[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

You Are Being Lied To

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

File: marriage.jpg (131KB, 710x960px) Image search: [Google]
marriage.jpg
131KB, 710x960px
Most first marriages succeed
>see Psychology Central's 'myth of high divorce'
More young women are remaining virgins
>See Live Science's 'Virgins on the Rise'
10% of the men have a lot of sex with - 10% of the women. There is *no* "cock carousel"
>See the CDC Analysis of medical records and epidemiology
Marriage is objectively good for you
>Virtually all studies of marriage in the last 100 years
>the benefits start when you marry, end when you aren't married, so none of the 'correlation isn't causation' folderol - the correlation is strong
You are being lied to - you can find a virgin spouse, you can stay married, there is no cock carousel, and marriage is good for you
>>
>You are being lied to

By who, exactly?

All of the things you posted are known by the average guy, even not on r9k
>>
>>34217133
>there is no cock carousel
well there is but barely anyone takes part in it
>>
File: good kids 2.jpg (78KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
good kids 2.jpg
78KB, 960x640px
>>34217170
By all sorts of people.
Feminists who hate marriage started the myth of the 50% divorce rate, which the MSM gleefully repeats without ever checking
Ditto for the idea that there are no virgins, plus toss in some bitterness.
The cock carousel is an invention of PUAs to sell ebooks to rubes.
>>
>>34217251
Normie here.

Keep telling yourself that.
>>
>>34217289
The truth?
Absolutely I will
>>
I actually found a virgin girl recently. Started hanging, moved to making out, dropped her like a hot potato when I realized how shit her taste in media is and when I found out that she isn't willing to do anything other than making out and eventually sex, sex which probably won't come for ages. She's unwilling to do anything inbetween, no fingering, no eating out, because that's all 'gross'.

There tends to be a reason girls are virgins and it's not because they're saving themselves. Turns out she was one of those girls who spent every lunch in high school reading alone in the library.

I mean, I was hardly popular in highschool but I used that to develop a wide set of knowledge in a set of (admittedly) nerdy interests, all she cares about is Dr. Who, Sherlock, and Harry Potter as if she's some sort of tumblrite (I asked her, she's never heard of the site) and literally nothing else.
>>
>>34218105
This is pretty solid bait, kohai
>>
>>34218129
I wish it were bait because I've been giving her the cold shoulder for 2 months now and she still won't take the hint.
>>
>>34218105
Yeah but that means she is easy to mold, girls become the way they are because of the guys they get with. Just start slow and pressure her over time (don't beg that just puts them off) with little things so she can learn to like it. I know a virgin but she looks like my fat sister.
>>
>>34218105
Cute virgin girl who is shy of sex.

FUCKING PERFECT! And you puke in her mouth and drop her. Another qt virgin with your sloppy saliva all over her. Fuck you.
>>
>>34218232
>>34218277
desu, I'd be more likely to 'take her under my wing' if I were in a better place right now, but as is, I don't want to have to be investing the time and effort into improving her, and as is right now, she's not worth spending time with.

That and I'm at Uni, opportunities are all over the place and I'd rather have someone I actually make a connection with than someone that I'm literally shaping in my own image, that idea just doesn't sit right with me.
>>
>>34218358
If she is anywhere near Western Europe redirect her to me please.

Actually.. Wherever the fuck she is. Me.
>>
But I see those "lies" reflected in my family and social circles.
>>
>>34218213
OK, you are a confirmed moron.
>>
>>34218386
UK. She's a chubby tomboy.

>inb4 THICC memes and 'FUCKING PERFECT'

I honestly thought she was a guy for the first week I knew her.
>>
>>34218413
How much is because you live in high risk populations?
How much is confirmation bias?
How much is lies?
>>
>>34218422
>Hurrdurr you aren't blindly throwing yourself at any and every girl you get the chance to, you must be retarded!
>>
>>34218442
Pics, contact. Now.

I'll work together to make the transition to me as smooth as possible.
>>
File: 1484502816922.png (1MB, 1175x944px) Image search: [Google]
1484502816922.png
1MB, 1175x944px
OP do you live in real life? do you realize how fucked up and sick people are? you believe the facade that you're shown from the normalfags? fucking cancerous fuckpig breeders. driven only by their lust and their ego. they rationalize and justify, but they are disgusting inside. just as disgusting as the most degenerate robots here. maybe even more so, as at least the robots are honest about it.
>>
>>34218448
>How much is because you live in high risk populations?
I'm not a nigger or some shit.
My friends are pretty normal people.
It's not quite to the extent /r9k/ says, with women fucking hundreds of guys, but you'd be hard pressed to find a girl who hasn't had casual sex.
I am Australian though, and our culture is vile.

>How much is confirmation bias?
I can't say, but I'm definitely not exaggerating it to any great extent.

>How much is lies?
People go to effort to hide it a lot of the time, I don't know why they'd be lying.
>>
File: IMG_5767.jpg (111KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5767.jpg
111KB, 728x546px
>>34217133

Where do I find a traditional girl that just wants to get pregnant and cook for me?
>>
>>34217133
>Most first marriages succeed
Remaining married isn't in and of itself good and doesn't comment on the quality of the relationship at all.
>More young women are remaining virgins
As are more men.
>10% of the men have a lot of sex with - 10% of the women. There is *no* "cock carousel"
The concept is born form the culture, you don't need to directly participate to have warped morals.
>Marriage is objectively good for you
Most use easy to measure metrics such as income, housing, hours worked, material goods collected, and promotions. No mention of the males happiness with the relationship or personally.
>You are being lied to - you can find a virgin spouse, you can stay married, there is no cock carousel, and marriage is good for you
See all the above.
>>
File: stupid-burns.jpg (129KB, 600x682px) Image search: [Google]
stupid-burns.jpg
129KB, 600x682px
>>34218944
>Remaining married isn't in and of itself good and doesn't comment on the quality of the relationship at all.
You didn't even finish reading OP before you went full retard.
Married people live longer, are healthier, have less stress, have more social connections, make more money, and have a higher overall quality of life. This starts as soon as you marry and ends as soon as marriage ends.
So - WRONG!
>As are more men.
And?
>The concept is born form the culture, you don't need to directly participate to have warped morals.
Yes. You do. Otherwise the germans who resisted Nazis were as bas as naziis because 'muh culture'. When you reject bad choices and make good one you are *not* 'just as bad', you fuckwit.
So - WRONG!
>No mention of the males happiness with the relationship or personally.
Actually, one of the first measures is attitudes and happiness. Men within marriage are much less stressed and report much higher levels of happiness.
So - WRONG!
Thanks for confirming you have no idea WTF you are talking about
>>
>>34218557
Churches, mainly
>>
>applying previous generation's divorce rates to what our vile degenerate generation is going to do

>trusting women who say they're virgins
>>
File: BRF.jpg (87KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
BRF.jpg
87KB, 1280x720px
>>34219175
>You think current numbers = 'previous generations'
>thinking 'analysis of epidemiological records, medical records, birth rates, abortion rates, and such' = 'asking women'
>>
>>34219141
>No, people with adequate amounts of quality relationships live longer, are healthier, have less stress, have more social connections, and have a higher overall quality of life. Just because your country is fucked doesn't mean the rest of the world is.

Simply because someone hasn't been able to capitalize on the opportunity for sex doesn't make them a well raised non-slut. Simply being a virgin isn't enough.

I'll but it this way, restrictionless body positivist is destructive. The adherent doesn't have to become destructive (obese, etc) , but increased subscription to the idea creates the groundwork for many more less driven people to give in.

Context matters an men generally trend toward contentment with age. Yet those studies site parents being more stressed than singles of the same age.
>>
>>34219419
>>You think current numbers = 'previous generations'

When it's talking about the rates of divorce after 10 years of marriage, they're not talking about this generation, unless people were getting married straight out of high school.

>>thinking 'analysis of epidemiological records, medical records, birth rates, abortion rates, and such' = 'asking women'

Unless they were going around inspecting hymens tee hee I broke it horse riding, how are they going to know if a girl has had sex?
>>
none of that will make my face less ugly and deformed
>>
>>34219490
>people with adequate amounts of quality relationships
Made up bullshit.
People who live together without being married do NOT have the benefits of marriage.
If they marry *and nothing else changes* then their lives improve. Just as if they divorce and nothing else changes their life decline in quality.
So fuck off with your New Age 'quality relationship' bullshit, Feminist.
>those studies site [sic] parents being more stressed than singles of the same age.
Because of concern for their children, yes, and once the children are grown?
Back to being less stressed.
>>
>>34219532
Girls can in fact break their hymen by accident. As a young kid, witnessed a girl fall on her vagina really hard, she started crying. You can tell who the real virgins are by the way they act.
>>
>>34219532
Translation
>"I don't understand how statistical analysis or longitudinal studies work"
We know, kid,
We know
>>
File: brit.jpg (11KB, 250x350px) Image search: [Google]
brit.jpg
11KB, 250x350px
>>34219532
>"Wow. Every 10 years the rate of divorce for people married 10 years goes *down*"
>"Yeah! And as we track population cohorts the same is true for 5, 15, 20, etc. years"
>"Are there any other, correlating, factors?"
>"Many! We should see if the correlating factors have any relevance and patterns, too!"
>"Nah. There is a sub-literate fuckwit on /r9k/ that thinks all we do is guess."
>"Frank, notice how there is a .85 correlation between STD rates and increased sexual activity in youth? Or that there is a .8 to .9 correlation in abortion rates and increased sexual activity?"
>"That's almost nothing compared to the correlations in prescriptions and the purchase of birth control! And we aren't even talking about the close parity in access to free condoms in clinics and underage sex!"
>"Do you think if we cross-indexed all of those, combined them with reports from pediatricians and OB/GYNs that anonymously report sexual activity, and then compared it to the 4 tiers of self-reporting we could achieve a very high level of accuracy in our estimates of actual sexual activity?"
>"Nah. There is a guy on /r9k/ that failed out of 9th grade Geometry that thinks we're stupid"
>>
>>34219693
>Made up bullshit
We see this most acutely in child development all the time, it takes years to socialize them and there are often life long effects they must cope with. I'm not talking about this partner changing pseudo marriage people engage in as the detrimental effects of that are also well documented, but having a family/community they thoroughly belong to, feel accepted in, and can noticeably contribute positively to. Marriage/romantic monogamous love is one expression of that.

True for Americans, who are generally touch starved, isolated individuals.

Being grown doesn't change how often the parents think with concern of their children/grandchildren, being old simply reduces the tendency to overindulge.
>>
>>34217133
Ok, let's be careful here with our reasoning.

What these studies show is that /marriage/ is good for you.

They don't show that /getting married/ is good for you.

You don't have complete control over whether or not you stay married. 80% of all divorces are initiated by women.

And getting divorced or staying in a bad marriage can both ruin your life.
>>
>>34217133
klol, u aint even trying to proselytize just yellin at people.
for how smart u think u are, u sure doin a diservice to yo message
>>
>>34219983
>80% of all divorces are initiated by women.
So what? Less than 30% of first marriages fail and about 40 percent of 'wife initiated' divorces are after the husband abandons the family. so you have, what? A maximum of a 15% chance she'll divorce you?
And that is 'in general.
Marry virgin, go to church with her every week, and talk about finances at least once a month and pow! Your odds of her divorcing you are 'margin of error' (about 2%)
Or do you think a 2% chance of her leaving you isn't worth the shot at a longer, healthier, happier life with more money, more (and better quality) sex, and more friends?
>>
>>34219699
>You can tell who the real virgins are by the way they act
plenty of girls give off an aura of sweetness and innocence but in actuality are whores. you can't trust how they act to give you an accurate reading; they've essentially been training since they were 12 to trick men.
>>
>>34220098
Based upon what I can decipher of your sub-literate jumbles I am sure the simple presentation of facts confuses and frightens you
>>
>>34217251
>>34217464
>virgin that has never been to a party in highschool
>never had experience with relationships

Most of the girls that went to my school lost their virginity by sophomore year. They openly bragged about having sex and all the weird shit they could do sexually. Many of them got pregnant and their boyfriends ran away. There were only a handful of couples who ended up marrying each other and being happy. Keep thinking your chinese cartoons are a representation of reality
>>
>>34220169
ya, u like facts so much grammer and not the content of my position was the focus
u know xactly wut im talkin about
>>
>>34220141
>go to church with her every week
I'm an atheist, even if I marry a Christian girl, I'm sleeping in on Sundays :P

I'm not sure how well the other stuff works, maybe it does. I'm still not sure if I want to get married- I kinda like living alone desu. But maybe when I get a bit older I'll want someone to settle down with.
>>
>>34217170
>>34217220
>>34217289
>>34218549
>>34218557
>>34219175
>>34219175
>>34220186
please stop feeding some roastie bitter she will die alone
>>
File: IMG_0630.jpg (58KB, 720x757px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0630.jpg
58KB, 720x757px
>>34217133
>Psychology Central
>a reliable source
>>
>>34220255
Why would a roastie go through all this trouble?
Just seems like an overly elaborate ruse or paid sponsor.
>>
>>34220186
>Most of the girls that went to my school lost their virginity by sophomore year.
Statistically, 60% were still virgins. You just hung out with the sluts.
> Many of them got pregnant
The average teen pregnancy rate is less than 2.5% and that is highly concentrated in certain minority populations
So you went to school where> Inner city Detroit?
>posting something from a "sexologist" about Tinder
>wanting to be taken seriously
pick one
>>
>>34220236
Try using a spelling checker so that you are using actual words.
>>
>>34220312
Yea, I was trying to find out who funded them, but 5 seconds on google was all I could commit.
>>
>>34220317
Give me a source, cuck
>>
>>34220250
>I'm an atheist,
Go to a Unitarian Universalist service at 1 pm (they have brunch, usually)
>>
>>34220312
>Then just use the Ohio State Marriage Analysis - it is behind a Journal wall, but a college library can give you access
>>
>>34220361
Read OP, genius
>>
it is very off-putting when you hear from casual female friends who you assumed were fairly chaste that they don't understand your opposition to promiscuity and that they would have sex with random attractive men if they weren't so shy. or when you overhear groups of girls frequently talk about having sex with acquaintances. the fact is girls not like this are in the minority, but the belief some on /r9k/ have that none exist is false.
>>
Yall think the bot posters will log this thread for repost in a few days?
>>
>>34220406
>Live Science and Psychology Central
wow very convincing
>>
>>34220417
>the fact is girls not like this are in the minority, but the belief some on /r9k/ have that none exist is false.

I want to believe
Do you have any actual source for this claim?
>>
>>34217133
Yup...people say what they are, most of the people who say crazy shit on 4chan are just edgey teens

I should have outgrown this site by now yet I keep coming here
>>
You don't need statistics. Just look around you. Promiscuity is encouraged. Women are getting married later.
>>
All I know is that EVERY generation of men when they get older tell the young guys to disregard whores and live for themselves, and there's not a funded website or organisation on this entire planet which will be more valuable than an old mans story.
>>
>>34217133
>marriage is the only refuge from a desolate culture, yet enslaves you to the economic system and country which perpetuates it
really makes the beans boil
>>
>>34220453
not sure how you want me to operationalise that. girls who have had no sexual partners?

http://webcenters.netscape.compuserve.com/love/package.jsp?name=fte/cdcstudy/cdcstudy
15% of adults at 21 are virgins, presumably a lower percentage for adult males and a higher percentage for adult females.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/love-sex/have-i-had-an-average-amount-of-sexual-partners-10297819.html
17% say they've only had one sexual partner.
>>
>>34220504
>You don't need statistics. Just look around you.
The anthem of every brand of retard.
>>
>>34220605
>Netscape Love and Dating
I think it's safe to assume that these are old statistics
>>
>>34220605
You call these reliable sources in 2017 on 4chan?
A years old dating site and ((independent))?

I really would like to believe these numbers but the truth is I'm not stupid enough.
>>
>>34220655
>>34220735
yeah, that was the expected response.

the problem is that you want to believe what you believe. i could show you any amount of evidence and it wouldn't change anything, you would still find a way to disregard it. i hope you can open your mind at some point in the future.
>>
>>34220186
that picture has no fucking source stop posting it. unless you wanna believe some neckbeard
>>
>>34220793
Literally everything you just said can be applied to yourself.
I could pull up a thousand statistics on why and how much of woman are whores and you wouldn't believe it.
I do admire how you come to this exact spot on the entire internet to preach your philosophy, maybe you'd entertain us by explaining why that is.
>>
Bump to break the blue pill conditioning
>>
>>34220793
Please answer>>34220886
Or we can disregard the entire thread as shilling by roastietoastie
>>
Most people aren't going to be convinced by statistics or logic. Emotional arguments rule. So here's my less rational argument. Look at your family. You parents, siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles. Look at your neighbors and co-workers. What do you see? Don't believe the lies of internet white knights and skypes. They do NOT have your interests at heart.

Here's the rational argument:

The "but you have to account for X" goes both ways. You know who has a very high rate of divorce and very low rates of pre-marital sex? The Amish, Orthodox Jews, and (much more numerous than either group) religious Christians in general. Exclude them from the analysis and you're back to a cock carousel and a high divorce rate, if you're a secular white, it isn't any different from the average. And how many of those men who get married are happy there? Many are deeply unhappy, being controlled by their wives as if they were a child, but they can't end the union, as they would end up in kangaroo family court.

"the benefits start when you marry, end when you aren't married"

Suppose you looked at a correlation between owning a Ferrari and income. Income would be high when people own the ferrari, if they sell it off, it will be likely that their income is lower. The causation goes the other way - when men have high incomes, women chase them, when incomes decline, women cut them lose.
>>
>>34220570
You mean my great-grandfather, a famous Jewish rabbi, told his son to avoid "whores" and live for himself?* People don't say that because it's some innate characteristic of men. People say that because this generation of women are objectively whores.

*Yes, I'm 1/4 ((()))
>>
>>34218105
>There tends to be a reason girls are virgins and it's not because they're saving themselves.

This is extremely true, goes for guys also. There are rare girls that are actually saving themselves, but a lot of them will still have sex in a "moment of weakness" with some guy that gets their pussy insanely wet.
>>
>>34221428

Of my parents, aunts, and uncles, there were four first marriages, of which three survived. In the one that didn't(my parent's), my mother married again, that marriage failed. Note that I have an aunt who had a kid out of wedlock and never got married and an uncle who has never gotten married and has no children. Of these first marriages, only one can be called religious. So I can believe this statistic. The really religious are only like 15% of the White population. So I would estimate that the real divorce rate for first marriage among secular whites is something like 30%.

Note, however, that this is only true for first marriages, so you can't just "get married," she has to have never been married before. Note also that you guys are autists and that your marriages have a much more substantial chance of failure because of that. Lots of guys end up thinking that after they reach 30, the tables have turned, only to realize when the divorce happens that she still has access to many more fuckbuddies than you do. She can get back on the carousel, any time she wants.
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.