[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

On a scale of one to ten, how lonley are you guys? And explain...

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

On a scale of one to ten, how lonley are you guys? And explain...

Be honest.

>5/10
>have only one true friend it being my girlfriend (long distance)
>spend my days alone playing overwatch and fallout 4
>go months where the only person I talk to is my girlfriend
>acquaintances ignore me to the point where they walk away when I try to start a conversation

Only reason I don't go higher is cause I have a gf.
>>
7/10
Only one true friend but lives in another state.
He is mostly busy working so we barely talk.
In most online games and hell even here I feel isolated and alone.
Just had an anxiety attack not to long ago feeling lonely as fuck and that I'll die alone.
>>
>>34187519
I feel you anon, had a panick attack last night whyle falling into an existential spiral realizing life is pointless and I'm wasting my time alone in my room. Feels bad man.
>>
>>34187583
It is not great. I am tired of this shit as hope killing anxiety. No matter how positive I try to force myself to feel this shit happens then I feel like worthless trash.Luckily I got college that will force me to interact with people so hopefully things will get better but right now...
>>
I have always been alone.

""""Friends""""" are there but there was never any emotional connection.
Family is just me doing my own thing while they are happy.

Too smart for grade school. Too lazy for boarding school. Too antisocial for Uni.

Always get banned at online forums for not fitting in with "forum culture".

I prefer solitude anyways. It's lonelier with other people around.
>>
>gf
>lonely
bait
fuck off
>>
>>34187630
College is just full of chads and Staceys getting drunk and fucking. Of you manage to get a friend you might be able to go to parties and stuff. Sadly I have yet to make a friend in college. As I said I go mints withought talking to anyone, I just go to class and go home.
>>34187635
You're not a 10 kohai, only real wizard go that high. I'd say you're more a 4 or 5. The fact that you're able to make >""""""friends"""""" takes away a lot of points.
>>
File: 1483579471649.jpg (705KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1483579471649.jpg
705KB, 1200x1000px
>>34187479
6/10
The only people that actually care about me are my family, but they care really much for the most part.
>>
>>34187654
As I said its long distance. Having a girlfriend doesn't mean you're not lonley. If I didn't have her I'd probably be in the looney bin.
>>
>>34187698
Maybe that chadness will rub off on me(most likely not) At least ill be surrounded by people. Hell some of them might pretend to be friends with me to copy my shit who knows. Better than staring at a screen with no one to talk to.
>>
>>34187699
You're lucky your family cares, my family is just a bunch of chads and Staceys who don't understand.
>>
>>34187715
Good luck anon.

Oreganiliodoldio
>>
>>34187750
Thanks doesn't start till tomorrow. Man I am really scare of English. I am terrible at writing and god forbid I will be forced to speak in front of everyone.That is the worst. My math class should be okay. I am not terrible at is considering I dropped out of high school.
>>
about 8/10
I haven't had a real conversation with anyone in almost 6 years since I went to uni
The few acquintances I had in school stopped talking to me even online years ago
The people in university are not interesting in talking about anything beyond the material and homework
I barely talk to my parents, since I don't have anything positive to tell them and I don't want to bother them with my problems, especially because they wouldn't be able to help me
At this point I can't even imagine anyone wanting to talk to me or hang out with me, I feel like I only annoy and bother people with my presence
>>
File: 1479851938223.png (208KB, 807x935px) Image search: [Google]
1479851938223.png
208KB, 807x935px
2/10
My mind and body has adapted to the lonlihood over the years. I no longer crave human connection as I once did. I'm happier.
>>
>>34187479
>gf

Yet you are still a massive faggot.

>playing normieout 4

Wew lad
>>
File: 1424214802101.jpg (50KB, 630x332px) Image search: [Google]
1424214802101.jpg
50KB, 630x332px
I just went from having a bunch of good friends back down to just one. All because of one stupid mistake, just yesterday. I've realized that not only am I good at being alone, I really do prefer it. I'm experiencing the hedgehog's dilemma pretty hard right now.

I've had lots of friends, but over time they all fall away. I don't want to hurt the way I am right now ever again.
>>
>>34187830
How do you do this? I hate interacting with people but the emptiness of being alone still feels uncomfortable.

I hate anime. I suck at videogames. I'm too lazy to read.

What do I do?
>>
>>34187479
9/10 I have two friends that go out of their way to talk to me, one because he is a Christian and the other only because he has no friends himself. The thing that adds to the loneliness the most is having no friends whilst being at uni. I'm surrounded by people my age that have healthy, fulfilling social lives. It's thrust in my face and makes me miserable.
>>
>>34187774
What's your native language? And are you in a bylangual country/ provinice? >>34187802
I'm sorry anon, that sounds horrible. At least you somewhat have youreceived family.
>>
>>34188027
My native language is English, but most courses require English as a core class.
>>
>>34187924
Not him, but in my case it came from repeated negative experiences with other people throughout my entire youth. In a world where all the food was oatmeal, it would be easy to diet, right? Now apply that to people. They're all ugly, loud, and have stupid interests. While I do feel the biological need for interaction, the cons outweigh the pros by far.

As far as having something to do, find an obsession. Give yourself the goal to create something or do something very difficult. Spend all your conscious energy on that one thing, 24/7. Never stop, even after constant failure. Attempt to achieve your goal until you either succeed or die. At that point you'll be so far removed from humanity that you'll forget loneliness exists.
>>
>>34187830
That's pretty edgy.
>>34187862
It's a pretty comfy game, don't see how ito bad.
>>34187918
I never had friends to begin with, lucky you.
>>34187942
I wounds sat that's a 9/10 because at least you have human interaction.
>>
5/10 I guess
At uni, only have acquaintances and spend most time on computer.
I do still text 2 friends from high school semi regularly though. Only friends I have rn.
Family calls sometimes too, which is more than some people I guess
>>
>>34188050
Ah okay I thought you might've lived close to me, since it's a bylangual place
>>34188087
Wish I was able to have an obsession. I give up on everything.
>>
>>34188134
Nope sorry about that. Usually never around people.
>>
>>34188134
>Wish I was able to have an obsession. I give up on everything.
Why do you give up?
>>
>>34188134
That's why you don't give up. It's not hard. Try thinking of the end result if you don't give up, to give you motivation. Don't let negative thoughts fester in your mind. Thinking of quitting will just make it worse. Push that shit out of your mind.
>>
>>34188204
I have no ambitions. As soon as I start I get bored of it. I have a bunch of random skill but none of them I'm good at because I just give up.
>>
>>34188247
I try really hard, but I always give up. There's no hope. My new obsession is playing the guitar, but I'm no good and it'll do nothing good in my life. Why continue doing something if it's useless?
>>
>>34188265
When you get bored, don't stop. That's all you have to do. When your brain says "I'm boredddd" just ignore that whiny faggot and do it anyways. Stop caring about your own pleasure, and care only about completing your goal. If your next thought is "but the goal is stupid" then that's your brain trying to trick you. Again, ignore it.
>>
>>34188087
Ok. I'll try to become a sociopath with the selfcontrol of a monk. Wish me luck.!

Now how do I cure my crippling laziness and piss poor attention span?
>>
>>34188326
Force yourself to complete your goal. If something is interfering, get rid of it. For example, if you keep coming back to your computer instead of doing what you planned to do, find a hammer and smash your computer.
>>
>>34188305
Alright I'll try getting back into programing cause I can have that as a job. Thanks anon, I doubt I'll change bit I'll try. I mean, I have noting better to do so why not?
>>
>>34187479
10/10

I'm completely lonely.

I've been alone most of my life too, so it's not a big deal to me.
>>
>>34188353
No, you're going about this the wrong way. Don't make your goal for someone else (getting a job). Don't even do it for yourself (this will make me more marketable/attractive/impressive). Do it for the task itself. Do it because you want to see the goal completed.

If you're into programming, here are a few good "goal" examples:
>writing an operating system from scratch that outperforms an existing OS in some way
>programming an AI that passes the turing test
>write the software for a self-balancing bipedal robot

See the pattern here? You need to pick something extremely difficult, yet important at the same time. Test and expand the limits of your willpower.
>>
>>34188429
Yeah I'm pretty new at it but that seems like a good goal. Thanks anon, you should become a motivational speaker or something.
>>
>>34188587
Whenever I try to explain my methods to people in real life they call it sad or crazy. I think you have to have a very negative mindset for it to work, which is why I only really explain it to people here.

Most self-improvement that people try to do is for hedonistic reasons, but this rarely works because improvement itself is painful. It's better to reject pleasure and ignore pain, for the sake of the goal itself. I've done this for a long time and I've gained a lot of skills, but I find no joy in it. It just allows me to see things get done that I want done.
>>
>>34188660
Yeah, well it really works. You got me all motivated, but I doubt this will last.
>>
File: 1476127061052.png (112KB, 403x403px) Image search: [Google]
1476127061052.png
112KB, 403x403px
>>34187479
>7/10
>be uni fag
>most of the friendships I have here are fake
>rarely does anyone want to hang out with me
>the only interactions I have on the regular with any genuine friends are all my international friends I made from /pol/
>only ever get to see them when I coincidentally travel to their countries for either school or work which happens twice a year if I am lucky
>haven't had much interactions with girls
>most of them are extremely uninteresting and my lack of experience makes it hard to form any connection
>I don't vidya anymore
>all I focus on in my free time are trying to perfect myself and pick up social skills or other cool skills for when I meet actual friends I can form genuine bonds with them
>I still haven't much luck to date
>often tell myself "t-tomorrow is a new day"
>>
>>34188710
When your motivation runs out, just keep doing what you're doing on autopilot. If you were raised with a strong sense of guilt, use guilt as motivation. For example when you browse 4chan, think "I should really be doing <thing> instead". If you weren't, just ignore the part of your brain that wants to stop. Sort of like how you can touch a very hot thing if you ignore the pain in your hand. Same thing, but mentally.

It's not about finding motivation, it's about keeping going despite having none.
>>
File: Emo__040704_.jpg (386KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Emo__040704_.jpg
386KB, 1920x1200px
8/10

Main reason is I get anxious in groups and have a hard time talking to strangers. Therefore I can't make any friends. Have no gf also and no friends at the moment. Only thing that keeps me from being a full 10 is my family.
>>
9/10
Once my mother is gone, it will be 10/10. "Friends" is a meme once you hit 30 btw. You'll see.
>>
>>34187479
I'd say 7 or 8 out of 10. I have no friends at college, I talk to a few (0-2) people a week. Usually just run into aquantinces while out smoking cigs. Roomates don't talk to me at all. Eat alone every day.

Only reason I didn't go higher was because I still get to drive home occasionally to hang out with my 5 or so good friends from highschool and my family.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.