[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happens when you call a suicide hotline? Like seriously,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1481275471092.gif (982KB, 320x287px) Image search: [Google]
1481275471092.gif
982KB, 320x287px
What happens when you call a suicide hotline?

Like seriously, do they actually try to help you out or do they just put you on suicide watch? I have been extremely depressed lately, I almost can't feel anything anymore. I don't have anyone to talk to, except my parents and they don't really give a shit anymore. Will calling them help me at least one bit?
>>
Suicide hotlined aren't there to help you, they're there to comfort you.

You won't be written on a suicide list tho, so I guess you can try calling them if you really want to.
>>
>>34192412
My brother calls one every now and then when he feels like offing himself. Like, he's hung up the noose and is standing on the chair, then he calls them.

They don't offer therapy or long-term solutions, their immediate goal is to make you not kill yourself.

They can, however, give you numbers for long-term treatment. And they will talk to you and listen to you immediate situation.
>>
They stall for time while they send police to your house
>>
>>34192412
Call one and record talking to them about autism.

Piss jugs, tendies, the lot.
>>
>>34193324
This, don't do it.

I fell for it and they did this and called my place of employment.
>>
Suicide hotlines exist to do two things:
- are you a threat to yourself or others?
- if yes, report you to the police

They are not there to provide any kind of treatment.
>>
No such thing as a suicide hotline. There's only the attentionfag hotline called the suicide hotline.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.