[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it okay to torrent books for college?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0226.png (363KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0226.png
363KB, 5000x5000px
Is it okay to torrent books for college?
>>
No. Torrenting is never okay. If you can't afford something then you shouldn't have it. I can't buy a yacht so you don't see me googling ways to steal one.
>>
>>34191260
>Is it okay to torrent books for college?
If you are asking it maybe you know the answer already.
Philosopher Kant would say that it is wrong.
>>
Yes it is.

Fuck them for charging hundreds for a fucking BOOK! And then, to prevent you from buying used books they put out a newer edition every year or two so you can't even buy a cheap used one.

Now these fuxkers have a new scam, where they include an online service where you can do quizzes and shit, and the access code alone sells for $120, whereas if you bought the access code + book is $ 130. Really makes you think
>>
>>34191260
Yes, anything both overpriced and required is OK to steal
>>
>>34191297
Maybe in some situations, but these bastards have an unnecessarily high price just for 1 book. So fuck them.
>>
>>34191260

It'd be wrong not to.
>>
Does pirating stuff violate the "don't steal" rule (second precept) of Buddhism?

http://buddhism.stackexchange.com/a/2869

tl;dr: no. pirating is not stealing, it is copying
>>
File: CI8emnhUEAEyFL5.jpg (26KB, 495x495px) Image search: [Google]
CI8emnhUEAEyFL5.jpg
26KB, 495x495px
>>34191260
Fuck off criminaI
>>
>>34191297
>torrenting is the same thing as stealing
nice meme
>>
>>34191297
>giving in to the massively jewish ploys that is college books
>here class, you must buy this 2017 edition of a book we will use 5-6 times, it's only $200 don't worry. No no no, the 2016 edition you can find used for $20 will NOT do because 5 pages are formatted differently

If you unironically think that college books publishers deserve the money then I don't know what to tell you. You're in too far.
>>
Textbook prices have exponentially grown and are now unreasonable expensive compared to how much they cost to produce.

Morally it's your own decision.
>>
>>34191260
I torrented both intermediate accounting books that cost $350 each
>>
>>34191260
Yes. The huge loss of money on your part if you bought all your college books would bring much more suffering to you than it would bring to the publishers of the books were they to lose a sale. The whole university system fucks students. It's not your fault and you're not obligated to suffer for it.

>>34191297
>If you can't afford something then you shouldn't have it.
The just-world fallacy at work. Money doesn't necessarily go to people who deserve the things it can buy. Money is not an instrument of moral reward.

>>34191317
Immanuel Kant was a moron.
>>
You're lucky if you can find your books anywhere on the web. All of the textbooks I need are nowhere to be found.
>>
>>34191260
Yes. Textbooks are an absolute racket. Libgen that shit nigga
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.