[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why robots should feel shame

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 10

File: arcanine sample.jpg (95KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
arcanine sample.jpg
95KB, 600x480px
I chaperoned a dance last week for kids aged 13 to 19. Most of the kids had never danced before. They were almost all homeschooled and from very religious families where they didn't watch TV or play vidya.
I got the boys who had never danced before, about 8 of them, and brought over another chaperone, a 21 year old girl, to teach them basic dancing. We ran them through, 3 minutes each. Then I explained to them,
>Walk up to a girl, ask her 'would you like to dance?' If she says yes, dance. If she says no ask another. Never dance with the same girl without dancing with 2 others in between. Go!
They went.
They all danced with 5-6 different girls before the waltz period.
It took these kids an evening to learn how to interact with girls and dance.
Why?
It is easy.
Shame is defined as 'the distress felt when aware of wrong or foolish behavior'.
If you can't walk up to girls you don't know and talk to them, you are foolish.
>>
You are talking about children in a supervised environment. Not to mention young enough to still have hope AND come from very loving families. Your cute little story does nothing and it proves nothing.
>>
>>34213140
It proves that 18 year olds can still learn to walk up to strangers and talk to them
>>
>>34213164
No it doesn't. An 18 year old is not a child, and the girls he talks to are well aware of how ugly he may be. All innocence is gone. Females learn that they can get whatever they want from a man and thats it. They turn into complete bitches who only act nice around chads.
>>
>>34212946
>none of the boys were rejected by every girl
You lucked out and got a group that had no robots. You had a small sample size so your test is inconclusive.
>>
File: 4th grade.jpg (55KB, 638x592px) Image search: [Google]
4th grade.jpg
55KB, 638x592px
>>34213930
And yet there were 18 year olds in that group who had never danced or asked girls to dance.
In 30 minutes neither was true any more.
>All innocence is gone.
You probably believe that "10% of men fuck 90% of women" bullshit, too, right?
>>
>>34213972
When is the last time you asked a girl to dance?
>>
>>34212946
I am not ashamed when i fail to talk to people, i am ashamed when i talk to people, cause talking to people is foolish, cause i can make mistakes.
>>
>>34212946
another proof that normies don't understand robots.

being a robot is much more complex than you think
>>
>>34214626
High school

Originaller
>>
>>34212946
It's not that easy, I went to dancing classes for some time when I was 16 and did all the stuff you described, even had a girl to go to prom with me. Still at 21 now I'm a shut-in virgin NEET loser with no friends.
>>
>>34212946
I can talk to a random person perfectly fine.
It's getting anything past that that completely up to the other person.
>>
>>34214663
Everyone makes mistakes. All the time.,
Here's the thing you are getting wrong.
You are not that important.
When you make a mistake
A) not everyone notices
B) almost no one cares
C) every one but you will forget about it ASAP
Stop thinking the world revolves around you and you'll be better off
>>
>>34214725
Being a bot is about two things
Narcissism and fear
>>
>>34214739
So, this week?
>>
nice bait thread, OP
>>
>>34214806
>shut-in virgin NEET loser with no friends
What excuse do you give people?
>>
>>34214928
Just truth.
Take an 18 year old Amish kid raised without electricity, put him in LA, what happens?
He's got a job and banging chicks inside of 2 weeks.
Take a middle-class White kid who obsesses about stuttering once when he was 9 and put him in LA and he'll starve to death in a gutter, alone, telling you it is someone else's fault
>>
>>34214893

As a robot I can confirm this.
>>
>>34214893
Well that's why I'm here so have a fucking upvote XD bro.
>>
>>34215092
>>34215122
See?
Simple.
A little courage and a bit of perspective and poof! No longer a robot!
>>
File: 1434586200085.jpg (150KB, 797x957px) Image search: [Google]
1434586200085.jpg
150KB, 797x957px
>>34214871

I notice, I care, I will NEVER forget about it. I have 15 years of cringe haunting my thoughts, I don't want to add any more to the pile.
>>
File: retard chamber.jpg (98KB, 576x768px) Image search: [Google]
retard chamber.jpg
98KB, 576x768px
>>34215242
Let's be clear on what you are doing:
You are living a terrible life, chock full of fear, regret, a loss, all because you obsess over tiny errors you made that no one else cares about.
You are doing this:
>"I don't want to be alone but many years ago I felt awkward around a girl and said something that I thought was embarrassing - therefore, I will never talk to a woman again"
Know what this is like?
>"Once, when eating, I got some mustard on my lip. That is why I am dying - I will never eat again."
>>
>>34214663
The existence of life up to this point is a literal mistake.What's your point?
>>
>>34214893
But ego is the last thing I have. I'm a piece of shit with nothing to be proud of.
>>
>>34215604
So change and become someone you can be proud of
>>
>>34212946

They interacted because you forced them to and gave them a reason to interact.

If you have no reason to interact, you don't. This is the problem most robots have, in addition to being ugly losers.
>>
>>34215626
I have no worthwhile talents and everything I touch turns to shit.
I wonder how I'm even keeping a job right now, god knows I've fucked something up more than enough times to be fired.
>>
>little kids interacting in an arranged activity
>versus cold approaching adult women
yeah that's exactly the same thing.
>>
>>34215743
Plus those girls are essentially forced by threat of social suicide to say yes to dancing.

Especially if it wasn't like a prom type thing where they come with their own dates. Which then begs the question, where does OP live and why are they stuck in the 50s?
>>
>>34215743
>18 and 19 year olds in the group
>"little kids"
Pick one, robot
>>
>>34215830
Voluntary thing.
Here is a protip for robots:
Girls that take the time to dress up and come to a dance aren't there to get in out of the rain. They are there to dance.
>where does OP live and why are they stuck in the 50s?
Give me your ZIP code and I bet I can find a similar dance close to you
>>
>>34212946
lmao shame he says. as if robots aren't masters of shame. nigga shut up.
>>
>>34216988
KHVs can't tell anyone what to so
>>
>>34217068
>He thinks anyone holds authority over anyone else.

Power is an illusion. It's a machination of the mind that only works when both parties are fully invested in their chosen roles
>>
File: hearty laugh.gif (633KB, 300x182px)
hearty laugh.gif
633KB, 300x182px
>>34217284
>I say someone can't tell others what to do
>You write this retarded bullshit
>>
yeah my dad was distant and I didn't have an older brother or something that helped me with this kind of thing. I don't have any close personal relationships and never will.
>>
>>34217492
If power was real revolutions wouldnt exist. Betrayal wouldnt exist.

This is pretty 1st grade logic here, senpai.
>>
File: retarded.jpg (38KB, 430x322px) Image search: [Google]
retarded.jpg
38KB, 430x322px
>>34217759
Thanks for confirming the 'tarded
>>
>>34217737
Seek out a mentor.
Take acting classes.
>>
>>34212946
You are completely wrong, and here's why. This was a totally artificial environment, which was supervised by adults. You didn't let the girls gossip about which guys they did and didn't like. You never let them establish the group consensus which is so integral to the process of hypergamy.

But more importantly than that, there was no choice involved. You put a lot of boys of similar social status together, and made the girls dance with them. There was massive social pressure on a girl to say "yes" to a dance, as they would be seen to ruin the event if they said "no" to many boys.

Let me change some aspects of this to make it closer to reality. Some boys are more attractive, and have danced with girls before, while others are less attractive and have not. The boys and girls are allowed to gossip in between each dance. Furthermore, there is no obligation to dance at all. Do you really think the girls would give the robot equivalents a chance? Do you really think they wouldn't only want to dance with the same popular boys?

Finally, you're assuming that there is any link between a 3 minute dance and social closeness. You forced boys and girls to dance for a few minutes at a time. You only saw this happen over and over again, you didn't check after the event to see if they actually remained in contact. What would it take for you to realise this might not have actually been a success story? Most of the boys likely went back to being shut-ins afterwards. Think back to the changes I made to your example. /r9k/ is the congregation of boys who the girls continually rejected and never gave a chance, over many, many dances.
>>
>>34218046
I'm truly sorry you don't understand deductive logic
>>
>>34218606
You were using inductive, kid, and you failed
>>
>>34215667

fucking excuses dude

doing something != doing something, the outcome of your actions depends so heavily on your mindset

if you really want to succeed at something, you overlook all the tiny little mistakes you make along the way and just focus on the outcome
>>
File: 1453483364531.jpg (23KB, 391x366px)
1453483364531.jpg
23KB, 391x366px
>>34212946
>he perpetuated the meme that girls have to sit and wait for guys to come to them

Good job on continuing the cancer that's ruining society.
>>
>Kids doing what they're told

WOW
>>
>>34218338
>This was a totally artificial environment,
Dances are, yes. Social environments setup for single people to interact are different.
>
But more importantly than that, there was no choice involved.
False. Kids were everywhere from 'son of a welder that had to get a ride because no money' to 'son of a business owner that is worth millions'. Same with the girls.
[try asking]
>made the girls dance with them
No one was required to dance. Ever. We just taught them to dance and gave advice on the boys asking.
>Let me change some aspects of this to make it closer to reality. Some boys are more attractive, and have danced with girls before, while others are less attractive and have not.
Read the OP again, moron - most of the people there had been there before and had danced before.
>The boys and girls are allowed to gossip in between each dance.
They weren't locked up, fuckwit - there was a lot of talking all around
>Furthermore, there is no obligation to dance at all.
There was no obligation to dance for anyone.
...You just described the ACTUAL DANCE, brainiac.
>Do you really think they wouldn't only want to dance with the same popular boys?
Guess what? That cuts both ways, but they still mingled and anced with various people and everyone got to dance all night, if they wanted to.

>Finally, you're assuming that there is any link between a 3 minute dance and social closeness
Could you ask a girl to dance and then dance with her?
It is a start.
>You forced boys and girls to dance for a few minutes at a time.
No forcing.
Man - you need to ask rather than assume. You aren't 1/10th as smart as you think you are.
>>
>>34215667
Then get a talent
>>
File: feminismretard.jpg (28KB, 460x360px)
feminismretard.jpg
28KB, 460x360px
>>34218659
Feminists pls go
>>
>>34212946
you are
1. sda
2. mormon
right?
i'm sda
ooh maybe jehovahs witness ?
>>
>>34219433
cancel
sda's don't dance
they have banquets
>>
>>34212946
>If you can't walk up to girls you don't know and talk to them, you are foolish.
Shame is the reason that robots can't do this or express their sexuality in a healthy way.

A lifetime of constant shame and self loathing.

Telling robots to feel more shame is not productive.
>>
>>34219433
Nope
Latin Mass Catholic
>>
>>34219579
sure it is, buttercup - be ashamed of actual failure, not pretend failure
>>
>>34219593
i thought catholics could dance
catholicism always interested me.
to the point of wanting to go to catholic churches, but i never did.
>>
>>34219614
toughen up, buttercup

had to
>>
>>34212946
You sound like a fucking pedo.
>>
>>34215604
Anon, you hate normies for being proud of themselves, right? You think they are stupid for being better than you. So naturally, because you realize how stupid it is and you are self aware, you think you are better than them. It is contradictory, but it's true. You sit there and smugly hate yourself, knowing that the very thing that makes you less than others, make you so much more than they could ever be. I do the same, no way to fix it or reconcile with it. It's just the way we are
>>
>>34219660
would have been disappointed if it didn't happen
>>
>>34214603
It's actually 80/20 faggot :^)
Good luck with your divorce
I hope the alimony isn't too much to put you in jail
>>
>>34215329
>the current year
>implying you aren't doing the water diet
It's 2016+1 bruh
>>
>>34220048
>It's actually 80/20 faggot
Since it is made up to begin with I am sure it changes depending on who is lying at the moment
>>
>>34218046
haha nice meme :-)
>>
>>34220199
According to one study, 240 out of 300 women asked said they had sex through Tinder.
50 of 300 men said they had.
>>
>>34212946
This is stupid, A child's understanding of a robot. Most robots can converse fine with people and keep their real feelings hidden behind their steel mask. A robots problem is having genuine investment in people. A robot can follow conventions but can't relate to other people which isolates him from society at large.
>>
>>34213164
> 18 year olds

only a decade too late senpai

i probably still have hope but the thought patterns that mostly determine my life have been in place for a long time.
>>
>>34215177
>poof! No longer a robot!
wew
>>
File: 1483481299722.jpg (151KB, 708x717px) Image search: [Google]
1483481299722.jpg
151KB, 708x717px
>>34215329
>I don't want to be alone
stop right there
that's exactly what i want
i'd just like to add some warmth and intimacy everyonce in a while
but that's not really possible to have gf/friends only once a month or so
>>
>>34212946
Interesting annecdote. It brings to mind a conversation I had with a friend regarding the education adolescents receive when it comes to sex. All too often, parents limit instruction to the most basic biological truths, the mechanics of reproduction. And in many cases, even that responsibility is pawned off on health classes, sparing parents the awkwardness of having to acknowledge that their teenage offspring are sexual beings no less than they themselves.

When it comes to the intricacies of the interactions between men and women, the pain that comes with rejection, the anxieties that need to be overcome to establish relationships, parents are notoriously silent. Thinking the best of their children, they assume Nature will intervene and those relationships will come just as inevitably as the sunrise. They are too proud to admit their children may need just a little extra help.

Now, in most cases, those parents are right. Nature does intervene in most cases, swooping in and saving their children from a place in the wizard's lodge. But there will always be exceptions, perfectly attractive young men and women who need a little bit more guidance, a little bit more help to learn how to live as men and women do.

But those adolescents very rarely receive it. Their social anxiety and awkwardness grows over time, and they have no one to turn to for counsel. People look at their situations and offer nothing save incredulity and ridicule, telling them they should be ashamed that they didn't teach themselves the way the vast majority do. And so the these lost and left behind grow lonelier and more isolated, their lack of connection with the normal course of things more severe. And eventually the chasm grows too large for them too cross. Lacking mentors able to instruct them how to live as normal people do, the only counsel remaining to them will come from wizards like myself, things who can only instruct them how to endure living like monsters.
>>
>>34212946
it was staged scenario
the reason of it was to force interaction
how the fuck does it apply to robots?
>>
>>34218646
just accept you git buttblasted faggot
have some dignity
>>
>>34219307
>You aren't 1/10th as smart as you think you are.
Sorry to say that but reading your replies I could tell same about you.
You mean good and try to understand but you simply don't.
I am not trying to be mean here, but you just don't get it.
>>
>>34220464
>I saw an unsourced image in another thread by a 'sexologist' and I believe THAT, not the CDC
Never change, arcanine
>>
>>34220591
this anon speaks truth
robots are not the same as failed normie pussies
Thread posts: 74
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.