[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did I have to spend my teenage years alone playing video

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: 1478962909472.jpg (58KB, 540x416px) Image search: [Google]
1478962909472.jpg
58KB, 540x416px
Why did I have to spend my teenage years alone playing video games? Why did I have to be so scared of girls? Why did the people who were mean to me get to bang my crushes while I was agonizingly aware of everything I was missing out on?

I wish I wasn't so afraid
>>
Years of escapism are coming back to haunt you, my friend. Don't worry. You can still better yourself. Believe in yourself and go out there and meet some new people!
>>
>>34189058
Im in the same boat my friend. Should kill yourself, its alot easier.
>>
>>34189058
>Why did I have to spend my teenage years alone playing video games?
You chose to do so, nobody forced you.
>>
Years of escapism are coming back to haunt you, my friend. Don't worry. You can still escape this awful reality. Start abusing your drug of choice and enjoy your life again!
>>
File: 1483513671471.png (443KB, 960x948px) Image search: [Google]
1483513671471.png
443KB, 960x948px
>>34189091
I'm resigned to this fate now anon, I'm a KHV and I have never once had a girl friend, much less a girlfriend. Your encouragement would be much better suited for someone who hasn't already missed the best gift life has to offer, youth
>>
Years of escapism are coming back to haunt you, my friend. Don't worry. You can still experience nirvana. End your life immediately!
>>
>>34189058

I'm in the same boat, anon. I'm 22 and I feel like I've wasted my life and can't recover.

Objectively, I know I can still do things with life, but the things that I want out of life are just completely gone.
>>
>>34189160
Pal, Unless you're 35+, you're still youthful enough to experience what everyone else experiences at 20. You're just using this as an excuse to further yourself into your escapism. The longer you hold yourself in a rut, the more you don't want to leave. And before you know it, you'll be too old and detached to do anything.
>>
>>34189196

Okay, anon, let me put it this way. I want a qt virgin gf to eventually marry. I'm 22. It's just not happening at this point. I've postponed my stay in College by stacking my schedule with "Intro To" courses trying to meet younger girls. Literally none of that has worked out.

If you have advice I'm all ears, but I've given up at this point.
>>
File: c3.jpg (55KB, 679x657px) Image search: [Google]
c3.jpg
55KB, 679x657px
>>34189058
It's your shitty recessive genes!

I had the same shit happen. Parents gave me the shitty beta genes and then raised my younger brother into an athletic motivated handsome chad.
>>
>>34189196
>You're just using this as an excuse to further yourself into your escapism.
You might be right
>>
>>34189278
>qt virgin gf
First advice, you may want to lose one of these three, which one is up to you.
>>
>>34189321

As long as her face isn't horrible, and she's not fat, I'm okay with compromising on looks a bit.

I can't unsee the statistics on virginity.
>>
>>34189109
>You chose to do so, nobody forced you
In no way did he say that you mouth breather.
>>
>>34189461
My mouth is currently filled with cereal.

>>34189428
>I can't unsee the statistics on virginity.
You won't say no to and otherwise sweet and nice girl if she lost her virginity to someone in her teens, I bet a Jackson on it.
>>
>>34189278
>22
... Are you fucking shitting me? Seriously man. You have opportunities left and right. The world is in your hands. You could do anything you wanted. And you're in college.

>qt virgin gf
Relatively unlikely. Assuming you live in USA or some other western society. Whenever I meet girls, the assumption I make is that they're not a virgin nor would I want to take a virgin's virginity at my age (23) because it's too meaningful for them vs me.

As for this, you need to go out on a date or meet girls or make friends and further your social resume. This will solidify whatever it is you're looking for. You think you want a KHV girlfriend but that may not actually be the case till you've had a taste of something more normative.

I've gone out with KHV girls before and more normie-inclined women and the more normie-inclined girls are definately easier to get along with. There's a reason they're KHVs at their age and because they're girls, they lack the self-awareness and self-deprecation to make it as enjoyable and novelty-like as men do.

If by the end of your normie-tier gfs, you still want a KHV gf, be my guest. For a long time, I wished for a Misaki (from NHK) to show up at my door and pull me out of my depressive non-anime-esque relationships but it doesn't work like that. Especially in such a society that isn't traditional and too western-like.

And college freshmen have no idea what they want. Looking for a KHV girl or even a girlfriend-able girl is much easier in higher level courses just because they're more mature and they're past the freshman "I want to be wild and do things I regret but will have stories about!".
>>
>>34189495

I actually just dropped one back in December. Granted we weren't dating or anything, just casually seeing one another, but I really don't want to date a non-virgin. Even ignoring statistics, it just feels like I'm being cheated out of something.
>>
>>34189563
>it just feels like I'm being cheated out of something.
Yes, one little harder trust, a bloody dick and a crying girl. If that's what you are looking for, good luck.
>>
>>34189531

Yeah, I live in the U.S. I also assume most women my own age aren't virgins. That's why I try focusing exclusively on younger, average looking introverted girls.

I'm not really looking for KHV, just not used goods.

I've dated normie-tier women before, I just always resent them for having other partners.
>>
>>34189196
>that feel when 36
>>
>>34189058
I didn't have any friends as a teenager so I didn't even know people were having sex at my age.
Kinda miss having friends though.
>>
>>34189627
It sounds like you're just insecure about not being able to measure up or feeling inferior to a memory. And then you placate yourself by transferring this feeling of dread onto something intangible as in destiny and fate or the past.

2 things to take away from this.
1) Stop projecting your feelings and sentiments towards nostalgia onto your girlfriend or romantic prospect. They, most likely, don't feel the way you do. Especially if they're currently your GF.

2) Understand what it is about yourself that you feel is worse in comparison and talk it out with your SO and better yourself. You may find that the things you dislike about yourself are the simplest things to correct.

You sound like a well-adjusted individual, anon. I wouldn't give up. Have confidence.

>>34189646
Well, it gets harder since in our society, it's a little alarming but i'm sure there are a ton of people that don't mind the age.
>>
>>34189058

I spent my teenage years studying

now I'm in college studying

except right now I'm on r9k lol
>>
File: IMTEMPORARY.png (158KB, 366x316px) Image search: [Google]
IMTEMPORARY.png
158KB, 366x316px
>>34189058
man, i'm about as skinny as an escapee from a labour camp, and I know that picture is a composite of two different cats...
but it just embodies how I feel, as a human. straight down to the ILOVEMYCAT pillow it lays it's head on, it's just a printed lie.
Nobody loves me anymore.
fuck I miss my cat so bad.
rest in peace oliver.

OP, why did you spend your teenage years alone playing video games? the answer is often in the question with these types of issues.

Dealing with the emotions that come with the ever-mounting and detrimental effects of your recidivism is the most likely cause. Throwing yourself into a blur of years, you became complacent in your agony, so to speak. You saw others as superior, and like you stated, you were afraid. Afraid of rejection, afraid of inferiority, afraid of embarrassment.
Afraid of failure.
And look what you accomplished...
I hope you are in a better spot now Anon, sincerely. As I am in the same way very brow beating on myself about my management of time as a teen. So many "missed opportunities". This is a logical fallacy. An opportunity is an opportunity. You don't miss out on it. You deliberately choose not to go through that door and stay in the room you are most comfortable in.

I wish I wasn't so afraid too anon...
>>
>>34190776
>you deliberately choose not to go through that door and stay in the room you are most comfortable in
that about sums it up.
it's like my life is a game show and instead of winning the car and trip to monte carlo, I walked away with the consolation prize of rice-a-roni and a shelf of encyclopedia brittanica's.
>>
I wonder what it was that made me so afraid to go out and try to be social. Almost everyone else did it and it's not like I wanted to have this kind of future. Why was I so afraid when other kids weren't?I wish I could go back and pinpoint the moment when everything started to go downhill?
>>
File: catgetslifeinprison.jpg (12KB, 296x296px) Image search: [Google]
catgetslifeinprison.jpg
12KB, 296x296px
>>34190873
thank you for responding, I really put thought into helping people with at least perspective if not a small nugget of advice.
the rice a roni and shelf of encyclopedia brittanicas really hits home for me.
Can't tell you how much I love cars (as driving is my form of escapism), and how much I hate eating instant pasta and rice dishes because of being poor as shit.

I feel with you anon...and I know that doesn't mean much in this world on an imageboard but just know that there are others out there like you, going through the same problems.
I'm a cynical realist so I unfortunately know that a lot of people have this false ideation of that they are going to somehow "make it". Like of mice and men. Lennie was so sure he was gonna make it, in fact, he was positive, due to George's reinforcement.
But in the end, Lennie just ends up squeezing that bitch to death and he gets a mercy bullet to the back of the head.

I never squeezed a woman to death, or anything near it. Quite opposite of that in fact...

most women are harlots. i'm so pissed about this rambling post for some reason.

I love you anon.
>>
File: zzz.jpg (18KB, 441x334px) Image search: [Google]
zzz.jpg
18KB, 441x334px
>>34190776
>I know that picture is a compose of two different cats...
Yeah, actually that face has been edited on so many cats that I don't even remember which one was the original face
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.