>>did it in a group convo and crashed 3 people's computers

Ah yes, the times when computers would crash all the fucking time.

>go to someone's MySpace page
>she had a custom background, gifs everywhere, a music video and music all playing at the same time
>my Pentium III Windows 98SE computer crashes

Fucking cunt.
>>
>>34225526
What happened to her anon, did you drift apart?
>>
>>34222173
>meet really cute girl on campus
>hit it off good
>we mostly chat on msn between classes
>heart pounds as i see that yellow flashing msn icon in my taskbar
>literally the best thing in the world
>fast forward few weeks
>start noticing im always the one heavily carrying the conversations
>its a damn challenge to get her to open up about anything, always one word responses
>no clue why, didnt piss her off or anything
>decide maybe i should give her more space
>message her less often
>still madly in love with her though
>modify my msn status to reflect something that might get her to respond
>doesnt work
>her b-day is coming up
>tell her happy b-day and whatnot, try to start convo
>she doesnt respond at all
>heart sinks a bit, but w/e
>dont message her for a few days
>still sign-in, even though she's the only one on my friends list
>shes' always offline
>send her offline message
>keep checking for responses, but nothing
>check her twitter
>she mentions some fun convo she had with a friend on msn
>wait wut, i was on msn at that time and didnt see her on
>get sick feeling, think i know whats going on
>use tool to check if she deleted me
>she did
>give up on her entirely
>>
>be a dumb script kid
>post in a hacking forum filled with other early teen kids often
>add a dude from the forum on msn to do some "business"
>randomly start chatting with him in broken english from time to time
>turns out hes my age and hes from a nordic country
>talk about video games, energy drinks n whatever
>eventually become close
now its been like 8yrs and hes the only person i really talk to every single day. we have eachothers numbers and text about random shit and life all day. probably gonna visit him some time this year and have fun
>>
>>34226152
This is pretty cute, bro.
>>
>>34226152
good to hear that at least someone here has some good memories
>>
>>34226255
>>34226227
hah glad u liked the story
when we started getting older, growing out of all that mumbo jumbo, msn became a thing of the past, and we lived 2 completely different lives, we still kept in touch. we even started an actual online business at one point. it was pretty fun, and the money we made helped me out a lot since i live in a poor country
we both have normal social lives, but still i consider him my closest friend. kinda feels like we grew up together.

have some interesting msn related stories. will post later if i dont pass out when i get home from work
>>
>>34226152

Nice, anon.

I also know someone I meet in a anime forum. It's been like 12 years since I met him and I still talk to him. We used to talk daily, and now it's more of once in a while, but we're still cool after all these years. I also hope to meet him IRL one day.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.