[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

pitbulls

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 147
Thread images: 32

File: 1310.jpg (81KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
1310.jpg
81KB, 640x1136px
im pretty sure everyone who has a problem with them are just fucking bigots
>>
My friend has a pitbull and it's adorable, but god damn do I fucking hate how pitbull owners go on and on about this shit.
>>
>>34214119
Here's the face of a killer, everybody.
>>
Rottweilers should be the ones banned everywhere.
>>
>>34214260
Fuck you.
Rottweilers are the original killers, they never kill their owners just other people.
>>
Its because when pits sperg out they actaully have the potential to kill.
>>
File: 1484351169891.jpg (442KB, 638x3464px) Image search: [Google]
1484351169891.jpg
442KB, 638x3464px
Pit Bulls are the niggers of canines.
>>
when is the gun industry going to realize the best way to push against anti-gun laws is to create kawaii-uguu guns?
>>
>>34214119

No, they are as ugly as they are stupid.
Have you ever tried to play frisbee with one? It just bounces off their head.
>>
Pit bullsprobably are more dangerous than most other common breeds of dog simply because if they have been raised terribly they have the potential to do a lot more damage than most breeds. They're powerful dogs, but banning them is silly.
>>
>>34214559
LOL of course this would happen where I live. Pit Bulls everywhere
>>
File: pitbull attack.png (163KB, 649x329px) Image search: [Google]
pitbull attack.png
163KB, 649x329px
>>34214119
Obvious bait, but it hooked me.
>>
>>34214559
>He eats watermelon!!!
>Niggers

Kek
>>
>>34214119
Most pit owners are fucking scum

originally serious
>>
Pit bulls are one of a few breeds of dog that are actually MORE dangerous than the wolves they descend from. They are not suitable as pets any more than other dangerous, wild animals.
>>
http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics.php

By compiling U.S. and Canadian press accounts between 1982 and 2014, Merritt Clifton, editor of Animals 24-7, shows the dog breeds most responsible for disfiguring injuries and deaths.

The combination of molosser breeds, including pit bulls, rottweilers, presa canarios, cane corsos, mastiffs, dogo argentinos, fila brasieros, sharpeis, boxers, and their mixes, inflict:

86% of attacks that induce bodily harm
81% of attacks to children
89% of attack to adults
76% of attacks that result in fatalities
86% that result in maiming
Embody 9.2%+ of the total dog population
>>
>>34214612
I blame the culture surrounding 'pets'.
They are not giving the respect deserved and training isn't necessary. Dogs are hard for any average human to stave off and one as powerful as a pit bull would wreck the vast majority of people. A chihuahua can't cause irreparable damage, I think most people approach pet ownership from such a position of disregard that it is a great disservice to average and powerful breeds.
>>
these kinds of violent pet breeds are a third-world / poverty-ridden zone thing only, right?
>>
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/pitbull-owner-in-custody-after-child-dies-in-attack-/386660718

>A little boy died on the scene of a pit bull attack Tuesday morning. Within hours, the dog owner was in custody.

>Two other children were injured: a little girl is in critical condition and the other child was evaluated and released, according to Atlanta Police spokesperson Warren Pickard.

>>34214770
Nope. They're all over the U.S. even in wealthy white neighborhoods. They're also spreading to places like the UK and Canada. Thankfully some places in Canada have the sense to ban these beasts instead of letting children die just so people can have their widdle pibble wibbles.
>>
>>34214236
<3 so kawaii senpai bundy
>>
>>34214747
They don't have any fear response. They've been bred to not give a fuck about danger. Normally predators back off when they're challenged to protect themselves because they can't hunt if they're hurt but these dogs don't do that. Even if you're bigger, even if you yell or hit it, the thing just doesn't give a fuck. The only way to make it stop is killing it.
>>
File: aaaaaaa.jpg (258KB, 1280x939px) Image search: [Google]
aaaaaaa.jpg
258KB, 1280x939px
>>34214559
why cant girls read faces? the eyes literally tell you that this dog is unpredictable
>>
>>34214742
>The combination of molosser breeds, including pit bulls, rottweilers, presa canarios, cane corsos, mastiffs, dogo argentinos, fila brasieros, sharpeis, boxers, and their mixes,
literally nigger dogs
>>
>>34214747
this right here. unfortunately, the animals have to suffer for it.
>>
File: 1483620043740.jpg (45KB, 531x612px) Image search: [Google]
1483620043740.jpg
45KB, 531x612px
>there are people who unironically defend this breed and act shocked when it "just snapped one day"
>>
>>34214805
>They're also spreading to places like the UK

Molosser breeds have always been popular here, we just don't have as much media hype surrounding them when they do attack people

I think there is a culture difference as well, even the scummiest chavs over here (who will be the ones who own pitbulls) seem to treat their dogs far better than what I've seen of Americans. The idea of making your dog sleep outside over here is almost unheard of.
>>
>>34214559
> spay/neuter: no

Fucking idiots.
>>
>>34214742
hol up, yeah boxers are molossers but id bet they make up a very small number of those attacks, boxers are rarely aggressive to humans
>>
The only times I've been bitten by someone else's dog, they've been pit bulls. Five incidents that I can remember.
Last summer, I was just walking by some guy walking his two pit bulls. There was enough slack in the leash (the owner was picking up their shit, I think) for one to jump at me and start biting. They're incredibly stupid animals, so of course once the first one started biting, the other had to get in on the action too. Didn't get seriously hurt or anything, but definitely didn't improve my opinion of pit bulls.
>>
>>34214857
Suprised germans shepard bites are so rare. Those things can be trained to be vicious a fuck.
>>
People just don't recognize them for what they are: weapons. These dogs are weaponized animals. That's what makes them good as guard dogs, but it also makes them dangerous to people in general. They're not dogs that you should keep as a pet, they're not your cuddly little friend they're a weapon. It's a dangerous animal you keep chained up outside to deter robbers in a bad neighborhood.
>>
I don't think I've ever seen an aggressive pit bull who's owner wasn't an asshole who clearly got a dog just so he could have an oh so scary pit bull

I'm sure the breed may well have something to do with it, but it doesn't help that people who want a dog that will be aggressive instantly go to pitbulls, only reinforcing the sterotype
>>
>>34214838
Yes, I understand that, which is why if someone wanted to pursue ownership they must be capable and held responsible for their actions by their community. The vast majority are not.
This is the sacrifice intrinsic to individual freedom. Someone could abruptly unsubscribe and harm/infringe upon others. The hope is us being free, we interact enough to identify and address the issue before it causes terrible damage.
>>
>>34214932
This, they're owners always give those fucking mutts just enough leash/chain to lunge at passersby.
>>
File: Comeatme.jpg (439KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Comeatme.jpg
439KB, 1440x2560px
>>34214947
Pic related is my German Shepherd. I think the major difference is they're smart enough to be trained to be loving or an attack dog whereas pit Bulls are just fucking stupid and wreck less.

Much like their nigger owners.
>>
>>34214947
A shepherd is a dog that CAN BE TRAINED. That's why they're used by law enforcement. Their behavior can be controlled. Pit bulls are not smart dogs, they don't take training well.
>>
>>34214849
Too bad they aren't just owned by blacks.

>>34214860
It's completely false to try to claim that these dogs snap and kill their owners, children, and other pets because of how they are raised. You don't need to teach normal dog breeds not to kill their family.

>making your dog sleep outside

Pretty uncommon, even here in hick Southwest. Even the few people who I do know that do that have a heated shed for the dogs. Regardless, sleeping outside doesn't make normal dogs kill their families or maul people with zero provocation.
>>
>>34214932
>>34214963
My cousins have pitbulls and if they leave the gate open those dogs will run up and just start harrasing people for the fuck of it. THey're vicious dogs that feed off fear. fuck pitbulls.
>>
Pit bulls are shitty by any metric of a dog
They're not particularly strong, they're really fucking stupid, impossible to train and they're just ugly
Dogs in general are shit, but they're the smelliest shit in the heap
>>
>>34214857
>and act shocked
These are the people who either need to commit themselves to vigorous research and training in pet ownership or should be disallowed from owning.
Access to information and proper framing will hopefully empower people to make better choices.
>>
http://www.fox2detroit.com/news/local-news/229045436-story

>family pit bull attacks toddler
>then attacks grandma and mom
>then attacks cops too

>>34214901
>muh anecdote

Until you do your own in depth statistical analysis, I'm calling bullshit.
>>
File: Rottweiler-3.jpg (73KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
Rottweiler-3.jpg
73KB, 900x450px
>>34214119
What does r9k think of these doggos? It used to be that rottwilliers were the posterboys for vicious dogs but I hardly hear about them anymore.
>>
>>34214901
-t. Boxer owner
>>
>>34215107
Nothing can save them come the day of the rope
>>
>>34215107
I think you need to be honest with yourself. Do you have time to properly train it on a daily basis? Will you be consistent? Will you go out of your way to socialize it with other puppies, dogs, animals, babies etc at a young age?

Owning a rottie, gsd, or even a husky takes a huge commitment and isn't recommended for first time dog owners. These breeds are like owning a gun that you can pet.
>>
>>34215107
I wouldn't ever own a pit bull or rottweiler personally. There are other breeds that can do the job of guard dog better than they can. A dog that is a danger to the people it's supposed to protect is not a good guard dog in my opinion.
>>
>>34215107
They just need good training to be good dogs.
Pits can't be trained to not be bad dogs. Thats the distinction.
>>
>>34214990
Your dog looks funky.
>>
>>34215107
Agressive and dangerous, but not as bad as pit type breeds. You'd be way better off with a better breed unless you have a lot of land and livestock and NEED a guard dog. Because they aren't pets, they're working dogs, and they are going to need a lot of exercise, training, and care in order to do their jobs safely and well. If you want a widdle puppers to snuggle with, then get a shitzu or something.

And even then you'd be better off with a breed that wasn't likely to turn on you or your family. Not much point to a "guard" dog if you can't be sure it won't use your child/wife/other pets/you as a chew toy.
>>
>>34215107
not as bad as pitbulls but still not a pet
only unsavory people own them for a reason
>>
>>34215180
>n that you can pet.
Man my family had a huskie we picked up off the streets when it was a puppy. On top of not having a lot of space for it to chill my dad never let her explore the backyard without a leash on and doesn't know how to train shit. She bit us a few times, not a good dog if you don't know what you're doing. My dad is old and lacks patience, I'm so embarrassed when he takes my one dog out to potty with a fucking leash on, it's so dumb.
>>
File: Fff.jpg (2MB, 2988x2193px) Image search: [Google]
Fff.jpg
2MB, 2988x2193px
>>34215206

He's a silly ass nigga. He was the runt of the liter and bullied by his sisters.

>tfw dog is a robot
>>
>>34215107

So cute when they're puppers......not as much when they become doggos
>>
File: 1413134312254.jpg (76KB, 919x960px) Image search: [Google]
1413134312254.jpg
76KB, 919x960px
>>34214119
Literally every time a dog attacks someone, the owner always says it comes out of nowhere and that he was a good boy.

Dogs are lowest tier pets. Even below fedora pets like snakes.
>>
>>34215274

Alsatians are cute and good doggos
>>
>>34215274
Roger the Minedog was also the runt of the litter, but a damn fine mine dog.
>>
>>34215317
Dogs are the most superior pets, if you don't believe dog is man's best friend you're wrong.

They're SO GOOD in fact that they actually have RIGHTS. They have the power of the STATE, of millions of humans collectively, protecting them. ARMED MEN with GUNS will take action on behalf of doggos. We let them live in our homes and join our HUMAN families because they are just SO GOOD.
>>
>>34215317
>the owner always says it comes out of nowhere
This is the equivalent of allowing a human who doesn't understand loading and pulling the trigger of a gun causes the fire of bullets.
I'm not saying pitbulls aren't dangerous, but that the owner must understand the breed, be capable of handling it, and maintaining an environment to eliminate or at least minimize the damage it can cause.
>>
>>34215179
Le Kekekekekkeke
>>
>>34215427
Or they could get a non dangerous breed like the other hundreds available. There's no reason to own a pit bull or their related breeds.

A gun won't get up and kill your kid one day.
>>
Pitbulls should be culled without mercy

Hideous animals that should never have been bred into existence
>>
>>34215427
>This is the equivalent of allowing a human who doesn't understand loading and pulling the trigger of a gun causes the fire of bullets.

>Dogs are like inanimate objects
>>
>>34214119
Fucking retarded mutant dogs i hope they all choke to death.
>>
>>34215493
If that is the solution, I would ague it doesn't address the problem of pet ownership being a skill into itself and banning breeds simply creates more complacency.
>A gun won't get up and kill your kid one day.
That is the same laziness that creates these attacks. It is not random and unprovoked. Potential owners need to understand this and prove they are capable and the communities owners exist in must hold them accountable.
>>
>>34215406
Dogs are glorified tools and their only purpose is to do things humans are too lazy to do or work as a surrogate friend for bad people
I value a wrench about as much as a dog.
>>
>>34215576
No, my point is the owner not understanding the subject they are engaging with. Guns vary in the damage they can cause, as do dogs. If the owner doesn't understand a very lethal subject, we should argue against that ownership until they are capable.
>>
>>34215576
In the sense that they both require a lot of knowledge, responsibility and awareness of its great power in order to avoid completely fucking someone's, or your own for that matter, shit up.
>>
>>34215592
>the problem of pet ownership being a skill into itself and banning breeds simply creates more complacency.

Then why don't other breeds maul and kill people regularly like pit type dogs and molosser breeds? Most pet owners are lazy as fuck, but it doesn't get people and animals killed because of it.

>It is not random and unprovoked

That's objectively wrong. Many of the dog attacks are on their owners, families, or even the pitbull breaking into other houses and yards and attacking people. They are almost always unprovoked and random, and a couple of the links I posted from very recent attacks demonstrates that.
>>
>this thread again

Big dogs are strong so when they bite they inflict damage. The reason you don't see other dogs on the media because their attacks aren't as horrific. This doesn't mean big dogs are more aggressive
>>
>>34215613
>too lazy to do
How many generations until we can breed dog level smell, micro-communication interpretation, and predator tracking into humans?
Stop being intellectually dishonest. We evolved together and specialized in different areas.
>>
>>34215652
>being this willfully ignorant

It's not big dogs, it's certain breeds of dogs. Pit bulls, the biggest culprits, are medium sized dogs.
>>
>>34215652
No one is arguing all big dogs are bad. This is about pits specifically. The reason you don't see other breeds in the media is because a disproportionate amount of dog bites are from this mongrel of a breed. They are literally niggers. 13 percent of the population but commit the majority of crimes.
>>
>>34215692
Humans are easily better predators than dogs.
But it's not about that. You're just a bad person and you get validation from keeping an animal thats been inbred so much that it actually likes you.
>>
>>34215641
We agree on your first point. Pit bulls are disproportionately dangerous which is why their attacks are most reported and need treatment.

Your second point demonstrates poor ownership, which includes not understanding the breed and the environment it should exist in.
>>
>>34215736
In our current environment, yes.
I don't own any pit bulls (any dogs currently) or receive validation from owning dogs. Stop making assumptions.
I want to have a productive discussion on what needs to change with current pet culture, why it is hurting so many people, and why banning isn't productive.
>>
>>34214990
Its artificial selection you stupid nigger, pitbulls have been bred for aggression. Its a genetic thing. Has little to do with their nigger owners though niggers are also aggressive and dumb. (That was natural selection though)
>>
>>34215814
I wasn't aware dogs hunted mammoths to extinction with spears on multiple continents and took over the planet by hunting pretty much everything dangerous to extinction.
You're retarded
>>
>>34215749
>Your second point demonstrates poor ownership which includes not understanding the breed and the environment it should exist in

Okay, so it's fact that pitbulls will turn on their owners without warning and without provocation. Even if you keep them away from children and other animals, they are still a threat to you. I have two questions for you:

A) How do you prevent a pit bull from attacking you, the owner, when you are going to have to be around it a substantial amount of time?

B) What training methods do you use to teach a dog not to kill and maul without provocation? There are none that I know of, but if these beasts mauling people is simply poor ownership, then there is doubtless some training method you know of to control their violent nature.

>why banning isn't productive.

http://www.dogsbite.org/legislating-dangerous-dogs-bsl-faq.php

"Sufficiently enforced breed-specific pit bull laws absolutely reduce damaging attacks by pit bulls. In our ongoing report, Cities with Successful Pit Bull Laws; Data Shows Breed-Specific Laws Work, we document these results in the U.S. and Canada. The most dramatic results are often seen in jurisdictions that ban pit bulls because a ban reduces the breeding and the importation of pit bulls into the community. There have been excellent results with other types of ordinances as well.

After Aurora, Colorado adopted its pit bull ban ordinance in 2005, attacks by pit bulls decreased 73% (as of March 2014). After Pawtucket, Rhode Island adopted their pit bull ban in 2004, the city released 13-years of bite data showing that in the 4-years leading up to the ban, there were 52 pit bull attacks on people. In the 10-years after the ban, there were only 13 (as of September 2013). In Toronto, after a decade long pit bull ban, pit bull attacks dropped from 168 to 13 annually.5"
>>
>>34215843
There are actually some pretty interesting books used for save breeding, but this is only a comment on artificial selection for african americans.
>>
I hate pit niggers and their owners. Wish they both would get put down
>>
Its the fuckin worst thing when you see some roadman walkin his pitbull, or boxer or staffy or whatever thinkin hes hard cos hes a got a big fucking dog.
Then it mauls his little brother.
>>
>>34215854
My statement wasn't universal, don't strawman it as such.
If I am still speaking to the poster who proposed banning as a solution, where is your threshold in the struggle of freedom and sacrifice?
>>
File: 1475954307447.jpg (101KB, 1024x904px) Image search: [Google]
1475954307447.jpg
101KB, 1024x904px
why don't you fucks just get a cat and be comfy. I don't understand the need to argue about which dog sucks less
>>
I was bit in the face by a pit bull, I did absolutely nothing to provoke it and it was totally unexpected. I had to get many stitches in my inner and outer cheek, and still have scars all over my lower jaw. If I was bit a few inches lower he would have got my neck and I'd probably be dead right now. I've seen them attack other people and dogs in similar circumstances.

When a breed only exists because it was created to fight bulls in pits, maybe not the best creature to have around humans.

I'm white, middle class, grew up in suburbs and have martial arts training and I still couldn't anticipate it. When I'm in public and see a dog that's off-leash I get noticeably anxious, a pit bull is no different than a loaded gun and could kill a human easily and at any moment. Never let your guard down around dogs, especially this breed.

Anybody who says they're not dangerous are highly ignorant of obvious facts and irresponsible.
>>
>>34215966

Cats are literally garbage. There's about 6 of them living in the dumpster behind my apartment.
>>
>>34215966
Even if pit bulls are niggers, at least they aren't cats.
>>
>>34215942
And I'm not him
I'm the one calling you a fucking retarded faggot for making this shitty post
>>34215406
>>
>>34215990
>he's scared of dogs

Spotted the cuck!

Why would any woman want you, when she could have Rex Thunderknot?
>>
Saying this as a vegan animal activist I agree that the pit bull as a breed needs to be made extinct.
You have dogs, through no fault, have been selectively bred and re-bred with the deliberate intention of heightening increased levels of aggression. The reason they're so dangerous is because they're prone to just snapping without warning, but it isn't the dogs fault, they're effectively retarded from inbreeding.
Now that doesn't mean exterminate them, but it does mean that every single one needs to be spayed and neutered so that they're no longer able to produce offspring.

Saying that though mode 'pedigree' breed similarly need to be allowed to die out. They're so miserably riddled with congenital deformities and defects as a result of repetitive inbreeding, for many their lives are shadowed by suffering. The dalmatian breed for example, the majority of them can no longer even give birth without a cesarean because their hips have been bred so narrow. It's grotesque.
>>
>>34215866
>Okay, so it's fact that pitbulls will turn on their owners without warning and without provocation.
Using stat results without proper controls (necessitated by the awfully lax environments dogs are often raised in) does not prove pit bulls attack randomly. If anything, it proves those untrained and unable to provide the proper environment should not own the breed.

I may not have communicated this properly; my argument stems from a desire to maximize individual freedom and responsibility, which necessarily comes from some degree of sacrifice. With regards to pet ownership and absurdly dangerous breeds like pit bulls, that may manifest in apprenticing with a pit bull specialist, demonstrating competence in handling the breed even before ownership, and then keeping it in an environment where you the owner (or potential intruders) are preferably the only person(s) at risk when something goes wrong. Inevitably something will go terribly wrong and an innocent will be maimed. We don't exist as islands and those individuals in your environment seeing your interest in the breed will need to ask themselves if they should peruse social and/or legal disincentives to impose on you. Ultimately, I want this sort of disagreement to exist in a constant dialog between opposing sides in a pursuit of truth and general well-being for all.
>>
>>34216196
>Saying that though mode 'pedigree' breed similarly need to be allowed to die out
Thats more an issue with designer breeders and kennel clubs for accepting the issues as a standard
If kennel clubs would ban dogs with health issues then you'd see them disappear pretty fast
>>
>>34216027
I did not make that post. The patterns in prose should indicate that.
>>
>>34216273
Then why did you start responding?
>>
>>34216249
That's true. It's just so unbelievably cruel. It's like, my mother has two shih tzus, and one of them's snout is so short that they suffering from persistent breathing abnormalities. It's bloody awful taking them for a walk and having the carry one of them home in your arms because he's struggling so hard to breathe. It's especially bad in the Summer.
>>
File: image.jpg (23KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
23KB, 400x400px
Alright folks, we have agreed that pitties are the worst breed, but what is the best? Bit of a stereotype but my vote goes for golden retrievers or labs in general.
>>
>>34216350
Virtually all the official 'breeds' are riddled with some form of deformity or disorder. The healthiest dog you'll find is a mutt.
>>
>>34216308
>Then why did you start responding?
>>34215942
>If I am still speaking to the poster who proposed banning as a solution...

I did n'y know if I was speaking to the same person. I responded because I want these discussions to take place for these >>34216246 reasons. Genuine interest in searching for truth because most of us only have partial and biased information.
I kind of feel like this post >>34216308 is searching for a gotcha moment and isn't focused on searching for understanding, truth, or even a solution.
>>
>>34214742

A while ago I was going around in the neighbourhood and a pitbull started barking at me although I was moving horizontally to him on the sidewalk. I was really pissed that day so I started barking back like two times, after which the dude ran back and tried to jump over the fence or at least pretended to because it was anyway way too high for him and he wasn't that fast. for some reason I automatically looked at the dog, baring my own teeth and made a growl, then went along my way. strangely, the pitbull didn't do anything after that, no barking, he just sat at the fence and looked at me, didn't show any teeth back either. I thought that was kind of weird and surely not the recommended way of dealing with this kind of situation although it has worked? I wasn't even thinking by doing this, it was instinctual
>>
>>34216531
vocaroo on that dank bark?
>>
File: 1478051038303.png (608KB, 735x748px) Image search: [Google]
1478051038303.png
608KB, 735x748px
>>34216350
thisu >>34216378

And usually their behavior gets blended out. Couple it along with neutering, good training and their overall better health that could otherwise cause annoying disturbances, they are safer to keep.
>>
File: best doggo.jpg (118KB, 1232x816px) Image search: [Google]
best doggo.jpg
118KB, 1232x816px
>>34216350

L E O N B E R G E R

I really wish they lived more than 8 years. Fuck.
>>
>>34216607
Akitas (have only owned American strain) are my favorite.
>>
File: aa.jpg (220KB, 940x978px) Image search: [Google]
aa.jpg
220KB, 940x978px
>>34216870
The 'mask' they can often have is quite cute.
>>
File: 1483607579257.png (42KB, 655x509px) Image search: [Google]
1483607579257.png
42KB, 655x509px
>>34215107
>mine is 11 going on 12
>he hasn't seen his brother since 2010 because my mom didn't want two

I've taken care of him from when I was 10 to current. I don't know how I'm going to be when he goes to the big backyard in the sky.
>>
File: 1482066426829.png (370KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1482066426829.png
370KB, 640x640px
>>34215966
>cats
Senpai I've been around dogs my entire life. It would feel weird having a cat.

Plus my dad would kill it because he was attacked by one as a kid and still holds a grudge for some reason.
>>
Whatever, my dog was attacked by a pit mongrel this past summer and I don't care about "feelings". If I see a pit on the street I leave the area for my safety. They aren't like other dogs

>walking my dogs
>old woman walking with little girl holding leash of 80+lb pit looking beast- ugly almond eyes, bulky frame, white
>pass them across the street
>dog breaks free from little girl's hand, runs over to my dog, starts shaking him by the neck
>beat on pit mongrel, free my dog
>old lady is sympathetic until I ask wtf is her problem and that she needs to control her animal
>tells me to shove it up my ass
>with police/animal control find her and make her cover my vet bills later, my doggo lives
>tells me later her dog has cancer

She was probably lying but I hope that fucking monster dies of cancer regardless, disgusting

Pit bulls are inbred attack dogs and they should all be euthanized
>>
File: IMG_20160711_151850.jpg (227KB, 1500x1122px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160711_151850.jpg
227KB, 1500x1122px
>>34216350
Great Dane as an honorable mention.

I don't think they are the most ideal dog for training because they have little to zero interest in it, but at the same they barely need any training since their natural post-puppy-age behavior is ideal for most dog owners anyway. Only thing you need to train them for is interacting with other dogs and humans (like pretty much any other dog).

But they can freak out by certain human behavior very easily, such as kids with adhd/autism, people who are afraid of dogs, strangers who smell like alcohol etc. Doesn't go to well when they are large enough to break someones bones.

Having dealt with the mischievous mutt to the right for the past two years now, I can honestly say that you get spoiled by having dogs like the Great Dane.
>>
File: doggo party.jpg (16KB, 260x252px) Image search: [Google]
doggo party.jpg
16KB, 260x252px
>>34214119
anyone here like whippets? I hear they're god tier dogs
>>
>>34216350
Doberman desu
own 2 atm and had 7 over the years and they are great doggos
super intelligent and loyal
>>
>>34214119
My first girlfriend had a pitbull and she was lovely, but also scary as fuck. Never really felt comfortable around her but she has never acted out.
>>
File: beagle.jpg (27KB, 307x461px) Image search: [Google]
beagle.jpg
27KB, 307x461px
>>34217364
>who smell like alcohol
Shit, whats this about? There a good body of research out there to read?
I just want to keep drinking and go rabbit hunting with a trusty beagle.
>>
>>34214559
I was hoping for some pictures of pit bulls smoking menthols and shooting cops or something.
>>
>>34217426
I want a dobie so badly. My grandfather had one and she was a very sweet and intelligent dog. I won't adopt one until a while after my dog passes though. There's a Doberman sanctuary about 30 minutes from where I live and I just want to adopt them all
>>
>>34217704
Dobermans (whether cropped/docked or not) are aesthetic as hell.
>>
File: IMG_20151226_172408595.jpg (367KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151226_172408595.jpg
367KB, 720x1280px
>>34216350
Shepards
>Livestock corralers
>Patrol animal pens for predators humans can't smell and detect
>Easily trained
>Pic related, my shepard mutt may she rest in peace
>>
>>34214119
You're fucking retarded, buddy. They're statistically proven to be aggressive and vicious compared to other breeds.
>>
I'm in bed rn w 2 pitties who have never bitten anyone. One of them I used to bring to university lectures w me because she's so sweet. Yall just don't know about dogs.
>>
My dog has been attacked twice, both unprovoked, and by 2 different pit bulls. I have also never met a pit bull that wasn't aggressive as shit. Pit Bulls should be banned everywhere
>>
>>34214119
Yeah it's the owners fault that they kill people. And for some reason only pitbulls get bad owners.
>>
>>34214119
Some breeds are more aggressive than others if they have a decent owner though then it doesn't matter. But the problem is most pet owners are complete shit.
>>
File: domgan.png (548KB, 530x454px) Image search: [Google]
domgan.png
548KB, 530x454px
>>34214119
all dogs except mutts (and certain large breeds) need to cease breeding immediately. Creating more pups with major medical issues should be treated as animal abuse.
>>
File: 20161011_143850.jpg (677KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
20161011_143850.jpg
677KB, 2560x1440px
>>34215274
Ayy Cute GSD how old is he? I stole this one not too long ago
>>
File: 1482669057433.jpg (149KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
1482669057433.jpg
149KB, 1500x1500px
>>34217426

>dad had a doberman
>she was pretty dumb
>well-trained for the most part and very friendly but dumb as fuck
>one day me, dad and my brother are sitting in his living room watching TV
>the doberman is just laying on the floor and staring out the closed, sliding glass door that leads to the backyard
>she sees a bunny outside
>our faces when she runs through the fucking glass door and shatters it to chase the bunny
>>
I don't have a problem with pitbulls, I have a problem with retards that don't know how to train their pets
>>
>>34214119
#NotAllPitbulls
>>
File: IMG-20161014-WA0008.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161014-WA0008.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
who here /german shepherd/
>>
>>34214559
Delicious pottery
>>
>>34214559
Pit bull puppy pictures are like the dog equivalent of thug graduation photos.
>>
>>34217380
i have one they are really nice
>>
File: no 003.jpg (114KB, 934x293px) Image search: [Google]
no 003.jpg
114KB, 934x293px
>>34220380

Best dog type out there!
>>
File: Glass-Door-Fail-24.gif (2MB, 365x311px) Image search: [Google]
Glass-Door-Fail-24.gif
2MB, 365x311px
>>34220291
holy shit that's hilarious, hope they didn't hurt themselves.
>>
>>34218717
Yeah dumbass, your anecdotes really buck the established trend.
>>
>>34220588

She didn't have a scratch on her, dad was pretty pissed about the sliding door though. He put stickers all over the new one plus every other window she looked out of to make sure she knew something was there and it didn't happen again. She didn't catch the bunny but it probably had a little bunny heart attack after it experienced the Resident Evil dog window scene IRL.
>>
The thing with pitbulls is that they are fiercely loyal, but you have to earn their loyalty. My pitbull once tried to get aggressive with another dog, but then in the heat if the moment turned on me. I grabbed him in a headlock and choked the fucker out until he fell unconcious. That was the day I became his unequivocal master, and since that day he has not so much as pissed without my express permission.
>>
File: 1450710444946.png (169KB, 220x325px) Image search: [Google]
1450710444946.png
169KB, 220x325px
>>34220693

>it probably had a little bunny heart attack after it experienced the Resident Evil dog window scene IRL.

Fuck, who wouldn't? I'd imagine you guys all shit yourself a little bit too.
>>
File: army_dog.jpg (543KB, 4752x3168px) Image search: [Google]
army_dog.jpg
543KB, 4752x3168px
>>34220743

Me and my brother were both pretty shocked but didn't say anything. My dad put his hands on his head and screamed "GOD DAMN IT ZOE!!!" She knew she fucked up after she came back inside.
>>
File: 1433760271709.jpg (97KB, 1152x952px) Image search: [Google]
1433760271709.jpg
97KB, 1152x952px
>dogs that get little training are inherently bad and terrible

Just train your dogs, folks. It's not difficult. Don't get a dog if you don't have the time and energy to invest in it. If a dog behave poorly, that's a sign that there's something wrong with the owner or training (or lack thereof).

>>34220380
German shepherds are the best. My mom found one digging through the garbage behind the local grocery market and took him home. He was the best dog I'd ever had. Took to training immediately, was never violent and didn't act out.

RIP Steve. Good boy.
>>
>>34220716
Oh and I do know that a lot of pitbulls get nasty, it's not necessarily a problem of breed, but one of misunderstanding. People that get pitbulls just see the cwute wittle bunny wabbit with the cwute wittle pwitty, but they dont realize that a pitbull needs a firm hand on the leash, that is why they get killed. My dog I have trained to the point where he once got in a full on fight with some chihuahua shitter that came after him, and he went berserk. I let him have his fun for about 2 seconds, then at the snap of my fingers and a call if his name, he snapped out of it and came to heel. You just have to control your pit. That is the main issue.
>>
>>34220825
How often do you fuck that dog my bro. You know for dominance.
>>
>>34214673
>>34214738

Are they breed to be aggressive and dangerous? Sure, so are a great deal of dogs, but you don't see (many) places that have list of banned dogs, it's usually just pits.

So why mainly pits? Because they are a nigger's favorite dog.

They look mean as fuck.
They have hellacious bite strength.
On the small side so you can comfortably fit one in even the smallest ghetto apartment.
Like grills and spinning rims they are a cultural thing.

Niggers are the problem here. Not the dogs. Go look up your local animal control, then look up the black population. I live in a city with a fairy numerous one and if I look on my local petfinder it's pretty fucking easy to see a correlation. These dumb fuckers think it's hillarious and badass to have a, granted particularly, dangerous animal and teach it to be violent. Then they abuse/ignore/don't fix/train it to fight/be fucking niggers towards it.

Pitbulls are seen as the niggers of dogs, but in fact they are just one more thing blacks fuck up.
>>
>>34220985
Live in an area with no niggers, still get snapped at by dogs.
>>
>>34221050

I know what you're saying here, and yes everyone can be a shit pet owner, but the fact remains that niggers OVERWHELMINGLY like pits and rots the most because of their reputation and looks. Then, being the niggers they are, treat it horribly, and this feeds back into the reputation.
>>
>>34214119

Here's my two cents on pitbulls as someone who's worked at a vet for 8+ years. They have potential to be harmful given their very powerful jaws, but pitbulls were routinely some of the sweetest, goofiest dogs I've met, I can't really recall meeting one that was outright aggressive, I've met some that were scared, but none that were just trying to kill you for no reason. One of my coworkers has a pitbull that's very well trained and one of the sweetest dogs around. Yeah, they can be problematic if they're trained to be violent, but most aren't.

I've had much worse issues with small dogs like chihuahuas and shih-tzu's and bigger dogs like Chow's and Sharpei's, sometimes german shepherds too. Chow's especially tend to be aggressive, not so much around their owners, but others.
>>
>>34221050
Its because even dogs know what a pathetic beta you are.
>>
>>34221188

I'll also mention that my vet is located around an area populated by blacks more than whites, our client base is much more than black people, but we do deal a lot with black people, many from poorer backgrounds.
>>
>>34221188

What's your favorite dogger to take care of? Like, the breed you feel least threatened by when it comes in.

Also what's your favorite pet in general to take care of?
>>
>>34221286

I don't really feel threatened by any breeds, I do have a bit of an apprehension for rottweilers because I got bit by one once, but that's about it. Most labradors and retrievers are almost always nice and goofy. I guess I like taking care of the pets that have a bit of sense and training, the ones that come back when you call for them, don't make a mess, have manners.
Thread posts: 147
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.