[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was officially diagnosed with autism today.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 9

File: 147903037072989.jpg (38KB, 500x565px) Image search: [Google]
147903037072989.jpg
38KB, 500x565px
What do, /r9k/?
>>
>>34207043
go collect benefits obviously
>>
Sorry to hear that but its not all that bad anon lots of people have it.

>>34207055
This
>>
>realize you literally don't have to contribute a single thing to anyone or anything
>free autismbux just for being a subhuman
>can live your life meagerly doing whatever you want

sounds nice ccongrats
>>
>>34207070
>autistic people are subhuman
>>
>>34207055
>dubs
Well shit, guess it's time to sign up for autismbux. Wonder how much I'll get.

>>34207066
I guess. My BPD and depression/anxiety affect me worse IMO. At least I'm an autismo who can understand sarcasm most of the time. I wasn't able to when I was younger. But otherwise it feels weird to call myself autistic. I only ever have jokingly but it doesn't feel right, but I doubt I was misdiagnosed. Well, maybe a little, but I'm definitely socially awkward and have certain traits of autists.
>>
>>34207043
post steam or discord, obviously.
>>
>>34207085
why are you green texting the obvious
>>
>>34207043
I suspect I have the autism

What benefits could arise from an official diagnosis?

Do I get a complimentary autist gf?
>>
>>34207043
Just do what you always do. My whole family calls me an autist but didn't have me diagnosed so that I won't have "dirty papers".
>>
>>34207070
I want to contribute to the world, but I am incapable of doing so right now. Err, I'm not, but... It takes all my strength to go a day without killing myself.

I'm going to get autismbux and spend it on getting me out of the house and doing the things I always wanted to but couldn't because poor. I think I'll go ice skating first, or snowboarding.

>>34207100
No real benefits outside of potentially understanding yourself better if you struggled with that. Autismbux too.
>>
>>34207119
Ah, hello fellow undercover autist

We will survive the initial autism purge of 2027 but what then?
>>
>>34207119
>dirty papers
...What?

>>34207135
>autism purge
>implying a population full of retarded, fat, socially awkward autists isn't exactly what ((((they)))) want
>>
>Go to Doctor to talk about stuff to get meds
>Says I definitely have ADD (I knew this, from prior diagnosis, brought it up)
>Also says I might have something on the autism scale
>Perk up, know that If I do I can get free money
>she sends me to a nurse practicitioner for a more thorough diagnosis
>60 year old cunt says i definitely don't have autism, just "Autism like traits"

Fucking old cunt, thanks for denying me the easy life. Fuck.

I can just meet another doctor for it right? What should I "Play up" to make it seem more likely that I have it?
>>
>>34207043
Autismbux, use your intelligence in Pure Math if you're an aspie and finally realize that you will never have a gf but be happy about it since you don't have to deal with bitching women and also you won't give autism to your kids.
>>
>>34207172
I don't know, most people who have only met me a few times think I'm shy and I can hide my autism really well.

I may only have autistic traits though. Hmm....I wonder if it's possible to be borderline autistic. I feel like I'm too self aware to be fully autistic but too socially awkward and too much of a spaghetti spiller to be "normal".
>>
>>34207228
It's called the Autism spectrum for a reason. Used to be a binary of "Autism" and "Aspergers" but now it's a sliding-scale spectrum. My brother has it so I am decently aware of it.

And yeah, I know what you mean by 'hiding it'. I'm 25 and not wearing overalls in a room filled with children's toys, so I obviously 'hide it' well. I might just have to try with another psychiatrist sometime.
>>
Rejoice that you'll never be a wageslave and claim your bennies you fuck
>>
>>34207273
Kek I'm not doing that either and while I like the look of some overalls, I don't want to be one of those fucking manchildren. #notmyfetish

I know it's a sliding scale but where does it end? Where's the scale between not autistic and high functioning?
>>
>>34207301
Aspergers is that lower-tier.

It used to be that "Autism" was like, 'literally cannot understand most human social cues, with a restricted sense of empathy, but generally a savant at somethig'

"Aspergers" was Autism-lite.

I think, really, deep down, the thing that separate people like me and you from people like Chris-Chan and their ilk is simply that we didn't get diagnosed with children. Think about it.

People who get diagnosed young have it hanging over their lives from the beginning. People treat them differently, and they are allowed different boundaries.

People who don't get diagnosed have the same issues, but don't get that safety barrier, that net, that "Aw it's the retard kid don't be mean.". So you have to keep trying to emulate correctly, like a blind guy running into the walls over and over until you learn where the walls are, so you can mimic but never truly understand social drives of normies, the things that elude the other Aspies, to a degree that it becomes hard to spot.

I dunno if that makes sense but that's how I think about it.
>>
>>34207287
But if I become a wageslave, I'll get to have a feeling of some level of normalcy, and will be able to support myself.
>>
>>34207301
Overalls are pretty comfy, so are thermals.

The scale goes autism to HF to aspergers I believe, I like to make a differentiation with aspergers because it operates a little differently from the other two.

By the way you sound like a normal mate.
>>
>>34207403
Yeah, that's a good way of putting it. I'm 21 as well and I think in a way I am genuinely a little less autistic now than I was when I was younger thanks to hard work but doubt I could ever fully make it go away. I can certainly work on managing my symptoms but otherwise it's not something like BPD which can be "cured".

I acted like Chris-chan in my early teens desu. Not at all now, but that was a hellish time in my life. I also read that autism affects boys and girls differently and that girls are able to hide it better, and are rarely diagnosed before age 10 (whereas in boys the average age is 7, in girls it's 17) because of this. Another part is that autistic boys might not get the support from their male peers that autistic girls would from other girls. My former best friend was literally the popular girl at my high school, we'd been friends since kindergarten and I was always terrified of going into stores so instead of mocking me like I fear a male friend would have, she'd hold my hand and do all the talking and let me take my time. Most boys will just tell you to suck it up or act awkward.

I don't know what I'm saying anymore, sorry. I'm just really...I don't know the word for my feeling aside from conflicted, kind of sad, kind of relieved, kind of worried I might have been misdiagnosed. I wonder if people can't have quirks or be socially awkward without being diagnosed as autistic.
>>
>>34207412
Sound and being are two different things, but I'm almost flattered you called me normal.

I don't know many normies who spin rapidly in their chair for up to 3 hours a day non stop listening to music as a way to relieve stress and escape to their happy place in their imagination.
>>
>>34207403
>It used to be that "Autism" was like, 'literally cannot understand most human social cues, with a restricted sense of empathy, but generally a savant at somethig'

You've been watching to many movies, autism in the past was considered similar to things like mental retardation, people who had aspergers or were HF weren't considered mentally ill just awkward or childish.
>>
>>34207403
>People who get diagnosed young have it hanging over their lives from the beginning. People treat them differently, and they are allowed different boundaries.

Fucking this. Instead of being told to deal with shit, EVERYONE makes an exception. The amount of shit that i got away with because i'm a tard still amazes me. If i would have been made to deal with it i wouldnt be a NEET probably because i would have learned how to actually interact with people.
>>
>>34207043
I wish humans didn't save the weak.

Kill the retarded, kill autistics, try to save those born with congenital defects as long as those defects won't matter in adulthood. But giving free money to people because they're inferior is just bullshit...
>>
>>34207473
Well, if nothing else, you're old enough to not drastically change your life based on the diagnosis, or even keep it hidden from people. It's not like there is some life-altering drug treatment for it, afaik. Worst case scenario, you're just a weirdo who got falsely diagnosed.

At this point, it's not something you can really change. If you actually have it, it's something you never could have changed. So I'd say worrying or feeling sad about it is a bit counterintuitive.
>>
>>34207496
Edgy. Yet somehow I agree.

I'm high enough functioning that I can still contribute to society though so no gas chambers for me, mein fuhrer.
>>
>>34207490
I'm talking "The Past" as in like, 80's and 90's, not the 1940's, dude.
>>
>>34207517
Yeah, I guess that's true. Maybe I'm just obsessing over the possibility of being misdiagnosed instead of focusing on the fact that, diagnosis or not, these autism-like traits are still prevalent and still need to be taken care of. Thanks for helping me realize that.

I'm currently a friendless NEET who has somewhat of an addiction to food so lifestyle changes will be needed, but my mother is here to support me and the autismbux will make it easier to do the things I want to.

What do you think, anon? Snowboarding first or ice skating first?
>>
>>34207523
Not deliberately edgy, it's just that humanity seems to have intentionally killed off any chance at evolving. That really sucks. And we did it just to be politically correct. To not hurt any feelings.

Really not being edgy on purpose. I'm just disappointed with it.
>>
>>34207489
That literally isn't autistic, normies look for escapism a lot. No offence but you don't seem to actually understand what autism is.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were misdiagnosed.
>>
>>34207560
Nah, I understand, I feel the same way. But on the other hand my view of humanity and existence in general is pretty blase so I've kind of given up on the whole selective evolution towards a better human thing.

I just want to be happy and feel and be as free as I was when I was younger. Being as fit and thin as I was back then would be nice too.
>>
>>34207549
I come from a place where I deal with -10 to -20 fahrenheit temperatures for days at a time, and i'm not a maniac, so i'm the type of person who's opinions on winter sports are "Fuck no."

Out of the two, though, I guess i'd say Ice skating because I vaguely remember the snowshoe boots being a fucking pain in the ass and it being unsettling how difficult it is to actually get the board off of your feet once it's connected.
>>
>>34207567
No, I do, it's just that's actually pretty fucking autistic. It's become a bit of an obsession, a coping mechanism to a point that I feel very agitated if I don't get my at least hour of rapid chair spinning in a day.

You'd have to observe me throughout the day to get why I even considered getting testing. It's basically impossible to tell through text or even when I'm chatting with people via microphone online, but my autistic traits go on full blast the second you put me in public. I'm like a fucking generator of spaghetti.
>>
>>34207579
I live pretty up north as well though it's not that bad kek. How about a compromise? Skiing. I suck at snowboarding but I was breddy good at skiing for some reason, even though it's supposed to be snowboarding that's easier. (I just couldn't get the image of me falling and twisting my spine because my feet wouldn't disconnect from the board...Eugh.)
>>
I got my diagnostic recently as well, my shrink wrote on the paper I have to send to apply for autismbux:

(F20.6) Simple schizophrenia
(F41.0) Panic disorder (episodic paroxysmal anxiety)
(F60.5) Anankastic personality disorder

That's more that the simple "social phobia" I thought I had.
>>
http://www.myaspergerschild.com/2012/11/characteristics-of-females-with.html

Looking back at my younger self, I fit nearly all of these. Nowadays I still fit at least half. Hm. Maybe I wasn't misdiagnosed.

Time for muh autismbux to come rolling in.
>>
>>34207598
Having coping mechanisms for stressors does not make you autistic and neither does being socially awkward. Autism isn't an on/off either, it's something that effects you constantly.
>>
>>34207611
Skiing is fine I guess. Seems better than snowboarding. I just don't have the coordination for that stuff. Either way, enjoy it.
>>
>>34207619
Damn. I felt the same when my therapist (who was qualified to diagnose people with this fyi) suddenly said "Hey, can you answer these questions for me?" and then at the end said "I am nearly 100% certain you have BPD, anon". I was confused but after reading up on it it made so much fucking sense.
>>
>>34207632
Of course, it does effect me constantly. Check out the link I just posted because I do a lot of that, which are key signs in fembots with autism. Did even more when I was younger.

It's true that it's not something I can switch off but I can work hard to change certain things i.e. being formerly incapable of detecting sarcasm, but after observing conversations over and over I was able to figure out when someone was being sarcastic and now I'm sarcastic as fuck myself.
>>
Sorry guys, thank you for talking to me and making me feel better, I'm going to go to bed now. Have a QT Finnish ice skater.
>>
>>34207662
Wait a second you're female? That changes the dynamic a little.

I'm looking at the list now and to be honest a fair few of these don't seem like they're necessarily mean you're autistic especially considering you said you had depression, anxiety (social?) and BPD.
>>
I dated an autistic girl once.

We never had sex, but she used to want me to just lay on top of her all the time.

I was scared I'd be crushing her but she really liked it.
>>
>>34207152
Sorry, I'm not native english speaker. In my mother tongue it means that for example if you have been diagnosed with mental disorder it gets written down into your papers. Later on it can put you in unfavorable position when trying to apply for a job and they look you up. Your personal record has been dirtied thus "dirty papers".
>>
>>34207496
>inferior
get out normie REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
we are superior beings
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-17-03-17-58.png (149KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-17-03-17-58.png
149KB, 720x1280px
I just did one of those autism test things on the Internet
>34 points and up autism very likely
>30-33 points means autism likely
>0-29 points means not likely

Should i see a therapist /r9k/?
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-17-03-27-24.png (156KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-17-03-27-24.png
156KB, 1280x720px
>>34208331
Here's the point system

>p.s i did this twice and got the same score
>>
File: assburger.png (342KB, 1000x1011px) Image search: [Google]
assburger.png
342KB, 1000x1011px
I got diagnosed with asperger's syndrome last year. Not a big deal, I knew what I am. The reason I never got diagnosed as a kid was because I have a pretty high IQ and I could "blend" with the normies.
>>
>>34208331
link to the test?
to lazy to google
>>
File: image-2017-01-12-07-27-12.jpg (75KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image-2017-01-12-07-27-12.jpg
75KB, 750x750px
>>34208408
Here

http://psychcentral.com/quizzes/autism.htm
>>
File: image-2017-01-15-18-25-47.jpg (76KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image-2017-01-15-18-25-47.jpg
76KB, 750x750px
>>34208367
>>34208331
I did i test like this in therapy i did get diagnosed with autism idk but i think you should talk to someone about it
>>
I've got an assessment booked later this month to officially diagnose my spergs.
Autismbux and no obligations to society await.
>>
>>34208624
Good luck fellow autist
>>
>>34207043
WOHOOO JOIN THE CLUB
>>
>>34207766
>that feel when no hugbox bf
>>
>>34207473
I know the feeling. I was unfortunately diagnosed at the age of 5 and had my Chris Chan episodes until the age of 13. By then I went through hell and back with the bullying and I was trying to be normal as possible, yet I always felt it's not enough to be completely normal. What made it worse is that my dad happen to have diagnosed autism, like Chris Chan tier but extremely narcissic, and keeps saying I have autism to literally everyone. Even at grocery staff whenever I was in the supermarket, which makes me feel like someone put a kick me sign.on my back and wonders why I rarely have a conversation with him. He's one of those people who believe people with autism are superior because of people like Einstein and other (((famous people))) who claim they have autism and other bullshit. And he thinks the people who talk to him think autistic people are great, but doesn't realize that these people say it out of pity rather than praise. My mother is aware of this happening, but didn't do anything to help. I constantly question myself if I am normal or not and it's hard to find anyone in person who feels the same way I do.
>>
File: FUGGGGG.jpg (204KB, 1107x892px) Image search: [Google]
FUGGGGG.jpg
204KB, 1107x892px
>>34208331
>>34208476
Well FUGG
What should be my course of action now? Can I get autismbux even though I have a university degree? I don't think I can achieve that in this Slav shithole. I just want to be the little gondola. ;_;
>>
>>3420847
thanks

Got 31, better than I expected

>I enjoy social chitchat.
>I am good at social chitchat.
Strongly disagree is not enough.

Who here don't know how social chitchat works?
inb4 everyone
>>
>>34207766
I dated a girl (this was before I became a NEET) who I highly suspect to have been autistic and she asked a similar thing of me. She was scared of sex and was a virgin so we never had sex but she would always ask to lay on my chest. I guess I made her feel safe. She had a lot of issues but was really sweet and smart, lot of empathy (which can happen in female cases of autism, sometimes male too, where they have too much empathy instead of not enough) and artistic. Sadly, she killed herself in 2014. RIP Juliet.
>>
>>34208906
You sound more normal than you think you are, anon. Your dad sounds like a delusional retard. Try to find a place on your own if you can and don't carry the "btw I'm autistic" badge around if you're not comfortable displaying that to normies, or even non-normies.
>>
>>34207043
I think it is a good thing, now you actually have an excuse for being a failure. I wish I was an autist.
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.