[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/SPD/

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1470157651239.jpg (104KB, 803x688px) Image search: [Google]
1470157651239.jpg
104KB, 803x688px
Who /schizoidpersonalitydisorder/ here? I just got to know about the whole thing a few days ago, literally every symptom about the "secret schizoid" checks out. Any tips on how to get better? Maybe some more experienced anons?
>>
>>34196128
The whole thing although it feels like living a fucking robot meme, feels pretty bad, not gonna lie
>>
Thanks for not even replying boys
>>
>>34196258

Maybe schizoids aren't interested in sharing their stories, would make sense.

I'm extra careful about recognizing myself in this. It just seem too perfect to be real.
>>
Don't go around diagnosing yourself with shit
>>
there is no getting better. this is who we are. it doesn't matter how we got this way. we are the pidgeonman.
>>
>>34197343
>we are the pidgeonman

What do you mean by this?
>>
File: 1475153192334.gif (462KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1475153192334.gif
462KB, 500x500px
>>34196128
I have almost every symptom of SPD but I believe I'm the way I am due to environmental factors. I was normal and don't remember showing the symptoms when I was younger.

I wish I did have SPD so I'd at least have an answer to why I am like I am desu.
>>
File: lsdubs.gif (2MB, 589x589px) Image search: [Google]
lsdubs.gif
2MB, 589x589px
>>34196955
>>34198455
>>34198588
Nice dubs guys

I identify with a lot of these symptoms but giving us a label doesn't help anything. It's not like depression which can be treated
>>
File: CwTwQkWUQAA2IYb.jpg (349KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CwTwQkWUQAA2IYb.jpg
349KB, 1200x1200px
I used to think I did, but I believe I just got used to being alone and avoiding social interactions entirely because of my severe hearing disability that I've had since birth. All my social anxieties are from trying to understand what people say.
>>
File: IMG_0876.jpg (93KB, 450x449px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0876.jpg
93KB, 450x449px
>>34196128
Why is it even called schizoid if it doesn't include hallucinations? This sounds like a carbon copy of avoidant personality disorder, which just about every robot has.

SPD = APD = all robots from lack of socializing

Lack of social skills will naturally lead to avoiding social situations, ain't rocket science
>>
>>34197025
10/10 keks
Go back to tumblr you'll get better sympathy and feedback
>>
>>34199295
That being said, reading through the whole wikipedia article on it makes me feel like I'm being described almost perfectly.

>>34199584
Your understanding of the two disorders is extremely superficial - avoidants will feel a ton of anxiety in social situations whereas schizoids will just feel uncomfortable and are reclusive in general because of a lack of interest in social relationships.
>>
>>34196128
Well first, careful self-diagnosing because people will see what they want to. But if you do actually have SPD then you can't quite "get better" per se. You can't cure a personality disorder, though you can learn to live with parts of it better and manage it. Though don't let that discourage you from trying to do anything you may want to if you do have a personality disorder.
>>34199584
It's related to schizophrenia and stuff somehow. I spoke to a guy from here once who had it diagnosed and his family all had schizophrenia spectrum stuff or whatever for example. Cluster A personality disorders and schizophrenia are linked genetically.

And also what >>34199680 said. People with APD are anxious are more suffering. Schizoids are pretty comfortable, they're just weird, not really anxious.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.