[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Was a NEET for several years >Went to college in an attempt

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1483809119198.jpg (68KB, 500x500px)
1483809119198.jpg
68KB, 500x500px
>Was a NEET for several years
>Went to college in an attempt to turn my life around
>Received EE degree and even a nice GPA
>Never interned and can't find a job now, internships require that you be in school
>Will soon have a year of unemployment after graduating college
>Considering graduate school, but it will put me in more than $100k debt
>Not sure if my family can help me pay for it, even if I do get loans, since they're retiring soon
>Now 27 years old

Should I just kill myself? I have no idea what to do now.
>>
do you need gradschool?
>>
>>34215678
You can always go bankrupt and start over.
>>
I know what you mean, anon. I just got my ME degree a month ago with a nice GPA but no internships. Now I'm having trouble finding a job. If I were you, I wouldn't go to gradschool because being overqualified without any relevant job experience doesn't look good. I hope you find a job soon. I don't know what advice to give because I'm not sure what to do either :/
>>
>>34215753
That would destroy my credit. You can't escape student loans either.

>>34215734
Graduate school could give me a better chance at finding an internship and a job, but it will put me in a huge amount of debt. I also don't know if it will give me enough loans and my family may not be able to help me pay for it.
>>
>>34215823
You can build your credit back up going bankrupt isn't always a bad thing look into it.
>>
what do you want to do, anon?

is the money important to you?
>>
>>34215838
Not OP, but bankruptcy doesn't discharge student loans.

Source: Committed bankruptcy last year.
>>
>>34215678
Similar story here, different major though and I got kicked out of my job I got soon after college. Currently and for the forseeable future, a NEET. I find it really weird about your case because at my college, completing an internship was a requirement to graduate. I did it, everyone did it. Your college fucked you up, and don't listen to these retards saying you need to get into more debt. College doesn't guarantee you a job and it's kind of a scam anyway.
>>
>>34215913
I want a useful job and enough money to live a decently comfortable life. It would be nice to have some kind of career and do something important with my life too, which is why graduate school might be the right choice. Right now I'm just depressed and living with my parents.
>>
>>34215678
Is EE electrical engineering?

If so are there any local small businesses that you could work at? You might be a bit overqualified to install cables and shit but it would give you work experience and a reference
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.