[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alcoholism

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 9

File: misery.png (267KB, 637x360px) Image search: [Google]
misery.png
267KB, 637x360px
>tfw alcoholic
>promised myself I wouldn't drink the first week of uni
>proceed to drink one and a quarter fifth of 47% spirit, 2 shots of 40% spirit, 4 beers and a cup of wine over the course of 5 days
>alone every time
>hate myself

Any alcoholics self loathing this evening?
>>
>>34194658

>quarter fifth
>1/20?
>>
>>34195168
A whole fifth plus 1/4 of another
>>
That's not a lot to drink over 5 days m8, during my worst period I was drinking around 7 beer a day, along with half a quart of dark rum every second day

You're not totally far gone yet
>>
>>34195255
Yeah I know, but I'm an evening drunk. It's mostly psychological, a routine of a sort. I never drink during the day.
>>
nah i did that over the weekend after a week sober, hate myself for wasting my entire weekend so tonight i'm going to DUDE WEED LMAO and maybe play some vidya and crash early

i'll probably wind up drinking tomorrow night though
>>
>>34194658
that's not that much

and drinking alone is meaningless. it's only something to feel bad about (and is only mentioned in alcoholic tests) if you're drinking alone to hide it. not cause you're alone anyway
>>
>>34194658
How do you deal with the annoying dehydration, the tiredness, the hangovers, the shitty sleep, the heaviness and inebriation, etc etc? I never understood that about alcoholism. There's more negatives than positives to being more than just slightly buzzed for me.
>>
>>34195421
>There's more negatives than positives to being more than just slightly buzzed for me
stay this way anon, forever and don't fall for the drink to be social meme, it works for awhile but then 10 years pass and you are an alcoholic with no future

i much preferred life when i was just a lazy pothead
>>
>>34195467
i would do pot instead but i'm too scared to get any
>>
File: uwot.png (153KB, 268x370px) Image search: [Google]
uwot.png
153KB, 268x370px
>Feel good everyday
>Have a nice, social hobby
>Have a simple motivation to get through the day (Drinking)
>May die in your 50s

What's wrong with being an alcoholic?
>>
>>34195379
I know it's not that much, it's the inability to not drink that make make feel miserable besides like I answered to >>34195255
Over five days meant over five evening (about 4-5 hours span max)
>>
anyone ever slam 3 bottles of red wine in like 2 hours?
>>
>>34195506
yeah honestly if weed were legal here i don't think i would have ever really became an alcoholic, hell, i got my DUI and totaled a car after drinking vodka because i was bored to death and couldn't get any weed that night

it is honestly, literally, really fucking depressing when i think of how much alcoholism has cost me, like panic-attack inducing shit
>>
I''ve been drinking maybe 4 beers, more on other nights, every day for the past few years. every once in a while i'll overdo it and get black-out drunk. i've recently stopped drinking since i've had a sensation in my lower-right abdomen. no pain, just a feeling. i'm on day 4 of no alcohol... wonder if i'll have withdrawal..
>>
File: soldat.jpg (67KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
soldat.jpg
67KB, 453x604px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EachYP9l_aA
Pije ktos cos anony bo smutno?
>>
i would stop drinking but it's just too much fun. it feels great and distracts from the bad feelings
>>
File: jandj.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
jandj.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wrf9aVmsXI
Thread theme kurwa
>>
>>34195467
Pot, too, has too many drawbacks for me to enjoy being stoned 24/7. The laziness is a huge issue, also the paranoia and lacking clarity of thought. But still alcohol just leaves me feeling ruined the next day and it steals proper sleep 100% of the time.
>>
>>>professional help

Alcohol addiction is serious shit. Get help now
>>
Alcohol's drawbacks keep getting worse and worse for me. I don't mind the physical ones, but the mental shit combined with the lack of sleep makes hangovers terror to suffer through.
>>
>>34195836
my #1 issue with alcohol to be honest, and it seems to get worse as i get older

and with pot it's weird, i'm not actually usually lazy, i like to wake up early, make a pot of coffee, pack a bowl/roll a j, whatever, and then drink coffee and smokea bit until i get hungry, make a nice breakfast and then i usually wind up cleaning my apartment or something else productive, that's pretty much my ideal saturday morning
>>
>>34195342
Weed helped quitting for me. Just blazed that loud frequently and didn't drink through the holidays
>>
>>34195836
if you drink less you'll feel fine the next day. also drink water between drinks

i've basically optimized it for good feelings and decent sleep/mood the next day for myself
>>
>>34195966
well my problem recently has been a lack of supply but i think i might have finally fixed that

i do miss the days of needing nothing more than 1/8th of weed, some food and a new vidya to feel content for a few days
>>
>>34196016
>if you drink less you'll feel fine the next day
and therein lies the problem anon, once you hit a certain point of alcoholism, there is no 'drink less' it's drink until you either simply cannot get anymore or physically cannot drink anymore, and it is fucking hell

the only way i made it sober 7 days last week is because i was flat broke after spending my last 5 bucks on some shitty 40s...
>>
I've been having big troubles with my gf (ex now.) I started drinking 2 bottle of red wine, 8 568ml cans of kronenbourg, a litre of vodka. Once your hangover has finished start again. I haven't eaten properly in maybe 5 days just bits and pieces of fruit. I hope to die of heart attack in a black state soon.
>>
>>34194658
I don't get this kind of alcoholic. Just be functional. Stop being a sadsack.
>>
File: image.jpg (83KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83KB, 657x527px
>>34194658
As others have stated, you're drinking patterns aren't that bad. Drinking alone isn't all that bad actually because sometimes you just need to be alone and just kinda space for a little while. I'm an on and off drinker so I was drinking pretty heavily during the holidays, then I took a break for about 2 weeks and then last Friday I got a bunch of beer. Usually when I get home from work, like right now, I have a few beers with my dinner and chill out and play some video games. If it makes you feel better, play online games with friends (if you have some) or with strangers.
>>
ive been dying for a drink the last week but i have no more money
i considered stealing from my mother so i could buy some goon
>>
>>34196257
Just make it if you're desperate anon.
>Stealing
>Can make it for next to no expenditure
>>
that's about how much I had last night? 500ml of 49.5% (99 proof) vodka

my life is on the up and up, have a girl who loves me to death.
>>
as long as I don't feel like shit the next morning (which surprisingly after 11 years, I don't) drinking isn't a big deal. I drink water or other liquids like soda or whatever to offset the shit and I'm golden
>>
>>34196780
oh nvm one and a quarter 5th, jesus you're a pathetic alcoholic. I hope you get some serious alcohol withdrawal soon. then tell me your life is bad...
>>
>>34196780
>vodka
>49,5%

that is some kind of weird vodka
>>
>>34196821
Is that sarcasme? I know 1000 mL (+ the shots) isn't that much. It's the psychological need that kills me. I just can't help myself.
>>
>>34196257

Do you live somewhere with self checkout? Fucking easy to steal hard cider etc.. if they got those. I did it loads of times when I was dead broke.
>>
I been drinking since this evening and will probably continue until I black out. I just can't accept the fact that she doesn't want me. How come she don't want me man?
>>
>>34194658
How much does all that cost total?
>>
>>34197415
probably because you drink excessively, sometimes to the point where you black out. it's just a theory
>>
>>34197417
I'm Canadian so quite a lot. 33$ per fifth. Cheapest strong beer is about 14$ for 6
>>
>>34197453
No no no no, I've been drinking since she left, I miss her, but she doesn't wanna see me, I guess I fucked up real bad. I can't take this, I've been driving near her house but I can't stop and knock on her door because I'm afraid she would pull a restriction on me.
>>
>>34197558
You're driving after drinking a whole bunch? Responsible. You should kill her pets and effectively show her that you want to be the only living thing in her life
>>
>>34195317
That's how it starts, be careful you don't let it bleed into other parts of your day. Keep it confined to just at home at night and you can attack it during that time-slot, but if you need to drink during the day then you're fucked.
>>
>>34197558
I had the same thing happen to me once. I drove right over to her house and bled her chihuahua dry. I sacrificed the body to my lord Methuselah and she took me back right then and there, because it was "an unholy act of unmatched devotion" and she had "never seen anything like it."
>>
>>34194658
>>proceed to drink one and a quarter fifth of 47% spirit, 2 shots of 40% spirit, 4 beers and a cup of wine over the course of 5 days
Why do alcoholics measure their alcohol usage in weird measurements. Just say if you drank a pint or gallon or whatever fuck these fractions.
>>
I can't drink as much as I used to and I am happy about that. I used to be able to do hard liquor from 1 pm to 3 am before passing out now within 4 hours I feel it hitting me hard and the feeling isn't good anymore.
>>
>>34197796
A fifth is a 750 mL bottle (a little more than 25 oz)
>>
I wish I was an alcoholic

maybe then id have friends social skills and some good sexual experiences
>>
>>34197916

You get the social skills to make friends but you also can quickly lose them due to your antics so its a curse. I've just broke up with my gf and we live in a studio apartment so shes sleeping not too far away and I'm going to drink and pick up a knife and see where it goes that fucking whore that cheating slut who won't move out MY apartment.
>>
File: IMG_2631.png (15KB, 120x120px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2631.png
15KB, 120x120px
>>34194658
>I never drink during the day

I can't go a day without drinking. I need at least 2 beers during the day, and 3 at night
>>
>>34194658
I don't hate myself, but I've been drinking for 9 years with the past three being full on daily. It's not the best. When I was in high school I never touched any substances and found it pretty easy to be interested in things even though I was sad as fuck.
This kind of a life is actually better than my youth in several ways.
>>
>>34197916
No you don't you little pansy.
I have friends, and social skills, but I'm 27 and have never been in a relationship or had sex with a girl even once. I live with my parents right now, and I haven't had a job in 9 months.

Alcoholism would destroy a person who has the same thoughts as you. You just don't know what you're talking about. Avoid it.
>>
File: 3333.jpg (257KB, 1920x1152px) Image search: [Google]
3333.jpg
257KB, 1920x1152px
>>34198616
>tfw getting back into the post 12pm drinking
FUCK
>>
>>34198953
Do you have a job/ morning class? If so good luck man that's rough.
>>
File: 1421845580471.png (17KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1421845580471.png
17KB, 900x900px
>tfw have to start drinking as soon as I wake up so I can stop shaking
>tfw have had multiple seizures at work from withdrawals
>tfw have to spend a shitload of money on ubers because I can't drive because I'm always drunk
>tfw 2k in credit card debt from buying booze when I'm broke
>tfw can't stop
>tfw dad called on the weekend saying I have to by the end of the week to admit myself to hospital or him and my uncles will drag me kicking and screaming
>>
File: 1349740999226.jpg (86KB, 705x960px) Image search: [Google]
1349740999226.jpg
86KB, 705x960px
>>34194658
>Wake up at 5AM
>Drink 8-10 shots of vodka
>Work 8-10 hours
>Go home
>Drink another 10-20 shots of vodka
>Drink a few glasses of water
>Pass out
>Wake up shaking
>Repeat

Please, someone kill me.
>>
>>34199323
what kind of job you have? Do they know you are shitfaced?
>>
>tfw used to be alcoholic
>always bought everclear and juice from the liquor store a block away
>made a mixed drink and would always pass out after being awake for ~5 hours
>wouldn't be able to fall asleep
>would close my eyes and see dark demons and have panic attacks
>heart wouldn't stop beating extremely fast
>ran out of money eventually
>got clean
>>
>>34199351
>What kind of job?
Social worker.

And no. I've never once even gotten an odd glance. I suppose the whole "functional alcoholic" thing comes into play?

Being able to get away with it only makes it worse.

Even my girlfriend doesn't realize I go to her place shitfaced every night. The sad part being, I have never spent a night with her sober.

Don't end up like me.
>>
>>34199445
They can't pick it up on your breath?
>>
>>34199500
It's really not hard to hide.

Smoke strong cigarettes and wear strong cologne. That, and don't ever stand too close to anyone.
>>
>>34197383
elaborate pls

original asdfadfads
>>
>>34194658

Why are you addicted to such a shitty drug?
>>
>>34197383
Alcohol isnt sold in supermarkets here in the glorious nanystate of australia and everywhere it is sold there is no self checkouts
>>
>>34199578
Do you at least get cheap Australian wines or are they over taxed?
>>
I was nearly becoming an alcoholic years ago, until I picked up smoking cigarettes. Now I'm hooked to that instead. One poison for another I guess. At least smoking is cheaper.
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.