[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck do i get my hair cut do i just go into a great

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

File: 1480334916500.jpg (87KB, 600x461px) Image search: [Google]
1480334916500.jpg
87KB, 600x461px
how the fuck do i get my hair cut

do i just go into a great clips or somewhere and say "yeah cut it short but not that short"? also where/when do i tip since i'm an amerifag?
>>
>>34188672
Are you black? Need the deets
>>
>>34188672
I'm not sure about that myself, I usually just say: "keep the form, but cut it a bit shorter"

I actually have no idea what a normal haircut would be or how other people ask for one
>>
>>34188672

it's all about the numbers anon. you will mumble like an insecure moron if you don't know the numbers of the clippers you need. great clips employees are only capable of understanding the numbers.
>>
>>34188672
also you tip at the end... if you pay by credit card there is a place for it on the receipt when you sign it.

how do you get to be 18 without knowing how to get a haircut?
>>
>>34188716
white as a snowflake

>>34188770
yeah this seems alright.

>>34188774
fuck if i know what the number of the clippers are. if i say half an inch hopefully they'd get it right? like a 4 or a 5?
>>
>>34188672
You say "I want it cut short (buzzed or clipped) ___ inches/cm taken off the sides, ___ taken off the top" if a buzz cut I go for a 2 on the sides and 4/5 up top and tell them to square everything up.

Be picky too cause those fuckers are lazy as hell.
>>
>>34188839
Or you could make it easy on your barber and ask what they think would look good on you, and tell them to do that. Probably can't be any worse than what you're rockin already
>>
>>34188839

>tfw OP accidentally asks for a bowl cut without knowing it
>>
File: 1476285974296.jpg (21KB, 412x351px)
1476285974296.jpg
21KB, 412x351px
on a semi related note, I have been buzzcutting my hair to 6mm for forever so I could avoid going to the haircut shop. Now I started to let it grow back because I don't want to look like a slav or nazi anymore. though it looks absolutely stupid with currentlenght. It's too short to get a haircut yet and grows everywhere but I can't cut it back because then the haircut man can't get me a proper haircut. How the fuck do I survive until my hair is long enough? The sides bother me especially. I want the top to be a bit longer so I can actually style it a bit but the sides grow too so this is a problem.
>>
>>34188873
that's actually a good idea. Gonna try that next time.

>Probably can't be any worse than what you're rockin already
this
>>
Usually I walk in and say take an inch off.
They usually have rulers on their combs or they've been doing it long enough to where they know what an inch is

Tipping is done on the card when you sign or you just hand money to the stylist
>>
>>34188890
Trim the sides then holy shit are you retarded
>>
My hair feels and looks like sacks of straw.

I want to ask for some advice, but I never come through. This has been going for more than 5 year
>>
>>34188977
Use a conditioner, try hair paste
>>
File: 1483355975498.png (842KB, 745x736px)
1483355975498.png
842KB, 745x736px
>>34188965
but how can I just trim the sides I will have to trim the back of my head then also. Also that will look stupid as fuck because when there is no head surface area from the sides anymore I can't use the buzzer anymore so it will end up something resembling >>34188884 this shit. It's not as easy as it sounds and it is bothering me for some time now already. I avoid going outside even more than usual and when I do I wear a hoodie so no one can see my head but I get funny looks at the grocery store and it is making me uncomfortable
>>
Due to my tactile aversion, social anxiety and being redpilled on grooming and styling of my hair; I haven't had a professional haircut since the weekend before 9/11/01. I remember this so exactly because it was a bad enough experience that I never did it again.

Instead I bought myself electric clippers and simply shaved my head for the next 7 years. After that, I just stopped tending to my hair completely and bought a hat, which I wear all the time.

Why even get a haircut? If you've got straight hair, just grab a bundle and cut it clean across when it gets too long. If you've got curly hair, invest in some sheep shears.
>>
>>34189016
>hair paste

???

Specific product please
>>
Is it alright if I say I want my hair cut finger length?
>>
>>34188672
true robots cut their own hair
>>
>>34189092
probably better to measure 'finger length' and ask for that instead
>>
>>34189067
I use "got2b phenomenal something", it literally changed my life.
>>
>>34189025
hey look what happens when you use some common sense
http://lmgtfy.com/?t=v&q=cut+own+hair+men
>>
>>34188884

>Yeah, give me the Dylann Roof.

It's a robot haircut anyway.
>>
>great clips
Don't do it. It's literally people just out of college that get paid shit so you know they don't care.

Find a barber or at least a higher end salon.
>>
>>34189177

>Male
>Going to a salon

No. Find yourself a local MALE barber. Salon stylists are usually women and don't know shit about male hair other than trendy bullshit like undercuts.
>>
File: Polnareff_anime.jpg (47KB, 500x441px)
Polnareff_anime.jpg
47KB, 500x441px
>>34188672
Get the polnareff fade
>>
>>34189211
A higher end salon will know their shit regardless. Barbers are good for typical short cuts but don't know shit after that.
>>
>>34189211
This. Makw sure they are black too. Black babrbers are the best barbers. They can do just about anything a white can and then some more.
>>
What kind of haircut do you get if you have a baby face? If I got a buzzcut and tried to grow my beard out, would I look try hard?

If I get the normal undercut crap, I'll look like a nu male.
>>
>>34189262
This is horrible advice.
If you're white, especially the sort of white guy who hangs around /r9k/, do not set foot in a black barbershop. Unless you want to get joked on and bullied and laughed at the entire time by the staff and the customers.
>>
>>34189289
All I know is that a side part is always in
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (47KB, 1280x720px)
maxresdefault.jpg
47KB, 1280x720px
>>34189345
WHhat? You cant handle the bantz? We all just joke around with each other in the shop. I see what dudes in my regular place of business all the time joking around. learn how to stop taking shit to seriously and stop getting so ass blasted and you'll be fine. It's fun. You might even make a friend and get discount cuts.
>>
>>34189491
*white. Original white, that is
>>
>>34189491
I personally can handle it but I don't think it's a good idea for the typical robot to go into a "phat kutz" and get disrespected by apes for an hour
>>
>>34189533
You seem to think that every black barber is like this. Why is that?
>>
>>34189593
Saying that all black barbershops are zoos is just as stupid and unrealistic as saying all black barbers can cut hair well.
>>
>>34188672
just say u want a 1 all around. thats robot haircut
>>
>>34189700
what is a 1 all around
>>
>>34189491
what can I do against the fucking hairlines growing on the left and right side of my back neck it looks stupid as fuck and whenever I try to cut it away I cut away too much and have to wear highcut necksweaters for 2 months until shit grows back
>>
>>34189149
Please stop linking that reddit site
>>
3 on the top, 2 on the sides. This is all you need to know.
>>
>>34189731
they basically shave ur head and then u look like sir king wojak
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.